Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
There are too many :words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well, nothing absurdly egregious happened. A good update by Reborn standards.

e: Unaware has always seemed a little odd to me. Like, it feels backwards? Clearly the X-ups you used on Ocean Man worked fine, but it just ignores how the enemy team buffs itself? It just seems weird to not notice that the enemy is suddenly punching twice as hard or dodging really fast.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 7, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So uh are Gardevoirs just going to be creating a bunch of random black holes now? Like Gossip Gardevoir established it as a suicide move done to protect their trainer earlier this episode and now Lin's just casually having her Gardevoir do it?

Also seriously why the gently caress do Gardevoirs even have the ability to make black holes. Especially ones that lead to exposition dimensions but also might kill you??

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zore posted:

So uh are Gardevoirs just going to be creating a bunch of random black holes now? Like Gossip Gardevoir established it as a suicide move done to protect their trainer earlier this episode and now Lin's just casually having her Gardevoir do it?

Also seriously why the gently caress do Gardevoirs even have the ability to make black holes. Especially ones that lead to exposition dimensions but also might kill you??

It's a throwaway pokedex line that says they can in moments of great stress or desire to protect their trainers at all costs, since they're super loyal. GG did it to destroy the PULSE machine and try to keep Hat Trick safe, while this one is probably HER FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE SPOOKY being CONTROLLED BY LIN SPOOKY or some poo poo like that.

tl;dr psychic powers ain't gotta explain poo poo lol - ame

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dareon posted:

Well, nothing absurdly egregious happened.

There was a literal Act of God. The bad guys only succeeded because of divine intervention. :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

The reason the trees go forever is because this was supposed to be a forest in Colloseum/XD where you can purify Shadow Pokemon
Yeah but that's well past where the player could walk to in order to see them.

LiefKatano posted:

Also why did Gossip Gardevoir die when she used her black hole ability but this one is perfectly fine. I don't want GG back, but that seems... inconsistent. Maybe it was a scope thing...?
Pretty sure she was inside the blast radius of it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

HardDiskD posted:

Again with the loving underwater monologue.

E19 starts up a blitzball stadium.

Each game takes 5 hours for every player to monologue, and you're locked into using max level Luca Goers.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

E19 starts up a blitzball stadium.

Each game takes 5 hours for every player to monologue, and you're locked into using max level Luca Goers.

Lin uses the Al Bhed Psyches at double the cap, tho

Eyeapple
Mar 4, 2019
Oh man, I don't want to even see the mountains of dialogue it'll take to wrap up all of these plot threads in E19. That is, if they're even wrapped up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kitfox88 posted:

while this one is probably HER FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE SPOOKY being CONTROLLED BY LIN SPOOKY or some poo poo like that.

I doubt it will be anything that elaborate - remember that PULSE2s exist. It's probably that Lin heard what happened to PULSE-Hypno, thought "huh, bet you a PULSE2'd Gardevoir could do that on a smaller scale", and got herself a black hole launcher.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I keep -trying- to read these updates for some god forsaken reason, but my willpower ran out when meeting Lin underwater and I zoned out for the rest of it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

It's a throwaway pokedex line that says they can in moments of great stress or desire to protect their trainers at all costs, since they're super loyal. GG did it to destroy the PULSE machine and try to keep Hat Trick safe, while this one is probably HER FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE SPOOKY being CONTROLLED BY LIN SPOOKY or some poo poo like that.

tl;dr psychic powers ain't gotta explain poo poo lol - ame

This entire escapade reads like Amethyst just found out Gardevoir can make blackholes and is using it at every possible opportunity moving forward

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Eopia posted:

I keep -trying- to read these updates for some god forsaken reason, but my willpower ran out when meeting Lin underwater and I zoned out for the rest of it.

you didn't miss much. Lin edgelords a bit to the circus duo, throws a black hole at samson, ciel freaks out, shelly freaks out and blames herself foreverything since she asked the circus for help, hardy calms her down and goes BOY HOWDY LETS HAVE A GYM BATTLE

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

DoubleNegative posted:

There are too many :words:

reborn.txt

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Lin is Arceus, isn't she? That's why she could make that pillar appear. For fucks sake.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

rannum posted:

you didn't miss much. Lin edgelords a bit to the circus duo, throws a black hole at samson, ciel freaks out, shelly freaks out and blames herself foreverything since she asked the circus for help, hardy calms her down and goes BOY HOWDY LETS HAVE A GYM BATTLE
Also discovers the thing she wanted isn't there, and then somehow summons it out of nothing.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

rannum posted:

Hardy calms her down and goes BOY HOWDY LETS HAVE A GYM BATTLE

It’s better than Ferns reaction to death at least but yeah, “someone just died and Lin’s omnicide plan is going well, now let’s have a nice fun battle” was, uh, weird.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

TODAY'S RANDOM SHINY:

Why is the poor Rhyperior desaturated like this? :(
Is this supposed to look like a theoretical gen 1 sprite black and white Rhyperior?

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I am so fuckin tired of lin and her endless speeches and not being able to do ANYTHING to her at any point

How is listening to an edgelord go on about her garbage philosophy any fun for the player? How?

I should be glad this game is close to over but really it should have been over a while ago and instead we're stuck in hell waiting for the 9th circle to open up.

gently caress this game

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

I was so confused to why he was suddenly talking to himself like this.

But then I realized.

I didn't even mean to run this into the ground either.

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

LiefKatano posted:

Also why did Gossip Gardevoir die when she used her black hole ability but this one is perfectly fine.

They said that since she was beat to poo poo due to Raven defeating her, summoning a black hole would probably kill her, which it probably did.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Madtrixr posted:

I am so fuckin tired of lin and her endless speeches and not being able to do ANYTHING to her at any point

How is listening to an edgelord go on about her garbage philosophy any fun for the player? How?

I should be glad this game is close to over but really it should have been over a while ago and instead we're stuck in hell waiting for the 9th circle to open up.

gently caress this game

Presumably the people who think this is a good game agree with her or something.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

There was a literal Act of God. The bad guys only succeeded because of divine intervention. :psyduck:

I did say absurdly. Deus ex machina is par for the course. :colbert:

Madtrixr posted:

It's just like their japanese animes! Seriously, I'd bet that's it, I can think of like eight villain monologue scenes from JRPGs off the top of my head. Of course, these were all by single villains from at least five different games, happened only once, and lasted less than five minutes.

I've got a sick burn percolating linking "brevity is the soul of wit" and "engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent," but it's not quite together yet. I'll sleep on it, maybe y'all can think up something.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

F14m3rz posted:

They said that since she was beat to poo poo due to Raven defeating her, summoning a black hole would probably kill her, which it probablyhopefully did.

We all know that escape from Gossip Gardevoir is impossible. At the very least, she needs an overlong death monologue, which means more of everyone's beloved Mad Hatter too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
This is minor compared to all the other problems but man I hate Hardy’s accent

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Please no Celebi time travel bullshit, that is the LAST thing this hot mess of a story needs.

Reminder that we already found out that there's been time weirdness previously. Fern was the hero last time and failed. Now it's our turn. So we're left with the question; how does Lin fit into all this?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Reminder that we already found out that there's been time weirdness previously. Fern was the hero last time and failed. Now it's our turn. So we're left with the question; how does Lin fit into all this?

Also let';s not forget the overarching "goal" of getting Arceus, who is linked to Dialga, the dragon who can control time

episode 19 is going to have hella time travel

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

Bloodly posted:

Well, she mentioned something about a colored pencil, which fits in with Laura's story with who she is, so she "seems" to be the same orphan from years ago. But with the fact that she survived a stab from an Aegislash, tanked a punch from a strongman, her Hydreigon could somehow beat an Alolan Ninetales without getting oneshot by a Moonblast, Anna can't perceive her, Cal's testimony about her collapsing on the floor for hours on end and that Terra's a close compatriot of some kind, she's either a robot or a hologram.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Lin is the villain Pokemon Reborn deserves. She flies around on a Hydreigon because it's a big bad hydra, she can pull all sorts of deus ex machine out her rear end because, y'know, we need an antagonist and Lin is that. She's like the anti-thesis of what Raven represents (Just witnesses nerds being nerds, then beats anything that stands in her way 'cause Fish).

I have half a mind that the end of this game will reveal how Lin's name is short for something that links to her being some facet of Arceus, hence why she doesn't die when she is killed, her pulling a Jigsaw for Reasons, her summoning dead Pokemon or pillar things. ... And now I'm imagining Lin pulling the whole Nihilego Lusamine thing in Sun and Moon and now I'm actually hoping this game ends anywhere close to that, 'cause that'd be hilarious.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

quote:

I love how the unfortunate position of his "cool hand pose" or whatever makes it look like he's just awkwardly adjusting his collar.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

rannum posted:

episode 19 is going to have hella time travel

Oh God, we're gonna shift the timelines so that Ame ends up being the protagonist, aren't we?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kyrosiris posted:

I doubt it will be anything that elaborate - remember that PULSE2s exist. It's probably that Lin heard what happened to PULSE-Hypno, thought "huh, bet you a PULSE2'd Gardevoir could do that on a smaller scale", and got herself a black hole launcher.

Good point, her Gardevoir will have a custom black hole ohko move during your fight with her. :dong:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

CommissarMega posted:

Oh God, we're gonna shift the timelines so that Ame ends up being the protagonist, aren't we?

Unlikely. She took actual pleasure in real life in killing off her own self-insert.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to kill God

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My last two stupid theories didn't pan out and ended up getting even dumber resolutions, but I'm still banking on Lin being an extra-dimensional being from the Fern timeline, hopefully being the literal avatar of time-erased Fern. Though I'll be satisfied when it turns out her tragic origin is something even stupider.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I like tho think that Raven just saw Lin pull up that puryfiing stone from the ground, looked at her team and went "Nah M8, it would be unfair to beat you with this Quagsire, go get a better team" and stepped out of the way.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Hydreigon learns attacking moves in every type but fairy... and grass. :smug:

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Hydreigon learns attacking moves in every type but fairy... and grass. :smug:

I assume that this is another gun on the mantle for down the line.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DiggleWrath posted:

I assume that this is another gun on the mantle for down the line.

There is one battle left, it's Hardy. And then I complete the Pokedex and then that's it. If E19 has things I don't know what they are or who beats it up.

Quagsire has one weakness, a massive x4 weakness to Grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

Quagsire has one weakness, a massive x4 weakness to Grass.
Doesn't it also have a 4x weakness to Freeze Dry? Granted, it would only have to worry about Aurorus, Articuno, Glalie, Vanilluxe, Cryogonal, Alolan Ninetales, Lapras, Mamoswine, or Delibird, but still.