Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

boy i hope this no-breakfast diet helps me lose a bunch of weight

50lb would be nice thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i need the gym down the street to hurry up and open so i can put on weight

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Shifty Pony posted:

quitting alcohol entirely is really the best choice.
Not to be that preachy freshly sober girl, but for a lot of people it is. Especially if you're going medical. I am soooooo loving lucky I didn't destroy my poo poo.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I quit drinking for multiple reasons. I still miss beer but I don’t miss the hangover

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I still drink because I’m broken but way less often than before

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i don't drink too often these days because i'm broke and would rather buy weed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
weed owens

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

there’s a couple manga I’m reading that featured pretty and happy trans women in a couple moments and is it weird to get riled up and jealous and stop reading the chapters because of that

like gently caress you life is not that perfect.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it’s also like a sense of...shame I guess???? feeling like I’m not living up to something???? same poo poo my mom and dad give me too, “you should be better than that why couldn’t you be one of the cool ones”

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

like gently caress me I guess for not being any good. fuckin wish I was better but you’re stuck with me so too loving bad.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

story of my goddamn life.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

sorry this was garbage of me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 26, 2019

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hi i would suggest reading a couple pages of the thread first before barging in with a post like that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Palemdromes posted:

I was directed here from Ask Tell. I’d like to discuss trans issues, specifically the issue of trans women competing in and dominating women’s divisions of sports.

To start on the right foot: Trans women are women and trans men are men. I am 100% a supporter of the right to transition, to use the bathroom of the gender you identify with, etc. but the sports thing is the only issue I have a problem with. the reality is, trans women were not always physically women. many went through puberty as males, with testosterone making them generally larger and stronger than women who are born female and grow up that way. It seems unfair to me, and to anyone who is concerned with fairness in sports in general.

I don’t know the solution. I do know that labeling people like Paula Radcliffe as transphobic because they’re concerned about a complex issue is incredibly lovely behavior. sorry for the rant. thanks as always for reading my posts.

We get it, you're just asking questions.

Get out.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
congrats! "there are trans people here and I want to say this to trans people" is not a valid reason to post in the thread.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Palemdromes posted:

I was directed here from Ask Tell. I’d like to discuss trans issues, specifically the issue of trans women competing in and dominating women’s divisions of sports.

To start on the right foot: Trans women are women and trans men are men. I am 100% a supporter of the right to transition, to use the bathroom of the gender you identify with, etc. but the sports thing is the only issue I have a problem with. the reality is, trans women were not always physically women. many went through puberty as males, with testosterone making them generally larger and stronger than women who are born female and grow up that way. It seems unfair to me, and to anyone who is concerned with fairness in sports in general.

I don’t know the solution. I do know that labeling people like Paula Radcliffe as transphobic because they’re concerned about a complex issue is incredibly lovely behavior. sorry for the rant. thanks as always for reading my posts.

trans women often have less testosterone than cis women cause of hrt so what you're saying is bullshit

also shut the gently caress up

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Palemdromes posted:

I’m not racist but

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Palemdromes posted:

<bad post expunged>

I'd say "welcome to yospos" but I think the consensus is you aren't

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

that entire argument is made in bad faith under the assumption that trans women must be trying to cheat the system somehow and that we and our bodies can’t simply be accepted for who we are

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Palemdromes posted:

You didn't come to discuss anything, just barf up something you heard from someone who heard it and then tell us how to feel about issues that have nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Trans athletes have been competing for years and there hasn't been any domination. This is just TERF bullshit concern trolling and you fell for it.

Smarten up or gently caress off.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

You didn't come to discuss anything, just barf up something you heard from someone who heard it and then tell us how to feel about issues that have nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Trans athletes have been competing for years and there hasn't been any domination. This is just TERF bullshit concern trolling and you fell for it.

Smarten up or gently caress off.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm all for the equal treatment of white and black people EXCEPT in the bus they should ride in the back it's only fair thanks for reading my post bye

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Anybody know who referred dicknose up there here, because my tits are currently uncalm.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Anybody know who referred dicknose up there here, because my tits are currently uncalm.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3343753&pagenumber=1717&perpage=40#post494880144

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I don't think Penguissimo knew that it would be that kind of post

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FCKGW posted:

I don't think Penguissimo knew that it would be that kind of post

Yeah I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for linking them here.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
jfc I do not have the energy for this poo poo rn thanks for handling that yall

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Yeah, it was put real vaguely. Wonder what crawled up his rear end and died, since phone posting and not in the mood to check for prior transmisia.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

My bad, friends, sincerest apologies...that A/T thread has generally been a place for people to genuinely seek answers and I've learned a LOT by lurking this thread, so I didn't think to check the guy's rap sheet

Sorry :(

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the right place to ask. thanks for your patience anyway.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Palemdromes posted:

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the right place to ask. thanks for your patience anyway.

you didn't ask anything you shitstain and you knew drat well it wasn't the right place to start spewing that poo poo

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Penguissimo posted:

you didn't ask anything you shitstain and you knew drat well it wasn't the right place to start spewing that poo poo

I respect your anger and I’m sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to see what y’all thought about this issue, but if that isn’t welcome here then I understand.again sorry if I offended and I’ll try to be more tactful in my posting from now on.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Palemdromes posted:

I’m sorry you feel that way

oh?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
post in here again after your extended probe Palemdromes and expect a ban. gently caress off

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i'M jUsT aSkInG qUeStIoNs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Palemdromes posted:

I respect your anger and I’m sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to see what y’all thought about this issue, but if that isn’t welcome here then I understand.again sorry if I offended and I’ll try to be more tactful in my posting from now on.

if you're even 1/100th of a percent sincere, maybe try reading up on this issue yourself now that you have some free time. here, i'll help you start:

https://www.athleteally.org/tom-blunt-trans-women-sports/

even though i'm almost certain you just came here for a d&d slap fight, i like to at least pretend people actually care sometimes

regardless of that, don't ever come back

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Shame Boy posted:

tell him what you want and how you think y'all can get there and he'll probably be happy to at least try, it just takes practice and stuff and you'll probably have more than a few sexy times that just end in dumb giggling before you get there :shrug:

p much, i got over my "i don't want to tell him what to do when i'm on bottom too" thing and just sort of... enabled debug mode? here's how i grip myself, slightly tighter please, decrease speed a bit, no not that much, yeah i think i'm feeling something. it's sort of awkward but gently caress it, he deserves to get honest feedback, and i've already said "I might not be sexually attracted to you as a top. I love you and I do want to be with you" so how much worse could i possibly hurt him

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Penguissimo posted:

My bad, friends, sincerest apologies...that A/T thread has generally been a place for people to genuinely seek answers and I've learned a LOT by lurking this thread, so I didn't think to check the guy's rap sheet

Sorry :(
Honest mistake, no hard feeling s here.

Palemdromes posted:

I’m sorry you feel that way.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

p much, i got over my "i don't want to tell him what to do when i'm on bottom too" thing and just sort of... enabled debug mode? here's how i grip myself, slightly tighter please, decrease speed a bit, no not that much, yeah i think i'm feeling something. it's sort of awkward but gently caress it, he deserves to get honest feedback, and i've already said "I might not be sexually attracted to you as a top. I love you and I do want to be with you" so how much worse could i possibly hurt him

yeah we did pretty much the same thing for a while but it slowly became something a bit less awkward and silly with time and practice, so hopefully that's where it'll go with you two. good luck :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
oh cool. questions on trans issues from someone who has no loving clue and is parrotting poo poo from terfs!

my body frame is fairly small (i am 5'8" and my shoulders are not all that broad), my hands are tiny, and perhaps my feet could give me away (i am a US 11/EU 43), but my estradiol is around 560 pmol/L and 0.6 nmol/L for my testosterone, meaning that basically my body is not much different than your average cis woman and in fact i probably have far less T than they would

so yeah. i have an advantage: i can ask cute women to do things for me because they're generally stronger than i