Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, Liverpool are doing the double.

e: also, I know that "another magical European night at Anfield" is cliche and definitely not something to put a lot of faith in, but holy poo poo, another magical European night at Anfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Barcelona: More than a club?

More like

Barcelona: No More then Chokers

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

SirFozzie posted:

Barcelona: More than a club?

More like

Barcelona: No More then Chokers

They’ll never recover from this

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Until they do it again next year somehow.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i wasn't planning on melting down but it would seem disingenuous to talk so much poo poo and not take it full circle.

im still loving pissed at valverde for being such a bitch and doing exactly what he did last year against roma. in both situations he decided to completely go away from the type of play that got barca where they were in the first place. the idea that you can just turn your team into some atletico madrid knock off and hope messi scores is such bullshit when you've been dominating european teams all season with a 433. this obsession with letting coutinho figure out his loving feelings in the semi finals is bullshit too, as is playing dembele to injury in the meaningless game preceding this. this squad has proven time and time again that they aren't some defensive juggernaut and they completely break down without the ball. they were lucky to not have been scored on multiple times in game 1 and instead of learning from those errors and maybe playing a system designed to hold the ball and not say, play like loving Everton, they use the exact same line up and what do you know, it led to the exact same chances except this time liverpool actually had good players scoring and not that fraud mo salah. before the season the team said the primary goal was the champions league and to have your manager get up his own rear end in back 2 back games and not reacting at all to Klopp's tactics is loving insane. Valverde should be fired and Coutinho should be sent back to the garbage league he came from where scoring 10 times a season is considered quality cus every other midfielder is poo poo at striking the ball or dribbling a few yards without peeing their pants. a terrible loving choke job and yes my monitor is turned on

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Nice meltdown

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

nice meltdown

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I'm sure there are good points in here and I'ma let you finish but

Have you considered

Farçelona?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It is pretty weird that Valverde does seem to have blown it two straight years. I wonder if they would really think about sacking him tho

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
god drat the manager for pickung the same team that won 3-0 a week ago. no but seriously thats footy someties, reminds me of when we beat luxembourg in 92 and went out to kaiserslauten in the next round. the main thing is no one died or even got hurt very much and mane didnt get a red for that tackle in the last five mins

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

If we win the Cup and City win the league, do you suppose we could do some form of swap deal?

This is the post that has brought me fully back into the gently caress off Liverpool camp after their incredible performance today, so thanks tarbrush, and gently caress off forever.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Re: Dembele's 90th minute miss at camp nouuuu

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

that will be a costly miss when Liverpool smash 4 past Barca at Anfield

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Lol at wanting the league more than the UCL.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
lets all post our favourite videos of barcelona tasting defeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAr-ZqXMihU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So many Divock and Trent scouser babies being born.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shrapnig posted:

This is the post that has brought me fully back into the gently caress off Liverpool camp after their incredible performance today, so thanks tarbrush, and gently caress off forever.

Happy to be of service :v:

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

BWV posted:

i wasn't planning on melting down but it would seem disingenuous to talk so much poo poo and not take it full circle.

im still loving pissed at valverde for being such a bitch and doing exactly what he did last year against roma. in both situations he decided to completely go away from the type of play that got barca where they were in the first place. the idea that you can just turn your team into some atletico madrid knock off and hope messi scores is such bullshit when you've been dominating european teams all season with a 433. this obsession with letting coutinho figure out his loving feelings in the semi finals is bullshit too, as is playing dembele to injury in the meaningless game preceding this. this squad has proven time and time again that they aren't some defensive juggernaut and they completely break down without the ball. they were lucky to not have been scored on multiple times in game 1 and instead of learning from those errors and maybe playing a system designed to hold the ball and not say, play like loving Everton, they use the exact same line up and what do you know, it led to the exact same chances except this time liverpool actually had good players scoring and not that fraud mo salah. before the season the team said the primary goal was the champions league and to have your manager get up his own rear end in back 2 back games and not reacting at all to Klopp's tactics is loving insane. Valverde should be fired and Coutinho should be sent back to the garbage league he came from where scoring 10 times a season is considered quality cus every other midfielder is poo poo at striking the ball or dribbling a few yards without peeing their pants. a terrible loving choke job and yes my monitor is turned on

don't forget you are full on plastic for loving barcelona you god drat dweeb

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Diva Cupcake posted:

Divockh

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

We’re mostly plastics here at this point, the fact that you give a poo poo about that makes you the bigger dweeb.

On that note though saying to send Coutinho back to the garbage league he came from is hilarious given the circumstances.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

calling someone a plastic on the internet in 2019 is almost as lame as writing a massive paragraph about why a choking dog of a team blew a 3-0 lead in the semis. happy to have company .

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i see suarez kept his promise of not celebrating a goal

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kids named Trent Yates and Divock Fitzsimmons will be filling Liverpool nurseries by the dozens in 2023

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
football can bring such joy

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
boys i'm drunk as gently caress

having said that...

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Well that was a fuckin game!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

BWV posted:

this time liverpool actually had good players scoring and not that fraud mo salah.

I don't begrudge you the meltdown, I was winding up to being saltier than the dead sea if Barca won, but this is one hell of a spicy meatball of a take.

BWV posted:

calling someone a plastic on the internet in 2019 is almost as lame as writing a massive paragraph about why a choking dog of a team blew a 3-0 lead in the semis. happy to have company .

This is, however, correct.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

In a just world this would win the Puskas Award.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Want that A.Becker kit so badly

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Wee Naby has the European cup on his coffee table

https://twitter.com/lfcieo/status/1125874229969391616?s=21

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

In a just world this would win the Puskas Award.

There needs to be an award for most amazing assist. Just think of the compilation of long list assist. Phwoar.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I was doing my traditional United fan "oh ffs" at Liverpool looking like they'd prevail, then this happened and I burst out laughing and thought gently caress it, go on you fuckers. This was just brilliant from TAA and the best corner I've seen since that one we had where (I think) Rooney just nudges it, no one notices and Giggs crosses it in for a goal (linesman then wrongly flagged).

I'll be back to being mad if the league duck gets broken though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

GET THE gently caress INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CheapPanini/status/1125872909690470401

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
gently caress Barcelona imo

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

T Bowl posted:

gently caress Barcelona imo

:hmmyes:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like they have put both Barcelona and Liverpool in the bin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

Looks like they have put both Barcelona and Liverpool in the bin?

Appropriate for both!