Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone have the UDES medium here? How ya liking em?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone have the UDES medium here? How ya liking em?

i didnt bother with em..getting pen'd by everything including HE doesn't sound fun mixed with slow shell speed.

been makin old guy jokes recently, also CGC buff on arc is nice

and the NA server crashed for everyone i was in a close battle most likely going to be a loss because two decent players on the enemy team anyway i go to rush arty and disconnect.. keep trying to login i get back in next to the afk arty kill him and some other guy..then this guy and win

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 6, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Gone Fashing posted:

the x3 bonuses you can apply are so good

If you can fuckin' win. Three battles in a row, all loaded with pathetic 45%'ers on my team. I ain't great but Jesus Christ when your top tier T-150 can't even score a hit then it's time to just quit before you murder the neighbours.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

In a game where I got steel wall in a loving :siren:CDC:siren: I bounced on the side of a rhombus twice, an E8 and a T6 french light.

The gently caress is this game.

I haven't seen a CDC in...months? Years?!?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Was not looking forward to the Leo due to its really lackluster stats. poo poo view range since the top turret actually unlocks after the top gun, and not even a full equipment load fits on the thing with the stock tracks. So I was as stock as I could possibly be.
Was expecting some truly afwul games until I had the thing fully unlocked.

First game:

Uh, okay :stare:

Carried a 3 vs. 8 along with our SU-100, and a useless Hellcat. Completed MT-7 with honors, and Coalition-15 for the Excalibur without even knowing they were active.

The Leo is pretty drat solid. I've only played it with the 75 instead of the bigger gun, but it's quick enough and pleasant to play.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, man I'm enjoying the manageable bonuses you can apply 5 times. Nothing wasted on a loss, and you basically get a massive kick-start to unlock stock tanks.

Wargaming...good?

Agreed, except 6th sense isn't default on all vehicles yet. :suicide:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

If you can fuckin' win. Three battles in a row, all loaded with pathetic 45%'ers on my team. I ain't great but Jesus Christ when your top tier T-150 can't even score a hit then it's time to just quit before you murder the neighbours.

I played for the first time in a while a few days ago, and it was definitely nice to be able to apply those bonuses although like you said, actually getting a good battle was the hard part. A 4k-damage game in the WZ-111whatever (tier 9 HT) apparently wasn't good enough to win, and I finally had to use the bonus on a 1k-damage match just to get it over with. :suicide:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Atomizer posted:

*And holy gently caress, are we getting a new tier 8 premium tank every week now? Last week it was the TS-5, before that it was the Lansen, now this thing? Jesus christ Wargaming.... :stare:

I wanted to go back and find this post of mine, because, while the T27 isn't actually out yet, I still wanted to note the period of time between the last new premium tank and the next one. So, like, a month between new premium tanks now. :stonklol:

And the T103 doesn't seem overpowered, but it does feel kind of...unnecessary. It's a big turreted TD that looks like a KV but without any armor, and while there haven't been a ton of tier 8 premium Soviet TDs (I can't tell you the last time I saw an ISU130,) we did get the SU130 not too long ago, and that's more than adequate (and not too dissimilar.) At least with the TS5 it was literally the first and only of its kind for the US tree, and the Germans have the reasonably-different JT88, Skorpion, and KJP, for example.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
new feature is nice to see as you login

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There is 0 loving reason why the IS-5 needs to be as bad as it is.

That gun is a disgrace.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Finally researched the Obj 430U.

Adding it to the pile with Obj 140 and IS-7 I'll never have the 6million credits each to buy.

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
so this is awsome i didnt know that we had a guild in this game do we have one in world of war ships ??

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Finally researched the Obj 430U.

Adding it to the pile with Obj 140 and IS-7 I'll never have the 6million credits each to buy.

Yeah I need to save up credits to buy the Maus :smith:. I am too lazy to do a proper credit grind so it's a slow process.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Atomizer posted:

I haven't seen a CDC in...months? Years?!?

Last time I saw one, back in December.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Last time I saw one, back in December.

I should take a screenshot of the Steel Wall metal on it and make a signature out or it. Unicum Magic or some poo poo like that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Enjoying the Leo so far. Gave the top gun a spin, and it's quite different, but still workable. I assumed it would have less options at higher tiers due to the lower applied dpm through worse handling, but since you pretty much assume a completely different role in tier 9 matches, and get into different positions while playing less aggressive, you get a lot more side-shots that hurt more. So I guess I'll try out both options a little more before settling on one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Enjoying the Leo so far. Gave the top gun a spin, and it's quite different, but still workable. I assumed it would have less options at higher tiers due to the lower applied dpm through worse handling, but since you pretty much assume a completely different role in tier 9 matches, and get into different positions while playing less aggressive, you get a lot more side-shots that hurt more. So I guess I'll try out both options a little more before settling on one.

On paper the Leo looks like an ice pick lobotomy, glad to hear it is not. Might need to check it out.

Also I took the advice and put the Dakka-Dakka-Dakka gun on the AT-15 and holy poo poo is it a scary dpm monster. Only played a few games in it with that gun and all of them were around 2k+ damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

There is 0 loving reason why the IS-5 needs to be as bad as it is.

That gun is a disgrace.

you didn't pay them $50, enjoy your garbage pile

also lol it has a worse gun than the is-3a and doesn't even get the autoloader

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

you didn't pay them $50, enjoy your garbage pile

also lol it has a worse gun than the is-3a and doesn't even get the autoloader

Seriously, like I was going to play it but then I looked at the gun and lololololono.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I still don't know why the game with all the napkin tanks still won't retrofit all of the first-gen autoloader tanks with the Italian method. They could even do it on the AMX-13/57 because while it'd make the tank insane, it'd also turn it into an ammo-less scout even faster.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I refuse to buy premium, I will die creditless you bastards.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Stack up on consumables when they are half price instead of buying for full at least?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Atomizer posted:

And the T103 doesn't seem overpowered, but it does feel kind of...unnecessary. It's a big turreted TD that looks like a KV but without any armor, and while there haven't been a ton of tier 8 premium Soviet TDs (I can't tell you the last time I saw an ISU130,) we did get the SU130 not too long ago, and that's more than adequate (and not too dissimilar.) At least with the TS5 it was literally the first and only of its kind for the US tree, and the Germans have the reasonably-different JT88, Skorpion, and KJP, for example.

I loving love the SU-130PM. I have been harping on it since I earned mine in this thread several times and you are right. The the SU-130 is basically twinzies with its german counterpart Scorpion G; it does have its great perks at being very stealthy. Perfect for scary cats like me who chill in bushes often near the red line.

E- Oh and it prints credits.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I still don't know why the game with all the napkin tanks still won't retrofit all of the first-gen autoloader tanks with the Italian method. They could even do it on the AMX-13/57 because while it'd make the tank insane, it'd also turn it into an ammo-less scout even faster.

What's the Italian method?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

GotLag posted:

What's the Italian method?

It reloads (albeit at a slower rate) while you're expending shells from the magazine. The Italian method means that you have another shot ready sooner than the French/old method of having to force-reload the magazine or ~just deal with it~ in regards to a complete reload. It'd give so many more older tanks that've been largely obsoleted more effectiveness and flexibility. The IS-3A uses the "reverse" of the Italian method which is game-breakingly broken it's so good.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 7, 2019

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

https://imgur.com/IbKiVWZ this battle turned into a real good one and ace for me but wanted to share a team of players shooting each other and WG staff saying gently caress in chat ..i dunno just seems funny to me since they're the bastards supposed to be moderating the game, think thats all he said that battle too

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4876092#karelia-turmoilx-wz-132a full replay sorry had 1 guy on my blacklist that was probably poo poo talking too.. that woulda been funny to see

MariusLecter posted:

I refuse to buy premium, I will die creditless you bastards.
only buy premium when its on sale for a year subscription then you're set to die

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 7, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It reloads (albeit at a slower rate) while you're expending shells from the magazine. The Italian method means that you have another shot ready sooner than the French/old method of having to force-reload the magazine or ~just deal with it~ in regards to a complete reload. It'd give so many more older tanks that've been largely obsoleted more effectiveness and flexibility. The IS-3A uses the "reverse" of the Italian method which is game-breakingly broken it's so good.

This would make tanks like the tier 8 and 9 amx branch good true, however can you imagine what it would do to the Batchat AP and 25T? Especially the AP with the 6 shot gun.

Apparently the changes to the Swedish heavies have been reasonably positive by dropping a shot and upping the alpha. This won't work for the Frenchies of course but I'd rather they did something different than the autoreloading style for France.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The French tanks could theoretically stay unchanged simply because as I recall - at least on the AMX-13s with the autoloaders, the magazine had to be changed from outside of the tank.

Even so, a four-shot AP with Italian autoloading would be nice, and the 25t could be adjusted to compensate for the new capability.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

https://imgur.com/IbKiVWZ this battle turned into a real good one and ace for me but wanted to share a team of players shooting each other and WG staff saying gently caress in chat ..i dunno just seems funny to me since they're the bastards supposed to be moderating the game, think thats all he said that battle too

Appropriate username for a WGA employee.

lol they're shooting HE too - 8 hits, 2 pens, 1 splash, 681 damage in their 50TP

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

played a game in S.conq and it was super good.. 7.3k damage but second class and it's on my ace tanker needed list so heres the battles i put down in it
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877319#el_halluf-turmoilx-super_conqueror http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877318#karelia-turmoilx-super_conqueror

and finally the last battle an ace.. i wreck 2 dumbass strvs which was very satisfying since one was on my blacklist.. probably for being dumb http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877333#studzianki-turmoilx-super_conqueror .. it blocks shots like a wall all those games i probably have 5k+ blocked

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

played a game in S.conq and it was super good.. 7.3k damage but second class and it's on my ace tanker needed list so heres the battles i put down in it
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877319#el_halluf-turmoilx-super_conqueror http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877318#karelia-turmoilx-super_conqueror

and finally the last battle an ace.. i wreck 2 dumbass strvs which was very satisfying since one was on my blacklist.. probably for being dumb http://wotreplays.eu/site/4877333#studzianki-turmoilx-super_conqueror .. it blocks shots like a wall all those games i probably have 5k+ blocked

Turns out kills are what matters for XP at tier ten and in low tiers.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Turns out kills are what matters for XP at tier ten and in low tiers.

lernt

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I had 3 straight ace mastery badges in the WIZI 131 (3k damage + 1.5 assist) last night to bump the moe up to 89%. Then had 3 straight garbage losses to drop me back down to 87% :cry:

Unfortunately I didn't have union 15 active at the time either.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Had my highest base XP game since getting back to this game...with 0 skill crew since i moved my main one to the 430.

Glad the x3 exists, thats 1/10th the way to T-54 in one game :haw:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This x3 bonus is a good thing, means I can get the double on poo poo vehicles then add the extra bonus and mothball the fucker until the next session. The AMX 65t, T-34-2 and TVP VTU will all be banished from my garage a lot sooner with this perk.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The French tanks could theoretically stay unchanged simply because as I recall - at least on the AMX-13s with the autoloaders, the magazine had to be changed from outside of the tank.

Yeah my autism wouldn't allow the french lights to get italian auto-loaders since historically reloading them required the crew to get out and load in new revolver style magazines which I find funny.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This x3 bonus is a good thing, means I can get the double on poo poo vehicles then add the extra bonus and mothball the fucker until the next session. The AMX 65t, T-34-2 and TVP VTU will all be banished from my garage a lot sooner with this perk.

Or you can Jinx yourself and will now get consistently lovely wins with those dumpster fires.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Or you can Jinx yourself and will now get consistently lovely wins with those dumpster fires.
Still shortens the grind :anime:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Welp I'm spending money on xbox tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/dreadnought-kv-2

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

I just cant make a loving joke about anything on whatever the hell that link is but it is hilarious. Much like this Youtube video promoting WoT Console in North America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02lwA6bMoqo
Welcome to the most Badass channel on the planet

E- LOL Holy poo poo the thumbnail on the link is of course the Patriot.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Makes it even better when you learn there is a goon on the wot console dev team.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WoT Console is Wargaming's Austin department, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

Makes it even better when you learn there is a goon on the wot console dev team.

Hey whatever makes you money go for it. I am not hating.