Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Varian's Footman skin is basically a less flashy version of his Grand Marshal skin, although it comes in different colors. The Kul Tiras variant in particular owns hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there an OP Anduin build?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bogart posted:

and we'll see you

in the nexus

not if I see you first!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
The spotlight dude is back! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgEPC3Vb2eM

I guess it's his last one, see ya Kevin

Kraps fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 30, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
At least you can still get him as an announcer in the game!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
farewell sweet kevin

apparently you were the reason that there's lore in hots which i don't think anyone wanted, but you were still an important part of the game through the spotlights.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Anduin seems very good.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Anduin is a less clunky Uther.

Considering that Uther is considered to be bad because he's clunky, Anduin is very good.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Kith posted:

He's a pretty solid healer overall and his Trait is loving insane. I like him a lot. He doesn't come with the heavy micromanagement requirements that some healers do.

Healers with micro similar to any other class are great. I like playing heals when I'm queued with at least one person I can count on. Brightwing, Auriel, and Stukov are my favorites. It's great to work in perfect synergy with a bruiser or assassin.

Malfurion, I can play well with a good teamate too. But I hate it. It's not even overwhelming, just constant tedious clicking. Reminds me of all the things I don't miss from Dota. Every second you're checking all your regrowth durations, every 3 seconds you're casting moonfire, every time you cast entangling roots it has to be placed just right or nothing happens, when innervate is almost ready you're checking every hero's mana and trying to remember if they have basic skills on cooldown. It's not a terrible hero design, and I'm sure some players love managing all that poo poo at once. But for me, I play 15 minutes of Malf and I'm done until next month. Someday he will reach level 10...

Tyrande and Ana are somewhere in the middle. You can build them for tedious micro and insane heals if you feel like it, but they work just fine with other talents and less micro.

Anduin looks like my kind of healer. Will probably pick him up as soon as he goes down to 10k gold.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

How do you feel about Whitemane?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Paranoid Peanut posted:

How do you feel about Whitemane?

I never noticed how close she plays to Malfurion until reading that post. You're watching multiple timers over allies' heads and trying to land your E perfectly. At least her W is on a long cooldown and her trait isn't an active? And her damage ult is more of a fire-and-forget, while Malf's silence ult has to be carefully timed and positioned for full effect.

Malf is just so goddamn busy.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Also Whitemane is red hot while Malfurion is some elf with a bad haircut.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Is there an OP Anduin build?

Anyone come up with anything? The tier one take both talent seems like a trap, otherwise I've been taking all divine star talents because it owns and procs renew at 4. I couldn't care less about either of his ults, the heal field is a big old 'CC me' sign and the bomb is just okay in my experience. Trait is sick as hell though.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Geckoagua posted:

Anyone come up with anything? The tier one take both talent seems like a trap, otherwise I've been taking all divine star talents because it owns and procs renew at 4. I couldn't care less about either of his ults, the heal field is a big old 'CC me' sign and the bomb is just okay in my experience. Trait is sick as hell though.

I've been doing:

1 // Bold Strategy
4 // Moral Compas (to proc both lvl1 talents)
7 // This one I dunno, usually either Power Word: Shield or Blessed Recovery.
10 // Usually holy word
13 // Speed of the Pious so you can run to your moron teammates who run away from your W heal.
16 // Inner Focus for double Q and to reset the cooldown after uses your lvl20
20 // Desperate Prayer for more healz

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

1-9 with Anduin so far. Pretty rough, shame since I like healing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hes a glorified Uther but every team treats him like Morales and they just constantly dive 1v5 expecting to live and are like "yo healz?" And I realize again why I quit this game for 5 months.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I reinstalled this broken rear end game

But it was mainly to import the assets into star craft 2 editor

Anduin is pretty neat and pretty pretty

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I am really digging the art/graphics updates on some of the maps like the Dragon's Knight. Also, thinking about the graphic someone posted above the the twitch numbers and drops enabled, what I always wondered is why they did not have "drops" permanently enabled. I mean, it is not like the drops cost them anything and you know people would be leaving the streams on 24/7 for stupid loot boxes. I'm really surprised more loot box games don't do this unless Amazon some how charges to have loot drops in streams.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.

Mind over Matter posted:

1-9 with Anduin so far. Pretty rough, shame since I like healing.

For whatever reason he seems a bit off to me as well. I have had no luck with him when I have played as him and also when he was on my team. He is definitely not the typical super-op new release hero.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ToxicToast posted:

For whatever reason he seems a bit off to me as well. I have had no luck with him when I have played as him and also when he was on my team. He is definitely not the typical super-op new release hero.

The wierd delay on his abilities kinda hurt him

Also how the hell do you actually kill Malganis in a match? Dude has sustain for days.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 6, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Suffering from Yrel-itis. :(

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

The wierd delay on his abilities kinda hurt him

Also how the hell do you actually kill Malganis in a match? Dude has sustain for days.

Throw an ana grenade on him.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

why do i do this to myself

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

I've been playing a lot of HOTS lately ever since getting disillusioned with my re-entry into League (Summoner's Rift is an absolute garbage map and I don't want to play against people who've spent 6 years memorizing jungle paths), and holy poo poo Mal'Ganis is really something else -- and this is coming from an avid Anub'arak main. It's not even necessarily the sustain, the amount of CC he can dish out against an entire team is really something, especially when there's someone like Kael'thas to follow the CC up.

Sure you can pissjar him but good luck doing that between the constant knockups and the 2.5 second sleeps as he zooms away.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
What's your build with him? I seem to just claw into the enemy team then die horribly.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been playing a lot of HOTS lately ever since getting disillusioned with my re-entry into League (Summoner's Rift is an absolute garbage map and I don't want to play against people who've spent 6 years memorizing jungle paths), and holy poo poo Mal'Ganis is really something else -- and this is coming from an avid Anub'arak main. It's not even necessarily the sustain, the amount of CC he can dish out against an entire team is really something, especially when there's someone like Kael'thas to follow the CC up.

Sure you can pissjar him but good luck doing that between the constant knockups and the 2.5 second sleeps as he zooms away.

:same:

I played League for like 3 years and ended up hating it because it is just the same map and strategy over and loving over, with the worst population of "gamers" in existence. I then played smite and loved it until it went to poo poo. I got burned out on mobas for a while.

A friend got me to try this a year a half ago and I loved the casual feeling of play of it, and the unique heros, and then Blizzard decides to slowly axe it after I get invested :(

I found the best way to deal with him is Ana or just chain CC and burst him hard

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

do the W quest on sylvanas, get a deece amount of stacks and malganis dies before he can pop one of his seven escapes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The last time I played HOTS was roughly around the time Genji came out so I've been getting to know the new heroes gradually. I never actually properly tried Kel'Thuzad despite him being a few releases prior to Genji, but having spent a few days on him I think Blizzard's design team really nailed the "raid boss" feel. I remember thinking, prior to KT's release, that there wasn't really design space for him between Kael'thas and Jaina, but Blizzard went a pretty different direction and just loaded him up full with "Don't stand in the loving fire, otherwise holy poo poo" spells and it somehow works really really well.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I liked KT more before they gave him the ice spike baseline because I have enough trouble landing the other poo poo, now I gotta worry about doing the spike and landing the chains on cooldown too?!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
KTZ not having ice block still winds me the gently caress up, though.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why doesn't Jaina have a Kul Tiras "daughter of the sea" skin yet? That's like free money

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Geckoagua posted:

What's your build with him? I seem to just claw into the enemy team then die horribly.

I’ve been loving Greymane.

Normally I go:

Level 1: Viciousness

Level 4: Eyes in the Dark is generally my go to. Helps against Butcher, Nova and Kael’Thalas. Thick Skin is good if you are doing plenty of dives and might be worried about stuns.

Level 7: I tend to pick Wizened Duelist. With Eyes in the Dark you can leap in, murder a squishy and then roll away, keeping those stacks.

If you are front line heavy then the other two are cool. Quicksilver bullets if no one can blind, Incendiary Elixir if they do.

Level 10: Go for the Throat if you are going to chomp away at the backline. Watch out for stuns, roots and blinds. Cursed Bullet if the enemy comp has a lot of chunk.

Level 13: I tend to go for On the Prowl for chasing or Unfettered Assault if I got a decent pocket healer. Take Running Wild if you need heavy rotation.

Level 16: I take Alpha killer if they have a lot of beef. Executioner if my team comp has a lot of stuns or slows. Eager Wolf is better if you are on a map with a lot of PVE (Battlefield of Eternity, Braxis Holdout, etc)

Level 20: I can never get Unleashed to work. More power to you if you can. Gilnean Roulette is great if your opponents like to clump together. Most of the time I go for Hunter’s Blunderbuss or Tooth and Claw.

I pick Hunter if I’m focusing a lot on poke and Tooth and Claw if I’m diving a lot.

I hope this helps!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Level 20: I can never get Unleashed to work. More power to you if you can. Gilnean Roulette is great if your opponents like to clump together. Most of the time I go for Hunter’s Blunderbuss or Tooth and Claw. I

I'm personally not convinced that Unleashed it worth it outside of some weird situation where your opponents have both Murky and TLV or something like that. The situation where you'll get a kill, then use the free one for a second kill, and then have a third target left to use the second free one (and so on) just seems too rare for me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Illidan is still straight busted in QM as there's barely any coordination to work against him. Just gotta ignore for a few minutes your team crying that you aren't joining teamfights with your earth-shattering 80 damage at level 3 as you build stacks and soak XP. Once you get The Hunt then you can just join every single fight, soak up a couple more damage stacks, and then go back to farming waves and camps.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Illidan is still straight busted in QM as there's barely any coordination to work against him. Just gotta ignore for a few minutes your team crying that you aren't joining teamfights with your earth-shattering 80 damage at level 3 as you build stacks and soak XP. Once you get The Hunt then you can just join every single fight, soak up a couple more damage stacks, and then go back to farming waves and camps.

Illidan is one of those heroes where normally you'd adjust comp against him, or at least ensure that the team isn't composed entirely of basic attacks without stuns, but in QM you'll play against teams that are ludicrously vulnerable to him and he can run amok without reprisal. It's a bit like how Butcher and Varian are hyper common in QM but not nearly as potent in SL because the other team will just get blinds.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
I'm jumping back into this (dying) game after a 3-year hiatus. From scanning the thread, QM is a train wreck, but I'll use it to relearn things. Any goon groups that will accept a returnee once I've found my footing?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm back to playing this stupid game every other night

I'm glad they fixed the queues but I'm pretty bummed at the actual state of the game itself

Fort/tower/catapult/exp changes suck

Most of the hero reworks took some unique characters and made them bland as hell

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
More Eurogoons should play with me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Moola posted:

Most of the hero reworks took some unique characters and made them bland as hell

Which characters do you think were flattened out by their reworks?

I've been very pleasantly surprised by every rework I've tried out so far. Turning must-take talents into baseline abilities has, without any exception I can think of, been an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Sylvanas rework was pretty bad. They just had to rework her passive and some of her shittier talents, no need to make her baseline kit so clunky.