Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

Probably pumpkin spice, shes such a basic bitch

lmao it's bound to happen on any show going this long. A funny thing from the director commentary on Spaceballs was that they knew eventually a coffee cup would end up in the background, so they had everyone drinking from styrofoam cups so it wouldn't be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
A better shot of it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

man i hate daenarys so loving much

she's just so goddamn boring

I WILL BE QUEEN IT IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY

I AM MOTHER OF DRAGONS that i got two killed by being a loving idiot

hell i think she even says it to jon she's like 'those people love you and no one here loves me' but it just never even occurs to her that hey she could be queen of essos who love her and jon king of westeros which loves him, and then hooray they can be like a dual-ruler empire or something

I WILL BE QUEEN AND EVERYONE WILL LOVE ME THEN

oh wait no she's just the awkward motherfucker in the back of a party

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Flikken posted:

Reconnaissance seems to be big blind spot for Danerys army

Even air recon is no match for Euron's teleporting fleet.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Too bad no one they know can warg into birds that are common across the entire continent.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I wonder if it occurred to them to fly up behind the ships as, you know, all the anti-dragon guns point forward?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

further thoughts

jaime is off on a suicide mission and was driving brienne away before he dies, i cannot see it any other way even with the showrunners bullshit

the only one who understood flanking at all was robb PBUH

bronn still best character

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

My friend was rewatching and just snapped me - if you look at the scene when Tormund is cheering jon and trying to get him to drink, there’s a paper starbucks looking coffee cup sitting on the table in front of Dany.

https://twitter.com/WilliamPieper/status/1125474374121938944

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

further thoughts

jaime is off on a suicide mission and was driving brienne away before he dies, i cannot see it any other way even with the showrunners bullshit

This was my initial reaction as well, all Kingslayer-revival style, but the producers specifically explained that his reasoning was loyalty and love and realization that he's actually also a bad person and whatnot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i'll believe it when i see it, but christ that's terrible characterisation if that's the case. i mean his entire arc has been redemption, if he suddenly makes a heel-turn on that out of loving nowhere i just dunno what to say

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RIGHT?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They say the following:

"When he hears what Cersei has done, that's the turning point for him. At that point Jamie really has to take a long and uncomfortable look at who he really is. As much as Jamie cares for Brienne and admires and loves her, he almost has an addiction to Cersei that he just can't break. So even if he's given a chance at happiness and some kind of a different life for himself, he can't pick it. He makes the choice to go back to Cersei."

I mean, there's still a chance they'll just renege on that or have that just be the initial motivation for him to go back (which is still pretty dumb imo) before making him have YET ANOTHER come to god moment and realize for YET ANOTHER time that welp, Cersei is actually pretty bad and he is forced to turn Kingslayer again because destiny and redemption or whatever, but Jesus Christ.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Im still hoping Jamie kills Cersei, who is then sliced down the middle by the Mountain, and then we get Clegane bowl with a special guest appearance by Arya

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Arya is going to attempt an assassination on Cersei. The Mountain will kill her. The Hound will then have more motivation to ice his brother.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Arya is going to attempt an assassination on Cersei. The Mountain will kill her. The Hound will then have more motivation to ice his brother.

Zombie Clegane has been shown to be many things but light on his feet he is not. If they write him teleporting to grab Arya from the shadows I'm gonna feel pretty disappointed.

Maybe not the right thread for it but that Chernobyl show is pretty terrifying, particularly if you've done any reading about the incident. Managed to convey how completely hosed most of the people there are.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I've really been digging the trailers for that. Think I'll watch it once GoT is over.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Zombie Clegane has been shown to be many things but light on his feet he is not. If they write him teleporting to grab Arya from the shadows I'm gonna feel pretty disappointed.

Maybe not the right thread for it but that Chernobyl show is pretty terrifying, particularly if you've done any reading about the incident. Managed to convey how completely hosed most of the people there are.

I'm so stoked for watching the first episode tonight.

I never really had a huge historic interest in Chernobyl, outside of remembering that my family wouldn't eat mushrooms or a whole bunch of produce types for like 7 years, but once I started playing Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl, and the whole science-fiction/mystery element behind it, I suddenly gained a shitton of interest in the incident and gobbled up a ton of books and every documentary I could get my hands on.

Was hyped when I watched the trailer, and I'm really curious to see if they manage to capture the creeping dread that surrounded basically every step of the way. I didn't read up on the series itself to keep more to the element of surprise, but I hope they cover the actions and fate of the biorobots/liquidators.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm so stoked for watching the first episode tonight.

I never really had a huge historic interest in Chernobyl, outside of remembering that my family wouldn't eat mushrooms or a whole bunch of produce types for like 7 years, but once I started playing Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl, and the whole science-fiction/mystery element behind it, I suddenly gained a shitton of interest in the incident and gobbled up a ton of books and every documentary I could get my hands on.

Was hyped when I watched the trailer, and I'm really curious to see if they manage to capture the creeping dread that surrounded basically every step of the way. I didn't read up on the series itself to keep more to the element of surprise, but I hope they cover the actions and fate of the biorobots/liquidators.

The atmosphere reminds me quite a bit of "The Terror" so yeah I think they nailed the creeping sense of dread and doom that responding to a meltdown of that magnitude would likely cause.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The atmosphere reminds me quite a bit of "The Terror" so yeah I think they nailed the creeping sense of dread and doom that responding to a meltdown of that magnitude would likely cause.

I'm about half an hour in, and hell yeah, they nailed it. This constant droning of a horn in this menacing way.

And the first shot of the outside of the building fully ablaze...

I'm hooked.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh poo poo, it's Maester Aemon. :lol:

Guess talking about the show in this thread is cool now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

https://gfycat.com/nastymarriedamericanbobtail

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sarah posted:

My prediction:

Jamie is going to die heroically saving somebody’s rear end (probably Sansa). Arya is going to take his face, get close to and kill Cersei, then take the throne. (I’m not like a huge GoT nerd so I don’t know the conditions of taking someone’s face. Do you have to actually be the one to kill them or can they just be dead by some other means?) This will cause turmoil between Dany and Jon. Final showdown will be Dany and Arya.

This is way better than whatever the real ending is.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the gently caress everyone doing in Essos anyway none of the white walker poo poo effects them right what do they care

It’s like the North and South American continents for Westeros, maybe with a small body of water between North/South...and then Europe all the way across the Atlantic right

It's basically England and the Iberian Peninsula.

Dead Reckoning posted:

What exactly did Qyburn say that wasn't true? I don't want to restart medieval tactics chat, but equal numbers doesn't seem that great when one side has a position they've clearly been fortifying for a while, giant ballistae, fresh troops, and control of the sea.

If a city isn't well supplied (which it sounds like King's Landing isn't) siege is very effective. Fortify all you want, when tens of thousands of people inside get hungry, you have a whole new army to fight on YOUR side of the wall.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mountain/Hound gently caress-and-suckfest is the only proper ending at this point

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yo sup my name is Dany and I can’t quite figure out whether the one thing that I have that no one else does that reigns fire and death on everything is better used as a strategic weapon to be selectively employed as so to maximize its survivability and effectiveness against the enemy or as a reconnaissance asset that I myself will personally use. On a completely unrelated note, I have no idea why I’ve lost 2/3 of these assets in recent weeks.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Mountain/Hound gently caress-and-suckfest is the only proper ending at this point

100% this.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yo sup my name is Dany and I can’t quite figure out whether the one thing that I have that no one else does that reigns fire and death on everything is better used as a strategic weapon to be selectively employed as so to maximize its survivability and effectiveness against the enemy or as a reconnaissance asset that I myself will personally use. On a completely unrelated note, I have no idea why I’ve lost 2/3 of these assets in recent weeks.

100% this.

I don't think she anticipated that they'd develop precision Sea to Air defense systems that can take out dragons all of a sudden

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, first shot hit from a ballistic weapon against a fleeting, crossing target at higher altitude is pretty loving impressive bad writing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah, first shot hit from a ballistic weapon against a fleeting, crossing target at higher altitude is pretty loving impressive bad writing.

From a moving platform that's rolling and pitching, no less.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
we all know dragons have fire so it would make sense that the arrows are heat seeking

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Euron is that one general from those war games

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Just got caught up.

JON YOU STUPID gently caress YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE ARSED TO PET YOUR WOLF GOODBYE

I HOPE YOU AND YOUR INBRED AUNT STAB EACH OTHER TO DEATH, YOU DESERVE IT

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

Just got caught up.

JON YOU STUPID gently caress YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE ARSED TO PET YOUR WOLF GOODBYE

I HOPE YOU AND YOUR INBRED AUNT STAB EACH OTHER TO DEATH, YOU DESERVE IT

Honestly, I was high and paying more attention to dogs and side conversations than the show and I completely missed that this happened. loving Jesus Christ

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It feels like I'm watching video game cutscenes at this point. But not good cutscenes. Like, Mass Effect 3 cutscenes.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hey remember the fact that the Starks are bonded to their direwolves?

Remember when the show had way better writing, and a Stark losing their direwolve meant bad things for that Stark? Like, Sansa lost Lady, and was later Joffrey's prisoner for 2 and a half seasons. Nymeria left Arya (because Arya shooed her away after Nymeria attacked Joffrey, and Arya knew her pup would be killed if she stayed), and she was later caught by the Mountain and held prisoner at Harrenhal. Rob was separated from Grey Wind (he was locked in the kennel), and both died separately. Summer died defending Bran in the Three Eyed Raven's cave, and things didnt go so well for Bran after that until he got to Winterfell. Shaggy Dog was killed by the Bolton men, and Rickon was killed shortly after.

If they're continuing with the theme, Jon's gonna die. If they're not, then holy loving poo poo what a dumb loving move.

Respect Ghost: How ‘Game of Thrones’ Botched Jon’s Relationship With His Direwolf

quote:

Ghost has been with Jon through thick and thin—from warning Jon that a reanimated member of the Night’s Watch was trying to murder Lord Commander Mormont in the first season, all the way to fighting against the army of the dead last week. (A fight, it seems, which tore the poor fella’s right ear off.) I can understand why Jon would want to leave Ghost in the North, and I appreciate that it should ensure his canine companion’s safety moving forward. But the bizarre indifference to leaving Ghost—for possibly the last time, depending on what happens in the South—was an inexcusable narrative choice. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have messed up the import of the Jon-Ghost dynamic (among many other things).

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 8, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
log off

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Put me on ignore if my posting pisses you off. Alternatively, accept that some people are going to have different opinions on pop culture. HOLY poo poo WHAT A CONCEPT

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
calm down

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Keep it civil

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The only way this story can end is the worst possible way for every character people are attached to. I guarantee that Daenerys is going to lose her marbles sooner rather than later, seeing as how all of her longest, most trusted advisors are dropping like flies, along with her dragons. I'm thinking she's going to go "if I can't have the iron throne nobody can" and gently caress everyone up before getting stabbed in the back by Tyrion.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

yeah ghost and Jon breaking up sucked but now he’s with Tormund and Tormund fuckin owns bones

Also, Jon can’t have a dragon and a wolf. That’d be selfish

(I think he’s gonna end up with big dragon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It would've made sense if he bonded with Rhaegal, but lol let's kill him off for reasons