Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I mean....when you upgrade to a riding a dragon

also you get to fly on one sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I thought the wolfs were going to play a bigger role in the show when they were first introduced.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

The Dennis System posted:

I thought the wolfs were going to play a bigger role in the show when they were first introduced.

same but when I read the first book 20 years ago

lol it’s like the second chapter or some poo poo and you really think it’s gonna matter but nope

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Dennis System posted:

That sounds like the possibilities of themes to me :toughguy:

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
How much wolf money went to remaking the opening sequence

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Damo posted:

lol it’s even worse cause ghost got all hosed up in the fight, lost an ear, wounded, and we don’t even get one second of Jon or anyone being concerned for him let alone actually interacting with or caring for him

Sansa tried arguing for letting all the surviving combatants rest and recover.

Dany shot her down.

Sorry Ghost! Hope you don't die from exhaustion on that trip North!

Sunsetaware
Jun 2, 2012

I just got to see this episode last night, and I'm still amazed at the ending. So you hatch the flawless plan of capturing a hostage for the purpose of executing them to start a war, and you pick... Missandei.
I like to think the grunt who was charged with the kidnapping didn't do his homework on who all these people were and nabbed the first person he saw, "eh it'll be alright, they're all gonna be important nobles."
And then it works, because Cersei's plans always work.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL could you imagine 4 extra seasons of amazing dialog like Tyrion saying "lol Varys you have no dick" or Dany being pouty and insane because no one is a fan of her "I'll kill you if you don't lick my rear end" bullshit?

We would have gotten fat belwas and Quentin the dornish dork prince who gets roasted

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Missandei has done nothing in five seasons on a show where lots of people do nothing. She's done more nothing than anyone else.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Arcsquad12 posted:

Missandei has done nothing in five seasons on a show where lots of people do nothing. She's done more nothing than anyone else.

actually she soley existed for the past like 5 seasons to make grey worm remotely relevant and to be someone dany ostensibly cares about a lot so then misandry can get murdered by sirsee and then trigger dany down the path of becoming crazy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Damo posted:

actually she soley existed for the past like 5 seasons to make grey worm remotely relevant and to be someone dany ostensibly cares about a lot so then misandry can get murdered by sirsee and then trigger dany down the path of becoming crazy

yeah, she was only there to be 'fridged. more lazy writing from these jokers.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Glenn Quebec posted:

We would have gotten fat belwas and Quentin the dornish dork prince who gets roasted

If they had decided to Walking Dead'd it instead of rushing to an ending, we would have seen more Sand Sneks and Ser Twenty Goodmen instead.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

uber_stoat posted:

yeah, she was only there to be 'fridged. more lazy writing from these jokers.

she was there to be daenerys's personal assistant, but dany refuses to delegate any task or decision, so everyone around her just stands there nervously/uselessly

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Glenn Quebec posted:

*but it comes with a free frozen yoghurt!*

*the frozen yoghurt is also cursed*

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why is Tormund going back north

my stream cut out a few times so I must have missed that. What is even left up north

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I suppose the north is probably quite nice now tbh but it makes no sense bc he’s already hosed around up there

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zippy the Bummer posted:

my stream cut out a few times so I must have missed that. What is even left up north

Giant pussy.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Zippy the Bummer posted:

theres no thrones hes tired of these games of thrones so hes going where theres no thrones

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The long and horrifying winter that isnt remotely inconvenient and so much so people just want to go more North to get more Winter

Winter! That was a thing?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Also to be fair tormunds daughter just got squeezed to death, probably by one of his other sons corpses, I’d gently caress off too

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Winter is coming

Note* winter died on the way to its home planet country

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I'll tell you what isn't up north: Night's Watch ranger parties coming to murder you and also the undead and taxes

Tormond is a freeman on the land :v:

But seriously he said he wants to go north because it's home also he doesn't give a gently caress about the current fight. So he's basically the smartest person on the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 8, 2019

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Sansa should have given Bear Island to Tormund.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Tormund will swoop in at the end as Brienne's rebound after Jaime murder/suicides Cersei

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Tormund will be revealed as the last-last-true targaryen, from a bloodline that fled north of the wall.
He will be King and Ghost his queen.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The show got fatal bad writing when it turned Cersei into a genius political figure as opposed to a petty idiot. A Feast for Crows is my favorite book of the series cause it's great how you can see Cersei's world collapsing around her from her own POV chapters while she's Queen Regent and getting dunked on by the Tyrells and Pope Bernie Sanders. But in the show made her a competent villain and it loving blows. It's much, much more interesting to see her ignore the threats posed by the church until it's too late, or how she thinks the Tyrells are under her control.

Also what they did to my boy Littlefinger, turning him from an actual genius political figure into a mustache twirling idiot who dumb enough to get caught by bumbleheaded Starks. Robyn should be dead!That was sorta the point of his whole Vale scheme! You can really notice in the show when the books drop off cause every single plotline just crashes into the wall and everyone goes "whelp time to get up to Winterfell I guess for the *big battle*"

DnD clearly do not understand the point of the whole series if they choose Cersei/Mad Queen to be the final battle anyway, because the loving point is that people always have these stupid political games, and it doesn't matter who wins the current war now because in another few years there will be some other power struggle and it just goes on and on. That's why GRR bothered to come up with this elaborate backstory, to show how it just never loving ends with the politics. It's impossible to loving care who gets the Iron Throne at the point because with climate change defeated it just does not matter in the big picture.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I really really want to like this season but gently caress me its bad.

I keep going over this. ep 2 hyped me so much for ep 3 but loving god how do you do nothing but death fakeouts and not use bran in any way whatsoever in the battle against the ultimate evil and then immediately never speak about the necromancer that has haunted man for hundreds of generations again while you pretend that your entitled girlfriend's desire for more war matters at all.

the cinematography and soundtrack were all excellent but it was supporting nothing.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
All of this with the clear indications from the cast that they think its stupid too.

how in god's name did this take an extra year to produce relative to any other season

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ralph Crammed In posted:

and it doesn't matter who wins the current war

Somone was arguing with me that this is EXACTLY what the show is about and explicitly why they changed the name to Game of Thrones over Ice and Fire because the Night King and everything else was just stuff that will happen before the final game... of thrones!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If they weren't ever going to do anything with Ghost, they could have just showed his dead body at the start of season 6. Boom, cheap on CGI, loads more pathos for Jon murdering everyone who betrayed him and they'd not have to write every subsequent scene to have everyone carefully avoiding him because the entire CGI budget needs to be spent on the big lizards.

Randarkman posted:

There's like 0 chance those guys didn't take everything that wasn't nailed down and skip town the minute she left.

Dany is the worst. That's kind of the point, but both the writing and Emilia Clarke are terrible (though after seeing her react to that interviewer's question I can forgive her for being a bad actress)

I think Emilia Clarke's bad acting really suits the character of Daenerys. I like how she mostly just gets pouty when crossed and acts with all the emotion of someone who thinks everything is just a game.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Which dragon represented climate change? Was it the one that humanity dubiously no-scoped from out of nowhere and dunked into the water? Because that's totally fake and would never happen in real life, just like global warming :smaug:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It just occurred to me that they can't let Grey Worm avenge his lover bc all the named characters left on the other side are already earmarked to get murked by more important good guys than he is. So one of these coming eps he's gonna get redshirted, a hapless chump notable only for his mediocre-by-named-character-standards stabbing skills to the end. RIP.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The dragons represent renewable energy; flighty, temperamental and easy for drunk hicks to tear down

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

aphid_licker posted:

It just occurred to me that they can't let Grey Worm avenge his lover bc all the named characters left on the other side are already earmarked to get murked by more important good guys than he is. So one of these coming eps he's gonna get redshirted, a hapless chump notable only for his mediocre-by-named-character-standards stabbing skills to the end. RIP.

One of the other arguments I had was about agency and characters doing... stuff.

Their argument for Arya killing the Night King was that in a real war things are wild and crazy and unpredictable (conveniently ignoring the fact that her going for the backstab was an inherently setup thing by being spurred on by her best buddies, but I digress) and you know what? I'd agree... if it's done well and that's the kind of tone that suits the film.

You saying Greyworm being a random redshirt is what I said about the film Children of Men. There's one of the Fish in that film with the dreadlocks who is as close to a personal antagonist as you can. He's always there hounding Clive Warren and I'm sure he's the one who 360 no-scopes Julianne Moore in the car and executes Michael Cain. So, in a normal narrative you'd expect some kind of climactic showdown. Clive Warren fights him atop a crane with the baby hanging precariously by a single strap of a Kwik-Save bag or something. But no... Children of Men isn't that type of film and during one of the escape scenes during the war at the end we just see this dude loving die randomly. he isn't even in focus if I remember, but he's real distinctive looking so you know it's him. It lends credence to the fact that this is a crazy, horrifying scenario and Clive and co are just about lucking through the whole thing.

Compare that to Game of Thrones. Where you have huge sacrificial gestures from Jorah and eye-patch jesus. You wouldn't just have them or grey Worm or Brienne just get shivved in the back out of focus only to be found amidst the hundred of corpses on the next episode.

That would NEVER happen... but really, it should have (for secondary/tertiary characters). Game of Thrones, long ago, had dangerous air about it. Characters died with little to no warning and their stories would never get resolved. Threads were being woven and then snipped and...

Why am I putting more thought into this than the show runners again?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They cut off his dong to make him a supersoldier but like the only warrior type characters left on the show he could probably beat in a fight are, uhhh, kinda drawing a blank here, someone help me out. Not the teenage girl, not the twenty years older alcoholic sellsword, not the guy missing his dominant hand... He got turboshafted on the entire spectrum that it is possible to get shafted on. Poor dude.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why is jaimie going back to cersei??? if he had made it clear he was only joining the 'good guys' to fight the zombie apocalypse it would be okay but he seemed to have come to terms with the fact cersei had to die, and that he had become a better person.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They could have had some kind of build up, maybe show him wrangling with his feelings and trying to let Cersei go and have that be the reason he climbs the mountain of Tarth, but if they did that, it wouldn't be a surprise twist, which is the only thing people ever liked about the show.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Has there been any response from actors or crew to years of work being poo poo on?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

hemale in pain posted:

why is jaimie going back to cersei??? if he had made it clear he was only joining the 'good guys' to fight the zombie apocalypse it would be okay but he seemed to have come to terms with the fact cersei had to die, and that he had become a better person.

because its been deemed necessary that every character's story arc has to be thrown away at the last moment

see also: sam, beric, littlefinger

the hound is like the last remaining character with meaningful development that hasn't been completely trashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
like for fucks sake have tyrion and sansa commit suicide in ep3.

if dany wants to do stupid poo poo and get punished for it have a somber moment afterwards to have the characters reflect on how much they depended on tyrion's guidance. maybe have some consequences for the main characters dying in a bad situation. not just immediately be written out forever.

maybe have tyrion's death be a motivation of jaime to return back to kings landing blaming cersei for her betrayal and thats why tyrion is dead. rather than literally no reason at all

gently caress