Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PurpleXVI posted:

The guy has HIV, HIV is a communicable illness, there are countermeasures to reduce the changes of transmission transmission(drugs, condoms, etc.), this is still a gamble on those countermeasures reducing the odds of transmission by 100%.

It's a gamble that loving on the bed that night isn't going to result in anyone getting squashed by a falling airplane. A person with an undetectable viral load cannot pass on HIV through sexual intercourse. Don't tell me that it's not about prejudice when you think an HIV infected person is too risky to have sex with, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry if it's obvious to everyone, but what is this guy's objection to Public Transport?

i don't let the government tell me where to go, which is why i drive an all terrain vehicle directly at my destination and never use pansy rear end "public roads" paid for with "taxpayer dollars"

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Laopooh posted:

Yup, makes sense. Capital class focuses our attention downward toward the lazy poors and their entitlements while bloated tick billionaires leech our blood to grow their hoards. Corporations focus our attention toward our failure to recycle a tin can or two while they ceaselessly spew ichor into the environment. It's all the same game, and :capitalism:

Yeah, companies figured out a couple decades ago all they have to do is put out some recycling PSAs or ban plastic straws to make it seem like they give a poo poo about green initiatives. People who only kind of care will feel satisfied and like they did something, and so they'll stop fighting for real change. And nothing will really happen because not using plastic straws/bags/whatever on an individual level may be good, but will have no effect on climate change.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I doubt it's that cogent, it's probably not any deeper than libs like public transport thus I hate it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

jobson groeth posted:

They're missing one

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

zoux posted:

I doubt it's that cogent, it's probably not any deeper than libs like public transport thus I hate it.

Also, have you seen the sort of people who ride buses?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jobson groeth posted:

They're missing one

I swear to gently caress if someone actually made this I will have words.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jobson groeth posted:

They're missing one

It's painful to look at, and also maybe peak liberalism? More trans police officers!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

there wolf posted:

It's a gamble that loving on the bed that night isn't going to result in anyone getting squashed by a falling airplane. A person with an undetectable viral load cannot pass on HIV through sexual intercourse. Don't tell me that it's not about prejudice when you think an HIV infected person is too risky to have sex with, period.

They were weirded out by the fact the man said this thing (which I guess isn't possible IDK I am no doctor) was causing him to be extremely aroused. As in they were specifically excited sexually by the idea of his wife and child being infected. Even if this is impossible, he seems to think it is and is excited by the prospect.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

there wolf posted:

The guy gets off on the thought of his baby almost getting HIV.

You are defending this.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The whole situation sounds like something that an anti-abortion fanatic invented to trick people into arguing about the rights of the unborn.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fsmhunk posted:

They were weirded out by the fact the man said this thing (which I guess isn't possible IDK I am no doctor) was causing him to be extremely aroused. As in they were specifically excited sexually by the idea of his wife and child being infected. Even if this is impossible, he seems to think it is and is excited by the prospect.

Weirded out by the weird thing also claiming that sex with a person infected with HIV is always suuuper risky so why ever take the chance think of the children! I know it's really hard to parse that someone could agree with the first part while objecting to the second, but that's what's going on here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What about the clap, can I not have sex with someone who has the clap

Also I don’t know where the viral load poo poo came from, the dude was salivating at the prospect of a pozzed baby so he at least thought the dude was capable

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Are firefighters pigs?

I mean not the unpaid prisoner labor, the ones that make chili or something

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

What about the clap, can I not have sex with someone who has the clap

Also I don’t know where the viral load poo poo came from, the dude was salivating at the prospect of a pozzed baby so he at least thought the dude was capable

A lot of people think someone is capable of transmitting HIV when they aren't. That's my entire argument. Why would a cuckold fetishist with a vested interest in feeding his fantasy of total humiliation care or accurately represent the real risk to his wife and child? It's a weird and lovely fetish, but that doesn't mean it's inherently dangerous which multiple posters implied it was.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Carados posted:

Are firefighters pigs?

I mean not the unpaid prisoner labor, the ones that make chili or something

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them consider themselves fire-cops or whatever. Also, there seems to be a lot of Christian propaganda movies with a firefighter main character, so it may be a low-tier version of the air force in some places.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yeah, companies figured out a couple decades ago all they have to do is put out some recycling PSAs or ban plastic straws to make it seem like they give a poo poo about green initiatives. People who only kind of care will feel satisfied and like they did something, and so they'll stop fighting for real change. And nothing will really happen because not using plastic straws/bags/whatever on an individual level may be good, but will have no effect on climate change.

I remember when I was a kid it was all about the three R's "Reduce, Re-use, Recycle." They quietly got rid of the first two because they lead to people buying less poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1125859355587379202?s=19

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I can't believe a "PrEP the Bull" joke went over so many heads at once. Poz my neg karma.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm amazed at the number of politicians and online personalities who try to create fake arguments that they can win, or garner fake support for themselves by literally going and creating fake accounts in their own time, but then fail to use them properly or even make an attempt to hide the pretense.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 09:43 on May 8, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Yeah, this one's fun. He can't stand by the original because dead man, but he can't order it changed without openly giving a gently caress about the feelings of people he's offended.

Also there wolf you should really double check the thing you're defending lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

darkwasthenight posted:

I can't believe a "PrEP the Bull" joke went over so many heads at once. Poz my neg karma.

Ok I’ve never heard a funny hiv joke but that’s p drat close

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Somfin posted:

Yeah, this one's fun. He can't stand by the original because dead man, but he can't order it changed without openly giving a gently caress about the feelings of people he's offended.

If he changes it, good on him, maybe it'll make him realize it's not so bad to care about the feelings of other people. Unless it's a straight up grift, in which case changing it is a cynical ploy to be offensive, but not so offensive it hurts his bottom line. Not really familiar with the guy. Know I've seen him on comedy central way back when, but can't say I remember anything about him

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
He's one of those "edgy, gently caress your feelings and thoughts, I'm offensive for the sake of being offensive and what's that, you're upset, you little snowflake" comedians. It'd be no great loss if he just went away forever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Leavemywife posted:

He's one of those "edgy, gently caress your feelings and thoughts, I'm offensive for the sake of being offensive and what's that, you're upset, you little snowflake" comedians. It'd be no great loss if he just went away forever.

That’s also why he can’t change it, doing so reveals his whole persona is hollow

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1126110920952954880

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s also why he can’t change it, doing so reveals his whole persona is hollow

He literally said he'd change it. :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

there wolf posted:

A lot of people think someone is capable of transmitting HIV when they aren't. That's my entire argument. Why would a cuckold fetishist with a vested interest in feeding his fantasy of total humiliation care or accurately represent the real risk to his wife and child? It's a weird and lovely fetish, but that doesn't mean it's inherently dangerous which multiple posters implied it was.

You're spending a suspicious amount of effort defending a guy who's sexually aroused by the thought of just barely not giving an unborn baby HIV.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
someone please spend a dozen posts describing the safest way to eat your sexual partner's feces

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He literally said he'd change it. :shrug:

Not change it like "stop dunking on the disadvantaged", more like "find some other photo of a protestor on Shutterstock"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah there’s almost a 0% chance he will have taken the time to contemplate the meaning of his actions and actually learn from it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:rolleyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

You're spending a suspicious amount of effort defending a guy who's sexually aroused by the thought of just barely not giving an unborn baby HIV.

They're probably just annoyed at treating HIV positive people like untouchable pariahs that must be sequestered away from everyone else.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

They're probably just annoyed at treating HIV positive people like untouchable pariahs that must be sequestered away from everyone else.

as long as it comes down to "don't demonize people with HIV" vs "don't involve children in your sexual kinks" gonna have to side with the latter so long as we're putting words in people's mouths to argue over who is the Worst Person in a terrible derail based on Miscommunication

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

To be fair we had what like 35+ years of them saying that HIV was this big scary monster.

Most of these studies about viral load have only been released in the past few years and it’s very
Highly likely that most people have no idea that is the case.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Excuse me cuck fetish man, unless you know your bull's viral load it is problematic to comment on the probability that he will infect your unborn child with HIV." <------- not the loving point

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1126129613883813888

I'm not going to post everything from this thread but literally every tweet is solid loving gold

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If you want to make fun of absurd activists, there's a movement of people so angry about girl cooties in their video games and black people incomic book movies that they're driven to make common cause with Neo-Nazis.

And while you might run into the Trump problem of being nigh-impossible to parody, that's not the reason why they don't try.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:09 on May 8, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/1125869056467324928?s=19

Yes?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

:discourse:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Good thing the people in this thread haven't been doing that and have been entirely disgusted with the thought of getting off on risking giving it to an unborn baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
What's next? Are deaf people going to get their own language just because they can't hear??