Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Hmm, I wonder what's real, the leak that's gotten everything right so far but no one likes, or the unverified leak that talks obsessively about soundtrack choices and has fan favorite characters returning out of nowhere and wielding dope swords from the lore that only fans care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Given Emilia Clarke’s reaction to what the likely ending is based on current spoilers, I would love to see the interview if we got the poop ending instead

Production
Jun 11, 2001

bobjr posted:

Drogon taking Dany’s body away and just leaving is funny because the alternative is Drogon just losing control and you have a rampaging dragon with no master flying around Westeros now

If we're getting a "high" magic ending with the Night's Watch reforming in expectation of the White Walkers returning, I see an epilogue of her being cremated by Drogon somewhere in Valyria, causing a significant number of dragon eggs to hatch. This has the exact same problem of inevitable rampaging dragons, but I think it's probably the only way to salvage any kind of "bittersweet" ending for Dany's story.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man remember how good the show used to be, Robert and Cersei's conversation, Cersei trying to commiserate with Catelyn, Jaime and Cleos talking before Jaime turned his head to mulch. Such a good show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Star Guarded posted:

Hmm, I wonder what's real, the leak that's gotten everything right so far but no one likes, or the unverified leak that talks obsessively about soundtrack choices and has fan favorite characters returning out of nowhere and wielding dope swords from the lore that only fans care about.

Where can I read those spoilers they sound more fun

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

PostNouveau posted:

Where can I read those spoilers they sound more fun

Should all be on the freefolk subreddit, I think.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Krabboss posted:

Should all be on the freefolk subreddit, I think.

FreeFolk is basically r/gameofthrones these days. Use FreeFolkNews instead, it has all the good spoilers and none of the whiny bullshit.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
in a readable format the "Spanish leak" was this:

quote:

Part I

-The episode begins with Daenerys in Dragonstone.
-She is very sad about what happened in the previous episode.
-Her hair is messy because Missandei died and she feels defeated.
-Tyrion and Varys are still arguing; Varys wants to betray her now so that she does not burn the king's landing.
-Tyrion tells him he will not do it. We see Tyrion and Gray Worm tell him that Gendry has arrived. The scene is cut. [DRAGON ARMOR BITCHES.]

Part II

-Then we see Jon with the Dothraki, Unsullied and the rest of the army.
-They talk about what they are going to die and those silly things.
-Tyrion tells him that Daenerys will lose the dragon and her mind.
-Jon defends her saying "She is my queen and she trusted her" and he gives Tyrion to look like the one he gave to Sansa in episode 4.
-We see Cersei talking to Euron and telling him that he has to win for his son, Euron asks him how Tyrion knows about his baby. Cersei tells him that it will not matter after they win the great war.

Part III

-Cut to Arya and The Hound arriving at the King's Landing.
-Cut Jon again, he has asked Gray Worm and Tyrion where Daenerys is and Tyrion is telling her he's already here.
-Gold Company members come out and have a hostage [some other random leak describe this as someone in black hoods, OP does not know who it is, but most guess it's Daario].
-Euron is on the boats and sees the Yara boats. Then he hears Drogon's scream [the one in the trailer]. Daenerys is using Aegon's strategy when he invaded Harrenhal. We see her attacking from the top. She and Drogon scream at the same time. We see that both are wearing armor (she uses Dracarys Euron ships, the fleet is combination of Yara's and dany) .
-Has the music like "Shall We Begin?" but much more intense.
-Euron and his men shoot Drogon and Daenerys but Daenerys dodges them like a pro.
-This moment Euron knows they are "hosed up." men jump from their boats.
-Jon and Grey Worm the Golden Company march inside again. Grey Worm says they have to wait.

Part IV

-Suddenly Drogon and Daenerys burn the Scorpions and the gate so that their armies can enter.
-We see Jon smiling at Daenerys because he knew that she was not going mad like what they tell him (the song called Truth plays).
-Well then we see the armies complete each other (all fighting together and effectively).
-Cersei did something along with Tyrion's help [OP doesn't know what it is, but they think it has something to do with framing Daenerys up. My guess is that Cersei triggers explosions using the wildfire. From the set leaks, we can see the gate being destroyed with linear trails-Drogon- and the interior of the keep in shattered explosions, this might check out.]
-The final scene is Daenerys and Jon face to face.

New info:

-Daenerys seems to have a sword with a red stone in the middle [Lightbringer? Something from Kinvara? Holyshit.]
-Jaimie Lannister arrives at the end of the episode to see the destruction and believes it was caused by Daenerys.
-Jon and Dany's scene in the end is quite long.
-They hug each other first (it's a long, emotional hug.) You can tell they missed each other because both of them have watery eyes and it seems Jon's never going to let Daenerys go, and OP thinks they overcame that they're related.
-Jon tells her that he regrets not coming along with her when she sailed first in Dragonstone.
-Then he tells her about what Tyrion told him, [that he thinks she's going mad].
-The scene ends with them face to face, both look appalled [perhaps towards Tyrion].

More info:

-The fight is very brutal. Greyworm is fighting like a beast, he is untouchable. Jon is fighting like when he fought against Ramsay.
-The scorpions on the back walls shoot Daenerys and Drogon.
-Lannister armies thought they him from above and it look like she looked like she fell off from Drogon (Dany looks worried and runs to the back wall to evade) but he does as in "Spoils of War", Drogon flies in front of them and torches them with Dracarys. The Hound and The Mountain meet and we're prepped for the Cleganebowl.

Songs: Truth, Shall We Begin, Rains of Castamere (when Jaime arrives), the song of the Greyjoy's, Spoils of War with the Dothraki. Super intense version of Truth when Jon and Daenerys are in the final scene

The fan fiction writing style, weirdly specific details about music, not lining up with leaks from previously reliable people, and the fact it's from somebody who'd never posted before all point to this being flaming bullshit though!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zohar posted:

quote:

Jon is fighting like when he fought against Ramsay.

Sitting on top of a person already down and pummelling him in the face repeatedly? Because that's how he fought Ramsay

E: And yeah, there's literally not a snowballs chance in hell those are anything but fanfiction. The show doesn't give a flying gently caress about Lightbringer. And why would the evil mad queen have lightbringer? And why would lightbringer be used in kings landing against a living enemy? This poo poo makes Dave Hill look like an oscar winner.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

TheRat posted:

FreeFolk is basically r/gameofthrones these days. Use FreeFolkNews instead, it has all the good spoilers and none of the whiny bullshit.

Good to know. I hadn't checked the sub in a long while, but it is noticeably lovely these days.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Creepy Goat posted:

Yeah poo poo, I mean this

is literally a completely straight-faced "'and then Drogon returned to his home planet". If working in product has taught me anything it's that they failed to manage budget and time effectively and were like:

"Ah gently caress what do we do with the dragon we can't just cut it and we already sent the 20 good men and ballista guys home"

"Well we've got 25 seconds of stock flying animation, we could make him fly off looking sad and spin it like he returned to the dragon homeland where he belongs or some poo poo?"

"nicee, knock it up by noon"

leaves open the spinoff where drogon pops over to volantis for a red priest to revive Dany who comes back 10 years later with a an even bigger dragon and allllll the vendettas.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zohar posted:

The fan fiction writing style, weirdly specific details about music, not lining up with leaks from previously reliable people, and the fact it's from somebody who'd never posted before all point to this being flaming bullshit though!

I think they're trying to recapture the feel of that first leak from the Spanish translator where the guy was really into the looks on people's faces and random details.

But that wasn't bullet-pointed, it was just a big pile of gibbering.

This fanfiction sounds better than the reliable leaks though, so I'm gonna pretend that's real until the show disappoints me on Sunday.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
What's this about GRRM getting poo poo in he own dick

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

COOL CORN posted:

What's this about GRRM getting poo poo in he own dick

Yeah back in Christmas 2010 he got sepsis from an e-coli infection in his dick. Not a typical place for it to be.

https://grrm.livejournal.com/191485.html

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Zohar posted:

quote:

-We see Cersei talking to Euron and telling him that he has to win for his son, Euron asks him how Tyrion knows about his baby. Cersei tells him that it will not matter after they win the great war.

This is how I know this leak is fake, the writers wouldn't address a point like that from the last episode

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

We see Cersei talking to Euron and telling him that he has to win for his son, Euron asks him how Tyrion knows about his baby. Cersei tells him that it will not matter after they win the great war.

This is the most obvious bullshit tell because of instead of this dumb way of handling things, the show does not give a poo poo and won’t even acknowledge it. Just like her drinking while pregnant or the iron bank secretly happy she pays off the debt so they can change sides. No nothing is being set up. Nobody gives a poo poo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

kater posted:

Just like her drinking while pregnant

Was drinking while pregnant frowned upon in medieval times?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

CalvinandHobbes posted:

leaves open the spinoff where drogon pops over to volantis for a red priest to revive Dany who comes back 10 years later with a an even bigger dragon and allllll the vendettas.

You think the ep is over and it fades to black, but then cuts to Drogon crying over Daenerys’ body as a red cloaked figure approaches, - he looks up and she removes her hood and it’s Kinvara, she smiles and the credits role.

Millions of regular viewers cheer for Dany’s undeserved return before grabbing their phones to google ‘who is red hood woman game of thrones’.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Was drinking while pregnant frowned upon in medieval times?

Was it frowned upon before 1960?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
who the gently caress is kinvara

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Red priestess who freaked the gently caress out of Varys in Mereen by talking about what he heard in the fire.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Exactly, that is why it is the ultimate twist.

“Why the gently caress would Arya be the one to kill the Night King”.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheRat posted:

Red priestess who freaked the gently caress out of Varys in Mereen by talking about what he heard in the fire.

oh right

im sure shes busy hanging out with the daarios and quaithe

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

Exactly, that is why it is the ultimate twist.

“Why the gently caress would Arya be the one to kill the Night King”.

"because she's spent the entire show training to be an assassin and she was there at the right time" is a perfectly logical reason.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheRat posted:

"because she's spent the entire show training to be an assassin and she was there at the right time" is a perfectly logical reason.

I mean, Dany spent the whole show raising her dragons to be a dragon rider and was also there at the right time. They just decided the NK was immune to dragon fire but otherwise had the same weakness to e.g. valyrian steel paper cuts

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Here's the grrm shitdick story

quote:

Nightmare Before Christmas

Hello again.

Sorry for the long silence. It was not by choice.

I've just lived through the Christmas from hell. Most of it was spent in a bed in St. Vincent's Hospital in Santa Fe. Parris took me in to the hospital emergency room on the morning of Christmas Eve, and they admitted me almost immediately after diagnosis. It seems I had a raging e-coli infection of my urinary tract. Urosepsis, they called it. So I spent Xmas and the days after in a hospital bed, hooked up to catheters and IV tubes, getting some heavy duty doses of antibiotics and some of the other wondrous products of modern medicine.

The good news: the antibiotics worked, and knocked out the infection. I was released a few hours before the end of 2010, and have been recuperating at home ever since. I'm still taking oral antibiotics and various other pills, and will be for a while, but the worst is past... and boy, am I glad to be be out of the hospital.

I was weak as a kitten when first released, and I still tire easily... but I'm stronger every day. Strong enough so that, yes, I still intend to make the trip to LA for the TCA. And yes, I will still be doing the signing at Vroman's... though it remains to be seen how taxing that will be for me. If you're attending, I would ask you to go easy on me and only bring a book or two for signing, and not everything I have ever written. I have to watch my strength.

The bad news: well, obviously, there's nothing like a week in a hospital bed to kick a hole in your plans and good intentions. I did hope to have some exciting announcements to make at TCA, but that won't be happening now. But hey, all the great stuff HBO will be rolling out about the GAME OF THRONES series should provide excitement enough.

I don't want to trivilize what I've just gone through. I'm a generally healthy guy, and this was the most serious bout of illness I have suffered in decades, and the first time I have seen the inside of a hospital (emergency room visits aside) since 1973. But I am on the mend now, and I expect to be back to my old self by the end of the month at the latest, and back to work well before that.

Until then, though, I probably won't be posting much here.

Thanks to all of you -- friends, fans, readers -- for your understanding and good wishes.

"I'm a generally healthy guy" lol okay George.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 8, 2019

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Most cases of UTI are due to E. coli. It's all over the place. But even in the show he has shown a certain interest in alternatives to the front entrance.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ola posted:

Most cases of UTI are due to E. coli. It's all over the place. But even in the show he has shown a certain interest in alternatives to the front entrance.

Yeah, old folks can get sepsis from it because their immune systems are hosed up, but he was only 62 when that happened. Not that old.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Yeah, old folks can get sepsis from it because their immune systems are hosed up, but he was only 62 when that happened. Not that old.

Anyone can get UTI and it's typical for men to leave it untreated so they get sepsis. I wouldn't assume he got poo poo on his dick but I couldn't rule it out.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

Man remember how good the show used to be, Robert and Cersei's conversation, Cersei trying to commiserate with Catelyn, Jaime and Cleos talking before Jaime turned his head to mulch. Such a good show

The Hound and Arya roaming the countryside together was a highlight as well

The Tywin scenes too

Oh and Tyrion's brilliant mind actually affecting the plot

If anyone asks me about GoT, I'll recommend seasons 1-4 gladly. Everything after is essentially unwatchable Sons of Anarchy writing on screen

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It's really funny how much poo poo we put up with in the hopes it would all pay off

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB8ytzsxHgo

The Tirion and Bronn scenes are top-notch stuff. :discourse:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Here's the grrm shitdick story

This was funnier when some poster was mischaracterizing it, and I thought he'd written like a Kevin Smith-style grosspost about how much he loves anal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

It's really funny how much poo poo we put up with in the hopes it would all pay off

It won't, but it's going to be the only ending we get so it'll be worth it. Like those final moments before the Alzheimer's eats away at the last of your short term memory and all that's left is the freeing memory of the past.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The show is hurtling toward an ending that would probably make sense in the theoretical books that will never be written, but will be just baffling in TV show form.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Slutitution posted:

The Hound and Arya roaming the countryside together was a highlight as well

The Tywin scenes too

Oh and Tyrion's brilliant mind actually affecting the plot

If anyone asks me about GoT, I'll recommend seasons 1-4 gladly. Everything after is essentially unwatchable Sons of Anarchy writing on screen

A scene I really liked but apparently everyone else hated because IIIN THEE BOOOOKS was the Catelyn scene with Talysa where she reveals that she felt guilty at one point of wishing Jon Snow would die, and he got sick and she prayed to the gods to save him and she will love him and that all the poo poo that came after was a consequence of her not keeping her end of the bargain.

I think it worked perfectly well within the context of the show.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ruddiger posted:

So I guess what that means is that he isn't getting treatment for his hypertension and cardiovascular problems? Dude is as good as dead.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

PostNouveau posted:

I think they're trying to recapture the feel of that first leak from the Spanish translator where the guy was really into the looks on people's faces and random details.

But that wasn't bullet-pointed, it was just a big pile of gibbering.

This fanfiction sounds better than the reliable leaks though, so I'm gonna pretend that's real until the show disappoints me on Sunday.

Tbf the version I posted was cleaned up by someone, the original post was a stream of consciousness dump: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/blxugc/unos_cuantos_spoilers/?sort=new

e: should specify it's definitely not the same guy though

Zohar fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 8, 2019

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

One Tyrion-exchange I really liked was "What do you want from me, Bronn? Gold? Women? Golden women?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
e: wrong thread