Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Obviously. And making it D1 with forsaken and pvp changes was very good.

But just like with the disaster that is Iron Banner, they literally can’t do a drat thing good that isn’t “Revert to D1” and that’s getting lame.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Not exactly funny in the “Season of the We Killed Our One Cool New Idea 2 Weeks In”

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Emron posted:

This ENNUI is getting MALIGNANT!

Malignant Ennui exotic hand cannon when?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

deadwing posted:

I didn't get Outbreak Prime so this is just a really cool new gun to play with

It shreds

I stopped playing Destiny 1 after Oryx so this is cool as hell for me except I'm only 635 so rip

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

"I had a dearth of interest in the game but even that is dwindling to nothing."

:shrug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

cvnvcnv posted:

Not sure what's being made fun of there.

Oo, look at Mr. "I paid attention in high school English class" over here.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

fred dearth

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Anyone who plays a cover shooter should be roasted relentlessly

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

Not sure what's being made fun of there.

It's totally cool and fine to quit playing a game because it's boring you.

It's a huge adrenaline rush (and perfectly legal!) to take potshots at ABGD because he makes bad complaints while also playing more Destiny than anyone in history

Outbreak Perfected is an amazing and powerful gun and unlike its D1 precursor does not require multiple complete raid runs and a stable of Warlock/Hunter/Titan allies plus math homework to get it. It's also tied to an incredibly cool, brand new piece of game content, so any complaint about it is obviously going to attract some counterpoints

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

^burtle posted:

fred dearth

Like 7 years ago I tweeted something like, "Remember that one time when Fred Durst sued MTV for not running his voice through a filter? You know, because he has a high-pitched bitch voice irl" and he responded with some "gently caress you, motherfucker!" ish he deleted a few hours later lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
op fun, mission fun

hth everyone

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Entire jumping puzzle isn't tilted slightly like the whisper mission so it objectively better.

Elevators still suck tho.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ularg posted:

Elevators still suck tho.

There's four now!!!!!!

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Forsaken and (certain elements of) Black Armory were good as hell and I will never apologize for playing the hell out of those or retroactively Log Off.

The other elements of Black Armory were troubling as hell and this season has been a giant turd.

All you need to know about Bungie is that they still haven’t put Enhanced perks on IB gear and they added strict SBMM to Gambit Prime.

But it’s cool that D1 guns are back.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here's a weird game mechanic that explains why some heavy Grenade Launchers do an INSANE amount of damage but others are wimpy

"Spike Grenade" (increased damage on direct hits) adds bonus damage. The bonus damage is calculated using the ratio between Velocity and Blast Radius. The higher the Velocity and lower the Blast Radius, the more damage your GL will do.

Thus a godroll GL will have

Hard Launch
Spike Grenade
Masterwork: Velocity
IDK anything else that ups Velocity. Does Rangefinder affect the stat or is it some weird thing where projectile speed gets a bump but the Velocity stat is unaffected?

I'm not sure if Rocket Launchers work the same way with Impact Casing, but I do STRONGLY recommend checking the vault for a Hard Launch/Spike/MW Velocity grenade launcher. It obliterates dudes

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Forsaken and (certain elements of) Black Armory were good as hell and I will never apologize for playing the hell out of those or retroactively Log Off.

The other elements of Black Armory were troubling as hell and this season has been a giant turd.

All you need to know about Bungie is that they still haven’t put Enhanced perks on IB gear and they added strict SBMM to Gambit Prime.

But it’s cool that D1 guns are back.

Lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
trevor noooOOOOoooOooOoo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did TR3V0R look the same in the D1 version of Zero Hour or was it a different model??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did TR3V0R look the same in the D1 version of Zero Hour or was it a different model??

He was a vandal in forgotten shore. Totally retconned.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

He was a vandal in forgotten shore. Totally retconned.

Surely you don’t mean Randal

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Surely you don’t mean Randal

Yes I do. He was just doing his thing in the forgotten shore, got siva-fied and showed up rarely in the raid. Nothing since??

It must be TR3VOR.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Here's a weird game mechanic that explains why some heavy Grenade Launchers do an INSANE amount of damage but others are wimpy

"Spike Grenade" (increased damage on direct hits) adds bonus damage. The bonus damage is calculated using the ratio between Velocity and Blast Radius. The higher the Velocity and lower the Blast Radius, the more damage your GL will do.

Hard Launch
Spike Grenade
IDK anything else that ups Velocity. Does Rangefinder affect the stat or is it some weird thing where projectile speed gets a bump but the Velocity stat is unaffected?

I'm not sure if Rocket Launchers work the same way with Impact Casing, but I do STRONGLY recommend checking the vault for a Hard Launch/Spike/MW Velocity grenade launcher. It obliterates dudes

I was wondering why my Black Armory GL was a god killer. Now I have to sift through all the crap in my vault to find the ULTIMATE LAUNCHER

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hard Launch
Spike Grenade

Lol

Oh cool, I have a Play of the Game with that roll plus Rangefinder and Rampage.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hard Launch
Spike Grenade

Yellow bars HATE him! See how this local kid is getting HUGE damage numbers with this one simple trick

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Tried logging in last night for outbreak prime and apparently my PSN+ sub expired and I couldn't start the mission, also I am still 650 LL. I liked D1 OP and enjoy the jumping stuff but don't want to grind out LL. Also not playing videogames for a month+ and my eyes hurt after like 30 minutes. I think my old rear end is officially quitting videogames.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah rip

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

Tried logging in last night for outbreak prime and apparently my PSN+ sub expired and I couldn't start the mission, also I am still 650 LL. I liked D1 OP and enjoy the jumping stuff but don't want to grind out LL. Also not playing videogames for a month+ and my eyes hurt after like 30 minutes. I think my old rear end is officially quitting videogames.

Congrats! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's totally cool and fine to quit playing a game because it's boring you.

It's a huge adrenaline rush (and perfectly legal!) to take potshots at ABGD because he makes bad complaints while also playing more Destiny than anyone in history

Outbreak Perfected is an amazing and powerful gun and unlike its D1 precursor does not require multiple complete raid runs and a stable of Warlock/Hunter/Titan allies plus math homework to get it. It's also tied to an incredibly cool, brand new piece of game content, so any complaint about it is obviously going to attract some counterpoints

Yeah. The guns good. The mission is good. The puzzles are all straight forward and fun.

Its good content just like Whisper was.

Titan with 10 mobility, Lion Rampants, lightweight weapon and shoulder charge completely null any jumping section anyways.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get where my buff gay posting colleague is coming from. This sort of poo poo is indeed cool but the end result is kind of like getting your feet rubbed when you're gutshot.

We're nearly 5 years into the destiny gaming universe to get to where we were 3 years ago in terms of what we want. Just without the game mode that made the game popular for its leaner years and the same time we're complaining about the same issues we've had for the entire 5 years.

I'll still play when the new season drops and still have some good times but I'm beginning to doubt we even get a d3 and I'm really doubtful it'll actually be not poo poo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there will definitely be a new destiny game. whether or not it will be poo poo at launch is another story entirely

it probably will be

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

there will definitely be a new destiny game. whether or not it will be poo poo at launch is another story entirely

it probably will be

I remember telling everyone how good Destiny 2 was going to be because Bungie had learnt all their lessons and they were going to make the perfect game and I was going to be amazing.

As soon as I saw the tokens I knew how truly hosed I was.

Then trials had no LL requirements and then i saw thay stupid intro..... 12 monrhs to loving fix

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bunch of tasty clips for the past week or so.

https://youtu.be/OStd-hiK0f0

Even busted out the old fusion rifle for a bit.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thanks for reminding me tokens existed.

Journeying into the ancient fortress on an unexplored planet and opening an mysterious chest to reveal... a chuck e cheese token.

And people tried to defend that like "Lol you care about unrealistic things in a video game." gently caress off, this is the kind of game where you're supposed to care about that stuff. If I didn't care I would be playing Fornite

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/2KcwrXE.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WVVnuFY.gifv

when the beta sucks this next time just wait a few months for things to get okayish again

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well it seemed like leveling light was better now and I was able to get to 663 max but I just did a Forge run with a Powerful frame and got a 664 Orchid while my highest energy weapon is 665. This was exactly the reason I stopped playing in the first place.

Ok, just got a 668 in that slot, but then I got a 666 linear when my highest power slot is a 668. This system is stupid.

Roman fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 9, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Outbreak Prime feels *too* good.. Like, there's no drift or recoil at all, it's a loving laser beam. It's going to get nerfed into oblivion. The only minor downside I see to it is the range - it acts like a pulse but at half the effective range.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Roman posted:

Well it seemed like leveling light was better now and I was able to get to 663 max but I just did a Forge run with a Powerful frame and got a 664 Orchid while my highest energy weapon is 665. This was exactly the reason I stopped playing in the first place.

It's based on your character average (the 663 overall you mentioned), not the slot it drops for. In other words, it do be like that sometimes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Also the buffed the powerfulness of primes, dailies and weeklies but not BA Frames. Those are the slowest and worst way to grind light now. Do a weapon if your specific slot is suddenly lagging by like 4 or 5 points but otherwise the twinkle stars on the map are the biggest jumps now

Light is bad, very bad. Needs to go

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It would be one thing if that happened when grinding one activity over and over and over. A spectrum of drops would be okay. But they're asking you to do stuff you might not feel like doing or would rather do something else, so they should at least guarantee an upgrade for that slot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Limiting all the original weekly milestones (like dreaming city) to +1 upgrades was a bad decision.

No one gave a poo poo when the only thing you needed over 650 for was reckoning but now that there is COOL GUN it's an ISSUE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

xzzy posted:

Limiting all the original weekly milestones (like dreaming city) to +1 upgrades was a bad decision.

No one gave a poo poo when the only thing you needed over 650 for was reckoning but now that there is COOL GUN it's an ISSUE.

They're all +5 now until you hit 690.