Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

EHF if Biden is the Dem nominee and beats Trump will you admit that there's still some twisted mangled semblance of democracy left in our system or will you say that Biden and Trump are basically the same so it doesn't matter at all even as chuds scream and wail?

as long as there's an EC and Senate there is no democracy, literally by definition

chuds will scream and wail all the time no matter what, even when everything is going their way. Trump literally complains about an election he "won"

If Biden wins it's just what I said in the previous post - the new rules of order are agreed upon and will settle in to place. Biden will respectfully refuse to utilize the expanded powers of the executive and step quietly aside for a fascist in 2024 just like Obama did in 2016

but if it makes you feel better, if Biden gets the nom and wins, I'll admit that the hobbled, corrupt, stinking, nakedly false lie of a democracy we're straddled with is functioning exactly as it was originally intended to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

lol

you see, by not using my dick I am......

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

EHF if Biden is the Dem nominee and beats Trump will you admit that there's still some twisted mangled semblance of democracy left in our system or will you say that Biden and Trump are basically the same so it doesn't matter at all even as chuds scream and wail?

If biden is the nominee i will canvass for trump

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nae! posted:

How I know American Dad is Good: they wrote a pizza store jingle about locking Hillary up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60HlvvG_XjM

such a great show

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

cumshitter posted:

every tv show should end with the cahracters all saying the name of the show in unison and then staring at the camera as it goes to black forever

for example: cheers.

everyone, raising drinks: cheers!

*fade to black*

and you should get prizes for watching it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

if that's doomsaying then so is avoiding burning yourself on a hot stove after doing so once

the notion that this isn't the government working as designed or that Trump is in some way abhorrent to what our founders had in mind is fanciful in the extreme, if you want things to get better you need to face things as they are and take steps from there. At every point it looked like the white conservative reactionary power base was going to lose some power, all the non-democratic branches got together and re-wrote all the rules, and they're gonna do it again

it's either a civil war or all progress is lost

So what you're saying is that Bernie would not have won? :thunk:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

basically McConnell doomed this government by getting rid of the filibuster on sc nominees etc

it makes the senate completely unacceptable

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

If biden is the nominee i will canvass for trump

does trmu0p do canvassing

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
The last series finale that provoked a real emotional response from me was The OC

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

wat

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

only 1 pussy per dick said god

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pushpins posted:

The last series finale that provoked a real emotional response from me was The OC

the americans and mad men

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why is a :chud: championing the loot box bill? is it because gamers are all :chud:s now and he knows his base?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

"I guess you could say he really did have...a beautiful mind."

im glad we got finished dealing with all of those Bad Boys II

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

An Apple A Gay posted:

only 1 pussy per dick said god

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

except not, because sex is loving disgusting!!!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

pushpins posted:

six feet under

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So what you're saying is that Bernie would not have won? :thunk:

not what I was saying at all

do you think the system has no experience in ensuring the correct people make it on the ballot? do you think if the outcome could not be controlled to a significant degree that we would be allowed to vote at all? why was there not strict voter ID laws and busing restrictions and poll taxes and literacy tests before non-white male landowners got the ballot?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

if the sex is good and righteous, the only feeling afterward is shame

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How the gently caress is the judiciary committee still talking

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

does trmu0p do canvassing

I'll knock on doors wearing my piss tape hat spreading the gospel. Iraq war voting rear end racist raper piece of poo poo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the us government was literally designed for rich white supremacy and that’s what it’s doing so ???

of course we need to abolish the senate and neuter presidential powers but lol @ sitting down with chuds at a constitutional convention

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Again, to clarify: joseph alicia biden III is a racist who rapes, not a rapist who assaults racists

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
glad we could help ms. wong. theres not going to be anymore...

*looks at camera*

big trouble in little china

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

as long as there's an EC and Senate there is no democracy, literally by definition

chuds will scream and wail all the time no matter what, even when everything is going their way. Trump literally complains about an election he "won"

If Biden wins it's just what I said in the previous post - the new rules of order are agreed upon and will settle in to place. Biden will respectfully refuse to utilize the expanded powers of the executive and step quietly aside for a fascist in 2024 just like Obama did in 2016

but if it makes you feel better, if Biden gets the nom and wins, I'll admit that the hobbled, corrupt, stinking, nakedly false lie of a democracy we're straddled with is functioning exactly as it was originally intended to
Counterpoint: the Republican Party did not decide the 2016 Republican Primary.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Schnorkles posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Der Meister posted:

the us government was literally designed for rich white supremacy and that’s what it’s doing so ???

of course we need to abolish the senate and neuter presidential powers but lol @ sitting down with chuds at a constitutional convention

getting 38 states to agree to anything would be spicy

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the way you know the constitution is loving terrible is you start reading it and there are long poo poo posts about blacks people being cattle and worth less than others

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

tyvm for making my point for me

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

charlie brown writing the constitution
snoopy in the hallway takin a poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

Again, to clarify: joseph alicia biden III is a racist who rapes, not a rapist who assaults racists
:hmmyes:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is basically repeating the really incorrect line that "Donald Trump is not establishment," when you can't be anymore Republican establishment than a white, billionaire, male.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

You're doing it wrong.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
luke skywalker: i think this is just the very beginning of all the star wars

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Der Meister posted:

U invite them, and then when they show up lock all the doors and start piping Rains of Castamere over the sound system. just like harry potter

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mocking people who wait til marriage: disgusting

mocking palestinians and trayvon martin: perfectly acceptable

bing bong

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

literally the only problem the Republican Party had with Trump was that he ignored the dogwhistles, that's it

that's nothing to them

if they really did want him out they had any number of means to do so, and they didn't employ them (such as requiring 30 years of tax returns be made public to get the nom etc) because Trump is 99% identical to every single other Republican today.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Computer, please load one Moist Trump, Please.

Yes, override safety protocols.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Communist Bear posted:

You're doing it wrong.

uh huh, gonna take all my sex advice from a loving bear

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/LasagnaGarden/status/1126213221558439937

His other son and her dad had the more right idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How the gently caress is the judiciary committee still talking

there are like three dozen people in that room who got there purely because they like the sound of their own voice enough that they foist it on other people on purpose