Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm moving various assets around from lowsec to Jita, and finally one of the little jerks camping a lowsec gate gets a point on me. Oh no! My brain shorts out for a moment then I remember to turn on my tank. I'm flying an old 2014 drakefleet drake, so it's a lot of tank. I remember to turn on my missiles. Oh, hey, his shields are going down a lot faster than mine. Actually I'm not sure if mine are going down at all since I turned on the tank. Finally I remember my webifier and try to get within 10k of him to turn that on too, but he flies away. :(

Why would a lone gatecamper even bother to point a drake? Yeah, it's slow so as hell, but from what I could see still really tanky. If I hadn't been so out of practice (and bad at eve) I might have gotten one of my few solo pvp kills. I totally forgot I had drones until after he flew off.

Oh well, good practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm moving various assets around from lowsec to Jita, and finally one of the little jerks camping a lowsec gate gets a point on me. Oh no! My brain shorts out for a moment then I remember to turn on my tank. I'm flying an old 2014 drakefleet drake, so it's a lot of tank. I remember to turn on my missiles. Oh, hey, his shields are going down a lot faster than mine. Actually I'm not sure if mine are going down at all since I turned on the tank. Finally I remember my webifier and try to get within 10k of him to turn that on too, but he flies away. :(

Why would a lone gatecamper even bother to point a drake? Yeah, it's slow so as hell, but from what I could see still really tanky. If I hadn't been so out of practice (and bad at eve) I might have gotten one of my few solo pvp kills. I totally forgot I had drones until after he flew off.

Oh well, good practice.

You could of been poo poo fit. so much of that around

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ynglaur posted:

Nah, just tax more.

:commissar: is a tax on stupidity and it is set at 100%

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ragedx posted:

I thought that anything with a jump drive wasn't allowed to use the ansiblex gates.
maybe it was just a mass thing... Ill have to double check later when I am home.

Ansiblexes can be used by any ship other than supercarriers and titans. Fatigue free, too.

e: I think if you put like 40 plates on an Apostle and hit a 50GN MWD, it'll block you, too. Basically, you'd have to try to make that happen.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dalael posted:

:commissar: is a tax on stupidity and it is set at 100%

You're good at dodging taxes then. :smugbert:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Micromancer posted:

Recently I was alerted by a member of GSOL while in a fleet that using anything with a jump drive in an Ansiblex consumes a lot of fuel, causing them to have to refuel it more often. People who abuse this are put on a shitlist that causes their Ansiblex fees to be increased by 20x.

So, please don't do this.

Oh yeah, I meant using the same route through space with the B-D to J5A- and C-N to KVN- gates to cover distance. Not the bridges themselves.

Anyways the ansiblex jump gates charge money based on mass / fuel used, don't they? I'd think putting a capship through them would cost more than the fuel to jump normally. Still really annoying for the GSOL guys who have to refuel it, but not a savings for cheapskates who don't want to pay for fuel.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Once I'm in I'll look at the finances of selling and rebuying in Delve, that might save a lot of hassle. Mostly all I used my carrier for was capswarm missions repairing poo poo, and it looks like carriers don't even do that anymore? aaaaa

Nope, carriers are now pretty much ratting ships and anti-subcap utility infielders. There is a dedicated space-priest capital called the force auxiliary aka Fax Machine. If you don't rat for a living just sell that poo poo, and even if you *do* rat the nidhoggur or thanatos are far superior.

Alas, the wiki is, um... probably not the best way to read up on everything that's changed.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh well, good practice.

I mean you didn’t mention what he was flying, but it’s pretty clear that it was easy for him to moonwalk out, so why not?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

causticBeet posted:

I mean you didn’t mention what he was flying, but it’s pretty clear that it was easy for him to moonwalk out, so why not?

I didn't actually notice. :shobon: Mostly I was just giddy about not being instantly dead and wanted to tell someone. In my experience either I'm fast enough to escape or I'm dead within 10 seconds, possibly because I don't usually fly around alone in random poo poo space in anything but a fast frigate or a blockade runner. First time I ever had time to fight back, and I won!*

*For certain values of winning. Not dying is a win.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lmao at the gon meltdowns in the bot banning threads. hOw cOuLD wE hAvE KnOwN?????

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
To be fair, the level of micromanagement that would need to take place on a regular basis at the corp director level is probably not worth the headache.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Eve Online: If You Don't Have A Degree In Forensic Accounting Then Get Your poo poo Out Of My Face

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought Peligro called out Frat and Western Prosperity something something

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I thought Peligro called out Frat and Western Prosperity something something

Greater Western Co Prosperity Sphere is a reactivated sudo rental alliance for Period Basis

Which is what has reddit in a tizzy.

Some of these renters came from BOT btw. Just sayin.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lmao at the gon meltdowns in the bot banning threads. hOw cOuLD wE hAvE KnOwN?????

my willingness to do ccp peligro's job approaches zero considering he can write and implement a script to auto-ban people ratting 23 hours a day while i can't, and even though he's probably paid less than a janitor he's still paid to do it. plus, ccp still has never implemented any method to let an alliance boot individual members, so i would have to go find whoever is in charge of that corp and then find what language they speak and then painstakingly convey through google translate that i need them to boot someone

like yeah, if you fly around you can probably find obvious botters but given that peligro's not bothering to ban those people except when the reddit complaining reaches a crescendo, what's the point. reddit is pissed off about botting because if someone bots 23/7 and you report them to ccp...nothing happens. at all.

now if he decides to give us the unrestricted backend access we'd need to do it automatically then sure maybe we can talk, provided we're able to use it for other purposes as well :v:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

evilweasel posted:

my willingness to do ccp peligro's job approaches zero considering he can write and implement a script to auto-ban people ratting 23 hours a day while i can't, and even though he's probably paid less than a janitor he's still paid to do it. plus, ccp still has never implemented any method to let an alliance boot individual members, so i would have to go find whoever is in charge of that corp and then find what language they speak and then painstakingly convey through google translate that i need them to boot someone

like yeah, if you fly around you can probably find obvious botters but given that peligro's not bothering to ban those people except when the reddit complaining reaches a crescendo, what's the point. reddit is pissed off about botting because if someone bots 23/7 and you report them to ccp...nothing happens. at all.

now if he decides to give us the unrestricted backend access we'd need to do it automatically then sure maybe we can talk, provided we're able to use it for other purposes as well :v:

It is basically hopeless for an alliance executor to effectively police an entire alliance without devoting a team of directors to deal with it, in addition to building ESI-based tools to give us some hints at who's botting or not. Which boils down to doing CCP's job for them. Unpaid. gently caress that.

I don't think CCP Peligro realizes that he's in the process of opening a very potent can of worms against CCP's own public image by starting down this path.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Wibla posted:

It is basically hopeless for an alliance executor to effectively police an entire alliance without devoting a team of directors to deal with it, in addition to building ESI-based tools to give us some hints at who's botting or not. Which boils down to doing CCP's job for them. Unpaid. gently caress that.

I don't think CCP Peligro realizes that he's in the process of opening a very potent can of worms against CCP's own public image by starting down this path.

i think ccp peligro is tired of reddit being mad at him for being unable to do his job when he's allowed part-time access to a dos-era PC, three hours of electricity a day, and a team consisting of a pigeon with a broken wing and a mouse stuck to a glue trap that hasn't died yet, so he's trying to make them mad at someone else

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i think ccp peligro is tired of reddit being mad at him for being unable to do his job when he's allowed part-time access to a dos-era PC, three hours of electricity a day, and a team consisting of a pigeon with a broken wing and a mouse stuck to a glue trap that hasn't died yet, so he's trying to make them mad at someone else

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." :unsmigghh:

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Can CCP actually go after the alliance with the bots. Does the whole theory of "It is not my job to police your game" no longer a thing?
Since when is it players responsibility on this and how can they hold them accountable for something they can't even do?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Loky11 posted:

Greater Western Co Prosperity Sphere is a reactivated sudo rental alliance for Period Basis

Which is what has reddit in a tizzy.

Some of these renters came from BOT btw. Just sayin.

Yeah, the timing on the whole thing was pretty funny. If it had been a month or two prior, it would have been B0T and FRT Treasury, not GWCPS. We, uh, kinda burned The Spire down and stole all the renters.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wibla posted:

That whole ban fiasco last month proves that CCP really doesn't know, top to bottom, what cans of worms it is opening.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ragedx posted:

Can CCP actually go after the alliance with the bots. Does the whole theory of "It is not my job to police your game" no longer a thing?
Since when is it players responsibility on this and how can they hold them accountable for something they can't even do?

In the last security updates, CCP has gone from not mentioning alliances, to alluding to there being consequences for alliances, ending up at making literal threats against alliances for not doing CCP's job for them.

Warmachine posted:

That whole ban fiasco last month proves that CCP really doesn't know, top to bottom, what cans of worms it is opening.

I'm at a loss for words for that whole thing.

Wibla fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 8, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh dear whatever will we do if the 1b payment from some corp is negwalleted from us

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

evilweasel posted:

oh dear whatever will we do if the 1b payment from some corp is negwalleted from us

The reddit screechers want 500% penalties on the ratting taxes applied to the alliance hosting the corporation which has even a single botter.

They of course forget that this would be instantly and easily weaponized by anybody with enough spare time and a big enough grudge.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

The reddit screechers want 500% penalties on the ratting taxes applied to the alliance hosting the corporation which has even a single botter.

They of course forget that this would be instantly and easily weaponized by anybody with enough spare time and a big enough grudge.

I wonder who would stoop so low as to do such a thing.

( :laffo:).

And thus the bot wars were born, heralding the end of Eve as we know it.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Link to thread?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ynglaur posted:

Link to thread?

Enjoy.

Wibla posted:

I wonder who would stoop so low as to do such a thing.

( :laffo:).

And thus the bot wars were born, heralding the end of Eve as we know it.

To be fair, a number of Reasonable People have been pointing this fact out to the screechers. It's about a 50/50 between said screecher realizing how stupid they are or doubling down.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It’s pretty insane that the dude who presumably has API tooling and whatever loving shambles remain at ccp that resemble development resources is going to try to boogeyman alliances in to policing bottling via third party web services.

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*
I never thought I'd play this game again, but here I am :doh:.

I'm still reading up on everything that has changed. I think I understand that asset safety mechanic. The majority of my stuff got moved from Deklein to lowsec. What are my options for all my stuff that didn't get moved though? I have quite a lot of isk locked up in 2R-CRW. When I try to put it on the market remotely, I get some message about not having market rights. If I actually fly to Deklein will I be able to sell it or is my only option to firesale it through contracts?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

causticBeet posted:

It’s pretty insane that the dude who presumably has API tooling and whatever loving shambles remain at ccp that resemble development resources is going to try to boogeyman alliances in to policing bottling via third party web services.

No poo poo. Its pissing me off.

He can gently caress right off back to the inbred Icelandic village he came from as far as I'm concerned.

Vicar
Oct 20, 2007

I think you can remotely trigger asset safety through the assets tab and then it will eventually (after 20? days) be moved automatically to the closest lowsec npc station

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grapefist posted:

I never thought I'd play this game again, but here I am :doh:.

I'm still reading up on everything that has changed. I think I understand that asset safety mechanic. The majority of my stuff got moved from Deklein to lowsec. What are my options for all my stuff that didn't get moved though? I have quite a lot of isk locked up in 2R-CRW. When I try to put it on the market remotely, I get some message about not having market rights. If I actually fly to Deklein will I be able to sell it or is my only option to firesale it through contracts?

Now that the old style conquorable stations are gone you can't use the markets in someone else's station remotely. Your best bet is to trigger asset safety and wait it out, or as you said firesale through contracts.

There are a few traders in 1DQ who are not in the alliance, and sell super capitals via contracts (for some nefarious purpose I assume). Im a little paranoid so I always check who buys/sells things in 1DQ, to try and identify other traders.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

Now that the old style conquorable stations are gone you can't use the markets in someone else's station remotely. Your best bet is to trigger asset safety and wait it out, or as you said firesale through contracts.

There are a few traders in 1DQ who are not in the alliance, and sell super capitals via contracts (for some nefarious purpose I assume). Im a little paranoid so I always check who buys/sells things in 1DQ, to try and identify other traders.

They try, and I assume sometimes succeed. The thing is they are usually way overpriced, and I figure this is because they cannot see what super hulls are actually going for on alliance contracts.

Like literally, I don’t know about other alliance space; however, when compared to what I see in the ship trading channel even the too good to be true scam prices I see in that channel are 4 billion more than super hulls in Delve.

I can see why it is tempting for people to get themselves blacklisted by trying to export supers.

But anyway, for the aspiring traders in 1DQ it is worth checking public contracts once a day for people fire selling things because they left the alliance or Delve (make sure you set you filters to show the newest contracts first).

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 9, 2019

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

They try, and I assume sometimes succeed. The thing is they are usually way overpriced, and I figure this is because they cannot see what super hulls are actually going for on alliance contracts.

Like literally, I don’t know about other alliance space; however, when compared to what I see in the ship trading channel even the too good to be true scam prices I see in that channel are 4 billion more than super hulls in Delve.

I can see why it is tempting for people to get themselves blacklisted by trying to export supers.

But anyway, for the aspiring traders in 1DQ it is worth checking public contracts once a day for people fire selling things because they left the alliance or Delve (make sure you set you filters to show the newest contracts first).

Trade leakage is a real thing when the disparity grows too large. It's not very easy to deal with.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Supply's also a consideration. We've got a shitload more supers available than anyone else. In some cases, it may be that demand outstrips supply elsewhere, depending on whose markets you have access to.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Heh.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That can't be right, I'd heard from reddit that goon alliances are like 90% of that pie chart.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

This is historical? Some of those alliances are long dead I think? At any rate XDeath is unsurprising.

Edit: by historical I mean since they started keeping track.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Loky11 posted:

This is historical? Some of those alliances are long dead I think? At any rate XDeath is unsurprising.

Edit: by historical I mean since they started keeping track.

as reddit pointed out, fraternity has existed for two years yet has already managed to rack up 5% of the bans

which is, uh, quite impressive

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that said, it's pretty clear that the only thing keeping PL afloat is their massive botter haven that is, by far, the worst among (non-russian) 0.0 alliances, followed by fellow botter-lover NC.

perhaps its time to take out the trash of the eve community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

that said, it's pretty clear that the only thing keeping PL afloat is their massive botter haven that is, by far, the worst among (non-russian) 0.0 alliances, followed by fellow botter-lover NC.

perhaps its time to take out the trash of the eve community

i wonder where the PL isk is going?