Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/987288291761254401/vid/640x360/Ud9yhj1ntXWXOU37.mp4?tag=6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What exactly makes that video deserve hip hop trap beats?

Also, whatever happened to spoons?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Negrostrike posted:

What exactly makes that video deserve hip hop trap beats?

Also, whatever happened to spoons?

Do spoons have VC funding and sick beats?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Zero waste? So when this thing eventually breaks it just magically vanishes into thin air? And the Chinese slave factory that makes these and ships them out is also zero waste?

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Put an imbalanced cup in the stircle and it caused my almond milk latte to spray around the room, blinding me and killing a bystander who had a nut allergy

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Here is this crazy idea, grasp the cup firmly and move your hand in small circles, "stirring" it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
No wait that's a loving stupid idea

I'm definitely the idiot here

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jestery posted:

Here is this crazy idea, grasp the cup firmly and move your hand in small circles, "stirring" it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jestery posted:

*spins wildly in a circle, gets dizzy, crashes through a plate glass window* There's got to be a better way!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1126193115986112512

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i'm so proud of this gay community

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Hello 911? I put my fleshlight in the drink spinner.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Zero waste? So when this thing eventually breaks it just magically vanishes into thin air? And the Chinese slave factory that makes these and ships them out is also zero waste?

And the electricity to power it. :v:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It's like that tech bro who thought he was helping the environment by getting new shirts rather than washing because that way he didn't need to use water and electricity to wash them. The concept of externalities is completely foreign to these people.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I somehow unbookmarked this thread by accident so I had to come hunting to share this: The dystopia is being delayed in New York

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

making landlords give tenants an actual key implies that there will still be landlords who breathe

very halfassed solution imo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/asiaonecom/status/1125260148115742721?s=19

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Uber are throwing in surge pricing to get drivers to scab.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jobson groeth posted:

Uber are throwing in surge pricing to get drivers to scab.

I heard from someone there that this is just the pricing system’s standard reaction to a big demand/supply gap, which means that they have automated scanning I guess.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Subjunctive posted:

I heard from someone there that this is just the pricing system’s standard reaction to a big demand/supply gap, which means that they have automated scanning I guess.

yeah

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Subjunctive posted:

which means that they have automated scamming I guess.

heh

fixed that for u :smugdog:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Feranon posted:

heh

fixed that for u :smugdog:

I meant scabbing anyway

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

drat..

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

jobson groeth posted:

It's like that tech bro who thought he was helping the environment by getting new shirts rather than washing because that way he didn't need to use water and electricity to wash them. The concept of externalities is completely foreign to these people.

I had this same idea when I was 8 but with disposable dishes and my mom immediately explained how loving stupid it was.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The store in that game is so exploitative. If you don't buy things you are actively made to feel like a piece of poo poo in game.

Folding Ideas made a very good video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPHPNgIihR0

Every single kid at my daughter's elementary school who talks about Fortnite is an idiot with bad parents.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
You don't use polystyrene plates and burn them in a drum once a week? Smh

^ Look at this lovely parent. Too cheap to buy your daughter digital hats. Smh again

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

it's just come full circle from arcades

games always would have been this if everyone had the internet and cheap powerful electronics in the 80s

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i'm still waiting for the "pay per life" game. maybe "pay per save file/character" with permadeath

surely its around the corner and they'll sell the idea as a gimmick: its so immersive! every decision matters so much

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm still waiting for the "pay per life" game.

pac man?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm still waiting for the "pay per life" game. maybe "pay per save file/character" with permadeath

Yeah its called 'life' and you can't afford another one.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Could be useful on carts or stands. You don't have to bother with one of those 'spoon-well with constantly running water' dealies or an endless supply of plastic stirrers.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Yeah its called 'life' and you can't afford another one.

well this game sucks and its way too hard to kill yourself. controls won't even let me walk off a ledge. my character keeps stopping at the edge and sobbing like a bitch, calling himself a coward and poo poo.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1126285492838961152

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Peanut President posted:

That's not really new. When Team Fortress 2 was a big thing you'd hear kids on the mic make fun of "gibusses" which is a term for people with a simple top hat called "the ghastly gibus" that confirmed you were poor or so new you hadn't bought a hat yet.

When Team Fortress 2 was a big thing, hats weren’t.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

:eyepop:

i thought i was too hardened and cynical to be shocked by things but, well, there's always something you never see coming

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
That whole "detaining the terrorists and quasi terrorists till their death in a military hole" thing is really only a moral issue in European countries, such as UK. Most Americans from left and right are aware of this and don't have a problem with it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

When Team Fortress 2 was a big thing, hats weren’t.

TF2 is the 7th most played game on steam right at this second with 28k playing right now at 2:30 AM CST

edit: and that's after years of decline

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

tino posted:

That whole "detaining the terrorists and quasi terrorists till their death in a military hole" thing is really only a moral issue in European countries, such as UK. Most Americans from left and right are aware of this and don't have a problem with it.

but then why bother with old age care? letting them rot and die would be consistent with those values

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

redleader posted:

but then why bother with old age care? letting them rot and die would be consistent with those values

That's probably what Pentagon will do anyway but they will make a PR office to put up a powerpoint sliceshow to show they are doing something to the senior terrorists.