Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

King of Bees posted:

So basically if a rancher has shrooms growing on his farm he can't be busted? Since they just grown there anyway.

It's not a bad law, imagine if you owned a couple acres and the cops found some ditch weed growing in the brush that you had absolutely no clue about and wouldn't be smoking anyway because ht's lovely weed.

Now if they went back there and found a bunch of gorgeous high-grade weed plants it's pretty clear you took care to plant them there because of how good weed is grown and tended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I don’t think I’ve seen this discussed here, but there’s a new podcast out called It Could Happen Here about what a second American civil war could look like, and how one could start. The author/narrator spent time in Ukraine during their revolution and Iraq during the battle of Mosul and shares his observations in the context of American society. At times, he may oversell his case slightly, but when he dips into technical and tactical things that he observed, that’s when the podcast gets super interesting.

It obviously has a left bias, but he does try to explain how he sees the American left becoming potentially more radical and violent (even going so far as to reference guillotines!) That said, the anecdotes and quotes he shares about the alt and religious right are pretty :stare:.

I leave each episode feeling like I just got done watching Children of Men. It’s worth a listen, just make sure you’re in a good headspace before doing so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I don’t think I’ve seen this discussed here, but there’s a new podcast out called It Could Happen Here about what a second American civil war could look like, and how one could start. The author/narrator spent time in Ukraine during their revolution and Iraq during the battle of Mosul and shares his observations in the context of American society. At times, he may oversell his case slightly, but when he dips into technical and tactical things that he observed, that’s when the podcast gets super interesting.

It obviously has a left bias, but he does try to explain how he sees the American left becoming potentially more radical and violent (even going so far as to reference guillotines!) That said, the anecdotes and quotes he shares about the alt and religious right are pretty :stare:.

I leave each episode feeling like I just got done watching Children of Men. It’s worth a listen, just make sure you’re in a good headspace before doing so.

I was just coming here to post this, so I'll second your post. Today's episode is especially grim, and deals with the increasingly violent rhetoric of the left as well (yeah, we all know the right has been doing this for decades).

This podcast is encouraging me to go out and buy more guns.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
HR 553 is up to 273 cosponsors. Only 17 more to go! At the rate it's going, it should hit the magic number within a week!

I can't wait to hear what excuses Congress comes up with when they vote it down.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

who's the 17

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Could be any one of 163 Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored. The House has 433 members (two vacancies), plus the five non-voting members (three of whom are cosponsors).

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Chichevache posted:

I was just coming here to post this, so I'll second your post. Today's episode is especially grim, and deals with the increasingly violent rhetoric of the left as well (yeah, we all know the right has been doing this for decades).

This podcast is encouraging me to go out and buy more guns.

I've been listening to it as well, it's p dope.

Warning that today's episode has some transphobia in it (which is not surprising considering the hypothetical plotline/story he is telling at the beginning of each ep)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
How do I access this through my phone. Was digging for an RSS feed but I guess I gotta go through IHeartRadio app?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lets have a feel good story

https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1126300436003151872

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

How do I access this through my phone. Was digging for an RSS feed but I guess I gotta go through IHeartRadio app?

I don't have the app installed and listen on my phone. This is the link I use:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-it-could-happen-here-30717896/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

KirbyKhan posted:

It's on Spotify if you have that.

Thalantos posted:

I've been listening to it as well, it's p dope.

Warning that today's episode has some transphobia in it (which is not surprising considering the hypothetical plotline/story he is telling at the beginning of each ep)

I think it is worth clarifying that the episode and podcaster aren't transphobic. He's just discussing what hate crimes would probably be happening if a far right militia began conducting terrorist operations. He also discusses what leftist terrorist groups would be doing.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like that episode of Black Mirror was Jon Hamm was banned from everything.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Chichevache posted:

It's on Spotify if you have that.

I think it is worth clarifying that the episode and podcaster aren't transphobic. He's just discussing what hate crimes would probably be happening if a far right militia began conducting terrorist operations. He also discusses what leftist terrorist groups would be doing.

Yes, that's a good point. There's a description of a rightist christian militia that does bad things, but the author is a decent dude, afaict

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FAUXTON posted:

Current sport event: Avalanches might be keeping the series alive against the zuckerfish

Eat my California rear end with an avocado garnish, bitch.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

KirbyKhan posted:

Search whatever podcast aggregator app you prefer, if not there, move on to the next.

I use Podcast Addict. It's alright. And the show is on there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chichevache posted:

Eat my California rear end with an avocado garnish, bitch.

It is cool that pavelski was there, best of luck against the STL Snooze

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

FAUXTON posted:

It is cool that pavelski was there, best of luck against the STL Snooze

As a proud Blues fan, I fully expect them to choke so hard. I hope they don't, all Cali teams must burn. Along with all Pittsburgh, NYC, Texas, and Boston teams.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

leave the mets out of this

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

OK, yeah, the Mets are good. I also have a soft spot for the Islanders.

The rest can burn in poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i agree and put philly in there too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Bad Poster posted:

As a proud Blues fan, I fully expect them to choke so hard. I hope they don't, all Cali teams must burn. Along with all Pittsburgh, NYC, Texas, and Boston teams.

yeah I was hoping for an Avalanches-Canes showdown but it was not to be. I'm worried about how well the hurricanes will hold against Boston and their star wars character goalie though. With the BJs out, I'm hoping Carolina can sweep a second series and everyone can have a laugh.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i agree and put philly in there too

Nah, they're cool because of their history of being very pro-union.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ehhh gently caress the phillies anyways

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hating on the Mets? That's a paddlin'

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
Welp, hope y’all ready to see some more American deaths caused by Iranian EFP IEDs among other things: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/u-s-officials-iran-official-ok-d-attacks-american-military-n1003421?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

I use an app called podcast addict. Would recommend.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ehhh gently caress the phillies anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxzimDYlTCs

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I often forget the Mets even exist until someone brings them up.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump is pissed at Bolton because his aggressive posture towards Venezuela hasn’t resulted in instant success like Trump would like. Although there’s a quote about how Bolton’s job is safe, that probably means he’s circling the drain right now.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeZWZGxlpU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Gritty was not available for comment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Trump is pissed at Bolton because his aggressive posture towards Venezuela hasn’t resulted in instant success like Trump would like. Although there’s a quote about how Bolton’s job is safe, that probably means he’s circling the drain right now.

Piss baby didn't fix everything instantly with the power of maga and is throwing a henchman under the bus for failing him?

Must be a day of the week. So long you walrus-faced gently caress stick.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Trump publicly praising your work is the kiss of death. Notice how we never hear what he thinks about Rick Perry, Ben Carson, or Betsy DeVos?

e: Isn't Pompeo traveling right now? He's probably hosed, too. Hair Furor only fires people when they're out of the office.

psydude fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 9, 2019

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

McNally posted:

Someone in my Gold Star Facebook group put together a spreadsheet of all the Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored HR 553. Instead of listing names, I'm going to list Congressional Districts.

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th, 6th, 9th
California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
Connecticut: 1st, 5th
Florida: 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th
Georgia: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd, 4th
Kentucky: 4th, 5th
Louisiana: 1st, 3rd, 6th
Maine: 2nd
Maryland: 1st, 5th, 6th
Massachusetts: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th
Michigan: 3rd, 13th, 14th
Minnesota: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Missouri: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th
Nebraska: 1st, 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New Jersey: 9th
New Mexico: 2nd, 3rd
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 16th
Oklahoma: 3rd, 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th
South Carolina: 1st, 6th, 7th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th
Virginia: 4th
Washington: 7th, 8th, 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

Necropost on this, but I live in Quigely's (IL-5), and reached out to him. His backhanded response:

Thank you for writing me to share your thoughts on this very important issue. Hearing from constituents is very important to me because it allows me to better address your needs. My staff and I will continue to be mindful of this issue should there be an opportunity to take action. I invite you to contact PERSON in my Washington, D.C. office at PHO-NEN-UMBR if you'd like to discuss it further.

I'm working on what I need to call this number, which I assume will be "you want help from Quigley? He wants campaign funds".

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Called my rep and let them know I'm disappointed in them not supporting this bill and i expect them to sponsor and vote for it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bolton is the Trumpkin I worry about most right now because he's the most likely to help start a war.

Remember that time Christie wasn't allowed on Donnie's plane, and made him fly separate? It would be hilarious if Pompeo got fired while in Iraq, and abandoned there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I called Al Lawson’s office again to ask “wtf al?”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So wait a Philly team put something the size of a battery at every seat? How could they possibly have not seen this coming.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Um.

https://twitter.com/glubold/status/1126460476005715970?s=19

I uh, wouldn't want to be attacked by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That's the most metal thing to come out of the MIC since the Switchblade.