Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How'd Pete get a Buttgig serving as a mayor? All the Buttgigs I've been offered on Backpage pay considerably less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It took me three reads to finally understand the college tweet

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
These young hip centrists from elite backgrounds could challenge Republicans at lower level offices but they're raising their own profiles via presidential runs instead, without any policy agendas or organic bases in social movements. Like what kind of guy does that? A psychopath, that's who.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ty for posting the video. it never fails to make me literally laugh out loud every time I see it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this whole passage makes me wanna puke but also i feel it explains buttmans character pretty well in that he only cares about being famous and meeting famous people

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

babypolis posted:

this whole passage makes me wanna puke but also i feel it explains buttmans character pretty well in that he only cares about being famous and meeting famous people

no wonder Obama likes him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/1113935398638637058?s=20

https://twitter.com/CIAGoFundMe/status/1113939569752276993?s=20

But Rocks Hurt Head has issued a correction as of 02:04 on Apr 5, 2019

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

THS
Sep 15, 2017

pete gay buttchug homo bitch bottom

there i said it

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

the cursive font is ave fedan in case anyone was wondering

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Apr 24, 2019

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T97xGOSwRI

quote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440398-buttigieg-says-he-doubts-sanders-can-win-general-election

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said he doubts fellow hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) can beat President Trump in a general election.

“I have a hard time seeing the coalition ultimately coming together there,” the South Bend, Ind., mayor told The New York Times.

Buttigieg also said that in 2016 voters wanted to “blow up the system,” adding that this mentality “could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are.”

Buttigieg added that at the time “people were refreshed by the novelty of that boldness" of Sanders's ideas, but that they are now less exciting.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oh hey the mayor Pete thread.

Remember when he was just a funny story in Current Affairs, back in those heady days of Betomania?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

thats why i was making GBS threads on him early on, i knew he’d be a threat.

he reminds of john edwards somehow getting popular, in how a bunch of americans are real dumb and don’t have their creepy psychopath detector calibrated well

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

pete gay buttchug homo bitch bottom

there i said it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgu7djuloZs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
im gay

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

lol I posted that Current Affairs article and an old friend who is 100% liberal was like “this seems very cynical so I stopped reading, and also he has a year to come up with policy so I’m not sure why that’s a big deal to you.”

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
who can make it all the way through? i can't

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Labes for days posted:

lol I posted that Current Affairs article and an old friend who is 100% liberal was like “this seems very cynical so I stopped reading, and also he has a year to come up with policy so I’m not sure why that’s a big deal to you.”

At least you know your friend is an irredeemable piece of poo poo now, cold comfort, I’m sure.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:derp: :siren: buttguy is being backed by big jade egg! :siren: :derp:

GWENETH PATLTRON VAGINA E -*gets into a scuffle with security and is immediately dragged away from the town hall*

GWENATH PALPATATE IS FUNDING VAGINA PEBBLES TO MAYOR PETES CAMPAIGN THIS IS AGAINST CAMPAIGN FINANCE LAWS

*door slams*

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

a Loving Dog posted:

who can make it all the way through? i can't

i did, but i do a lot of copy editing. the person transcribing "get ahead" totally missed the spoken version. it was "get a head." he has been trying to lull potential victims to sleep in order to steal their heads and run off to the witch who promised to change him from a marionette into a real boy for the price of an innocent's brain

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mayor Pete was a Rhodes Scholar who then signed up for the US military in 2009.

He knew exactly what he was doing and thought that helping kill Afghans would advance his political career.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Labes for days posted:

Love to treat my political convictions like my loving math homework

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Love to treat my political convictions like my loving math homework

look, a presidential campaign is a formative year for politicians to develop their ideologies :o:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

how else can you test the waters with focus grouped “policy” and soundbytes if you put the cart before the horse by leading with a vision of a better future

yall have it backwards completely. you build up to policy by turning a dial labelled “racism” and looking back on the audience

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Protip: when you're turning the dial, you only have to look at the white audience members

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Mayor Pete was a Rhodes Scholar who then signed up for the US military in 2009.

He knew exactly what he was doing and thought that helping kill Afghans would advance his political career.

It'll work. DNC will never let Bernie be the nominee. I guess this psychopath is better than a cop or sex pest?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Just learned Pete went to Afghanistan WHILE mayor. Even if you like Pete and the military for some reason that seems like a dick move to abandon your town like that.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

platzapS posted:

Just learned Pete went to Afghanistan WHILE mayor. Even if you like Pete and the military for some reason that seems like a dick move to abandon your town like that.

in his case he may have been doing them a favor

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I understand not wanting to do the :effort: to read an article, but lmao if your complaint is about people being "cynical" about a POTUS hopeful.

:angel: "Why can't you just ~believe~?" :angel:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Update: She doesn’t understand why calling labor rights activists “SJWs” makes me think this guy is right-wing. I hope she went back and read it and is not simply crying after I said I’ll vote third party if Sanders runs after inevitably being shat upon a second time by DNC.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it's a shame that mayor pete died

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I don't even understand how he can call himself progressive considering the answers he's given about specific policy proposals.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Also my mom got me his book for my birthday. I'll read it in the next couple weeks.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bollig posted:

Also my mom got me his book for my birthday. I'll read it in the next couple weeks.

sever

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Please clap

https://twitter.com/cmarinucci/status/1127036831185244160

THS
Sep 15, 2017

drat how are the republicans gonna run against freedom?? everyone loves freedom

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
now that Schultz looks like he's not running, I think we need a Conner O'Malley rebrand as a ButtiBro

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

THS posted:

drat how are the republicans gonna run against freedom?? everyone loves freedom

wait hes offering freedom AND security? they say you cant have it all but dang it mayor pete sure is proving em wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
democrats: "freedom, security, democracy. choose two."