Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wait, is that where the clip of Tim Curry doing a goofy Russian accent and saying something like 'I'm going the only place you cannot follow me... SPACE!' is from?!

No, the "I'm going to the one place not corrupted by capitalism... SPACE!" is from the bideo game Command and Conquer: Red Alert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
first episode of Chernobyl owned and it only looks like it is gonna get better

Between that and Barry, there is a good amount of other hbo shows to watch the poo poo taste out of your mouth after hatewatching got

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

No, the "I'm going to the one place not corrupted by capitalism... SPACE!" is from the bideo game Command and Conquer: Red Alert.

the "..." before SPACE is him clearly stifling a laugh

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Where is the 15 million an episode going? I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out there was some big money laundering scheme going on.

That was my thought with the whole "Ghost CGI just got too expensive" excuse. lmao they knocked off the rest of the dogs by Season 6 and Ghost had like total of 30 seconds of screentime the last two seasons...where was all that money going? Some accounting nerd at AT&T started asking questions and it went from there I bet.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Damo posted:

Between that and Barry, there is a good amount of other hbo shows to watch the poo poo taste out of your mouth after hatewatching got

The Deadwood movie is real and it will be on HBO May 31

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I've always been able to over look some poo poo writting but all the poo poo has become a steaming turd.

Chernobyl was great. loving horrifying.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

its a sign of how bad the series is now when you reflect back on the source material which includes deus ex machina after deus ex machina and go 'ah, this is complex and well written'.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

its a sign of how bad the series is now when you reflect back on the source material which includes deus ex machina after deus ex machina and go 'ah, this is complex and well written'.

It did?

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Goons Are Great posted:

HBO killed it actually. They mercilessly cut it out.

:smith: rip to a real one o7 f

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Lil Peeler posted:

I think this really is what in noise me so much about it. Best response to pointing out these absolutely egregious storytelling flaws is just turn your brain off and enjoy it and at worst it's a personal attack on them.

people don't seem to understand that you can enjoy something or appreciate what it once was and lament where it is now by applying critical thought to it.

Making Daenerys go batshit insane would be a pretty cool and good Arc, if for no other reason than to say look women can be just as shity as men

Posting with speech to text is cheating. You need to type poo poo out in order to grind up your post count like the rest of us

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
“We should make the Dragon the King.”
“What?”
“Are you going to tell it no? It’s the only one that does the heavy lifting.”

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I am riding with my tiger theory and the way things are heading it wouldn't be any less stupid.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I hope Davos gets the fook out of there and lives a nice happy life on the sea or some poo poo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yeah of anyone I will be most upset if Davos dies.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I hope the next episode is full on battle that ends on a cliff hanger.

And the final episode is just 1h30m of a random village in Yi-Ti drinking mojitos and having fun on a tropical beach, and we never shows the outcome of episode 5.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Medieval Medic posted:

I hope the next episode is full on battle that ends on a cliff hanger.

And the final episode is just 1h30m of a random village in Yi-Ti drinking mojitos and having fun on a tropical beach, and we never shows the outcome of episode 5.

This but I'd add Daario taking literally everything made of gold in Meereenee and swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Barristan Selmy, legendary badass who could still wreck fools 1/3 his age, died like a punk so Grey Worm could have the defining character moment of looking like he had bad gas while Missandei falls headless to the ground.

lmao

Laterite fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 9, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dany's dumbest thing ever was in season 1, when she asked a woman whose village the Dothraki had just destroyed, who was being raped when Dany wandered by, to heal her injured khal. Because, you know, sorry about your family being enslaved or dead but pretty please heal the man responsible?

Selmy died like a bitch just because Dany couldn't have TWO advisers from Westeros, that poo poo ain't possible.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Been looking at clips from seasons 1-4 on Youtube and the show just looks way better back then. It's more dynamic, more alive. There's a scene where Margery visits an orphanage and it looks so much more real, whereas these later seasons feel like they're all soundstage and green screens.

Also, thinking about it, I wonder if the show feels so rushed and looks so lovely because they're spending some percentage of their budget on fake scenes in an attempt to prevent spoilers.

What's worse, an awesome show that gets spoiled, or a lovely show where there's multiple fake spoilers floating around so no one knows what's REALLY going to happen (but can narrow it down to what seems to be a mostly binary list of possibilities).

Not saying that D&D would be capable of an awesome show even if they weren't blowing money and production time filming fake out scenes...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This but I'd add Daario taking literally everything made of gold in Meereenee and swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

bring back season 3 daario instead of season 4 daario

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

David Benioff described how the Missandei/Grey Worm romance grew as the series progressed: “This evolved, frankly, because these two actors who were supposed to have quite small parts just impressed us. And then it became very interesting to us: What if there was some kind of attraction here, because it’s almost the ultimate Romeo and Juliet story. How is it possible for there to be a love story between a young woman and a young eunuch?”

loll

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mcvey posted:

I hope Davos gets the fook out of there and lives a nice happy life on the sea or some poo poo

In my head, he’s gonna help Gendry rule the Stormlands :unsmith:

Also, I wanted to type Landry there for some reason and now I’m imagining Jesse Plemons on GoT

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Finale got leaked it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

He got fired since he had the gall to ask slightly more money per episode.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

A Handed Missus posted:

David Benioff described how the Missandei/Grey Worm romance grew as the series progressed: “This evolved, frankly, because these two actors who were supposed to have quite small parts just impressed us. And then it became very interesting to us: What if there was some kind of attraction here, because it’s almost the ultimate Romeo and Juliet story. How is it possible for there to be a love story between a young woman and a young eunuch?”

loll

Hearing them talk in these post-episode featurettes is really revealing at how much of a mess the plotting has become. After episode 3, one of them says that we're seeing "the end of the Dothraki, essentially" only for the next episode to reveal that Danerys still has half her forces left. She "forgot about" Euron's fleet even though there's a war council scene where everyone talks about it. It's like sitcom writing where no episode has any bearing on any other, the characters remain static and everything is reset by the end of the episode.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 9, 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Damo posted:

Barry is really awesome for the black humor and also perfectly captures the weirder aspects of LA.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Hearing them talk in these post-episode featurettes is really revealing at how much of a mess the plotting has become. After episode 3, one of them says that we're seeing "the end of the Dothraki, essentially" only for the next episode to reveal that Danerys still has half her forces left. She "forgot about" Euron's fleet even though there's a war council scene where everyone talks about it. It's like sitcom writing where no episode has any bearing on any other, the characters remain static and everything is reset by the end of the episode.

it's great because dnd clearly don't give a poo poo at all

except when they got a little bit excited about their cameo in ep 4

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The end of the Dothraki? It didn't really look like there were more than a couple of thousand in that charge at most. I mean Drogo was supposed to have 50 000 warriors alone (which probably puts his entire following, with women and children, at some 200-300 000), he was powerful to be sure, but it's clearly stated that there were many more hordes out there.

One figures there would at least be several hundred thousand to a couple of million of them in all. Though you never should underestimate how stupid the people writing this have gotten and how little thought they give to what they write.

etalian posted:

He deserved more money. He was perfect for the part.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

etalian posted:

I thought he quit to reboot the Transporter movies. *fart*

The latest movie I heard he's in is that Netlix pile of crap, Tau. (Haven't watched it).

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

A Handed Missus posted:

loll

Is anyone else irritated by the term 'evolved' being used in ever more ridiculous ways

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bobby Digital posted:

In my head, he’s gonna help Gendry rule the Stormlands :unsmith:

The only characters left that I give the slightest poo poo about now are the Hound and Davos.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Didn't someone mention that Selmy's actor wanted off the show? Because if that is the reason he died it kind of sucks that they didn't recast him (as cool as the actors was.) I say that because we probably would have gotten Selmy knighting Brienne before the big fight which would have added some pop to it. One of the greatest knights of the realm ever knights the first woman on the eve with the battle with literal death itself.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

A Handed Missus posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Trast posted:

Didn't someone mention that Selmy's actor wanted off the show? Because if that is the reason he died it kind of sucks that they didn't recast him (as cool as the actors was.) I say that because we probably would have gotten Selmy knighting Brienne before the big fight which would have added some pop to it. One of the greatest knights of the realm ever knights the first woman on the eve with the battle with literal death itself.

I think the actor wasn't happy with the way his character was going and talked to the producers about it. So rather than listen to him and his thoughts they killed him off.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Showtimes Spartacus Daario sucked.

@ me

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

why does everything i like turn to complete garbage?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

dr.acula posted:

What could common factor be? :thunk:

But seriously, I think it's the auteur phenomenon.

Thing gets popular. Credited person gets all credit and allowed to run with singular vision (when almost all media is a huge group effort with not assholes not getting credit) and allowed to run buckwild without oversight.

See

The hobbit
Star wars prequels
Metal gear

It's really not helping the season breaking records cause....that's all the numbers getting seen, guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dr.acula posted:

There's one constant factor