Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I got the sense in that scene that Flash was extremely surprised at the events transpiring and his reaction time was affected. Superman is in full fight mode trying to land punches and Flash is tripping over himself. Fantastic scene, really. Probably the best scene in the movie. The facial expressions Cavill does are just awesome. It's amazing what he can do when he can use his own mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bogus Adventure posted:

Didn't Robert Rodriguez direct Alita? Cameron wrote the story (based on Yukito Kishiro's work), but Rodriguez put it all together.

Rodriguez technically directed Alita but it's also very obvious from watching the movie that Cameron had his arm up Rodriguez's rear end like a hand puppet

Like there's small aesthetic touches that'll make you go "oh yeah, this is Rodriguez not Cameron, duh" like the Aztec sun design on Zapan's back, but other than that kind of thing it is a Cameron-rear end Cameron movie

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
That's one thing that bugged me about Superman even from the comics. Flash's niche is speed, so let him (and associated speedsters) just be unequivocally the fastest, there's no need for Supes to even be able to come close.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

That's one thing that bugged me about Superman even from the comics. Flash's niche is speed, so let him (and associated speedsters) just be unequivocally the fastest, there's no need for Supes to even be able to come close.

In the comics Flash is always faster without exception (past the silver age).

They've even had fun retcon of Superman trying to get Barry Allen saying "You can't outrun me forever, Flash, I've tied you in races before", then Barry turning around, running backwards, and saying "Those races were for charity, Clark" before leaving him in the dust

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 8, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They've even had fun retcon of Superman trying to get Barry Allen saying "You can't outrun me forever, Flash, I've tied you in races before", then Barry turning around, running backwards, and saying "Those races were for charity, Clark" before leaving him in the dust

That's awesome.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Ok that's pretty funny, complaint retracted.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They made five movies and 4.5 billion dollars out of a five minute theme park ride.

Ah, yes. How could I forget about the Haunted Mansion franchise? And Tomorrowland trilogy?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tomorrowland was a flop to the degree that it not only ended its own sequels, it also ended Tron 3. That's something to be proud of.

I wonder if Brad Bird ever regrets passing on The Force Awakens in order to do Tomorrowland instead.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh not that, I meant the race at the end.

BTW when I was checking the old Batman v Superman thread for a post I found that I basically called "Superman takes on the entire Justice League and clowns them because Snyder loves Superman" like 2 weeks after BvS, it was totally obvious that was gonna happen because even Snyder isn't immune to the "make Superman more super" impulse that causes so many problems with the character.

I dunno. I feel like there was supposed to be a Superman v. Justice League moment, but I don't know if it was supposed to come from the resurrection. I loved Batman v. Superman, especially because of how it ended with the dust starting to shake and hover above Clark's casket. It was either hinting that he was still alive, or that something was about to happen to him. Given all the Darkseid hints, I my guess was that he was going to be boomtubed up to Apokolips and turned into Darkseid's tool to conquer Earth. Obviously, I was very wrong (hell, they even took out the final Darkseid stinger). Justice League took a really weird turn, probably from WB screaming for Snyder to copy the Avengers, and then hiring Joss Tweedon to finish it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chairman Capone posted:

Tomorrowland was a flop to the degree that it not only ended its own sequels, it also ended Tron 3. That's something to be proud of.

I wonder if Brad Bird ever regrets passing on The Force Awakens in order to do Tomorrowland instead.

Lol, he might have finally ended all these Star Wars, lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bogus Adventure posted:

Ah, yes. How could I forget about the Haunted Mansion franchise?

I'm sure that Eddie Murphy wishes he could forget it. :v:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

I dunno. I feel like there was supposed to be a Superman v. Justice League moment, but I don't know if it was supposed to come from the resurrection.
I can't speak for any pre-production stuff that changed later on, but the Superman vs League stuff was shot by Snyder (though his interaction with Batman was from Whedon).

I do get the feeling he wasn't totally on board with what the studio wanted from the film, though. Darkseid's production codename was Keating, after a character in The Fountainhead who (according to wikipedia) is "a conformist who bases his choices on what others want."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Robot Style posted:

I can't speak for any pre-production stuff that changed later on, but the Superman vs League stuff was shot by Snyder (though his interaction with Batman was from Whedon).

I do get the feeling he wasn't totally on board with what the studio wanted from the film, though. Darkseid's production codename was Keating, after a character in The Fountainhead who (according to wikipedia) is "a conformist who bases his choices on what others want."

Every time I start thinking about Justice League it makes me want to cry. I know I'm in the minority because I enjoyed the Snyder's take on the DCEU, and seeing what Whedon and the studio turned it into was incredibly soul-crushing. Whedon paste in Superman and Batman themes from different versions showed just how little respect they had for the series. Ugh. This is outside of the Snyder-containment zone, so I'll shut up.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Justice League would have been a much better film if they had just inexplicably left the mustache visible in the reshot scenes without referencing it in film at all.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Justice League would have been a much better film if they had just inexplicably left the mustache visible in the reshot scenes without referencing it in film at all.

Few people know about Superman's "Super Mustache" powers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should grow it back and be the bad guy dad in Invincible whenever that gets adapted (assuming it's not already a Seth Rogen produced straight to Amazon series)

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I want to know if/how Snyder would have integrated Eisenberg's Luthor into Darkseid's minions, like as a new version of Godfrey

Sigh

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blood Boils posted:

I want to know if/how Snyder would have integrated Eisenberg's Luthor into Darkseid's minions, like as a new version of Godfrey

Sigh

:same:

My guess was that he was Desaad in disguise, hence the blood magic used to create Doomsday. Godfrey would have worked, too.

I just wanted a New Gods v. The Justice League movie. I was so close to seeing it. :negative:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I could see Snyder having Superman finally gaining some form of super speed by Justice League, while still not being as fast as The Flash or precise as Wonder Woman. He (or Zod or Nam-ek) definitely didn't have it in MoS (Fiora had some form of precision, at least), and he only had some reaction in BvS by catching Batman's canister.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That scene with Superman vs the Justice League was directed by Snyder, as was the beginning where Steppenwolf attacks the Amazons which was probably the second coolest scene. Both those scenes were great and got me excited for what could potentially come next but... well, you know.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That scene with Superman vs the Justice League was directed by Snyder, as was the beginning where Steppenwolf attacks the Amazons which was probably the second coolest scene. Both those scenes were great and got me excited for what could potentially come next but... well, you know.

I say it every time it comes up, but WB and Whedon tossing out Cyborg's storyline annoys me so loving much.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

LesterGroans posted:

I say it every time it comes up, but WB and Whedon tossing out Cyborg's storyline annoys me so loving much.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

The complaint about Cyborg was that he's a bland character and they threw out the first interesting thing done with the character since the 80s.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teaser for HBO's Watchmen series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2mJV9SJSSQ

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
wtf at The Phantom having a 4.9 on imdb

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bogus Adventure posted:

Ah, yes. How could I forget about the Haunted Mansion franchise? And Tomorrowland trilogy?

Pirates.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Disposable Scud posted:

Purple spandex is stupid

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Disposable Scud posted:

The Phantom, The Shadow, and The Rocketeer are all criminally underrated. They could've recaptured that pulpy tone with the Spirit but Frank Miller decided to make it a Sin City spoof instead.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

pospysyl posted:

Purple spandex is stupid

nah

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ruddiger posted:

The Phantom, The Shadow, and The Rocketeer are all criminally underrated. They could've recaptured that pulpy tone with the Spirit but Frank Miller decided to make it a Sin City spoof instead.

The Rocketeer is loving great but I'm kinda eh on the other two.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The Rocketeer is every Marvel movie formula done right, and Timothy Dalton adds to anything hes in.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Darko posted:

The Rocketeer is every Marvel movie formula done right, and Timothy Dalton adds to anything hes in.

I love that movie. Everything about it is beautiful: the story, the action, the musical score, and the ending. It's just perfect, and manages to include Terry O'Quinn and Melora Hardin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpmJkPNJ2VM

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I give The Shadow a lot of credit just for how loving weird it is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Jimmy Cameron continuing a long tradition of congratulating others on their successes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1126261452120023040?s=21

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I'm not convinced by the argument, but wow all those people in the replies saying this shot is in every movie then posting a completely dissimilar shot.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

josh04 posted:

I'm not convinced by the argument, but wow all those people in the replies saying this shot is in every movie then posting a completely dissimilar shot.

The Twins one was pretty funny, though.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jimmy Cameron continuing a long tradition of congratulating others on their successes:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/04/james-cameron-avatar-godfather-avengers?verso=true

Life comes at you fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

That article was posted literally the week that Infinity War came out. How wrong can one person possibly be?