Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

I decided to try some breeding and a 6IV Mareep hatches! Shame it's female and so can't give those stats to anything but Mareeps.

But now you can use her to breed a strong boy to do weird interspecies breeding that shouldn't be thought about.

Ugh, I never bothered with happiness before and my Azurill is level 19 before the second gym. Time to run in circles on route 3 forever since she's currently the second strongest member of the Blue Squad and I'd like aqua tail instead of bubble beam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Lillie is actually swole as all gently caress and nothing you say can change my mind.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Nothing can stop Lillie after she released her weighted-training-Nebby.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lillie is the protagonist and link is a girl

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Super No Vacancy posted:

drat it's true

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Can the Eon Ticket in ORAS be obtained through online StreetPass or not? And if so, how does it work? I’ve tried googling this but there’s a lot of conflicting information.

It's sent through the streetpass application. I don't know about the different homebrew methods but heading to an anime convention for a day usually results in getting it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Well yeah man, that much is a given. Our player character is just some obscenely strong rando who hovers on the edge of the actual plot smiling blankly at the proceedings.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
OR has some really nice QoL stuff for fine-tuning Pokémon. DexNav for rooting them out and getting HAs and egg moves. An infinite biking loop next to the hatchery and IV judge. Blissey Bases for incredible leveling speed. Secret Pals to toss out free chunks of EVs every day. Outside of the odd Friend Safari for things that can't spawn in OR I really don't even look at my X game now that I beat it. I hope we get equal niceties in Sword/Shield.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I always forget about struggle until I first turn throw a pokeball at Smeargle and watch it kill itself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone with XY or ORAS mind trading a Latios back and forth to me so I can get it in my Dex? I really want that Oval Charm. If you're on Omega Ruby I can even trade Latias so you can get a dex entry too.

EDIT: Friend code is 4356-5724-6402

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 9, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Friends, I have URGENT NEWS

As we all know, in Let's Go Eevee you can pet your little Eevee and make her go brrrrrrrrrr and say YEA BOI and get powerful abilities. You can also flick her little ears and tail and they go *sproing*

But DID YOU KNOW you can also pinch her little cheeks!! You can! It's true! I'm doing it right now!!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god the Food Court Triple Battles are such horseshit. You need to beat all 8 trainers in one turn for the best reward and they do stuff like this:

- Lilligant with Teeter Dance, which confuses all your Pokemon(except her two Lilckilicky team members with Own Tempo) and if any of them miss you've probably lost since Lickilicky is pretty tanky.

- A Triple intimidate team with more tanky Pokemon. Hope you don't rely on physical attackers!

- Triple Whimsicott with Wide Lens(increases accuracy) and Stun Spore.

- And I haven't actually gotten to this part yet, but the final guy's team all have King's Rocks(10% chance to flinch you)

They're only level 65(final trainer is 75) but I feel like this must be balanced around the player having a level 100 team. Maybe my team just happens to be ill-suited for this. I guess I should probably just use legendaries or properly EV train my team.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 9, 2019

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

But DID YOU KNOW you can also pinch her little cheeks!! You can! It's true! I'm doing it right now!!!

:kimchi:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Friends, I have URGENT NEWS

As we all know, in Let's Go Eevee you can pet your little Eevee and make her go brrrrrrrrrr and say YEA BOI and get powerful abilities. You can also flick her little ears and tail and they go *sproing*

It is criminally adorable.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

RatHat posted:

Oh my god the Food Court Triple Battles are such horseshit.

- A Triple intimidate team with more tanky Pokemon. Hope you don't rely on physical attackers!

They also spam snarl iirc. Yeah, it's bullshit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1126523489643528192

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Anyone with XY or ORAS mind trading a Latios back and forth to me so I can get it in my Dex? I really want that Oval Charm. If you're on Omega Ruby I can even trade Latias so you can get a dex entry too.

EDIT: Friend code is 4356-5724-6402

You still on? I can Lati-swap with you. I have OR and Latios.

edit HOLY MOLY how did I not know Oval Charms existed? I have been spending so much time spinning up Eggs without one uuugggghhhh

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 9, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The thing with Cosmoem (and Celesteela's) weight is they're at 999.99 in the dex. Is that their weight or have they just exceeded the display?

Cosmoem could be 100 000kg for all we know.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

A Sometimes Food posted:

The thing with Cosmoem (and Celesteela's) weight is they're at 999.99 in the dex. Is that their weight or have they just exceeded the display?

I’m convinced that actual scales just don’t exist in the Pokemon world, so the numbers in the Pokédex are as made up by the ten-year-olds who write the entries. Just like all that gibberish like Grimer coming to life from X-rays from the moon and the like.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

There are pokemon with heavier listed weights.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mina is a lot of fun in the cartoon. is she just in the one episode?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

There are pokemon with heavier listed weights.

no there aren't

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Cosmog and Kartana are the lightest Pokémon and Cosmoem and Celesteela are the heaviest

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Mina is a lot of fun in the cartoon. is she just in the one episode?

Yeah just a character of the day.

I'm pretty sure her Sun and Moon incarnation is in her 20s (due to special circumstances) so she wouldn't be hanging around with middle school kids.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dehry posted:

Yeah just a character of the day.

I'm pretty sure her Sun and Moon incarnation is in her 20s (due to special circumstances) so she wouldn't be hanging around with middle school kids.

I mean, Professor Burnett agreed to attend a sleepover with all the ten year olds, I’m not going to assume anything about who hangs out with who

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mina's a wandering artist, so it makes sense that she shows up once and then vanishes off the face of the planet

That, and there's no Trial Captains in the anime, so she's made even less relevant, which is disappointing - everyone was hoping she'd give Lillie a Fairy-Z so Shiron isn't just an arm-warmer, but they slapped an Ice-Z on her, forgot about it for 50 episodes then decided "Whoops, it's League time, better give everyone a Z-Ring so they can compete in something none of them are suited for or have ever shown interest in"

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The -Z they should have given Lillie is a Porygon-Z

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Mina's a wandering artist, so it makes sense that she shows up once and then vanishes off the face of the planet

That, and there's no Trial Captains in the anime, so she's made even less relevant, which is disappointing - everyone was hoping she'd give Lillie a Fairy-Z so Shiron isn't just an arm-warmer, but they slapped an Ice-Z on her, forgot about it for 50 episodes then decided "Whoops, it's League time, better give everyone a Z-Ring so they can compete in something none of them are suited for or have ever shown interest in"

Kiawe and Lana seem like they'd be hype about competing in the league (although doesn't Lana only have the one, first stage pokemon [we're like 20-30ish episodes behind])

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Porygon and its evolutions have still not appeared in the anime since the infamous seizure-inducing episode way back in Season 1 (though the scene in question was technically Pikachu’s fault) have they?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

You had expectations they wouldn't gently caress it up?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

The -Z they should have given Lillie is a Porygon-Z

Then Pikachu causes another epileptic seizure epidemic

Flopsy posted:

You had expectations they wouldn't gently caress it up?

I want to think the best of the anime but drat if they don't make it extremely hard to do so

But hey, good episodes every 20-30 isn't that bad, right?

There's only 72/125 Filler episodes so far

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

Porygon and its evolutions have still not appeared in the anime since the infamous seizure-inducing episode way back in Season 1 (though the scene in question was technically Pikachu’s fault) have they?

According to Bulbapedia they've made cameos as graphics on graphs in the anime and floating behind fences in movie openings.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nasgate posted:

According to Bulbapedia they've made cameos as graphics on graphs in the anime and floating behind fences in movie openings.

2 and Z are among the 16 Pokemon (not counting alternate forms) that have appeared in movies and specials but not in episodes: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_anime_debut

Only one Pokemon hasn't appeared in the anime at all: Melmetal.

The other 14 movie/special only Pokemon are a bunch of Legendaries/Mythicals (especially from Gens V and VI), plus Klang for some reason.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 9, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

indigi posted:

Kiawe and Lana seem like they'd be hype about competing in the league (although doesn't Lana only have the one, first stage pokemon [we're like 20-30ish episodes behind])

You're still about to enter year 3 of SM. Lets just say that when they announce the league in-show, some wacky power ups start showing up for everyone that's not named Ash.

And Ash may or may not get a power up thanks to time travel. TR's roster looks like they may legit get in the League and kick rear end for a few rounds, even.

Vinylshadow posted:

I wouldn't say they forgot about her Z-move, it's more that battling is mostly irrelevant in this season of the anime, so now that it's going to become somewhat important, battle stuff gets brought to the front. But fishing is more important.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 9, 2019

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You're still about to enter year 3 of SM. Lets just say that when they announce the league in-show, some wacky power ups start showing up for everyone that's not named Ash.

And Ash may or may not get a power up thanks to time travel. TR's roster looks like they may legit get in the League and kick rear end for a few rounds, even.

At this point, everyone except Mallow has a Z-ring, and they all have at least two Pokémon in their possession (Even Lillie now has a Magearna although its currently inactive).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zuzie posted:

At this point, everyone except Mallow has a Z-ring, and they all have at least two Pokémon in their possession (Even Lillie now has a Magearna although its currently inactive).

3 if they battle with their ride pokemon. And, well, this week's episode is

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

3 if they battle with their ride pokemon.

The Ride Pokemon belong to the Aether Foundation though, and renting them for the League would be a tad unfair, don't you think? Especially with the mythicals swarming around
They're also horrifically terrible fighters

Still, if it means Ash gets to be somebody's Tobias or Alain, who am I to deny the anime its schadenfreude?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Eh, Kiawe gets to use his and Sophocles actually battled with Metang in one episode. I feel like their Ride Pokemon would just fill and balance their teams for battle, the only one who would come out seemingly OP would be Mallow.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zuzie posted:

At this point, everyone except Mallow has a Z-ring,

gently caress this bullshit!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey RatHat, check the Pokemon Trading Thread. I'm going to post a list of the things I have to see to complete my Hoenn Pokedex. You post a list too. Then we can figure out how to help each other get 100% seen and score Oval Charms. I will be at home and online in OR in a few hours.