Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Saw one video of a guy playing Thunderstruck until he got brained with an eveningstar.

e: gently caress, page snipe

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like horde mode scales in difficulty way too quickly for the amount of points you get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

This is my killer.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Saw one video of a guy playing Thunderstruck until he got brained with an eveningstar.

e: gently caress, page snipe

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like horde mode scales in difficulty way too quickly for the amount of points you get?
idk you end up having to cheese it ranged regardless and that starts with the compound bow at only 100

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
This set up got me the Unstoppable cheevo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

McSpanky posted:

Is the war axe the only melee weapon that has no alt mode? Hell, even the maul can be thrown! (which is the most humiliating throw kill for my money, it only goes about 30 feet even with a sky-high arc) Seems like it should get the same grip mod as the evening star.

Executioner sword too.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
How likely are they to actually nerf the rapier/shield combo? I get poo poo talked constantly for it and it did take me from like a 1/2 KDA to a >1.5 KDA instantly, every game, which is insane.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just LOL if you are not mashing Randomise Face every time you make a new character

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I feel like they should make drags either not work or significantly less effective for thrusts. That would probably go a long way to making it so everybody isn't using rapier/short spear or a 2 handed sword and just thrusting all day. It's kind of irritating to have somebody clearly miss you then all of a sudden you get hit for a sizable chunk of HP.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

TheAardvark posted:

How likely are they to actually nerf the rapier/shield combo? I get poo poo talked constantly for it and it did take me from like a 1/2 KDA to a >1.5 KDA instantly, every game, which is insane.

Have no idea what the devs intend to do but this should be on the list.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

McSpanky posted:

Is the war axe the only melee weapon that has no alt mode? Hell, even the maul can be thrown! (which is the most humiliating throw kill for my money, it only goes about 30 feet even with a sky-high arc) Seems like it should get the same grip mod as the evening star.
How DARE you, are you implying...

Babe Magnet posted:

The war axe doesn't have an alt grip mode because it's perfect as it is.
Yes. That.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Diogines posted:

How DARE you, are you implying...

Yes. That.

Upon further reflection, in the blood-slickened blade of my glorious war axe as it beheads another mongrel zweihanding knave, complaint rescinded.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah I just tried out a Greatsword dude and even as a complete scrublord wow those face pokes really are something.

EDIT: being on blue team sucks though because if you get bloodied up and step back from a fight to heal your teammates will constantly mistake you for a red player and hit you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah I wish it was Blue vs Some Color Not The Same Color As Blood

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Voyager I posted:

Yeah I just tried out a Greatsword dude and even as a complete scrublord wow those face pokes really are something.

EDIT: being on blue team sucks though because if you get bloodied up and step back from a fight to heal your teammates will constantly mistake you for a red player and hit you.

Hopefully, after the most recent update and hotfix, everyone will hit 'H' to turn on team indicators and make this slightly less of an issue.

Narrator: "Nobody hit 'H'."

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 9, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the team colors should be green/yellow, really. High contrast, no way to make a mistake.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

have at them, boys!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Played a few games now and my Chivalry time is starting to come back to me.

Once you get a handle on the controls it becomes a lot easier to beat the swing spammers as you can just chamber their swings and murder them.

Was playing Frontline and I was the only guy defending the King downstairs. Was really fun to choke people up in the doorways and murder them with the Arming sword.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheAardvark posted:

They're thinking about nerfing shields and/or buffing kicks.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Here's my fat guy in Greenwhich-style armor that I'm usually running. The morion is anachronistic but my level isn't high enough for the more proper burgonet and I like it anyway.

And here's the more medium/light armor style that I use for point-heavy stuff like the spear and halberd. Most of this set was bought with today's patch cash.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah the team colors should be green/yellow, really. High contrast, no way to make a mistake.

I really can't believe that they've kept the blue/red team colour scheme from chiv in a game where you get covered in blood constantly

so loving stupid

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hahaha holy poo poo if you crouch-walk over beartraps it doesn't set them off

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I really can't believe that they've kept the blue/red team colour scheme from chiv in a game where you get covered in blood constantly

so loving stupid

its good

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

soy posted:

I think I've seen people use racist slurs like once or twice, big deal. At least there's no voip.

Phlegmish posted:

I haven't noticed anything like that, either, just a lot of players hating on archers or spear + shield guys.

Man I wish I had your luck. Most times I load up Mordhau I feel like I've wandered into 4chan.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Who needs a shield or armour, really? Just throw a smoke bomb and stab them in the face with a rapier as they wander out.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

hahaha holy poo poo if you crouch-walk over beartraps it doesn't set them off

Don't tell people!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

cerebral posted:

This is my killer.

How did you get a hood and a mask?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I've been playing a poo poo load of duel servers and getting mad but i'm obsessed and oh god is the skill ceiling high. I was regularly topping servers and convinced i was king poo poo until some guy came on and fought every single person on the server individually without getting hit a single time and ending the map 30-0. 3 levels to the painted sallet!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hommando posted:

hood is a neck slot option separate from helmet

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just spent a couple hours in a duel server, and drat I should have tried that sooner. Everyone was super chill and respectful, even the high level messerpros. It was neat for a change of pace from frontlines to actually use the various feints and morphs instead of just spamming attacks nonstop.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

got a duplicate gold offer

can't wait to see the stats on that if/when they release them

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Hommando posted:

It's called "Hood Widened" and it's a neck slot option. Only works with certain helmets. Forgive the reddit link, but someone else already did the heavy lifting. https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/bm9j8s/helmets_that_work_with_the_hood_up_hood_widened/

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Right now the biggest problem weapons are the rapier and the short spear, especially with a shield they are faster than other weapons that are guaranteed two hit kills on stab by a good margin. The executioner sword is probably a little OP since it does so well against armor and cleaves through enemies constantly but the end result is it’s a 2 hit kill most of the time unless enemies are unarmored.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Kind of wish they'd steal M&B's speed multipliers for damage calculations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Wheeee posted:

got a duplicate gold offer

can't wait to see the stats on that if/when they release them

I am a dishonorable knave and absolutely hit "accept" on the second offer popup.
... It didn't give any extra money.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Right now the biggest problem weapons are the rapier and the short spear, especially with a shield they are faster than other weapons that are guaranteed two hit kills on stab by a good margin. The executioner sword is probably a little OP since it does so well against armor and cleaves through enemies constantly but the end result is it’s a 2 hit kill most of the time unless enemies are unarmored.

Neither rapier nor shortspear can kill in two hits against medium or heavy body armor, though the short spear does just barely enough damage to do it in two headshots against a medium helmet.
Absolutely possible if you're running around with no pants and they stab you in the ankles, though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 9, 2019

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Kind of wish they'd steal M&B's speed multipliers for damage calculations.

Much as I really like Mordhau it is making appreciate a lot of the little things M&B did.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Relatively speaking it's easy to chamber spears and rapiers, so just go for that. If you're using a weapon that just can't really stab then morph it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gamerofthegame posted:

Relatively speaking it's easy to chamber spears and rapiers, so just go for that. If you're using a weapon that just can't really stab then morph it.

They can still block after a chamber so you absolutely want to throw morphs or feints in anyways.
If they're using a shield (and you're close enough), you can morph the chamber into a kick to get a free hit.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Games more fun with just the little quality of life of seeing where your friends are at, super surprised they didnt launch with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Playing duels is where my couple thousand hours of hours of Chiv paid off. All you really need is one skill: Ignoring feints. You can pretty much pound an axe through even the most try hard dragger eventually if you never flinch... Especially hillarious are the multi feinters who spend 30 stamina in one spastic flail before getting parried like its nothing... Nothings better than powering through it and just smacking aside their weapon when they try and parry you with no stamina and get disarmed and than rocked.

Works real good on shield boys too... better even since the shield engenders passivity. The game rewards aggression and you could mentally picture it as a sort of dance, parrying and blocking costs while swinging and hitting even if its parried or blocked costs nothing. So just beat the loving poo poo out shield boys and eventually they'll lose their shield and probably lose their poo poo too.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 9, 2019