Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Veritas posted:

Yo Switch thread, headed offshore for a while and i'm looking for a or some good local co-op multiplayer (2-3 player) games. Picked up Payday 2 last hitch, and i want something new for this trip.

ULTIMATE
CHICKEN
HORSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Veritas posted:

Yo Switch thread, headed offshore for a while and i'm looking for a or some good local co-op multiplayer (2-3 player) games. Picked up Payday 2 last hitch, and i want something new for this trip.

Crawl

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what's that contact cleaner people use for joycon sticks? my left one sometimes stutters when pointing it down or down-left :(

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Accessory chat, I need a low profile hard case. I don’t need room for accessories. I’ve been keeping mine in the splatoon one that came with my system but it got smooshed in my suitcase and I almost lost a joycon stick.

Suggestions?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

what's that contact cleaner people use for joycon sticks? my left one sometimes stutters when pointing it down or down-left :(

I used this for mine.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Veritas posted:

Tetris 99, pass the controller every couple of games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rolo posted:

Accessory chat, I need a low profile hard case. I don’t need room for accessories. I’ve been keeping mine in the splatoon one that came with my system but it got smooshed in my suitcase and I almost lost a joycon stick.

Suggestions?

The amazon basics one is pretty decent. It's kind of thick, but it's a hard plastic shell.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Rolo posted:

Suggestions?

This one is about as low profile as you can get, though I'm not sure if it's hard enough for your use case: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C3Z8FFC

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Veritas posted:

Just Shapes & Beats.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

Its just character favor, if you make the right choices with each character, you get their ending along the way as you progress to the general "u bartending cool/bad" endings, but its not like its a choose your own adventure game, its a VN.

Yeah, serving the right drinks to the right people (and at the appropriate times) unlocks a LOT of story you otherwise don't see.

That's really the only way the story is affected by player actions (unless you do so bad to fail.)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I used this for mine.

thanks!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Veritas posted:

Towerfall, it has 2 different campaigns for local co-op, one for 1-4 and another for 1-2, both really good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Towerfall, it has 2 different campaigns for local co-op, one for 1-4 and another for 1-2, both really good.

poo poo I forgot this game. This is the correct answer

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Hey Kero Blaster is 30% off if you've had your eye on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6_R7iRYws

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 9, 2019

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Who the gently caress is "Hamster" and how do they have the rights to sell seemingly every arcade game in history for $8? It's an outrageous price point for most of the games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's outrageous about it? They're great ports.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Who the gently caress is "Hamster" and how do they have the rights to sell seemingly every arcade game in history for $8? It's an outrageous price point for most of the games.
Should they be free?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

http://www.hamster.co.jp/

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

$8 is a reasonable price for premium games in series like King of the Fighters, Samurai Shodown, or Metal Slug(although even those games were sold at a much better value in complete anthology collections on other consoles). Most of the games though do not have anywhere near the content or quality to justify $8 IMO. It's just a flat $8 applied to everything whether it's mediocre and short or a classic.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's how all classic ports should be handled imho.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Takoluka posted:

are you playing as Fi or Agatha and still saying this?

Wait. People don't just slam pick Linkle every time? Am I doing it wrong?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

$8 is a reasonable price for premium games in series like King of the Fighters, Samurai Shodown, or Metal Slug(although even those games were sold at a much better value in complete anthology collections on other consoles). Most of the games though do not have anywhere near the content or quality to justify $8 IMO. It's just a flat $8 applied to everything whether it's mediocre and short or a classic.

I'm sure they're treating them as a la carte and one can pick up what they want. $8 is enough to get people to stop and reconsider I feel and not enough for an impulse buy. I did get Night Slashers though because hell yeah zombie beat em up

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Back in the day, I spent $11 in an arcade and beat Time Crisis 2. The PS2 version of TC2 was like $40, and it wasn't even fun unless you had the GunCon 2. I could argue that the game's content didn't justify the price, but I was also getting a taste of the arcade experience without having to go to the mall or buy a giant cabinet. Value's subjective, I guess.

Also, Metal Slug was infamous for having absolutely terrible ports in their compilations. Hamster puts out nearly arcade-perfect ports of these games with some very minimal input lag.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Thanks all. That link I shared was Australian dollars by the way, so $26.50 USD for 128GB can't be that bad, by Australian standards.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Veritas posted:

How is Payday? I’ve never played it at all, just remember it from the press way back. Is it at all playable solo?

E; seconding D3 too - bought it on pc and PS4 but switch is the best definitive version no question.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

Thanks all. That link I shared was Australian dollars by the way, so $26.50 USD for 128GB can't be that bad, by Australian standards.

I paid 50 bucks for a 64gb sd card at JB like a year ago so if that card doesn't have any reviews that say "literally doesn't work with Nintendo switch" then I say get it.

just for curiosity's sake, how much is a 512gb sd card in the states?

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 9, 2019

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

It's a little known fact but if you go into any arcade and put $8 worth of credit into any machine, you then own that machine.

Hamster's ports are very accurate on that aspect as well as others.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I wouldn't mind the $8 price tag so much if they literally ever went on sale

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

squirrelzipper posted:

How is Payday? I’ve never played it at all, just remember it from the press way back. Is it at all playable solo?

E; seconding D3 too - bought it on pc and PS4 but switch is the best definitive version no question.

Assuming it's the same as the PC version, Payday isn't playable solo. You may be able to complete a few missions, but it's meant to be played with a group of 3-4.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fawf posted:

I wouldn't mind the $8 price tag so much if they literally ever went on sale
If you're waiting for a sale, doesn't that mean you definitely do mind the price tag?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I paid 50 bucks for a 64gb sd card at JB like a year ago so if that card doesn't have any reviews that say "literally doesn't work with Nintendo switch" then I say get it.

just for curiosity's sake, how much is a 512gb sd card in the states?

Based on a quick amazon search in the US, a 512gb microsd is like a $100. A 128gb is like $20

I did just find this though, and I'm curious what the scam is.

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Memory...8-2-spons&psc=1

Edit: reviews say its a scummy counterfeit card that fails a lot. Makes sense.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
"Screw it, let's be Wipeout instead."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz5Hm-1wbqY

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bold move when Fast RMX exists and Redout shows up in a week

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Alright Picross friends, I am super stuck on Picross S3, puzzle 140 (20x15)

I feel like there's some technique I don't know about to get to the next step. Pointers would be appreciated.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You can make some deductions off of the 3 and 1 in the horizontal 3121 row.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

flatluigi posted:

You can make some deductions off of the 3 and 1 in the horizontal 3121 row.

drat it, I see it now. Thanks!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vegastar posted:

drat it, I see it now. Thanks!

Dont get picross, get piceven

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1126456787773771776?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU