Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Don't be, I'm fighting with the salesperson right now because their guy in training working the lift during delivery dropped the entire pallet of 12x12s breaking 4 and knocking large chunks out of the corners of about 30% of them. Trying to get this resolved, she had the gall to say "you wanted them tumbled so there's an expectation for some to be worn in"

Here's hoping for a swift and easy resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Thanks! Doesn't seem like there will be much unexpected PO nonsense. Almost everything that really matters has been replaced or updated already. Had all the proper inspections done and everything is in order. No horse infestations or anything. It's a meager 1/3 acre anyway so it's Shetland ponies for me if anything. Its enough space for my wife and I, our kids and cats. Been trying to talk the wife into getting a Corgi though. That yard is plenty big for a dog with tiny little legs.

The place has all new appliances as well, aside from a fridge. Been looking at one like this..

Anyone have any advice? We'll be getting a chest freezer so that isn't really an issue. I love the idea of a windowed door. Gotta have an Ice/water dispenser too.

That looks real similar to the one my parents bought 18ish months ago. The door in the door is convenient when you get used to it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

couldcareless posted:

Don't be, I'm fighting with the salesperson right now because their guy in training working the lift during delivery dropped the entire pallet of 12x12s breaking 4 and knocking large chunks out of the corners of about 30% of them. Trying to get this resolved, she had the gall to say "you wanted them tumbled so there's an expectation for some to be worn in"

Here's hoping for a swift and easy resolution.

This is why a lot of places don't deal direct to consumers. Did you not order extra and do you not need to cut any of them?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I had a cut free plan ready, and I did over order, but not to the extent of 30% damage. More to the tune of 5-10%.
This is obviously their fault.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

couldcareless posted:

I had a cut free plan ready, and I did over order, but not to the extent of 30% damage. More to the tune of 5-10%.

Are you new to goons? Everything is your fault and we're all scouring the internet to become experts on this matter.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

couldcareless posted:

Are you saying that 30% of the stones in your photo are unusable?

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow a lot of shop shaming here.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

My cousin works for Adidas, so he got me 50% off these bad boys.

Black Panther Dame 5's

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My cousin works for Adidas, so he got me 50% off these bad boys.

Black Panther Dame 5's

Would kill for a pair of these to use playing soccer.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Those look very much not like soccer boots

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TraderStav posted:

It would be fun to watch you try.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

It would be fun to watch you try.

I meant a pair with studs.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

rockcity posted:

Picked up a few things for a backpacking trip in The Great Smoky Mountains at the end of the month.

Thermarest Prolite Apex Sleeping Pad

Sea to Summit Aeros Premium Pillow

Eagle Nest Outfitters Doublenest Hammock

Jetboil Flash Stove

Hell yeah! Whereabouts in the smokies are you headed?

E: For content, picked up a new tennis racket on fleabay (Wilson Pro Staff 97):

Unfortunately this means that I won’t be able to blame lovely equipment for me sucking anymore :ohdear:

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 09:40 on May 10, 2019

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

TraderStav posted:

They would really hurt the foot, if they don't come unglued in the first half hour of playing that is.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Hell yeah! Whereabouts in the smokies are you headed?

I'm still narrowing all of what we want to hike, but I picked out two pretty easy in and out backcountry sites to camp in, one on the southeast side near Smokemont and one a little southwest of Gatlinburg. I'd like to figure out a couple day hikes to do as well. We're also hitting Dollywood while we're up there and possibly doing some rafting as well.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

rockcity posted:

I'm still narrowing all of what we want to hike, but I picked out two pretty easy in and out backcountry sites to camp in, one on the southeast side near Smokemont and one a little southwest of Gatlinburg. I'd like to figure out a couple day hikes to do as well. We're also hitting Dollywood while we're up there and possibly doing some rafting as well.

Username/post combo disappoints

VISIT ROCK CITY, Chattanooga, TN

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

rockcity posted:

If go karts excite you at all you should stop into Xtreme racing pigeon forge. Best go karts track up that way.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rockcity posted:

I’m doing a 400 mile bike route in the smokies this week in the Cohuttas and Chattahoochee National Forest. I’ll share some deets when I’m done if anything sticks out for hiking. It’s all off road so should be great.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m still very mad that the 5 of 7 days I had in the smokies was a rain filled slog. More like the Soakies. One of these days I’ll go back and see what it’s all about.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

They would really hurt the foot, if they don't come unglued in the first half hour of playing that is.

I'm doing a very poor job of explaining what I think is cool. Give me a proper football boot but have it have the Wakanda coloring and design.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

The Sexual Shiite posted:

it's SEE ROCK CITY

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I lost my Leatherman Wave at work :( Haven't been able to turn it up anywhere.

So I bought a Skeletool lol. It has all the tools I actually use and none of the ones I don't

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Rock city loving owns, it's a literal elf forest gentle enough you might get grandma through it. the fairytale bits are kinda creepy. I loved it. Slam ice picks at the pickle barrel when you go to the noogs

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

HaB posted:

it's SEE ROCK CITY
I bet you could see a lot of states from there.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

ReidRansom posted:

Pretty much! Since 1973!

Like, I think that's actually how they were first made.

Probably a bit of a made in USA premium. But eh that's what a pair of Rainbows cost as well.

:hfive: someone who knows about rainbows bro

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I bought an animation cel. a good one.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Slam ice picks at the pickle barrel when you go to the noogs

what could this possibly mean

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

prayer group posted:

Did he stutter?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

prayer group posted:

Drink vodka that once saw iced tea at the pickle barrel, a restaurant in Chattanooga, a place near rock city

I hope this helps

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I’ve had this pointed out enough times to where I finally had to go there the second time I went to Chatanooga. The username however is Detroit related. Apparently more people likes rocks than Kiss. Sorry Gene.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

rockcity posted:

I’ve had this pointed out enough times to where I finally had to go there the second time I went to Chatanooga. The username however is Detroit related. Apparently more people likes rocks than Kiss. Sorry Gene.

Detroit rules but unfortunately Kiss sucks.

Source: Detroiter

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Detroit rules but unfortunately Kiss sucks.

Source: Detroiter

great show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akCym0JgAxw

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Holy hell they put Joumana in it. I never caught that show and just assumed it would've been some lame Detroit references, not a deep cut like that.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

Art print, to be positioned on wall opposite the front door of my apartment.

Me again. has a new favorite as of 04:51 on May 12, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You look very nice.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

lmao

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

I have the smallest Mission Workshop one. After using it every day for over a year, it still looks brand new.
Lightweight and weatherproof. Often around $100.

Wound up going with the Mission Workshop Fitzroy pack—lotsa space, fairly weather resistant, and pretty durable material. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the recommendation!

Should be perfect for bike commuting and traveling :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Rock city loving owns, it's a literal elf forest gentle enough you might get grandma through it. the fairytale bits are kinda creepy. I loved it. Slam ice picks at the pickle barrel when you go to the noogs

This.

Rock City is super fun.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I bet you could see a lot of states from there.

Five!

Six if you count the pond that's shaped like Georgia.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Wound up going with the Mission Workshop Fitzroy pack—lotsa space, fairly weather resistant, and pretty durable material. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the recommendation!

Should be perfect for bike commuting and traveling :)

Just curious but why 40L? That's :lol: huge for a commuting backpack and overkill for travel if you pack smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Bottom Liner posted:

Just curious but why 40L? That's :lol: huge for a commuting backpack and overkill for travel if you pack smart.

40L to freedom