Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nenonen posted:

I'm calling it: this attempt at forming a government fails

next is Persut: fail
then Kock: fail
then Kepu: also fail
followed by vihr, vas, rkp, kd, everyone fails

and then

it's Liike Nyt's turn to try forming a government: SUCCESS

I was musing about a 1 seat minority government in my head last night! And Hjallis would obviously hold all 18 ministerinsalkku (and collect 18 ministerial salaries, natch!).

And imagine, Paavo would be so jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Ataxerxes posted:

Lokka has his own posters, that simply have about 20+ pictures of him.

:swoon:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

gently caress me, that's actually brilliant.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently my post about EU political groups was topical. Sweden's populist party Swedish Democrats and their leader Jimmie Åkesson did an interview with HS and he's lamenting that Halla-aho and TF are switching from ECR to the newly established EAPN. As you might know, the populist parties are scattered to different political groups due to apparently unbridgeable differences. Swedish Democrats, Polish Law and Order and Marine Le Pen's National Rally are in ECR, while EAPN has "Italian and French pro-Russian" parties like Matteo Salvini's Northern League, which is something Åkesson has trouble understanding why TF are going with them.

So there is a key ideological difference between European populist parties: Russia. If TF are switching to EAPN, it means the new TF are full of Putin lovin' bootlickers.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sulphagnist posted:

gently caress me, that's actually brilliant.

He's too creative to be a real chudmonkey. I think we got a red-green plant here. A rose, among the dung.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

So there is a key ideological difference between European populist parties: Russia. If TF are switching to EAPN, it means the new TF are full of Putin lovin' bootlickers.

Makes sense. I mean, what could be more truly Finnish than Finlandization?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I just listened to Huhtasaari lament about the precious Ostermanni sales that we have lost because of EU, so it makes sense. TF wants a return to bilateraalikauppa.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

They sure are. Halla-Aho is the only one ironically not on that train, because he studied Ukrainian language in university or some poo poo

But idiot right-wingers sucking off daddy Putin is basically given these days, so...

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

You keep telling people that, Simon

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Rappaport posted:

You keep telling people that, Simon

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Another thing about Huhtasaari's EU debate on Narkkitori is the way she was sucking on Viktor Orban's dick which I found funny. GRORIOUS MAGYAR ECONOMY :swoon: :shlick:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Televisiossa joku yritti ostaa huimaus aineita sanoilla "Onko möyhyä?" ja rupesin miettimään että sanooko joku tosissaan paholaisen salaattia möyhyksi vai onko YLEn suomentajalla vain ollut omaa hauskaa?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Rakkaalla lapsella on monta nimeä, mutta tuota en oo kuullut

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stoner culture on suomeksi möyhääjäkulttuuri.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Möyhy on ihan älyttömän vanhaa slangia, mutta ihan korrekti. Kääntäjä mahtaa vaan olla joku gubbe.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Kaj Stenvall capturing a political moment with his oil painting.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Makes for a pretty sweet avatar too

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Televisiossa joku yritti ostaa huimaus aineita sanoilla "Onko möyhyä?" ja rupesin miettimään että sanooko joku tosissaan paholaisen salaattia möyhyksi vai onko YLEn suomentajalla vain ollut omaa hauskaa?

Spoken like a true turku

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
A little too late for the general elections, but alas poor Europe, you will probably get Teuvo Hakkarainen.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
lol kepu

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The EU parliament is where we store our toxic political garbage so sending Huhtasaari and Hakkarainen there checks out. Before it just used to be Centre politicians like Paavo and Anneli Jäätteenmäki.

I wonder if taking in Putinist politicians will be the wedge that drives Halla-aho and his party from each other the same way being taking in racists like Halme and Halla-aho himself got Soini kicked out. Halla-aho's position is probably way too strong for the time being, or he'll just surrender on Russia.

Also, re: the polls: usually there's a winner effect where the election winner gets a boost and the losers lose more ground. I think it's very illustrative that PS and the Greens are getting the boost, but SDP isn't, despite SDP coming in first. They failed expectations and thus got painted as losers.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

A little too late for the general elections, but alas poor Europe, you will probably get Teuvo Hakkarainen.

lol SIN now in "muut", replaced with Harkimo (no point in calling it Liike Nyt)

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sulphagnist posted:

I wonder if taking in Putinist politicians will be the wedge that drives Halla-aho and his party from each other the same way being taking in racists like Halme and Halla-aho himself got Soini kicked out. Halla-aho's position is probably way too strong for the time being, or he'll just surrender on Russia.

I really, really hope that doesn't happen. Much as I find PS to be despicable racists and Halla-aho in particular a bad joke of a party leader, PS going the way of other right wing populist parties and bending over for Putin would be unbelievably awful if they end up actually winning the next elections. We've got enough Russia fuckery as is (see Airiston helmi and how long that whole situation was allowed to continue), I'd rather we not reverse the current trend of trying to reduce that amount.

e: Then again I think it's very possible ousting Halla-aho could just tank the party's popularity, but I'd still rather not gamble on those odds. It's too much of a risk.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
What was the deal with Airiston Helmi? Are you sure you're not over-dramatizing it? I think the current investigation is only pursuing tax evasion and money laundering charges.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The numbers we use aren't arabian, so that's a failed burn.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

They... are, though. :confused: We might not write them like they're written in Arabic but they're known as "Arabic numerals" nonetheless.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

The numbers we use aren't arabian, so that's a failed burn.

https://fi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabialaiset_numerot

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Read the second paragraph

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol ettekö te oo lukenu aku ankkaa, ne numerot on keksitty intiassa

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

I don't really see what that has got to do with them being called arabic numerals

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

HerraS posted:

lol ettekö te oo lukenu aku ankkaa
I stopped when Don Rosa retired. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Siivola posted:

I stopped when Don Rosa retired. :(

Se oli Don Rosan tarinassa!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I guess this thread is on par when we're arguing if he meant the Arabic numerical system or numbers in Arabic.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Herman Merman posted:

What was the deal with Airiston Helmi? Are you sure you're not over-dramatizing it? I think the current investigation is only pursuing tax evasion and money laundering charges.

Yes, because they can't exactly admit that a Russian shell company was buying up land and islands near and around a strategically important shipping route and that this was allowed to continue for years and that the local level officials were paid off to turn a blind eye. The way the operation was run and the places set up was extremely shady to begin with (all the security, the massive construction efforts to deepen the waterways and harbors, the heavy-duty helipad they built, hell they even had cardboard cutouts of people set up to ward off curious neighbors - and all this for a resort that was barely ever open and seemingly had no money coming in or out), but what further reinforces the fact that this wasn't some ordinary holiday resort not paying its taxes is the amount of people they sent in there to raid every single location on the archipelago.

You don't have to be a genius to figure it out and even the media openly speculated around the fact. The tax evasion was the cover they needed to avoid having to accuse Russia of any wrongdoing while the FDF and the police launched a massive operation to clear the place out. Even the taxman doesn't care that much even if they have reason to suspect millions in unpaid taxes. Sure, they might raid your corporate offices but they ain't sending in helicopters and multiple strike teams in a highly coordinated operation unless there's reason to suspect you're involved in something far more shady.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
NC's Petteri Orpo is furious that there are several lobbyists running to and from government coalition talks. While it is a concern worth having, I can't help but feel that Orpo is being slightly disingenuous here, considering the close relations he and his party had with several lobbyists from private health companies.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

NC's Petteri Orpo is furious that there are several lobbyists running to and from government coalition talks. While it is a concern worth having, I can't help but feel that Orpo is being slightly disingenuous here, considering the close relations he and his party had with several lobbyists from private health companies.

I for one look forward to four years of Kok and Persut whining about everything the government parties do while stuck in the opposition, solely because now they're not allowed to do the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

Read the third one.