Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Owlbear Camus posted:

I just think it would feel bad when you're a working class prole and you splurge on some hobby thing to make Capitalist Hell World more bearable because we've been conditioned to spend the pain away.

You figure you can eat ramen for a week and skip that first run movie with the guys. Then it falls through and instead of getting the money back to reallocate to suppliment your diet of starch with some protein or maybe actually go to the movie, but nah, some multinational conglomerate is going to hang on to what to them is a pittance and to you half a paycheck for an arbitrary period of time.

I'm sure this take is going to get me jumped on by the Calvinist moralizers who want poors to stay in their lane (ItS a LuXuRy ItEm).

Insult to injury I got the first of two refunds back and instead of putting it directly into the account it came out of, Paypal parks it there and makes you manually pull it out (another day to checking, or a 1% fee for instant through your debit card.) Everybody getting their vig off a raw deal but nah it's the consumers who are wrong for feeling "entitled" to get what they paid for.

not an emptyquote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Framboise posted:

popular youtuber was just revealed to have been cheating on his wife and apparently is a malignant sex pest and propositioned minors as well

There's a lot of this now and it's because of people (almost always men) taking advantage of how easy it is to develop a cult of celebrity on the internet combined with having direct access to their fans.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Owlbear Camus posted:

I just think it would feel bad when you're a working class prole and you splurge on some hobby thing to make Capitalist Hell World more bearable because we've been conditioned to spend the pain away.

You figure you can eat ramen for a week and skip that first run movie with the guys. Then it falls through and instead of getting the money back to reallocate to suppliment your diet of starch with some protein or maybe actually go to the movie, but nah, some multinational conglomerate is going to hang on to what to them is a pittance and to you half a paycheck for an arbitrary period of time.

I'm sure this take is going to get me jumped on by the Calvinist moralizers who want poors to stay in their lane (ItS a LuXuRy ItEm).

Insult to injury I got the first of two refunds back and instead of putting it directly into the account it came out of, Paypal parks it there and makes you manually pull it out (another day to checking, or a 1% fee for instant through your debit card.) Everybody getting their vig off a raw deal but nah it's the consumers who are wrong for feeling "entitled" to get what they paid for.

:cheers:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eej posted:

There's a lot of this now and it's because of people (almost always men) taking advantage of how easy it is to develop a cult of celebrity on the internet combined with having direct access to their fans.

i think that saying "now" is probably giving past generations far more credit than they deserve

its just now the evidence is automatically saved for posterity

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
Tying up $500 for 2 weeks is pretty outrageous regardless of who it is. There is zero reason the refunds couldn't have been made in a timelier manner.

lol wtf is this?

I ain't sharing this shithole with my real friends.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Hellsau posted:

You're allowed to put in as many basic lands as you want. Given the truly ludicrous card quality, you should be running 18 lands, and 19 isn't out of the question - you have Chandra, Sarkhan, Bolas, Bontu and Kaya.

Also Saheeli's Silverwing and Ahn-Crop Invader are both perfectly playable cards, especially compared to some other stuff in there like Liliana's Triumph (bad card, don't play it).

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

What does Calvinism have to do with spending 500 dollars on cardboard rectangles lmao

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh no, I'm just saying that minor celebrity is far easier to get "now" than before and access is unprecedented.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

poo poo is weak posted:

Tying up $500 for 2 weeks is pretty outrageous regardless of who it is. There is zero reason the refunds couldn't have been made in a timelier manner.

yeah but there's also zero reason that the systems involved couldn't sell only the correct amount of product sooooooooooooooo

if i were hasbro and all the systems cocked up this bad i'd be waiting until i was sure before issuing refunds too

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eej posted:

Oh no, I'm just saying that minor celebrity is far easier to get "now" than before and access is unprecedented.

again you're giving past generations far too much credit

it's just minor celebrities are national instead of regional now

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Shadow225 posted:

What does Calvinism have to do with spending 500 dollars on cardboard rectangles lmao

The impulse to chide The Poors for their profligacy and lack of a sense of sober asceticism is very much rooted in protestant ideas about work and frugality, my good binch.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

kalvanoo posted:

just give your money to the chinese counterfeit guys so they can improve their product to the point where its indistinguishable and the entire secondary market collapses

inshallah

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Sickening posted:

The timeline is epic.

He posts on twitter saying he is divorcing his wife and for everyone to respect their privacy blah blah blah.

Wife gets wind of it because he didn't tell her, she tells the world that not only did he block her and all friends on social media, he actually cheated on her for a year with a fellow streamer. She goes on full transparency mode and releases all the juice.

The person he cheated on her with is the first reply in his divorce notification, letting him know she is there for him. Lies and says she has nothing to do with anything.

Turns out he is a total sex pest who sends out nudes and asks for nudes from everyone he comes in contact with and fucks anything he can.

Internet celebs is better than any of that cheap reality tv bullshit.

A woman also just posted on twitter that he solicited nudes from her when she was 16:

https://twitter.com/chaitemporary/s...agenumber%3D606

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 9, 2019

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

A big flaming stink posted:

A woman also just posted on twitter that he solicited nudes from her when she was 16:

https://twitter.com/chaitemporary/s...agenumber%3D606

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

This story was the number 1 thing trending on twitter last night. Life is amazing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Man, if you're scummy be scummy all you want, but why the gently caress let your stupid horniness lead you to do very serious illegal poo poo IN WRITING!?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

odiv posted:

Man, if you're scummy be scummy all you want, but why the gently caress let your stupid horniness lead you to do very serious illegal poo poo IN WRITING!?

Every twitter post where Holly is the first comment doesn't age well.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

odiv posted:

man this doesn't scratch the surface of stupid poo poo people have put in writing

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

evilweasel posted:

man this doesn't scratch the surface of stupid poo poo people have put in writing

yeah, this thread is about 89000 posts of proof

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Man they are gonna have to come up with a new word for "male feminist" because enough of them have turned out to be sex weirds that it's pretty much soured the brand. Josh Whedon was merely the harbinger.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 9, 2019

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Man they are gonna have to come up with a new word for "male feminist" because enough of them have turned out to be sex weirds that it's pretty much soured the brand. Jush Whedon was merely the harbinger.

The trick is to never identify as a male feminist and just... act like one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

suicidesteve posted:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

suicidesteve posted:

Yep, you never have to point out how you're not terrible if you're just not terrible from the start.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Owlbear Camus posted:

So under this picture you paint, the carbon blob from sector 7G is going to eat the Mythic Edition if they actually recieved it? If someone is such a corpfucker that they're going to skip meals to buy wizard squares, maybe it's for the best that the sale fell through. At least the people that take out a loan to get an expensive purse end up with a thing they can put their poo poo into.

ALAS HOW WILL I BUY DUMB poo poo I DON'T NEED is in an incredible take, exacerbated by the fact that you can still fritter away your life savings on the next shiny trinket that comes along. Can't wait to hear how they've ironed out the wrinkles for sales of Core 2020 Mythic Edition! (Also can't wait for the tantrums from people who expected Wizards to have their poo poo together)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cactrot posted:

Yep, you never have to point out how you're not terrible if you're just not terrible from the start.

Well I mean if you're a man that's a pretty hard sell since all men are trash.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

Man they are gonna have to come up with a new word for "male feminist" because enough of them have turned out to be sex weirds that it's pretty much soured the brand. Josh Whedon was merely the harbinger.

whedon wasn't even close to the first. I'm pretty sure there was a very popular philosopher about 5-8 years ago who id'ed as a 'male feminist' who ended up being incredibly loving creepy with how he talked about his experiences with women.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Lone Goat posted:

Actually as a male feminist, I

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

So under this picture you paint, the carbon blob from sector 7G is going to eat the Mythic Edition if they actually recieved it? If someone is such a corpfucker that they're going to skip meals to buy wizard squares, maybe it's for the best that the sale fell through. At least the people that take out a loan to get an expensive purse end up with a thing they can put their poo poo into.

If you're mad at this hypothetical construct my dude, wait till your grampa shares a freedom eagle patriot facebook page meme about how there's folks who buy soda and chips with their EBT cards. You're gonna flip your lid.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I don't know who ProJared is. I think I'm alright with that.

Lone Goat posted:

ALAS HOW WILL I BUY DUMB poo poo I DON'T NEED is in an incredible take, exacerbated by the fact that you can still fritter away your life savings on the next shiny trinket that comes along. Can't wait to hear how they've ironed out the wrinkles for sales of Core 2020 Mythic Edition! (Also can't wait for the tantrums from people who expected Wizards to have their poo poo together)

Well, if you landed a box you are guaranteed to double your money. Skipping lunch for a week to invest in a sure thing seems like a reasonable thing to do.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 9, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lone Goat posted:

:hmmyes:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
this guy was in a fanmade dating sim

greasy nerd youtubers are this generation's rockstars

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Lone Goat posted:

Touché.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

suicidesteve posted:

I can respect identifying as a feminist specifically to tell lovely fans to go gently caress themselves.

But it does seem like anyone who feels the need to grandstand about it is trying to compensate for something.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Rinkles posted:

Isn't that also JonTron with the parrot on his shoulder?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

Insanely cursed image

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

admanb posted:

yup, all of them are youtubers

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

admanb posted:

That is indeed Jon "Black People Are Genetically Predisposed To Crime" Tron.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Lone Goat posted:

ALAS HOW WILL I BUY DUMB poo poo I DON'T NEED

I haven't seen someone on here miss the point this badly in a while, thanks for that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > Magic: The Gathering: 2, DUMB poo poo THAT I DON'T NEED

deathbagel posted:

Well, if you landed a box you are guaranteed to double your money. Skipping lunch for a week to invest in a sure thing seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Right? If you're going to be on some "well The Poors need to make all of their purchases out of cold, dispassionate rationality" then a product that's almost guaranteed to instantly at least double in value and be relatively easy to re-sell fits the bill.

Hell I wasn't going to scalp it outright, but I figured it was an easy-to-justify expense if I got one since I could flip 1-2 of the guaranteed included cards out of it and cover the cost of a fun high power draft with the fellahs.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 9, 2019

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
If you have to starve yourself to buy cardboard then I'm glad you weren't allowed to go through with it. Being poor doesn't mean your $500 deserves any special treatment. The refund taking a few extra days is annoying but they are going above and beyond what is required of them. You are coming out on top in the end.

Edit: on the "investment" (actually speculation) angle, if the carrying cost of a slow refund is such a burden how were you planning on living through the much longer period of waiting for shipping, waiting for ebay auction, waiting for payment to clear to your bank in the event that you actually got the boxes?

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Source your quote