Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Giving the bride and groom a set of knives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

:drat:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sweet Jesus

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yikes.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

:thurman: :drat: :vince:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Goddamn

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I was trying to come up with a joke about how disgusting that was but you win.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well poo poo.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

So is it centrifugal or what?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:wow: that's the good stuff

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a far better gift than the previously established custom of blowing your guests away with the door prize.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Sarah Holewinski cautioned that if civilians know about weapons such as the R9X, they may take fewer precautions against exposing themselves to risk from airstrikes.

:thunk:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Best thing you've ever posted

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CutCo brand hellfire.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Alabama senate followed GA with restricting abortions, then reversed and tabled.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie is having a presser on surprise healthcare bills. So naturally, he has:

- Claimed Xi wrote him a "beautiful letter"
- Said Mueller exonerated his Large Adult Son and was surprised about his subpoena
- Claimed Mueller was conflicted and best friends with Comey
- Called for John Kerry to be prosecuted under the Logan Act for talking to Iran

Having another normal one.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1126528057970503680?s=19

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

gently caress Uber and Silicon Valley in general.

https://48hills.org/2019/05/ubers-plans-include-attacking-public-transit/

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I will protest by only using Lyft.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Huge illegal gun seizure in Belair. 1000 plus guns taken by ATF and LAPD.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.62d1ad65da81

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's an awful lot of nice firearms in there. They ain't no 100 dollar lorcins or ravens or hi points.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Most likely illegal manufacturing and illegal sales probably poor record keeping as well

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:drat:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Huge illegal gun seizure in Belair. 1000 plus guns taken by ATF and LAPD.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.62d1ad65da81

Pretty sure I see a few Colt Diamondbacks and 6" S&Ws in there.

No 1911s or Browning Hi-Powers though, too bad.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

holy moley

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

Most likely illegal manufacturing and illegal sales probably poor record keeping as well

Wannabe FFL operating without a license for sure, look at how many still have the factory tags.Next question: Stolen?

Because literally this exact thing happened near me a couple years ago, and then the dude eventually got all charges dropped and all of his stolen guns back.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Syrian Lannister posted:

I'm guessing too many sales on a C&R FFL?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol

The New York Times: U.S. Seizes North Korean Ship for Violating Sanctions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/us/politics/wise-honest-north-korea-ship-seized.html

quote:

WASHINGTON — The United States has seized a North Korean shipping vessel that was violating American law and international sanctions, the Justice Department announced Thursday, a move certain to escalate tensions already on the rise between the two nations because of recent North Korean weapons tests.

Prosecutors said the carrier ship, the Wise Honest, was being used to export North Korean coal, a critical sector of the North’s economy that the United States and the United Nations have aggressively imposed sanctions on in an effort to force Pyongyang to end its nuclear weapons program. The ship was also being used to import heavy machinery.

It was the first time the United States has seized a North Korean cargo vessel for international sanctions violations, the Justice Department said. The Wise Honest is the second-largest cargo ship in Pyongyang’s fleet.

“This sanctions-busting ship is now out of service,” said John C. Demers, the head of the Justice Department’s national security division. The complaint was filed in Federal District Court in Manhattan on Thursday by the United States attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York.

ADVERTISEMENT

The civil action came as North Korea’s weapons tests over the past several days have threatened the disarmament discussions that President Trump opened. Mr. Trump and the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, abruptly ended their second meeting earlier this year when Mr. Trump refused to ease sanctions unless the North dismantled all of its nuclear weapons.

Though the Justice Department obtained a sealed seizure warrant for the ship in July, officials said the timing of the complaint seeking the vessel’s forfeiture had nothing to do with the current tensions between the two countries. On Thursday, the Wise Honest was in United States custody and on its way to American Samoa, the Justice Department said.

Prosectors said the ship was used in a North Korean scheme to export tons of coal to foreign countries and import heavy machinery in violation of international sanctions.

Three American banks were unwittingly ensnared in the scheme, officials said, transmitting payments around the world for maintenance, equipment and improvement of the shipping vessel. The Wise Honest’s coal haul from March 2018 drew payments of more than $750,000 through accounts at one of the banks, the complaint said.

ADVERTISEMENT

“With this seizure, we have significantly disrupted that cycle,” said Geoffrey S. Berman, the United States attorney in Manhattan.

Indonesian authorities detained the ship in April 2018 after it was photographed at a North Korean port, loading onto the ship what prosecutors said appeared to be coal. When the ship traveled to Indonesia, it tried to conceal details about its location by disabling its Automatic Identification System. The ship’s signal had been turned off since August 2017.

The United Nations National Security Council has imposed five rounds of sanctions against North Korea since early 2016, when Pyongyang conducted it’s fourth nuclear test. China and others argued at the time that the sanctions would disproportionately affect ordinary North Koreans and could backfire.

In case anyone is out of free views.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

shame on an IGA posted:

Wannabe FFL operating without a license for sure, look at how many still have the factory tags.Next question: Stolen?

Because literally this exact thing happened near me a couple years ago, and then the dude eventually got all charges dropped and all of his stolen guns back.

"ATF spokeswoman Ginger Colbrun confirmed in a written statement that the agency suspected the man was “conducting illegal firearms transaction outside the scope of the federal firearm license that the individual possesses,” the Los Angeles Times said."

IF the allegations are correct, it' looks like private sales without checks. I think there is a licensing caveat that prevents one from doing no bgc sales anyways if they happen to be in a state that permits it, which isn't applicable here.

There are quite a few rimfire guns in the mix as well.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

joat mon posted:

I'm guessing too many sales on a C&R FFL?

I recognized K98’s in there. Didn’t see any Mosin’s or Garands. Bunch of modern stuff though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Federal prosecutors handling Roger Stone’s case were ordered on Thursday to turn over to a judge any unredacted sections of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report relating to the longtime GOP operative that could help prepare his defense for their upcoming trial.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson in a one-paragraph order gave the U.S. attorneys handling the Stone case until Monday to provide her with portions of Mueller’s report that deal with Stone “and/or ‘the dissemination of hacked materials’” that were leaked during the 2016 presidential campaign to the detriment of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

oooo

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Sorry about your PTSD, have you trying praying?

https://twitter.com/leoshane/status/1126206923106336768?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hegel Exercises posted:

Sorry about your PTSD, have you trying praying?

Yeah, and Satan said go ahead with the drugs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I hate these mother fuckers so god damned much

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Now that the Satanic Temple is a tax-exempt religion, maybe their faith-based support programs will prescribe medical marijuana.

Edit: Here's their veteran's monument.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 9, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
At this point what is the real reason that people oppose marijuana? Those drat kids/racism/the cotton lobby like it's always been?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A good helping of its the drug of those damned traitors that lost us the war too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

A Bad Poster posted:

At this point what is the real reason that people oppose marijuana? Those drat kids/racism/the cotton lobby like it's always been?