Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 8 loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also there's honestly nothing wrong with coming to the conclusion that Josuke time-travelled and saved himself. At the same time I'd like to also think it shouldn't take extra brain power to look at it from multiple perspectives and the evidence presented to you doesn't line up with that theory or at best you don't act like it such a surefire thing. Especially with how many people like to act like it is definitely a plot hole when it is at most ambiguous for the sake of discourse and at the very least a scene about a formative experience for Josuke. I don't think anyone in the JoJo thread is against the theory itself so much as discussion of the theory is so constant and stagnant that it's just a tiresome subject that people in the thread resent.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always wonder what peoples problem is with Woolie and Pat talking Persona and Jojo.

Honestly same, and it's even worse with Souls games.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I guess I just have a different reaction because when I heard that I was like "Yeah, hes getting stuff wrong but he's also just bullshitting about something he thought was cool with his friends"

I mean, I don't take it as "I am a trusted authority so listen to me" as much "Hey Pat, I heard about this thing"

it's wwe fake history trying to whitewash their past

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smoking Crow posted:

it's wwe fake history trying to whitewash their past

yeah but its not coming from a longtime wwe scholar its coming from a dude who read an interview and was talking with his friend about it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Every conversation they have is them incorrectly parroting someone else's opinions about something they know nothing about, and every passing week makes them more smug and more wrong about more poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Every conversation they have is them incorrectly parroting someone else's opinions about something they know nothing about, and every passing week makes them more smug and more wrong about more poo poo.

How are they smug about Persona and Jojo?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat literally last week upon talking about the new character tried to work in a new narrative that Atlus was hiding the fact they were putting a female main character in the game and this is to say nothing about the conversation about wanting to play a pregnant teenage mc that Pat screamed to the heavens. The latter I found kind of funny personally, but I definitely saw some people here get annoyed about it. JoJo is Pat just saying incorrect poo poo having only read a wiki and Woolie having to correct him and I'm never gonna forget Woolie trying to apply some stupid personal narrative that every JoJo part is a cold-hot-cold change like that isn't proven completely wrong within the first protagonist being Jonathan loving Joestar and he was so drat sure of what he was saying too.

Even if you aren't talking about these two things, Woolie last week tried to talk about how HE KNEW all of Marvel's business decisions were back around the time of the Spider-Man deal. That EVERYONE would love The Ultimates on the big screen ignoring the ultimates is probably one of the most loathed versions of the avengers and Mark Millar is a lovely writer (The Avengers ultimately pulled from the Ultimates a decent bit, but it is absolutely changed a decent bit to actually work for general audiences). Tbh the stupid poo poo they say to some extent is a charm point, but they absolutely do say annoying poo poo without thinking about it and idk why it's so hard to understand that this upsets people especially if you're very into those things.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I'm never gonna forget Woolie trying to apply some stupid personal narrative that every JoJo part is a cold-hot-cold change

Hes right though. That is totally a pattern in the first 6 arcs

Captain Baal posted:

idk why it's so hard to understand that this upsets people especially if you're very into those things.

Because they are dudes online and who gives a poo poo. You just now got mad that Woolie dared to have an opinion on Jojo you don't share.

Like it seems like you want these two canadians to share your perspectives and if they dont it's just because they are not as good of fans as you are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It comes off as kind of toxic and gatekeeping that these dudes with a podcast have to "earn" their rights to have opinions from some internet fan collective or else face their wrath

Edit: Like, I think a lot of their perspectives on art are acritical and reductive but ultimately so what let them have their opinion

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 10, 2019

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Baal posted:

Pat literally last week upon talking about the new character tried to work in a new narrative that Atlus was hiding the fact they were putting a female main character in the game and this is to say nothing about the conversation about wanting to play a pregnant teenage mc that Pat screamed to the heavens. The latter I found kind of funny personally, but I definitely saw some people here get annoyed about it. JoJo is Pat just saying incorrect poo poo having only read a wiki and Woolie having to correct him and I'm never gonna forget Woolie trying to apply some stupid personal narrative that every JoJo part is a cold-hot-cold change like that isn't proven completely wrong within the first protagonist being Jonathan loving Joestar and he was so drat sure of what he was saying too.

Even if you aren't talking about these two things, Woolie last week tried to talk about how HE KNEW all of Marvel's business decisions were back around the time of the Spider-Man deal. That EVERYONE would love The Ultimates on the big screen ignoring the ultimates is probably one of the most loathed versions of the avengers and Mark Millar is a lovely writer (The Avengers ultimately pulled from the Ultimates a decent bit, but it is absolutely changed a decent bit to actually work for general audiences). Tbh the stupid poo poo they say to some extent is a charm point, but they absolutely do say annoying poo poo without thinking about it and idk why it's so hard to understand that this upsets people especially if you're very into those things.

All of that poo poo is minutiae of a manga and superhero comics, getting this stuff wrong is ultimately harmless. Like, you're on SA, a place that constantly mocks people who care way too much about details like this.

Woolie's ignorance of radiation and nuclear power is way more worth getting upset about.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
we should not post in this thread at all, because otherwise that may mean that we care, and instead use it as a place of silent reflection on our gratitude towards the canadian mens content

speaking of which, think we're gonna see new life is strange with matt and liam soon?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

we should not post in this thread at all, because otherwise that may mean that we care, and instead use it as a place of silent reflection on our gratitude towards the canadian mens content

That seems a really silly interpretation of the point

If the only way you can show you care about something is getting mad at and calling smug some guys on a podcast saying stuff you disagree with about comics, your definition of caring is pretty absurd

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It comes off as kind of toxic and gatekeeping that these dudes with a podcast have to "earn" their rights to have opinions from some internet fan collective or else face their wrath

Edit: Like, I think a lot of their perspectives on art are acritical and reductive but ultimately so what let them have their opinion

I'm not saying they can't have their opinion but people in this thread have disagreed about a multitude of things they've said before and it's because this is the thread for loving talking about them dude. No one is robbing them of their opinions and perspectives, they will still continue to talk about dumb poo poo the way they do. I am not the loving boogeyman stealing Woolie and his lame rear end opinions on media nor is anyone else in this thread. We are here to talk about podcasters we like and the things they say whether that be good or bad. If you want me to say a nice thing too on top of the poo poo I've insulted Woolie for, I genuinely find Woolie cool in that he got out of QA and has such an interesting perspective on the crunch stuff that is being brought to light right now. I think it's cool he's one of the few fighting game guys on youtube who have more to say about games than just MK or SF.

Like regardless of all of this though, they are still influences on people whether it be you, me, or random scrubbo watching videos and buying games because they like the videos the Best Friends make. Just cause you ignore it, doesn't mean someone else is going to or wants to for that matter and it's not a matter of "HOW DARE THEY SAY WORDS" because sometimes a shitpost is just a shitpost dude.

Neo_Crimson posted:

All of that poo poo is minutiae of a manga and superhero comics, getting this stuff wrong is ultimately harmless. Like, you're on SA, a place that constantly mocks people who care way too much about details like this.

Woolie's ignorance of radiation and nuclear power is way more worth getting upset about.

SA is also lame as gently caress for mocking people for liking things but we also house some of the dumbest Souls threads where people talk ad nauseum about nothing for pages on end and let's not forget the era of Danganronpa that had a myriad of people speculating things to death to the point that LP moderation had to get more involved. Also, I am not getting mad at Woolie for loving up knowledge on Nuclear Power because if I have to give him poo poo every time he got a thing about reality itself wrong, these pages would be a lot longer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I still can't believe none of these four babies recognized The Man Who Sold The World despite it having a label on it during the MGS5 intro TBF.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

them being wrong about random garbage is funny

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Speaking of cool poo poo they do, Mat mentioned on Twitter he's going to be able to see an advance screening of Godzilla. I'm actually really excited for the eventual video on it cause Matt has pretty drat good kaiju opinions.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I'm not saying they can't have their opinion but people in this thread have disagreed about a multitude of things they've said before and it's because this is the thread for loving talking about them dude. No one is robbing them of their opinions and perspectives, they will still continue to talk about dumb poo poo the way they do. I am not the loving boogeyman stealing Woolie and his lame rear end opinions on media nor is anyone else in this thread. We are here to talk about podcasters we like and the things they say whether that be good or bad. If you want me to say a nice thing too on top of the poo poo I've insulted Woolie for, I genuinely find Woolie cool in that he got out of QA and has such an interesting perspective on the crunch stuff that is being brought to light right now. I think it's cool he's one of the few fighting game guys on youtube who have more to say about games than just MK or SF.

Like regardless of all of this though, they are still influences on people whether it be you, me, or random scrubbo watching videos and buying games because they like the videos the Best Friends make. Just cause you ignore it, doesn't mean someone else is going to or wants to for that matter and it's not a matter of "HOW DARE THEY SAY WORDS" because sometimes a shitpost is just a shitpost dude.

Its never been that you are or are not allowed to say bad things about a podcaster. Its the weird way people seem to be mad and act like its a moral hazard that internet dudes have a different interpretation of things.

Like, the only thing that makes them smug about Persona and Jojo is that they think something you don't agree with. Calling that difference "smug" just seems absurd.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Smug anime Pat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That face when Yukiko gives up her dreams for social order

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Monathin posted:

Speaking of cool poo poo they do, Mat mentioned on Twitter he's going to be able to see an advance screening of Godzilla. I'm actually really excited for the eventual video on it cause Matt has pretty drat good kaiju opinions.

Matt is a decent barometer for that sorta stuff, that video is gonna be solid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

who cares about jojo and persona

the actual crime is their bad dragon ball opinions

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Them getting stuff wrong can be annoying sometimes, but it's more funny to make fun of them for it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Andrast posted:

who cares about jojo and persona

the actual crime is their bad dragon ball opinions

I challenge you to find a better summary of that entire franchise than Pat's "His number is so big though"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its never been that you are or are not allowed to say bad things about a podcaster. Its the weird way people seem to be mad and act like its a moral hazard that internet dudes have a different interpretation of things.

Like, the only thing that makes them smug about Persona and Jojo is that they think something you don't agree with. Calling that difference "smug" just seems absurd.

I mean Pat is smug consistently and I don't think you can say he's not and that's honestly part of Pat's charm as a personality. It also upsets people sometimes but no one is morally angry at him at least not to the level anyone was at Paige who is nazi-adjacent and wrote it off like the internet people got mad for having different opinions. At the end of the day, I do not really care about Persona or JoJo opinions from Pat or Woolie but that's also why I just don't care to listen to them? It isn't out of any genuine offense they have done me, it is because I'm not interested to hear them talk about them for 40 minutes on end and that's fine I think?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I challenge you to find a better summary of that entire franchise than Pat's "His number is so big though"

It was a bad summary because that movie actually did a good job of fixing a character who was that tbh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roth posted:

Them getting stuff wrong can be annoying sometimes, but it's more funny to make fun of them for it.

I still am not entirely sure that they even say stuff that's wrong. Like, saying Jojo is hot/cold or that Persona is about rebellion only so the social harmony and be repaired aren't wrong statements. They are just statements people disagree with.

The only thing wrong they have said that anyone can point to is Woolie's summary of Golddust's career and even then that was from summarizing an inaccurate article.

There seems to be an idea that "unpopular" or "disagreeable" are synonyms for "wrong."

Like,

Captain Baal posted:

It was a bad summary because that movie actually did a good job of fixing a character who was that tbh

how big was his number tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright we're done

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Alright we're done

Was it the joke about big numbers or the suggestion that saying Jojo is hot/cold isn't wrong

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
can't believe mel mudkiper is defending someone insufferably smug and contrarian like pat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I solved my problem with Pat and Woolie's dumbass opinions by just not watching their podcast

turns out it's actually really easy to cut a 3-5 hour podcast that is maybe funny 25% of the time out of your life

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I just watch the youtube clips.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

can't believe mel mudkiper is defending someone insufferably smug and contrarian like pat

You keep trying to frame me as an elitist TBB guy but I am not the one arguing you can interpret a story "wrong"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

I solved my problem with Pat and Woolie's dumbass opinions by just not watching their podcast

turns out it's actually really easy to cut a 3-5 hour podcast that is maybe funny 25% of the time out of your life

Yeah that's where I'm at, I check in every so often to see if they've gotten better but even that feels like a waste of time.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Blockhouse posted:

I was cutting the podcast out of my life before it was cool.

Me, over here, screaming UNTENABLE, UNTENABLE, UNTENABLE as I bang pots and pans about the ever-increasing length and ever decreasing ratio of coherent-talking-to-nonsense-bullshit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As someone who listens to podcasts at work, I am glad of the rambling

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The text supports Pat when it comes to his reading of Persona 4 TBF.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dias posted:

The text supports Pat when it comes to his reading of Persona 4 TBF.

Yeah I really don't get what the problem is with that one in particular

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Monathin posted:

I was cutting the podcast out of my life before it was cool.

Me, over here, screaming UNTENABLE, UNTENABLE, UNTENABLE as I bang pots and pans about the ever-increasing length and ever decreasing ratio of coherent-talking-to-nonsense-bullshit.

You mean people DON'T just listen to the youtube clips of the coherent stuff? :confused:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still like the podcast. :shobon: They are obnoxious on certain subjects, and wrong on a lot, but I dig how they talk to each other, most of the content, and lots of their completely irrelevant rambles are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still like the podcast. :shobon: They are obnoxious on certain subjects, and wrong on a lot, but I dig how they talk to each other, most of the content, and lots of their completely irrelevant rambles are fun.

Same

I just load it up to hear dudes be nerds about poo poo and tell funny jokes while I workout