Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

drat, antifash Gordon got doxxed
i'm not sure about that. seems like they think he's some other guy who kiwi farms had some beef with awhile ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol they tried to doxx a mod here and they thought he was the goat man

According to smythe anyway

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's the dumb Red Queen's Race of YouTube reactionary shitwads: If you're not pushing the envelope, then you're losing audience.
It's like a perfect machine. You get ahead in rightwing media circles by pushing the envelope and building an audience, and your reward for winning is that mainstream media starts to take notice of you and you pivot out of wingnut circles and into the mainstream. Except...all those crazy things you said while you were building that audience suddenly become liabilities once you're dealing with a non-wingnut audience. It's what happened to Milo (when he signed that big book deal) and it's happening to Sargon Applebee (when he tried to get into electoral politics).

It's effectively impossible (so far) to pivot to a mainstream career if you came up through the alt-right vomit swamp.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Lol they tried to doxx a mod here and they thought he was the goat man

According to smythe anyway

Lol we are not anywhere near cool enough for that.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Infinite Jest if for no other reason than it confused the ever-living gently caress out of me.

DFW's short stories were aces, though.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
today fox covered the Russellville protest.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-supremacists-carrying-nazi-flags-interrupt-arkansas-holocaust-remembrance-day-event

so right now, basically 80% of the confederates are making GBS threads on the nazis for disrespecting their flag. 20% are cool with the nazi. the entire SCV is arguing in the comments of basically every article it

I smell a schism lol

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What does "Skeptic" mean in the current Terminally Online context of 2019? Who are some examples?

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
it means you're skeptical of islam, feminism and the historical refutation of race science, op

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

swimsuit posted:

it means you're skeptical of islam, feminism and the historical refutation of race science, op

Mass shootings, mainstream science

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
tpusa is gonna be in some hot water
https://twitter.com/igd_news/status/1126670175384662016?s=21

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
so I got some expensive but nice rear end cider and there's a trio of old dudes fiddling

pretty nice spot no fash yet tho

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Chairman posted:

because she is trying to make a living in conservative media without having rich parents who are willing to prop her up while she lives in one of the most expensive cities in the world and pays off about $200k of student loans, communism_kills lives in an unheated tenement hovel with a partially-collapsed ceiling, has to budget her money to the point where anything besides oatmeal is a special treat, and once livetweeted herself almost dying of the flu because she was more scared of the ER bill, so basically she's living the American dream

I regret to inform you that she has rich parents (she's tweeted photos from their mansion). You don't get a faildaughter job when your only qualification is being repeatedly owned on twitter.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the greatest trick the woke liberals ever pulled was convincing the world being horny is bad

and i want a good scrumpy cider now, drat it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tokamak posted:

I regret to inform you that she has rich parents (she's tweeted photos from their mansion). You don't get a faildaughter job when your only qualification is being repeatedly owned on twitter.

So why was she living in a hovel and complaining about being unable to afford aspirin?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Mr Interweb posted:

So why was she living in a hovel and complaining about being unable to afford aspirin?

I guess people on the internet lie or something

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Goast posted:

Do you think people would do that?

*creepily turns to face you*

Go on the internet... and tell lies?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Goast posted:

That's not the issue in this case, though. Of course someone like her lies. I don't doubt that. But why would she lie about this particular issue? These lies don't benefit her in anyway, especially since said lies only serve to make the very thing she's obsessively supporting (capitalism) look worse.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Goast posted:

Screaming Idiot posted:

Do you think people would do that?

*creepily turns to face you*

Go on the internet... and tell lies?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mr Interweb posted:

You will never understand
How it feels to live your life
With no meaning or control
And with nowhere left to go.
You are amazed that they exist
And they burn so bright,
Whilst you can only wonder why.
Rent a flat above a shop
Cut your hair and get a job
Smoke some fags and play some pool
Pretend you never went to school,
But still you'll never get it right
'Cause when you're laid in bed at night
And watching roaches climb the wall,
If you called your dad he could stop it all
Yeah

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Sometimes rich parents like to make their kids "slum it" because they know it builds character to have life experiences like a poor person, even if they weren't really poor. It makes it seem like she's her own person even if she's not. I wouldn't even doubt that she almost died for the year or two she was cut off from mommy and daddy to build her resume.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
looks like the fash is a no-show

said they were gonna be here 15 minutes ago but our jort documentary boy is posting on facebook

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Goast posted:

said they were gonna be here 15 minutes ago but our jort documentary boy is posting on facebook

call him an idiot bitch fucker

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
drat they hacked up that video good for Fox News didn’t they

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Don't insult us idiot bitches by insinuating we would gently caress him. We have our pride and our delicious paint chips.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Goast posted:

it's nice of them to bring so many customers to the cider bar though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irRANaLSg-8

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I haven't liked a Philip K Dick novel I've read, but the man was the master of the short story.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Goast posted:

so I got some expensive but nice rear end cider and there's a trio of old dudes fiddling

pretty nice spot no fash yet tho

But you just said old dudes fiddling

Or was that not with each other

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

I haven't liked a Philip K Dick novel I've read, but the man was the master of the short story.

there is only one good american short story and it is the big space gently caress

quote:

Codpieces were very much in fashion, and many men were wearing codpieces in the shape of rocket ships, in honor of the Big Space gently caress. These cus-tomarily had the letters “ U.S.A.” embroidered on the shaft. Senator Snopes’ shaft, however, bore the Stars and Bars of the Confederacy.

Grand Prize Winner has issued a correction as of 06:20 on May 10, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It’s just banter luv

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1126592678496366592?s=21

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Farewell, then, Danny Baker's Sausage Sandwich Game. Every Saturday morning on his BBC Radio 5 Live phone-in show, Baker presides over a knowingly lightweight quiz in which listeners must predict a celebrity guests’s answers to three questions about the minutiae of their lives - the last always being what they would add to their sausage sandwich. Will they opt for red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Alan Smithee posted:

no, literally playing the fiddle

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

You can diddle someone's fiddle.

But fiddling by itself is just musical self-expression.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Farewell, then, Danny Baker's Sausage Sandwich Game. Every Saturday morning on his BBC Radio 5 Live phone-in show, Baker presides over a knowingly lightweight quiz in which listeners must predict a celebrity guests’s answers to three questions about the minutiae of their lives - the last always being what they would add to their sausage sandwich. Will they opt for red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

No sauce? Is this a sick joke? Do the English commonly get sausage sandwiches with nothing on them?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
No

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

*breaks out of prison with meme magic*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was a reply to tokamak i just didn't quote them

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tokamak posted:

No sauce? Is this a sick joke? Do the English commonly get sausage sandwiches with nothing on them?
Daddies sauce is a common favourite.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

FMguru posted:

Post WWII American literature (white male division) is so so terrible. All crisis-of-masculinity garbage, Mailer and Updike and the rest trying to one-up Papa Hemingway.

Nothing much, what's Updike with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RobBurl/status/1126759789390786560