Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

1488 is the nazi number isn't it?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bike tory posted:

1488 is the nazi number isn't it?

Yes. Walmart does everything .88 as their thing to be lower than .99

When something goes just below 15 its note worthy.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

The real trip with this poo poo is to compare the total area... it's all insane bonkers calvinball poo poo. The peak for me was the other day when I saw with the target brand a 6 huge = 9 regular but also 6 huge = 8 regular but the one that only equaled 8 had more total area than the one that equaled 9 cuz....uhhh I have no idea why.

My other fave was when charmin advertised "larger" rolls cuz they had more sheets per roll now but they also too a half inch off the width so it actually equaled out to less area. Their response was that you don't need that extra width anyway....genius

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Toilet paper just needs to be the width of the median butt hole. Sorry goatman, you're poo poo outta luck.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Raldikuk posted:

The real trip with this poo poo is to compare the total area... it's all insane bonkers calvinball poo poo. The peak for me was the other day when I saw with the target brand a 6 huge = 9 regular but also 6 huge = 8 regular but the one that only equaled 8 had more total area than the one that equaled 9 cuz....uhhh I have no idea why.

My other fave was when charmin advertised "larger" rolls cuz they had more sheets per roll now but they also too a half inch off the width so it actually equaled out to less area. Their response was that you don't need that extra width anyway....genius

kind of surrendering a lot of info about your hole

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's me, I'm the one who makes sure every square mm of the paper is soiled before I get another piece.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I don't know enough about dog breeding to have a strong opinion about it. However I am extremely skeptical and suspicious of it because every time I've visited the website of a breeder or read official publications by The Korgi Kennnel Klub or w/e, its always full of insane claims that are blatant pseudo-science. Just farcical poo poo about inheritance that blatantly have no basis in the science of genetics or animal behavior. It's hard for me to trust these organizations on the big issues when they are so obviously wrong about the small stuff.

This video summarizes one glaring piece of pseudo-science breeders often repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7puPXZVsFQ

Breed groups are a meaningless division but even as eminent an organization as the American Kennel Club continues to repeat bs about them. How can we trust them about the science when they are openly perpetuating urban myths? The assumption should be that we cannot.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Qtips are probably most effective from a utilization point of view.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
just get a bidet you fools

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
just use a shamwow and make sure you really wring that fucker out

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I never touch my butt because that's what boys do and boys have cooties, I just have a poorer person lick me clean, and they can use the pay I'll give them as a financial instrument, and split some percentage with an even poorer person, who then does the same thing. My butt licking dollars futures are the only thing keeping the US housing market from crashing again. It's The Human Centipede, but it's also the reason you have to explain homelessness to your kids next year! :D :D

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

standing in the toilet paper section with my phone out calculating price per sqft on all the offerings, wondering what the gently caress i'm doing with my life

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

JudgeX posted:

kind of surrendering a lot of info about your hole

I don't really care that it is more narrow...I just find it amusing they sold it as if you were getting more when you actually ended up with less. Same with all the weird hijinks with the size comparisons for those paper towels. Their own equalities don't hold up or even make sense at all...except to trick people into thinking they're getting more.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
lisa needs a playstation 4 pro

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

terrified of my bathroom posted:

no Japanese toilet?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

poty posted:

lisa needs a playstation 4 pro

RENTAL PLAN

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Squalid posted:

I don't know enough about dog breeding to have a strong opinion about it. However I am extremely skeptical and suspicious of it because every time I've visited the website of a breeder or read official publications by The Korgi Kennnel Klub or w/e, its always full of insane claims that are blatant pseudo-science. Just farcical poo poo about inheritance that blatantly have no basis in the science of genetics or animal behavior. It's hard for me to trust these organizations on the big issues when they are so obviously wrong about the small stuff.

This video summarizes one glaring piece of pseudo-science breeders often repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7puPXZVsFQ

Breed groups are a meaningless division but even as eminent an organization as the American Kennel Club continues to repeat bs about them. How can we trust them about the science when they are openly perpetuating urban myths? The assumption should be that we cannot.

kennel clubs usually have some underlying ideology of no-poo poo race theory, and are the last mainstream institution where this is tolerated

in science, when you produce an inbred line, great effort is made to ensure that the specimens are actually healthy. dog breeders breed for weird bullshit like colouration patterns and breed out cosmetic but non-damaging defects like minor issues with teeth positions etc, in a completely pseudoscientific way

death to kennel clubs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

V. Illych L. posted:

kennel clubs usually have some underlying ideology of no-poo poo race theory, and are the last mainstream institution where this is tolerated

in science, when you produce an inbred line, great effort is made to ensure that the specimens are actually healthy. dog breeders breed for weird bullshit like colouration patterns and breed out cosmetic but non-damaging defects like minor issues with teeth positions etc, in a completely pseudoscientific way

death to kennel clubs

They've basically gone full Hapsburg a long time ago, yeah.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
There's a breed of cat called a Scottish Fold which was bred because it's ears are floppy (and yes, they are adorably dopey lookin), except this is due to a minor cartilage defect. They can't breed with each other because their offspring basically have no cartilage and can't survive.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I approve of the antishark cat.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Outrail posted:

I approve of the antishark cat.

Not fully antishark, they both feel smooth as hell when you pat them

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

artisanal bespoke pets

(wheezing and bleeding dog flops into the room because it has no bones)

that'll be $400 please

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jel Shaker posted:

artisanal bespoke pets

(wheezing and bleeding dog flops into the room because it has no bones)

that'll be $400 please

Aside from the no bones, isn't that just a pug?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I won't hear any more of this anti Samoyed propoganda

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Costs $400 to "adopt" a shelter dog where I live. But yeah, doesnt count

True story: I got my cat for free by stealing him from a meth addict

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dude was totally incapable of taking care of him, hadn't gotten him neutered and frequently forgot to feed him or just left him outside for days. Catte quickly realized that I was nice and would give him food and treat his fleas and loving tapeworms so when he got an injury from some kind of fight he came to me with a messed up leg and I took him to the vet and got him treatment (and later, neutered. lol that's what you get for trusting me bitch). When it came time to move apartments, the meth addict dude had been out of town for a couple weeks straight so we just grabbed the cat and took him with us and now he lives a happy life of sleeping and meowing at me at 3 AM

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Give your addict cat his fix and maybe he'll stop bugging you at 3am?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alucard posted:

Because gently caress you got mine, that's why.

They're probably trying to minimize their contribution to the place that allowed them to proliferate now that all their income is passive and not geographically restricted. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't peace out to another country that just doesn't tax non citizen residents.

a facebook dude straight up relinquished his US citizenship and moved to singapore to try to avoid taxes

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Reminds me of the bitcoin dude is renounced his citizenship and moved to Saint Lucia to dodge taxes, then tried to come back to the US for some conference and was told he had to pay his taxes first.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Peanut President posted:

Reminds me of the bitcoin dude is renounced his citizenship and moved to Saint Lucia to dodge taxes, then tried to come back to the US for some conference and was told he had to pay his taxes first.

So instead he sent one of those ipads on a stick to drive slowly around the conference with his face on it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's with tech people being so against taxes lol. like you either gotta pay for Cayman islands account fuckery or pay the taxes. instead theres all this insane stuff like seasteading or fleeing to other countries

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

terrified of my bathroom posted:

is that why you're scared of your bathroom

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i've been to conferences/events where those 'teleconference robots' are wandering around

i feel like in some cases they brought and set up the robot themselves beforehand so they could somehow attend in an even more dorky way

i think someone presented with one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

what's with tech people being so against taxes lol. like you either gotta pay for Cayman islands account fuckery or pay the taxes. instead theres all this insane stuff like seasteading or fleeing to other countries

I think it's a mid-band of rich people who aren't quite rich enough to afford the like, team of lawyers and accountants required to correctly hide money overseas in illegal but impossible to prove ways, yet rich enough to just flat out move away and have the cost associated with doing that be way less than the cost of just paying your goddamn taxes.

The seasteaders are an entirely different, significantly crazier group

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lancemantis posted:

i've been to conferences/events where those 'teleconference robots' are wandering around

i feel like in some cases they brought and set up the robot themselves beforehand so they could somehow attend in an even more dorky way

i think someone presented with one

"It's like I'm really there!!" *whiiiiiiiiiiiir*

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was trying to find that "billionaires keep moving in and forcing out us honest millionaires!" article because it reminded me of that but couldn't get google to turn it up, however instead I found this wonderful scare piece from the daily mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4932482/Wealth-tax-forces-12-000-millionaires-YEAR-France.html

quote:

France needs it's new lower tax on wealth in order to stem its exodus of millionaires, the country's Prime Minister has warned.

Edouard Philippe defended President Emmanuel Macrons' economic reforms, which have seen thousands take to the street this week, saying they are needed to make France attractive the wealthy again.

Last year alone, 12,000 millionaires emigrated from France - the highest outflux in the world.

'When someone leaves the country because of the wealth tax... collectively all French lose,' Prime Minister Philippe said according to Bloomberg, promising to 'defend' the change of the wealth tariff.

Oh no, those poor millionaires :qq:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

I was trying to find that "billionaires keep moving in and forcing out us honest millionaires!" article because it reminded me of that but couldn't get google to turn it up,

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

As always, daily mail comment sections are full of wonderful people who are mostly American for some reason:

quote:

reader, New York, United States, 2 years ago

Duhhhhh.... Terrorisms rampant, ISIS alumni are invited back in like tourists from Iowa, the tax rate's out of this world, and migrants are given housing next to the once valued homes of millionaires- bringing their quality of life, safety and property values, down to nil. What's not to love?

In reply to that:

quote:

MadeInUSA, Wichita Falls, United States, 2 years ago

How many of these fleeing millionaires have supported the EU and free flow? Probably most of them because they have businesses that benefit them and they could bounce from house to house without border restrictions... I'm not feeling for them.

Agh you're so close to getting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks, it's a treasure :allears: