Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Republicans are pissed that the AFL-CIO tweeted out the guillotine thing.

Those things were put in the Delta break rooms. gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

joat mon posted:

This is a beautiful thing.

no, this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFLCIO/status/1126645509303734272

#gravelanche making a real difference!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

1/3 lb burger? What a ripoff, I'll stick with my larger 1/4 pounder!

New at McDonalds: The Eighth-Pounder Deluxe! Sixty two grams of sizzling hot beef substitute covered in ultrapasturized "American" cheese food product, on a freshly unwrapped bun!

You're lovin' it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Down already.

What was it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arc Light posted:

Down already.

What was it?

The AFLCIO official account tweeted the guillotine edit.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Arc Light posted:

Down already.

What was it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hopefully they just took it down due to that shameful cropping job

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

But for that ten minutes I felt truly alive in a way I have never befofe

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
These motherfuckers have to be looking at how much more prevalent guillotines are becoming online and getting really scared.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

These motherfuckers have to be looking at how much more prevalent guillotines are becoming online and getting really scared.

Maybe they'll replace those giant inflatable rats at labor protests.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

They wont get scared until their superyachts start sinking, I did my part

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

online?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Bad Poster posted:

There's no way this doesn't end in an extremely productive meeting where they kowtow to our demands.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chichevache posted:

There's no way this doesn't end in an extremely productive meeting where their heirs kowtow to our demands.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still say guillotines are too involved and awkward; a bullet in a back alley is a lot more efficient and guns are easier to carry than a guillotine.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Professor Bling posted:

I still say guillotines are too involved and awkward; a bullet in a back alley is a lot more efficient and guns are easier to carry than a guillotine.

there is an element of public display that really needs to be present though, just purging the wealthy doesn't do anything about killing their image in the public mind.

Having them dragged onto the scaffold flinching and begging as their crimes and punishment are read aloud by the MC shrinks and humanizes them and makes them mortal. If there isn't a confess/beg session then it's just another tragic murder of an upstanding community benefactor.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

How loving hard is it to tear it all down and turn it into a municipal trash transfer station.

They cover it in the article, but at the time, they thought it would be detrimental to the healing process. By the time they realized they should, it was cost prohibitive due to upgrades.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Professor Bling posted:

I think the chuds still have more guns and bullets.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they lost a bunch this week

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Tariffs have been set off automatically due to deadline; US»China at 25%. Your president is a loving idiot and and this poo poo is going to gently caress all of us.

Rather interested to see China's response, if I was in their government I'd turn all the cheap plastic goods off for a week.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

FAUXTON posted:

there is an element of public display that really needs to be present though, just purging the wealthy doesn't do anything about killing their image in the public mind.

Having them dragged onto the scaffold flinching and begging as their crimes and punishment are read aloud by the MC shrinks and humanizes them and makes them mortal. If there isn't a confess/beg session then it's just another tragic murder of an upstanding community benefactor.

Can't wait to struggle sesh some CEOs

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

A Bad Poster posted:

"the rich must be SO SCARED that I posted 'guillotine lol' on twitter" :jerkbag:

They're not gonna get scared until they and their families start getting directly targeted.

Professor Bling posted:

Yeah. The Guillotine was originally promoted more as a way to painlessly execute people because it's supporters felt that this more humane execution method would be the first step to phasing out the death penalty entirely. But when they started needing to kill more people than "a few nobles, and other revolutionaries who were too revolutionary/not revolutionary enough" the French quickly turned to just executing them with gunfire or stuff like loading them onto barges and then sinking the barges to drown everybody.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I pay $10 a week, I’m topped out and only get COLA which is tied to the CPI.

Plus our dues just went up...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Professor Bling posted:

SOP for the Soviet Union was to take a guy into a cement room with a floor drain, put a Torakav to the base of the skull, then :commissar:.

Crude, but effective.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 10, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

BigDave posted:

SOP for the Soviet Union was to take a guy into a cement room with a floor drain, put a Torakav to the base of the skull, then :commissar:.

Crude, but effective.

This doesnt scale beyond a certain point, both logistically and if you care about the mental health of your executioners.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This doesnt scale beyond a certain point, both logistically and if you care about the mental health of your executioners.

Make them execute their own.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Someone brought a crude guillotine to a protest outside Queen's Park here in Toronto to protest the coward Premier Douglas Ford (brother of crack mayor) cutting the ever-living gently caress out of every service he can imagine.

The front page of the Toronto Sun had a picture of the guillotine with the caption "REDS WANT HEADS", and Dougie called the loving provincial cops on the guillotine makers for threatening his personal safety.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's really cool and good that Canada took one look at Donald Trump and got envious.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

should have elected an unwed woman who celebrated winning the election by getting knocked up

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The conservative guy who is gonna run (win) federally this election has hung out at our "yellow vest" protests and sorta endorsed them until normal people started noticing the yellow vest people are just a bunch of reactionary, islamophobic, racist assholes cause Canada is basically america but 5-10 years behind

Edit:

https://twitter.com/VestsCanada/status/1126825560339042304?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 10, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The entire Katyn Forest massacre was one dude putting in crazy overtime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

colachute posted:

Make them execute their own.

I would pay good money to see Billionaires fight to the death in a gladiatorial arena

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

weird we'd have these two nearly identical movements just show up out of nowhere on both sides of the atlantic like that, and that they're both quietly fash but courting the left

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DAS Super! posted:

I would pay good money to see Billionaires fight to the death in a gladiatorial arena

Make it a part of mergers and acquisitions.

"You REALLY put shareholders first? Then kill the CEO of Viacom in the Octagon, live on pay per view!"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
??????????

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1126815129218293760?s=19

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Holy crap, HR 553 is now up to 280.

This...

this might happen.

Updated non-sponsor list:

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th, 6th, 9th
California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
Connecticut: 1st, 5th
Florida: 3rd, 5th, 11th, 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th
Georgia: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd, 4th
Kentucky: 4th, 5th
Louisiana: 3rd, 6th
Maine: 2nd
Maryland: 1st, 5th,
Massachusetts: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th
Michigan: 3rd, 13th, 14th
Minnesota: 5th, 6th
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Missouri: 2nd, 5th, 6th
Nebraska: 1st, 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New Jersey: 9th
New Mexico: 2nd, 3rd
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 27th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 16th
Oklahoma: 3rd, 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th
South Carolina: 6th, 7th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th
Washington: 7th, 8th, 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

McNally fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 10, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I keep calling my MP about that bill but he just yells at me hanging up the phone

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Giuliani is heading to Kiev to dig up dirt on, among other people, Joe Biden's son Hunter.

quote:

WASHINGTON — Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, is encouraging Ukraine to wade further into sensitive political issues in the United States, seeking to push the incoming government in Kiev to press ahead with investigations that he hopes will benefit Mr. Trump.

Mr. Giuliani said he plans to travel to Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, in the coming days and wants to meet with the nation’s president-elect to urge him to pursue inquiries that allies of the White House contend could yield new information about two matters of intense interest to Mr. Trump.

One is the origin of the special counsel’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. The other is the involvement of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s son in a gas company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch.

Mr. Giuliani’s plans create the remarkable scene of a lawyer for the president of the United States pressing a foreign government to pursue investigations that Mr. Trump’s allies hope could help him in his re-election campaign. And it comes after Mr. Trump spent more than half of his term facing questions about whether his 2016 campaign conspired with a foreign power.

“We’re not meddling in an election, we’re meddling in an investigation, which we have a right to do,” Mr. Giuliani said in an interview on Thursday when asked about the parallel to the special counsel’s inquiry.

“There’s nothing illegal about it,” he said. “Somebody could say it’s improper. And this isn’t foreign policy — I’m asking them to do an investigation that they’re doing already and that other people are telling them to stop. And I’m going to give them reasons why they shouldn’t stop it because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/us/politics/giuliani-ukraine-trump.html

BigDave fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 10, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

To this day, I have no idea what Donnie believes about tariffs, though he's wrong no matter what.

He has been told several times what tariffs are and who pays. He either doesn't listen, doesn't care, or believes he can bullshit others into believing the Strong Daddy Trump nonsense.

The stock market is up because Donnie is awesome. The stock market is down because the Chinese are colluding with Democrats to make him look bad. Border apprehensions are down because his policies are working. Border apprehensions are up because it's a national emergency and his policies are working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I thought hunter Biden already had a bunch of "skeletons". Also didn't he leave his wife for his brother's wife after the brother died?