Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I made a merc that is basically the Man At Arms from Chiv

1/2/1

Arming Sword
Dagger
Throwing Axes

Dodge
And then whatever other perks you want.

Getting my eye back in definitely. I die a huge amount in frontline though as it is difficult to finish people before someone else comes up and kills me.

Oh well.

Game is so goddamn fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

3/3/3 and a maul. I call him MC HAMMER and I'm enjoying walking into groups of 2 or 3 players wearing no helmet or torso armor and just goin' to town. What's up with the people who only have on pants and carry a spear? They crumple under any weapon but Frontline servers are full of them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Untrustable posted:

3/3/3 and a maul. I call him MC HAMMER and I'm enjoying walking into groups of 2 or 3 players wearing no helmet or torso armor and just goin' to town. What's up with the people who only have on pants and carry a spear? They crumple under any weapon but Frontline servers are full of them.

The spear has basically no downsides so they're probably running Bloodlust + Dodge or something like that.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Why does the button say "Matchmaking" but i can freely change teams?

Orv
May 4, 2011
My vague understanding is that it's supposed to be skill-based matching into a server and beyond that it doesn't care but frankly I can't imagine how you could rate someone's skill in this game unless they're regularly going 60/3.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I'm 99% sure there is no Elo based matchmaking whatsoever and it just jams you in an open server

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me, they talked a little about skill matchmaking before launch and then never really mentioned it again AFAIK.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
There is no way skill based matchmaking is currently in the game.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

It isn't, but an ELO matchmaking was a stretch goal that was reached, iirc

Fake edit: yup

Real edit: also if you bastards were there back then and put your money where your mouth is, by now we could be fighting in the Crusades :mad: (boy, that would surely go well with the white supremacy angle :v: )

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 10, 2019

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Perestroika posted:

Personally I cannot for the life of me get used to using level 3 armour. Even just a helmet seems to have such an impact on your speed that it's a significant hindrance to controlling distance, and a full 3 loadout makes you borderline immobile. Besides, level 2 is generally enough to avoid 1hks from just about everything, which is more or less everything I want what with how easy it is to regain health.
One nice thing is nice that your leg armor has next to no impact on your speed. Which I like, because legs take the least damage overall anyways across the board (fun outliers to punish people who skip leg day aside).

1/1/3 is super fast! (While 2/0/0 or 0/2/0 is still a notable drop in speed). I can't think of any reason to take 1/1/3 unless the entire enemy team was using beartraps, but there yah go.

There are no downsides to protecting your legs except point cost and fashion needs.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 10, 2019

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Untrustable posted:

That's the only way to afford dodge and a spear. Personally I don't think it's worth it, but I also suck so ymmv.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

TorakFade posted:

Real edit: also if you bastards were there back then and put your money where your mouth is, by now we could be fighting in the Crusades :mad: (boy, that would surely go well with the white supremacy angle :v: )

I would have gladly backed this game on KS if I knew of it's existence. Somehow I didn't find out about it until like 2 days after release.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Getting a spear off the ground with a perk'd up loadout works, just don't die (until you get teamkilled by a catapult).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
My 3/3/3/tenacious/longsword Knight cosplay. loving owns and looks cool to boot. Same for my 2/2/2)bloodlust/battle axe Norman Invader cosplay. I'm terrible, but this game is great.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
3/2/2 Executioner's Sword, Tenacious.

Orv
May 4, 2011

TorakFade posted:

The combination of timing - too many KS and EA failures at that time - and the way Chivalry had ended up both mechanically and community wise made me extremely reluctant to back the game at the time but I really wish I had.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress you nerds 2/1/1 greatsword or 1/1/1 mace/buckler for me all day everyday

They'll probably do a crusades expansion somewhere down the line, and I'm 100% looking forward to it because I wanna be these fuckin dudes hell yeah:

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 10, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I don't like the greatsword at all. I'm very bad with it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i could see them doing saracen content later down the road what with how well the game did.

i'd be down with shamshirs and scimitars. not so down with the racism that's definitely gonna happen, but thats what hide chat is for i suppose.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

80% of the my time with the greatsword is using it half-sworded and stabbing nerds in their drat face.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Roobanguy posted:

i could see them doing saracen content later down the road what with how well the game did.

i'd be down with shamshirs and scimitars. not so down with the racism that's definitely gonna happen, but thats what hide chat is for i suppose.

Oh it'll be bad. I already got called a mud man on this game using the tannest skin and black hair

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it'll be real satisfying clowning on those dudes, for sure. I can't wait until they get all of the launch issues sorted out so they can go hard on releasing new gear and maps, they fixed the ghosting bug recently now too.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 10, 2019

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

lmao check out this fun and funny thing!!!

I guess yall were right about white supremacists being in this game. Wish it wasn't too late to refund.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The chuds were coming from INSIDE the game all along.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

I guess yall were right about white supremacists being in this game. Wish it wasn't too late to refund.

I have extremely bad news about literally all of multiplayer gaming now.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Orv posted:

I have extremely bad news about literally all of multiplayer gaming now.

No no no friend see the fundamental difference is that the embarrassing losers are supposed to be your clientele when you make a game... If they're sneaking assets into your game or worse being allowed to than that's very bad news!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Squeezy you should know by now that you can't do that sort of thing to this thread lol

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Yeah squeezy you might upset a racist on the internet!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol

Has anyone else's performance gotten worse since the hotfixes? Not counting the brief period of time between them introducing and fixing the party member UI element.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/bmvtza/when_roleplayers_discover_the_secret_new_horse_map/

this looks dope, horse battles needs to be its own game mode. Apparently it's a map that private server owns can add to their rotation but it doesn't have name or icon.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 10, 2019

Orv
May 4, 2011
I get the occasional FPS drop, sometimes it's a few seconds and sometimes it'll kick in half or more way into a match and persist until the next map. They're not frequent enough to kill my murder boner but when they do happen they're usually bad enough to kill my ability to do much fighting.

Motherfucker posted:

No no no friend see the fundamental difference is that the embarrassing losers are supposed to be your clientele when you make a game... If they're sneaking assets into your game or worse being allowed to than that's very bad news!

Wait what am I clearly not seeing in that screenshot?

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 10, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's the sort of issue I'm getting too. It's not bad all the time. Looking it up, it's apparently affecting a lot of people, so it looks like it may be one of those "fix an issue, introduce an issue" problems dev teams face lol

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Orv posted:

the hillarious meme hand that chuds love to do than pretend is totally innocent just like when the silly trickster who did the christchurch massacre flashed that poo poo in court.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

the hillarious meme hand that chuds love to do than pretend is totally innocent just like when the silly trickster who did the christchurch massacre flashed that poo poo in court.

Oh, it's great that there's so much garbage in the world that I can't keep up. I thought that was still just the punch thing. Christ.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

circle-game joke thing we used to do when we were kids where you make someone look down your fingers in that position and then it's like "gotcha bitch" and you hit them on the shoulder. lovely people are trying to co-opt it into some kind of white power symbol but of course if something has the chance to be related something lovely, it's 100% related to something lovely.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 10, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

circle-game joke thing we used to do when we were kids where you make someone look down your fingers in that position and then it's like "gotcha bitch" and you hit them on the shoulder. lovely people are trying to co-opt it into some kind of white power symbol but of course if something has the chance to be related something lovely, it's 100% related to something lovely.

;) loving textbook

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Orv posted:

it's the :ok_hand: meme, which is more of a general internet/teenager joke that because a lot of shitheads are directly associated with both people think just means hitler stuff now.

by people i mostly mean goons and twitter

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It absolutely is just a punch thing to the average person. NRS did the same joke in MK11 recently, normal people still see it as the gottem joke, only a tiny handful of racists and internet people see it as a racist thing.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's the :ok_hand: meme, which is more of a general internet/teenager joke that because a lot of shitheads are directly associated with both people think just means hitler stuff now.

by people i mostly mean goons and twitter

daww sweetie, this game makes a lot of references to internet memes I'm pretty sure they knew what they're about~ Like be real do you think they were referencing fun baby school shenanigans from the nineties or the relevant and more contemporary context?

Babe Magnet posted:

It absolutely is just a punch thing to the average person. NRS did the same joke in MK11 recently, normal people still see it as the gottem joke, only a tiny handful of racists and internet people see it as a racist thing.

I don't think you're qualified to speak for the normal people.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Oh God please stop. I've seen pics of Obama and the Pope doing that gesture and I don't think they're white supremacists :v:

Let's just go back to talking about smashing people in the face with an eveningstar, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I tried to get the horse map to play on a private small server but I couldn't, I wonder if there's something else I have to do. I wanna have team jousting shenanigans, plus I suck at hose combat and want to practice.