Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

I tried to get the horse map to play on a private small server but I couldn't, I wonder if there's something else I have to do. I wanna have team jousting shenanigans, plus I suck at hose combat and want to practice.

Is there any external server setup? Maplist.txt or something you need to add it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

TorakFade posted:

Oh God please stop. I've seen pics of Obama and the Pope doing that gesture and I don't think they're white supremacists :v:

Let's just go back to talking about smashing people in the face with an eveningstar, please?

Its been three years since obama was relevant... but you're right, anyhow the chud saturation rate is probably low since the game is actually good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I did all that, added it as the only map and I also tried adding it to a rotation of maps and manually switching to it. It doesn't give me any errors, just boots me off the server and server crashes. I'll keep messing with it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

If I see teens flashing it under there waist I assume their doing the punch game, if I see anyone older doing it I assume the worst.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

If I see teens flashing it under there waist I assume their doing the punch game, if I see anyone older doing it I assume the worst.

I see a game dev slipping it surreptitiously into art assets I veto my purchase for fear of financially enabling a scumfuck.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Got it to work, just deleted the entire server folder, scorched earth that bitch. Doesn't run too well, could be the recent performance issues though.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

Punch them both. You can't go wrong!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Great, now that I got lutebot working I have to put a lute on every mercenary so that I can play iron man whenever I kill someone.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'd love to learn to play it manually. That's where the real skillcheck is... lute dueling.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TorakFade posted:

It isn't, but an ELO matchmaking was a stretch goal that was reached, iirc

Fake edit: yup

Real edit: also if you bastards were there back then and put your money where your mouth is, by now we could be fighting in the Crusades :mad: (boy, that would surely go well with the white supremacy angle :v: )

I want a moorish/holy land update, but only if they give me another music instrument with it

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Babe Magnet posted:

Got it to work, just deleted the entire server folder, scorched earth that bitch. Doesn't run too well, could be the recent performance issues though.

My guess is that it's not "officially" in the game because of that :) it will probably get released once they iron out some performance issues; I can see how a huge open map filled with horses and people uh, horsing around, would bring the game to its knees - it's still in the post-launch-bug-fixing "let's see what happens when we have totally full servers of people doing random stuff" phase

Can't wait for that, it looks like tremendous fun, and more diverse maps are sorely needed

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I want a moorish/holy land update, but only if they give me another music instrument with it

war drums... NO, bagpipes...

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.
I still play circle hand game with a few people at my corporate job.

Did I just make us all racist and Hitler now? There should be some kinda thing you have to sign to become a nazi these days. Seems like literally anything you say or action you take just auto opts you into the club.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deadseedinside posted:

Seems like literally anything you say or action you take just auto opts you into the club.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

What if the teens flashed it in created assets while excluding people darker than manila in those same assets?

Gonna try to get this poo poo pulled from steam.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

deadseedinside posted:

Did I just make us all racist and Hitler now? There should be some kinda thing you have to sign to become a nazi these days. Seems like literally anything you say or action you take just auto opts you into the club.

when will they goddamn stop. First they came for this one specific dogwhistle and... thats it really, its social justice gonE MAD!!

Alternative response:

Maybe any action YOU take or anything YOU say... in which case I have bad news for you.

Alternative Alternative response:

I'm still playing THIS game so I too have played games coopted by racists, but I think the sane take for that is 'gently caress racists for ruining things' rather than 'gently caress people for being mad about racists ruining things'

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 10, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

deadseedinside posted:

stfu cop

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Agi builds for life.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TorakFade posted:

My guess is that it's not "officially" in the game because of that :)

Oh yeah it's still a work in progress. It doesn't have nearly the same level of detail as the other maps. Just a big open field, some trees, some broken building assets. Could use some kind of battle-lines in the background past the off-limits areas, or something. I could see this being really fun though.

It probably is just for testing purposes, but it's cool that it's accessible and playable regardless.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Babe Magnet posted:

circle-game joke thing we used to do when we were kids where you make someone look down your fingers in that position and then it's like "gotcha bitch" and you hit them on the shoulder. lovely people are trying to co-opt it into some kind of white power symbol but of course if something has the chance to be related something lovely, it's 100% related to something lovely.

Being 37 now, I remember this as a homophobic thing. The point was that you did it around crotch level, and you got to punch your buddy for being a fag and looking at your dick. That might have been a regional thing, but still. So it's always been terrible, and the chuds have been among us all along!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeurosisHead posted:

Being 37 now, I remember this as a homophobic thing. The point was that you did it around crotch level, and you got to punch your buddy for being a fag and looking at your dick. That might have been a regional thing, but still. So it's always been terrible, and the chuds have been among us all along!

You're still allowed to punch people for looking at your dick just like women can punch you for looking a they boobs.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Agi builds for life.

I still get tilted when I get run down by a guy in full plate... I know mechanically why that needs to be but golly does it shiver my timbers.

soy posted:

You're still allowed to punch people for looking at your dick just like women can punch you for looking a they boobs.

I know you don't need to hear this online too but you really suck as a person.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

soy posted:

Well, yes I suppose that's true. The problem exists in the messaging that being gay is a character trait deserving of first mockery and then violence. It's not.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

my backup burn is 'anyone looking at you is looking at your dick since you are 100% a dick'

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

horse map crashed, definitely not supposed to be playing it lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 10, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Our charming school game was writing 'the soap' on a piece of trash or something and handing it to someone and whoever put it down or threw it away was gay because they dropped the soap. The only way to lift the curse of the soap was to hand it to someone else or more usually throw it away when nobody was looking and interest was lost.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

If I see someone flashing the okay symbol at me, I assume that whatever I was showing them was okay.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
It’s nuts how the slightest pushback against bigotry in any form completely breaks the minds of gamers to the point they post a rag doll corpse saying “oh what about THIS I bet you’re mad about this” and they think they’ve owned those dreaded ess jay dubyas.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I'm confused, isn't that image just from random rag doll effects or are you actually claiming a dev has snuck it in intentionally?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Comrayn posted:

It’s nuts how the slightest pushback against bigotry in any form completely breaks the minds of gamers to the point they post a rag doll corpse saying “oh what about THIS I bet you’re mad about this” and they think they’ve owned those dreaded ess jay dubyas.

Seems like someone was mad about it, in this very thread, though.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm confused, isn't that image just from random rag doll effects or are you actually claiming a dev has snuck it in intentionally?

go look at the corpses on the ground in the battlefield map. they all do it. its intentional.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I've never seen it used as an actual "okay" hand sign without sarcasm. Like it's always with an eye-roll or a wink. There doesn't seem to be a pleasant way to use it lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's weird as gently caress that you cant be black in this game and it's annoying that theres no female models mostly because the voice lines are already hilarious and I want more of them

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Comrayn posted:

The person who posted it actually was mad but I can see how it might have looked like parody

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

it's weird as gently caress that you cant be black in this game and it's annoying that theres no female models mostly because the voice lines are already hilarious and I want more of them

The female models are being rectified, and quickly, though. The fact that they're not in actually does seem like an issue of time and manpower and funding, since there's a lot of rigging and design and concept and model and animation work that needs to be done, but you can already edit an .ini file and make a "female" character. It doesn't have a face, it animates super weird, and you can't take it in-game, but it's coming lol.

Babe Magnet posted:

still got some work though...

Now that they have a bunch of money I'm really hoping they hire on some new team members to really get the content rolling out.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

judging by their asset team they probably have a hard time keeping girls in the studio long enough to record voice lines~

As for very pointedly not including black skin till a little while AFTER the more important skin tones it was probably just till they could wrest control of the texture library from the sweaty rolls of their 'historical accuracy' obsessed neckbeard in charge of texturing...

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

judging by their asset team they probably have a hard time keeping girls in the studio long enough to record voice lines~

As for very pointedly not including black skin till a little while AFTER the more important skin tones it was probably just till they could wrest control of the texture library from the sweaty rolls of their 'historical accuracy' obsessed neckbeard in charge of texturing...

I've been running with dual short spears now and I like the build a lot. One to throw and one to stab. I really wish everyone picked up the goddamn friendly perk though.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The eveningstar is really sick even if it really is just a worse executioner sword. The exec just can't make up for the satisfying crunch you get landing a shot on someone's dome.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

There is low key some damage reduction to friendlies but its not enough to save your unarmored hide from a windmilling executioner if you happen to fight shirtless like all the cool people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the war axe is good for that too, with the bonus that it'll remove limbs as well. If you can stand having a slightly smaller weapon, the mace also makes really fun sounds when you cave in people's heads, and it's a 2-hit kill on any hit but legs, no matter the armor rating.