Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ivar Arpi, on leave from the editorial board of one of Sweden's biggest newspapers to, according to his twitter bio, "continue his investigation into how gender ideology is taking over Swedish universities", takes a break from this pressing issue to defend SD in this time of need.

https://twitter.com/Ivarpi/status/1125314342063366144

On the topic of Oscar Sjöstedt, SD's randian economics spokesperson, and his funny anecdotes about hanging out with Icelandic nazis who would kick dead animals and call them "die juden"

https://twitter.com/Ivarpi/status/1125339829590462464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
My man Arpi literally asked for money for "research" even though the book had his conclusion in the title.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

KozmoNaut posted:

He started taking pictures of cyclists breaking the traffic laws in minor ways, and shaming them on a public website in 2007, right?

Fits pretty well, I think. A sense of self-righteousness on overdrive, further amplified by brain damage.

E: I'll echo the question of why the gently caress he hasn't been disbarred yet.

Interestingly his membership of R was before the head injury.

I, for one, am thrilled that upwards of 5% of the population wants to vote for a literally brain-damaged racist.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I would have no problem voting for a brain- damaged politician if their politics were good. I get that it is funny, but you're all being pretty ableist so maybe stop harping on that and focus on the Nazi scum part.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

See, that's the thing, his policies aren't good, they're horrific and include ethnic cleansing, and it's not a giant leap to assume his head injury had something to do with him turning into a rabid racist piece of poo poo. If it's ableist to not want mentally impaired, criminal racists practising law or indeed passing them, or tossing my friends out of an airplane, then that's fine, I guess I'm Dr. Mengele or whatever.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

thotsky posted:

I would have no problem voting for a brain- damaged politician if their politics were good. I get that it is funny, but you're all being pretty ableist so maybe stop harping on that and focus on the Nazi scum part.

imo it's ok not to want someone with lasting brain damage (if that's what's happened) in a position of power, the same as it's imo ok to prefer your porters not to be wheelchair-bound

i likewise would prefer my parliamentarians not to be psychotic or suffer from e.g. down's syndrome. this is not because they're worthless people or anything but there's things your disability can be compatible with and things with which it cannot, and in the case of emotional derangement or mental impairment i'd personally say that political office is the latter

this goes even if you're a red-blooded communist, but obviously the dude being a really nasty sort of racist is much worse

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Let's review:

quote:

Under sagen kom det frem, at Rasmus Paludan i 2005 var udsat for en ulykke. Ved ulykken slog han hovedet, hvilket medførte en adfærdsændring, således han fik svært ved at klare konflikter. Ulykken efterlod Paludan med en méngrad på 25 procent og et erhvervsevnetab på ligeledes 25 procent.

He literally hurt his head so bad it changed his personality for the worse and impaired his ability to work, leaving him unable to deal with even small conflicts. This is from court documents concerning a case where he harassed a police officer. The officer was involved with an investigation pertaining to a request for a restraining order against him, and Paludan surmised it must've involved a homosexual relationship. He belongs in a loving treatment ward, not political office.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jesus. I just spotted one of the KD signs in the wild "make EU lagom again"

How did "lets reference Trump" pass all the political checks and balances all the way to publication?

Do they think young Flashbackers with Pepe shirts are going to vote for the Christian party with a whole range of straight racist parties to choose from?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

How did "lets reference Trump" pass all the political checks and balances all the way to publication?

Do they think young Flashbackers with Pepe shirts are going to vote for the Christian party with a whole range of straight racist parties to choose from?

Sörmlandstrafiken did something similar with loving taking the buses and I felt disgusted that no one thought “let’s associate public transit with a racist demagogue.”

I’m kind of hoping that someone calls out KD for this but lol at genuinely confronting racism here. I’ve seen knockoff MAGA hats at Buttericks for fucks sake.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

Well them and milquetoast conservatives and right-wing stragglers from C, L and M. A young higly educated relative told me she's voting for KD in this election. When asked why she told me 'because they care about healthcare', which is such a laughably falsifiable claim if you follow politics but I guess if it's on a lot of posters then people latch unto it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Katt posted:

Cause it is a meme by now and contrary to what media believes, the Swedish population basically only refer to Trump as that weird president in a long row of weird US presidents (see Bush, Clinton, Reagan). One could easily argue that Swedish media is more interested in US politics than Swedish, which is not to say that the same thing applies to the general Swedish population.
KD is simply taking a page from SDs method book by doing an ad that specifically pisses off the media, since A: they know media is never going to be on their side and B: common people are going to see medias reaction as (justifiably so) silly.

Also:
https://twitter.com/viktorbk/status/1125805000104529927

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Well them and milquetoast conservatives and right-wing stragglers from C, L and M. A young higly educated relative told me she's voting for KD in this election. When asked why she told me 'because they care about healthcare', which is such a laughably falsifiable claim if you follow politics but I guess if it's on a lot of posters then people latch unto it.

As long as it's alliansen cannibalizing itself I'm ok with this dumb poo poo. But lol at the idea of Christian Democrats making EU anything but more of what it is, with them being the biggest group in EP and all.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Cardiac posted:

Cause it is a meme by now and contrary to what media believes, the Swedish population basically only refer to Trump as that weird president in a long row of weird US presidents (see Bush, Clinton, Reagan).
Uh no. That's not true in any way. I have never met a single Swede who isn't KD, SD or even further right who isn't openly against him in a way that was never present even with Bush who was pretty universally loathed. It's a constant subject matter in public transportation and it's never positive or even neutral. He is hated in a level that is unprecedented.

also lol that media is never on KDs side. Last year KD were pretty much the media darlings all year up until the election.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rutkowski posted:

Uh no. That's not true in any way. I have never met a single Swede who isn't KD, SD or even further right who isn't openly against him in a way that was never present even with Bush who was pretty universally loathed. It's a constant subject matter in public transportation and it's never positive or even neutral. He is hated in a level that is unprecedented.

also lol that media is never on KDs side. Last year KD were pretty much the media darlings all year up until the election.

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah but no but yeah. Swedes are more curious and kiiiinda naive about Trump, but don’t support him unless they’re further right than KD/SD, and they’ll let you know.

Most Swedes, however, will ask me how I feel about Trump as an American. I’m painfully brown.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I’ve met exactly one person who is pro trump, and that person is legitimately a complete and utter moron, and extremely concerned about Hillary Clintons emails still. The person is obviously very racist but doesn’t think they are racist, because “it’s just facts”, and is also pro Nye Borgerlige (possibly stram kurs as well, but I haven’t talked to the person since they became a thing). By the best guesstimates there are about 5% actual, literal, psychopaths and sociopaths in society, and that’s about the same % of people supporting trump in Denmark. Pretty sure that’s a Venn diagram which is more or less just a circle.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sounds like a guy I know. He's all up in the libertarianism and free market capitalism stuff, but only when he personally agrees with the choices a business makes. He also hates big government, except when it strengthens border controls or makes life lovely for immigrants.

I enjoy pointing out his hypocrisy.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Rutkowski posted:

Trump's great.

When Bush was president, Swedes blamed me for America having voting for him.

When Trump got elected, they just felt sorry for me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Groda posted:

Trump's great.

When Bush was president, Swedes blamed me for America having voting for him.

When Trump got elected, they just felt sorry for me.

I still get “but what about Bernie?”

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Another Stram Kurs candidate has been announced. It's Helmuth Nyborg, the race and IQ guy. He's so far the only candidate without numerous convictions under his belt.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

extremely concerned about Hillary Clintons emails still

To be fair, there is a lot to be concerned about, but it's not like they won't field another candidate that easily loses to him.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

but it's not like they won't field another candidate that easily loses to him.

Cursed post.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MiddleOne posted:

Cursed post.

Cursed world.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

Another Stram Kurs candidate has been announced. It's Helmuth Nyborg, the race and IQ guy. He's so far the only candidate without numerous convictions under his belt.

To be fair, there is a lot to be concerned about, but it's not like they won't field another candidate that easily loses to him.

Also the gender and IQ guy (women are stupider obviously). Considering how fundamentally terrible and laughable his research was, it's completely baffling how he was a professor for as long as he was. I cannot stress how bad, at both a methodological and theoretical level, his research was. Many a statistics student have been failed for less, and that's even discounting the copy/paste of early eugenics theory he used. Stram Kurs is like a honeypot for the absolutely worst people in Denmark.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Also the gender and IQ guy (women are stupider obviously). Considering how fundamentally terrible and laughable his research was, it's completely baffling how he was a professor for as long as he was. I cannot stress how bad, at both a methodological and theoretical level, his research was. Many a statistics student have been failed for less, and that's even discounting the copy/paste of early eugenics theory he used. Stram Kurs is like a honeypot for the absolutely worst people in Denmark.

I'm aware. He was acquitted for scientific misconduct, though, because we live in hellworld.

Also noteworthy that he hung around Daniel Carlsen, the dyed-in-the-wool nazi with swastikas and everything, who "hadn't yet murdered a Jew". What a cool, normal country we live in.

V. Illych L. posted:

i likewise would prefer my parliamentarians not to be psychotic or suffer from e.g. down's syndrome.

Just want to add that I'd totally vote for somebody with Down's, provided that they're on the functional end of the scale. Rarely will you encounter more friendly and naturally compassionate people, which would be a huge step up from the two-thirds in parliament who're legit sociopaths and still require minders to guide their every move.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 8, 2019

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

SplitSoul posted:

Just want to add that I'd totally vote for somebody with Down's, provided that they're on the functional end of the scale. Rarely will you encounter more friendly and naturally compassionate people, which would be a huge step up from the two-thirds in parliament who're legit sociopaths and still require minders to guide their every move.

...you know, I've encountered a number of special ed kids over the years (and my mother worked as a special ed teacher for most of her career) and I guess a bunch of those kids would do a better job than some of the politicans we currently have.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Groke posted:

...you know, I've encountered a number of special ed kids over the years (and my mother worked as a special ed teacher for most of her career) and I guess a bunch of those kids would do a better job than some of the politicans we currently have.

For one I bet they have a sense of empathy

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

McCloud posted:

For one I bet they have a sense of empathy

At least a good number of them do.

And most of them are really poo poo at deception. What you see is what you're going to get.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Groke posted:

When I was a kid my mom worked at a care center. She brought me with her to work a couple of times. A lot of them had no language beyond high-pitched screams or a few phrases they'd repeat endlessly while intermittently punching themselves in the head. Some would show dissatisfaction by grabbing poo poo from their diapers and smearing it on the walls.

So, same.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I case you were wondering if Denmark is only bad on account of being irredeemably racist, then no, also quite misogynistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/10/and-the-least-feminist-nation-in-the-world-is-denmark

Meanwhile, DR have poll about how men and women would vote and, uhm. Twice as many men as women would vote danish peoples party. Three times as many men would vote nye borgerlige. Four times as many men would vote stram kurs. Twice as many women would vote enhedslisten. #Killallmen I guess.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ah, it's from YouGov.

They habitually exaggerate the support for right-wing parties in their polls. It's a for-profit very nearly MLM type organization, known for drawing in right-leaning people.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I case you were wondering if Denmark is only bad on account of being irredeemably racist, then no, also quite misogynistic.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/10/and-the-least-feminist-nation-in-the-world-is-denmark

Meanwhile, DR have poll about how men and women would vote and, uhm. Twice as many men as women would vote danish peoples party. Three times as many men would vote nye borgerlige. Four times as many men would vote stram kurs. Twice as many women would vote enhedslisten. #Killallmen I guess.

The men-women ratio is also a fact for SD.
A better question would be why the established parties have a harder time recruiting male voters compared to female.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cardiac posted:

The men-women ratio is also a fact for SD.
A better question would be why the established parties have a harder time recruiting male voters compared to female.

why is this a better question?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

why is this a better question?

You don’t find it interesting why conservative nationalist parties attract a larger ratio of men to women?
Looking at Swedish parties, SD is the only one with this ratio, while all others have higher ratio of women to men. And since SD is a relatively new party, these voters must have come from existing parties.

Of course, if your explanation model is that men are inherently more racist and misogynistic, you don’t care. But such an explanation model is obviously stupid and simplistic.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
So you're saying you're male.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Maybe the women in Scandinavia feel that life is decent? They can get a career, new freedoms etc. While a lot of guys seem to feel like they were robbed of something they were promised?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zombiepop posted:

Maybe the women in Scandinavia feel that life is decent? They can get a career, new freedoms etc. While a lot of guys seem to feel like they were robbed of something they were promised?
What I want to know is what the gently caress they feel they were promised.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cardiac posted:

You don’t find it interesting why conservative nationalist parties attract a larger ratio of men to women?
What do you think the Venn diagram looks like for racist men and misogynists?

Here’s some reading for those who actually give a poo poo:

https://twitter.com/wagatwe/status/1126653356028514305

Zombiepop posted:

Maybe it’s FYGM? Maybe it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what feminism is, partly because it’s been purposefully misrepresented? Who could tell?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cardiac posted:

Looking at Swedish parties, SD is the only one with this ratio, while all others have higher ratio of women to men. And since SD is a relatively new party, these voters must have come from existing parties.

Of course, if your explanation model is that men are inherently more racist and misogynistic, you don’t care. But such an explanation model is obviously stupid and simplistic.

the ratio is interesting, but the way you put it initially it sounds like what's interesting is specifically the movement of males from 'established' parties

fwiw women are also overrepresented on the 'non-established' left in norway do this being an 'established' effect seems less likely than it being a protest effect or general rightward trend, probably predicated on some identity politic - typically these guys seem to care more about 'their' issues (like toll roads - totemic for a lot of periphery issues and for car culture as a primarily masculine identity marker) than institutions and general ideology, which indicates a tendency toward disillusionment etc

not sure that the effect is so strong if you weigh for people's workplaces, though - women are more likely to be in the public sector by quite a lot, so who knows

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

evil_bunnY posted:

What do you think the Venn diagram looks like for racist men and misogynists?

Here’s some reading for those who actually give a poo poo:

https://twitter.com/wagatwe/status/1126653356028514305

Maybe it’s FYGM? Maybe it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what feminism is, partly because it’s been purposefully misrepresented? Who could tell?

that seems like a peculiarly american analysis imo, you can say a lot of stuff among krf but white supremacist they are not

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

that seems like a peculiarly american analysis imo, you can say a lot of stuff among krf but white supremacist they are not

They're just willing to work together with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

that seems like a peculiarly american analysis imo
Fair.

Every white old racist I’ve come across has also held lovely opinions re:feminism so the intersectionality doesn’t surprise me.