Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K26wYBzV_A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

ah, the sparatuvs method.

i thought the sparatuvs method was to post like you had an untreated mental illness?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i don't know who sparatuvs is

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't know who sparatuvs is
horrific existence lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/lorengrush/status/1126582358713483264?s=21

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

he also wants to go full gundam colonies apparently?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

And millions upon millions of galaxy-brain takes like this!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

the paradigm shift posted:

Bezos; duke of Neo New Orleans: we need to crash us right into those motherfuckers over there.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

nankeen posted:

horrific existence lol

i also don't know who that is

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Lol, a trillion humans to support a few thousand Mozarts.

Stephen Jay Gould posted:

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's Tamers

Tamers is real good

heck yeah

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/kCG8D9i.mp4

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

drat he had a party, hope he got some water to rehydrate.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I would like to see the rest of that video.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

double nine posted:

Lol, a trillion humans to support a few thousand Mozarts.

a while ago i got into a wikihole of 90s evolutionary biologist drama. gould and lewontin 0wn

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you read the passage in the science book about birds getting drunk off fermented fruit but i never thought to watch a video

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://i.imgur.com/lDEWtfr.mp4

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Volkerball posted:

hockey is bullshit

Soccer, but fast and on ice. It's amazing.

The things people do for entertainment.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nevvy Z posted:

Soccer, but fast and on ice.

Does it have offside rules? Because then it is a garbage sport by default. :colbert:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Randler posted:

Does it have offside rules? Because then it is a garbage sport by default. :colbert:

yes, and you are extremely wrong, hockey owns

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

loving annoying can't even files a good race this weekend im stuck watching brits and irish fall off bikes on a road course and not even one of the good ones

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

yes. that's why i posted hockey is bullshit to begin with. they disallowed the game tying goal in game 7 of the playoffs after a lengthy review because they determined dude in the white up at the end who is getting on the bench was offsides re: the blue line.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Maybe the Avs should practice line changes this offseason. :smug:

Honestly with the teams left I was happy with either of those 2 teams moving on to hopefully win the Cup. Sharks place a bit higher for me because Jumbo needs a Cup before he retires and I love the idea of Melnyk selling low on Karlsson only for him to go on and win it all and also Burns is from my city so he would probably bring the Cup here.

Avs have plenty of young players and will be contenders for the next half decade at the very least.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

figure it wouldn't be on brand not to give you guys a BOILER UPDATE 2019

my landlord decided that he'd had enough of six apartments in two separate buildings having only a single boiler - because you see, now he can't charge us extra because we can't tell who's using the water. that has to change. this means every apartment is getting its own small boiler and new pipes connecting to it. now, unfortunately this is an old building and it's also very bad, and also we all still live here, so they can't just open up the walls and put in the pipes. great idea: how about outside of the walls? i'd post a picture but im afraid it'd just get added to goon lore. there's a boiler hanging above my toilet like a spider, legs branching out across my bathroom walls. every one of my rooms will have these exposed pipes just kind of chilling on my walls, which is extremely good.

this is at least done by actual plumbers, but after-hours of course. this means it's been two weeks already since they started and in between their visits im stuck with holes in my walls and pipes cluttering my apartment. to top it off, today they drilled through my ceiling into the apartment above me to connect those up and they managed to hit the earlier in-wall plumbing. more specifically a drainage pipe that had apparently been installed backwards and with a dip meaning that it had broken before and was just waiting to be pushed out again. and that's what happened and some really foul smelling drain water fell through my ceiling onto my bedroom floor and the entire apartment smelled like drainage all day. and even though my upstairs neighbours said they knew that drain was broken and that they hadn't used it because of that for months, something up there's still hooked up to it because it's leaking water now.

anyway, being poor sucks, sacrifice your landlord to the angry boiler god.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

sure he saves a little by making you pay the water bill but what's the plan when a tenant dies or moves out who the hell is going to move into one of those instead of an equally lovely apartment without exposed hot water lines

also your summer is going to suck

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

R. Mute posted:

figure it wouldn't be on brand not to give you guys a BOILER UPDATE 2019

my landlord decided that he'd had enough of six apartments in two separate buildings having only a single boiler - because you see, now he can't charge us extra because we can't tell who's using the water. that has to change. this means every apartment is getting its own small boiler and new pipes connecting to it. now, unfortunately this is an old building and it's also very bad, and also we all still live here, so they can't just open up the walls and put in the pipes. great idea: how about outside of the walls? i'd post a picture but im afraid it'd just get added to goon lore. there's a boiler hanging above my toilet like a spider, legs branching out across my bathroom walls. every one of my rooms will have these exposed pipes just kind of chilling on my walls, which is extremely good.

this is at least done by actual plumbers, but after-hours of course. this means it's been two weeks already since they started and in between their visits im stuck with holes in my walls and pipes cluttering my apartment. to top it off, today they drilled through my ceiling into the apartment above me to connect those up and they managed to hit the earlier in-wall plumbing. more specifically a drainage pipe that had apparently been installed backwards and with a dip meaning that it had broken before and was just waiting to be pushed out again. and that's what happened and some really foul smelling drain water fell through my ceiling onto my bedroom floor and the entire apartment smelled like drainage all day. and even though my upstairs neighbours said they knew that drain was broken and that they hadn't used it because of that for months, something up there's still hooked up to it because it's leaking water now.

anyway, being poor sucks, sacrifice your landlord to the angry boiler god.

honestly at this point i'd suggest moving in with a friend or your family or just about anywhere which is not the boiler killzone

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if u don't mind moving to norway i can hook you up

you'd probably need, like, a job first though

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

let me introduce you to the housing market in my city

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

honestly at this point i'd suggest moving in with a friend or your family or just about anywhere which is not the boiler killzone
it's not the hellscape im depicting it as. most of the time it's fine. it's just when drainage is flowing into my bedroom that i get cranky

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the paradigm shift posted:

hell, same

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i recently read a clickbait article on how to live on minimum wage and it was full of jewels of wisdom like "don't take on debt" and "try to avoid eating out". i have a strong urge to find the author and kill them

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Instead of getting a ride share to your murder victim, try walking.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i recently read a clickbait article on how to live on minimum wage and it was full of jewels of wisdom like "don't take on debt" and "try to avoid eating out". i have a strong urge to find the author and kill them

"manage being poor by being poor" *nods sagely*

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gently caress the bruins forever

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Also don't buy lottery tickets.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
oh i'm also full of rage over hud moving to throw children onto the street because someone living in their apartment doesn't have legal status

not to be hyperbolic, but it reminds me of the diaries i've read through the rise of the nazis. the screws squeeze tighter and tighter slowly enough that bystanders can avoid seeing it

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the screws squeeze tighter and tighter slowly enough that bystanders can avoid seeing it
yeah

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i'm getting really exhausted watching the turning screws of racial hate infiltrating every layer of australian politics and non-political life. the people i'm arguing with about it aren't jewish and when i try to explain to them how turning a society into a xenophobic murder machine is a slow process that takes many years of conditioning and preparation, it's not just someone suddenly taking over the government and saying "ok we're killing all the [group] starting today", and we may not be at that final step yet but we're a long way into the process, they say i'm being hysterical. and they're not watching out for it like i am, so they don't see what i see, which is people i've known and trusted all my life are becoming more and more racist, and more and more violently so, every single day. i have to keep speaking up about it because i can't in good conscience let it slide, but the constant resistance and being told i'm crazy every single time i bring it up is really starting to wear on me. especially when they tell me i'm playing some sort of "card"!

nankeen fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 12, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
it's harrowing. "if i had to hide, who would i hide with?" has been a question i just automatically asked myself from a very early age, and i'm learning now that many of the people i would have assumed were trustworthy are actually not. there's nobody in the town i'm currently in who i would actually trust now to help if the government started rounding up muslims and/or africans tomorrow. the propaganda has done its magic. then when it comes to the jews, and as soon as the people up top agitating for the deaths of muslims and black australians get a bit of positive feedback, it will come to the jews... they say to me "oh everybody in australia loves the jews, it'll be fine" and i feel like i'm going insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Build a raft out of quail and ride it out into the ocean to find your own island like those ants saving their queen during a flood.

Im trying to make a joke to hide the fact that Im honestly quite terrified that Canada is not going to be a safe haven for minorities or people being persecuted around the world when everything starts to head south. :(