Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah I don't actually hate the actor it's just fun to have an outlet for everything and D&D aren't on screen enough for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Why was Gendry a hero of Winterfell again? What amazing thing did he do that no one else did? For all of its hour and a half runtime, I remember very little about most of the content of episode 3.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

ashpanash posted:

Why was Gendry a hero of Winterfell again? What amazing thing did he do that no one else did? For all of its hour and a half runtime, I remember very little about most of the content of episode 3.

He made the dragonglass weapons

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

He bedded the actual hero of winterfell and as we learned from Varys last episode he has a cock and that’s more important than being the actual hero, which was totally cool and in keeping with varys’ character and not at all at odds with him saying exactly the opposite in earlier seasons and having no reason to change that

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Guze posted:

He made the dragonglass weapons

He was like one of thirty people making weapons and poo poo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bran should warg into Ravens who carry his body away, like Stoop Kid from Hey Arnold

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

ashpanash posted:

He was like one of thirty people making weapons and poo poo

Sure, but he's the one we know and putting a Baratheon in Storms End is an easy way to give Daenerys a loyal ally.

It's so far down the list of issues with this season.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
These guesses about who dies, and how, are pretty similar to the "leaked" spoilers

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1126932441543970822

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Guze posted:

Oh, definitely, I just thought that maybe I had missed something. Apparently not, just par for the course.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Guze posted:

Sure, but he's the one we know and putting a Baratheon in Storms End is an easy way to give Daenerys a loyal ally.

the writers trying to spin that as a controversial thing and a reason for sansa to dislike dany was fuckin duuuuuuumb

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, Pilou Asbæk seems like he read the script, shrugged, and went 'might as well have some fun with this!'

He is good and doing what he can.

Guze posted:

She is mad at Jon for the better claim, and went on to give Gendry a better one as well. :shepface:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Zedd posted:

He is good and doing what he can.

That's actually super heartbreaking- and definitely plays into the idea that D&D are probably falling prey to the same problem George Lucas did- no one wanted to question their vision.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

From what I've seen in social media Euron's actor seems like a really cool guy that just got handed a really lovely script. At least he seems to be having fun

http://youtubedoubler.com/stvJ

But really, Pilou Asbæk makes Euron seem like a cool guy to have a beer with.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

JVNO posted:

That's actually super heartbreaking- and definitely plays into the idea that D&D are probably falling prey to the same problem George Lucas did- no one wanted to question their vision.

Iirc when the guy playing Barristan Selmy complained about his character's death Benioff said it made him want to kill him off even more, lol

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Zohar posted:

Iirc when the guy playing Barristan Selmy complained about his character's death Benioff said it made him want to kill him off even more, lol

How did Barristan Selmy die? I can’t remember.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Zohar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc&t=4390s

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Raccooon posted:

Killed by a random Sons of the Harpy in a fight that also saw Greyworm injured

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Raccooon posted:

Got stabbed by a son of the Harpy during a street brawl, fell on his knees, and as the son was about to finish the job by cutting Selmy's throat open, Grey Worm came to the rescue and killed the son before he could kill Selmy.

And then at the start of the next episode Selmy was dead anyway.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Raccooon posted:

Murdered in Mereen.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Yeah, and the dude in question had read the books, knew that Barristan had a much more important role in them and had been looking forward to acting it. Not that big of a deal for the show in the end given that they can't take everything from the books, but in retrospect probably a warning sign for other interesting book characters getting dumbed way the gently caress down like Euron

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

I mean we all know you decided to blindly hate everything a long time ago, but there are plenty of us who actually like the direction the plot is heading, we just didn't like the way episode 4 was executed.

is this supposed to be sarcasm because the show is real bad now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/game-of-thrones Last episode the second-lowest rated in GoT history (57%, three percent higher than Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken)

This season the lowest-rated with distance (78%, every other one has minimum 91%)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm rewatching from season 1 and man halfway through and Arya has had 0 lines despite appearing in a bunch of scenes as a focus

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Ginette Reno posted:

is this supposed to be sarcasm because the show is real bad now

70 minutes of darkness was fine, it’s the episode where we could see what was going on that was definitely worse

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zohar posted:

Yeah, and the dude in question had read the books, knew that Barristan had a much more important role in them and had been looking forward to acting it. Not that big of a deal for the show in the end given that they can't take everything from the books, but in retrospect probably a warning sign for other interesting book characters getting dumbed way the gently caress down like Euron

The dude in question was also well on his way to needing a breastplate stretcher and it was getting a bit harder to take him seriously in the role.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
The secret Cleganebowl picture leak's had an extra point added to it, to be taken for what it's worth:

quote:

Tyrion sees or listens to Varys telling Jon he would be a better ruler than Dany. John pretty much says "na bro she's my queen". Tyrion tells Dany (Tyrion still believes that she will be a good queen) that Varys is trying to convince Jon into betraying her. Dany is upset at Tyrion and Varys for knowing the truth about Jons real identity. Dany decides to burn (for betraying her) Varys with her dragon. Dany is also upset at Jon for telling Sansa because she feels like the word is going to spread.

e:

DrNutt posted:

The dude in question was also well on his way to needing a breastplate stretcher and it was getting a bit harder to take him seriously in the role.

Was he? Can't remember ever noticing that tbh

Zohar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 11, 2019

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

drat tyrion you just gonna snitch on your boy like that?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Varys is a piece of poo poo. The only king he was loyal to was the mad king because he could manipulate him like crazy. Dude is just a merman wormtongue

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It is kinda sad that the show itself mentions the dog sized ice spiders but nope, nothing doing

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
For those who aren't paying attention to the Game of Leaks, an extremely reputable Star Wars leaker has just come out and basically thrown their reputation on the line that they were given info that corroborates the 'Spanish Leaks.'

In addition, Sofia, the person originally behind the Spanish Leaks, deleted all her stuff under claims that HBO threatened to sue her if she did not. All might be bullshit, of course.

A third source has also started claiming the Spanish Leaks is true.

At this point the most interesting thing left is seeing the war between the leaks, reputable sources basically coming out with completely different info.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Sky Shadowing posted:

For those who aren't paying attention to the Game of Leaks, an extremely reputable Star Wars leaker has just come out and basically thrown their reputation on the line that they were given info that corroborates the 'Spanish Leaks.'

In addition, Sofia, the person originally behind the Spanish Leaks, deleted all her stuff under claims that HBO threatened to sue her if she did not. All might be bullshit, of course.

At this point the most interesting thing left is seeing the war between the leaks, reputable sources basically coming out with completely different info.

I don't buy it, why the gently caress would Tyrion betray to join Cersei? Even for this dumb show that makes zero sense.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Watching reddit drive themselves insane over what leaks are true is a lot of fun.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tyrion going traitor would be the most legendarily stupid “twist” of all time so it will absolutely happen :lol:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

HBO actually created two versions of the episode and leaked details for both to see which version plays better among the fans

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It would make no sense whatsoever.

Especially going traitor to explode King's Landing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sky Shadowing posted:

quote:

Euron and his men try to shoot Dany and Drogon, but Dany dodges them at every turn.
Dany has a sword with a red stone in the middle. Could be a legendary Targaryen Valyrian Steel sword.

Sure why not.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Lmao Barristan Selmy in his big and tall sized armor

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

lmao, this is fanfic and has never been anything but fanfic. Frikidoctor is still posting on freefolk despite actually being threatened by HBO many times. The people behind the spanish leak are just attentionseeking. Anyone who reads it should instantly be able to tell its fanfic.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it is true that the spanish leaks suck rear end therefore Mad Queen Dany is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

romanowski posted:

HBO actually created two versions of the episode and leaked details for both to see which version plays better among the fans

Imagine thinking ahead like this instead of just writing a competent story.