Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Counterpoint, Billy Bob is acting like a huge bitch baby and he’s out of his mind thinking that anyone on earth cares about his rockabilly band for any reason other than his celebrity status. Still a classic interview though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

UltraRed posted:

Don't ream CSPAM. CSPAM somehow managed to be worse than D&D.

absolutely wrong except for the Trump thread which is probably the worst collection of posters on the forum

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

UltraRed posted:

it's too late

i am become liberalstomper58

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kickascii posted:

*tries to read the the 20th take of a pre written joke as spontaneous*

I'm Jad Abumrad

Jad ABOOMrad

Jad AboumRAHD

Jad? *obvious startle* AhBUMrack

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Space Camp fuckup posted:

absolutely wrong except for the Trump thread which is probably the worst collection of posters on the forum

Don't forget the mods

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

UltraRed posted:

Don't forget the mods

im sorry that cspam hurt you but its time for lightning fill in the blank

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

UltraRed posted:

While this is definitely something an NPR employee would say I'm not sure they read SA.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
this week's game is a little something we like to call 'mods knew,' as always if you can successfully answer at least two of the three puzzles, you get this week's prize!
forum user UltraRed, you could win Jimmy Carter's voice on your own personalized outgoing voicemail!

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 10, 2019

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

CSPAM was insufferable during the 2016 elections, but the people who made it insufferable and probably like NPR have mostly vacated after the 2016 elections. Now it's filled with people who recognize that trump trying to overthrow the government of venezuela is bad, unlike NPR.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*starts sweating over guest phoning in talking about america's horrible history of imperialism in south america, how the US previously tried to coup venezuela in 2002, and how supporting trump in overthrowing venezuela to take over the oil is bad*

*invited guest dismisses criticisms as venezuelan and russian propaganda*

*breathes sigh of relief and continues onto next caller sympathetic to overthrowing the government of venezuela*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
*Invites mayor and school board president to speak about .00001 tax increase to fund School DeLousing Programs + General Vermin Extermination*

"Isn't it true that there are kindergartners that can't read in your schools? Why should more taxes fund this"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
*is boring*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Welcome back to the program Noah Failson from the Fuckhead Policy Institute. Now tell us more about how Putin is using instagram memes to mind control americans into supporting Trump and Black Lives Matter.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

Welcome back to the program Noah Failson from the Fuckhead Policy Institute. Now tell us more about how Putin is using instagram memes to mind control americans into supporting Trump and Black Lives Matter.

you seem pretty mad about npr

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anecdote from chomsky about getting so angry listening to npr he got a speeding ticket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLaP_-KXPDY&t=16s

I noticed this same thing when NPR vacuously talked about stuff like how great Macron is without specifying what policies he supports.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Relayer posted:

we're not mad, just dissapointed

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Coolness Averted posted:

mmmmmmmm he seems kinda mad

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

SoR Blaze posted:

I'm Ofeibea Quist-Arcton

*inhales*

DAKAAAAAAAAAR

I honest to god had no idea how to appropriately say, let alone spell her name, I just knew that she was the African lady who says ACCRAAA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Relayer posted:

Also sounds like he's probably never listened to NPR tbh.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I heard npr live in my car talk about the sinister russian plot to use instagram to mind control americans

They won't shut the gently caress about russian mind control rays

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I love how they have one person be correspondents to several different categories. I can imagine someone running back and forth to different studios.

That was Education correspondent, Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, KPCC.

*sprinting to other studio*

*gasp* This is trans - *gasp*-portation correspondent, Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, KP-she-she

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

If you don't like NPR, there are other stations. AM radio still exists...for now!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

This is my precise relationship with public radio

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are lots of other stations. You just have to find them or...I mean, it is WILDLY ILLEGAL but you can do it yourself. Not a 'podcast'.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Coolness Averted posted:

this, yes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Coolness Averted posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

not empty quoting dis

but for real yeah. KQED/NPR was basically my staple when attending community college and drives to/from from like 06-09, especially back pre-podcast poo poo. increasingly i realized the succ over the years and now i ride casual carpool and standard practice is to have KQED on in the morning drive so i get to listen to it every day for like 40 minutes and sometime its just loving infuriating because its so disappointing since they can do better. whenever they invite some trump or ex-bush admin shithead or My-FAWTHER east coast nepotistic shithead running some institute to talk about "well actually locking up brown children and raping them and forbidding them from getting abortions is good" and hosts just go "ok neat, well lots of opinions out there on this one!" its like asdfksdjflasdfasd

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Xaris posted:

not empty quoting dis

but for real yeah. KQED/NPR was basically my staple when attending community college and drives to/from from like 06-09, especially back pre-podcast poo poo. increasingly i realized the succ over the years and now i ride casual carpool and standard practice is to have KQED on in the morning drive so i get to listen to it every day for like 40 minutes and sometime its just loving infuriating because its so disappointing since they can do better. whenever they invite some trump or ex-bush admin shithead or My-FAWTHER east coast nepotistic shithead running some institute to talk about "well actually locking up brown children and raping them and forbidding them from getting abortions is good" and hosts just go "ok neat, well lots of opinions out there on this one!" its like asdfksdjflasdfasd

Have you tried listening to other stations?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
sometimes people put on KALW which is pretty decent and i like some of its programming better, but no everything else is way worse. i dont control the radio anyways since thats the drivers discretion

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Xaris posted:

sometimes people put on KALW which is pretty decent and i like some of its programming better, but no everything else is way worse. i dont control the radio anyways since thats the drivers discretion

Maybe you can make friends with the driver one day! :iiaca:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I didn't read the thread but I like Science Friday

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I didn't read the thread but I like Science Friday

It's about hating radio, I think. I don't know what Science Friday is. Care to explain?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vato posted:

It's about hating radio, I think. I don't know what Science Friday is. Care to explain?

two hours of radio, where they talk about science on NPR

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm Joshua Johnson and this is 1A. Today, like every other day, we will be lane splitting down the highway in the most centrist both sides way possible.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Vato posted:

Science Friday is vapid bullshit for ifls types.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CannonFodder posted:

Jad ABOOMrad

Jad AboumRAHD

Jad? *obvious startle* AhBUMrack

There was a Radiolab where a Jad went on a tour of Facebook and came back gushing about how wonderful their face recognition tech was, and Robert Krulwich called him out on it

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
I'm the non-white lesbian feminist comedian on the panel who constantly ruins the flow of the show by never making a single joke, but instead, reminding everyone over and over again of just how much of a non-white lesbian feminist I am. Polite applause is my drug.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There was a Radiolab where a Jad went on a tour of Facebook and came back gushing about how wonderful their face recognition tech was, and Robert Krulwich called him out on it

I liked the one where Jad heard a story about how herd of horses all froze instantaneously in a lake and he kept trying to prove that it was possible while Robert kept calling him an idiot.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

My favorite Radiolabs are the ones that end five seconds into it because I turned the radio off, which is all of them

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NPR sure talks about video games a lot lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd like to be the NPR Games Guy.

"This is Xathur Sargasso for NPR Games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is being lauded as one of the greatest games ever made... but what it's *not* saying about climate change is landing its head writer in hot water."