Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Spotify app pls Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just hit lvl 23 in Dragon’s Dogma as a fighter. When is a good time to change my vocation?

Whenever the hell I want? Few more levels?

I’m thinking of going mage. My main pawn is a strider and I want to have one of every vocation.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beastie posted:

I just hit lvl 23 in Dragon’s Dogma as a fighter. When is a good time to change my vocation?

I’m thinking of going mage. My main pawn is a strider and I want to have one of every vocation.

whenever you want

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Beastie posted:

Whenever You Want, especially when you have the augments you like from that job. (there's a real answer from a min/max perspective but it barely matters in practice)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tetris 99 is ok for free, but it looks like an MSN/Flash game from like 2006

Puyo Puyo Tetris is nice, but it's covered in annoying animes

They really just need to make a proper one. With Tetris Effect existing, there's really no excuse for Tetris to look crappy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urbLIyd-VsQ

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Spellman posted:

They really just need to make a proper one. With Tetris Effect existing, there's really no excuse for Tetris to look crappy

Your mum

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

You can't play Tetris with your friends unlike in PPT. As of yet anyway.

I mean Battle Royale can be fun with friends, but in T99 you're basically stuck playing against some random anonymous gang.

The devs said the next dlc will be about coop, and it's included with the $10.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

idk how the gently caress Saints Row 3 looks like such rear end on Switch. After the work that was put into DOOM I don't think anyone has an excuse anymore, it's now a question of whether or not you suck at optimizing your poo poo. And DOOM was from 2016, how the gently caress does a game from 2011 look and run worse?

Why did they port the third instead of 2 (the best of the games) or 4 (a really good supervillain simulator)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Like I feel dumb having gotten Puyo Puyo Tetris over this way back when, but I'd think I'd prefer the dedicated Tetris game. Is there any other difference? (Yes I find the Anime of the former grating both visually and auditorily).
One is a video game, the other is something you'd find on addictinggamez.com

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

100YrsofAttitude posted:

(Yes I find the Anime of the former grating both visually and auditorily).

how strange, I find the same thing about your posting!!!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

Why did they port the third instead of 2 (the best of the games) or 4 (a really good supervillain simulator)

I'd love a full on remake of two, but I'm still really disappointed that the port of 3 apparently runs so poorly docked. I was kinda looking forward to having it for my trip on monday. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good news they're talking about more announcements so I'm sure they'll port another game to this machine.

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/1126518193609216000

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The codebase for 2 is apparently a hideous nightmare preventing it from being ported or even many of the bugs from being fixed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah I really doubt we'll ever see a functional version of 2 again which is a real bummer. Thinking back I think it's my favorite open-world game ever.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spellman posted:

This is an awful take.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tetris effect would be much better with some animes

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Beastie posted:

Once you've got the Carrying Capacity augment, feel free to bounce.

Nobody told me that the giant trolls were also luchadores. Then one of them drop-kicked one of my pawns into a ravine. Game might be awesome.

Also what they said about Griffins was truth.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

Nobody told me that the giant trolls were also luchadores. Then one of them drop-kicked one of my pawns into a ravine. Game might be awesome.

I jumped onto the back of an Ogre in the Everfall, then it charged my pawns. As it was charging I was flung off it and fell all the way down to the bottom of the pit and died.

It ruled.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beastie posted:

I jumped onto the back of an Ogre in the Everfall, then it charged my pawns. As it was charging I was flung off it and fell all the way down to the bottom of the pit and died.

It ruled.

I did the same thing but the ogre charged off the edge with me still on its back. It went splat at the bottom and I was still fine.

It ruled even more.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Andrast posted:

Tetris effect would be much better with some animes

Sine! Cosine!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mokinokaro posted:

The codebase for 2 is apparently a hideous nightmare preventing it from being ported or even many of the bugs from being fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdJePrOcu0M

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bought Steamworld Heist and Mutant Mudd Collection on sale

Thanks for reading

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Spellman posted:

Bless your heart

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tetris Effect is a really cool, beautiful game (especially in VR) but uh there's no real reason for every Tetris game to look and act like it. That's what makes it special, that it's a weird Mizuguchi experience that also has Tetris (and I guess regular normal Lumines-lookin' modes if you want). Tetris 99's aesthetic is fine for what they're doing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

I just grabbed that augment. Cool. Mage time!

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

You can't play Tetris with your friends unlike in PPT. As of yet anyway.

I mean Battle Royale can be fun with friends, but in T99 you're basically stuck playing against some random anonymous gang.

I've seen streams where people all start a round at the same time and they get matched together more often than not, but yeah, it's not exactly the same thing, is it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Saints Row port is functional. The graphics are fine on the small screen but in docked all the shortcuts they used are more apparent. I still like it because it's Saints, but yikes it's not as pretty as the 360 version.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Out of nowhere, here's my favourite fun fact about Sainty Row. The British player voice is done by Charles Shaughnessy, the guy who played Maxwell Sheffield on The Nanny. At one point they were seriously considering him for James Bond but went with Pierce Brosnan instead. Such a shame.
Anyway, 2 is easily the best in the series.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I haven't used my Switch in a while but I'm about to fly overseas, so here's my chance to catch up. Was there anything released in the last ~9 months that I shouldn't miss? I already picked up Baba Is You.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Well, uh, there's Dragons Dogma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geE7QsLmaYA

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

acksplode posted:

I haven't used my Switch in a while but I'm about to fly overseas, so here's my chance to catch up. Was there anything released in the last ~9 months that I shouldn't miss? I already picked up Baba Is You.

Smash Ultimate.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

So I take it the port is pretty bad?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Been tempted to buy it for the fourth time but i just can't go back after the PC version. Assy framrate, the lack of 150 goons with free pawns that are mostly awesome and not being able to change the menu music back to the original are serious deal breakers.
I'll probably pick it up during a sale just for the novelty of having one of my favourite games of all time handheld tho.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Willo567 posted:

So I take it the port is pretty bad?

It's almost at par with the PS4 release with some smallish caveats. Nothing compares to the PC release tho'.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Back when i learned Tetris this was not possible. Your block hits and it's stuck, motherfucker.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

Back when i learned Tetris this was not possible. Your block hits and it's stuck, motherfucker.

It's always been possible, even in old school Tetris there was a brief window of time before it "hit." Modern Tetris definitely gives you a bigger window before the piece locks, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tetris effect alters stickiness constantly along with speed so you are always on your toes riding the waves of zone state

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got Night in the Woods in the sale. Bit of a slow start but I'm starting to dig it and the music in the dream sequences is killer.

Way, way too many loading screens however.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Waiting for Panel de Pon/Puzzle League to make its big comeback on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Waiting for Panel de Pon/Puzzle League to make its big comeback on the switch
Yeah I'm waiting for Animal Crossing Switch too