Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Horses running into you should follow the same flinch rules as arrows and not be able to interrupt melee swings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Horses running into you should follow the same flinch rules as arrows and not be able to interrupt melee swings.

Nah a big rear end horse for sure should flinch you --- but you should be able to flinch back + slow a horses with a hit.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I think horses charging into you should flinch you, but they need to make the hitboxes on that way tighter instead of this giant invisible forcefield around the horse.

I think horses are mostly fine as they are and should feel kind of overpowered, but just make the mechanics more obvious required to force a dismount and maybe make a horse charging at you audible from farther away.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Smacking a horse's leg with pretty much any weapon, and also bear traps, should completely disable the horse.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

horse traps when

Orv
May 4, 2011

TorakFade posted:

horse traps when

They already exist. The question is are they operational when placed or after the first tick. Horses one notable flaw is that they're slow to respond at full speed, baiting them into spikes could be a real game show unto itself.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I run the monarch sigil on all my loadouts. Horses should flinch on sight :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I run the Jedi Knight one because of course.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

They already exist. The question is are they operational when placed or after the first tick. Horses one notable flaw is that they're slow to respond at full speed, baiting them into spikes could be a real game show unto itself.
yeah quick spikes don't work vs horses alas because they take their sweet time until they get pointy, though quick walls sometimes do stop the horse at their minimal stage, which is hilarious.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

yeah quick spikes don't work vs horses alas because they take their sweet time until they get pointy, though quick walls sometimes do stop the horse at their minimal stage, which is hilarious.

They're still useful because of how horses work - basically like a rail shooter because they only have so many paths - you should be able to put them around a blind corner that a horse has to take at some point.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

They're still useful because of how horses work - basically like a rail shooter because they only have so many paths - you should be able to put them around a blind corner that a horse has to take at some point.
This is part of why Grad is the one map I slam blue instead of autpick, yes. Though it's mostly the cartoonish string of people opening house doors and sprinting into spikes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

This is part of why Grad is the one map I slam blue instead of autpick, yes. Though it's mostly the cartoonish string of people opening house doors and sprinting into spikes.

I look forward to them trying to cram horses into the city map somehow and it just being a bloodbath. Sic semper horsemanus.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Apply the billhook to the horseman.

This kills the horseman.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

People still haven't learned that fleeing in a building and closing the door behind them, waiting on the other side to attack when you enter, isn't smart. Kick the door, you'll knock him on his rear end and then you can overhead swing his sorry face off :getin:

Orv
May 4, 2011
In my experience usually that ends with people who think they're clever kicking a door at each other to no result until someone goes up the back way and relieves them of their butts.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TorakFade posted:

People still haven't learned that fleeing in a building and closing the door behind them, waiting on the other side to attack when you enter, isn't smart. Kick the door, you'll knock him on his rear end and then you can overhead swing his sorry face off :getin:

You're actually immune to doorkicks if you don't do anything. If you're mid-swing with a melee weapon it'll knock you on your rear end though.
As a result there's a supremely annoying strat where you just block a door with your body to stop them from opening it. The enemy will have to break the door down by attacking it, but as soon as they start doing that you can kick it open and brain them.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mendrian posted:

Is this game really as hardware intensive as the requirements make it sound?

This would be the first game in years I couldn't play. Granted, my rig is badly in need of upgrades but it's just wort of weird to see. Maybe this is the final sign...

it's not particularly intensive though? the minimum GPU is from 2012, and the processor is from 2013 - admittedly it was enthusiast GPU hardware then, but you can upgrade significantly for <$200

I'm fairly certain you could go lower if you stick to lower playercount servers (I found reference to someone using an 2500k + a GTX 580 and getting 80-130fps on 16 player servers on low)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

whoa, didn't realize that, I thought it was an auto-stun if the guy was in range of the door "backswing" when you kick it.

It literally happened twice to me in the same match, and both times I kicked the door and rushed in to find the other guy on his rear end (First time I brained him, second time he had a buddy waiting on the side of the door who stabbed my face off, alas such is life in Mordhau :shrug: )

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You're actually immune to doorkicks if you don't do anything.

No?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I made a Roman who opens by throwing a short spear at the nearest guy and then pulling out a second one to throw again. 2/2/1 with a kite shield since there aren't any tower ones. Just keep stabbing and chucking.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The community guy showed it off on his twitch stream before. Maybe it only works if you're close enough to stop the door before it starts swinging.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The community guy showed it off on his twitch stream before. Maybe it only works if you're close enough to stop the door before it starts swinging.

I assume that's the case as if someone is flush with the door on either side trying to open it just makes it glitch out a little and reset back to closed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is there any degree leeway on strike chambering or does it have to be an exact match?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody else get worse performance suddenly? Game drops frames like mad at the worst possible moments.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
am i playing wrong if im being a peasant and killing people with a rusty fork because whenever i put on a lot of armor and use a "good" weapon i eat total poo poo but when i equip a "bad" weapon and basically no armor i start topping the board. also: holy gently caress the blacksmiths hammer is powerful

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

SplitSoul posted:

Anybody else get worse performance suddenly? Game drops frames like mad at the worst possible moments.

a few have mentioned it so far with the new patch, yeah

same tho

Orv
May 4, 2011

Get up, you whine like a mule.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

am i playing wrong if im being a peasant and killing people with a rusty fork because whenever i put on a lot of armor and use a "good" weapon i eat total poo poo but when i equip a "bad" weapon and basically no armor i start topping the board. also: holy gently caress the blacksmiths hammer is powerful

play what you enjoy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress fire

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I've seen archers that assassinate the 0 legs put there it was rad

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Some people were asking for guides earlier, this guy seems to know a thing or two: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1640297858

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Can you chamber-morph a rapier+shield's stab into a kick, for a quick followup? They're near impossible to break without letting them facehug you so you can get a kick in. I've seen guys with heater shields last ridiculously long vs 5 or more opponents on their own.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

School Nickname posted:

Can you chamber-morph a rapier+shield's stab into a kick, for a quick followup? They're near impossible to break without letting them facehug you so you can get a kick in. I've seen guys with heater shields last ridiculously long vs 5 or more opponents on their own.

Yes but they have to be wearing something like 233 or something heavier than a typical rapier shielded would wear.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm real bad at chambering, other than stabs. The problem that I have with a lot of tutorial videos is that they don't show actual use case scenarios. It's two dudes, feeding each other easy and specific strikes, which is almost never how it actually plays out. This video does not show it that way, and I got a lot of mileage out of watching it a few times to get a feel for what chambering should look like in "actual" play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFW21ADLFW0

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm real bad at chambering, other than stabs. The problem that I have with a lot of tutorial videos is that they don't show actual use case scenarios. It's two dudes, feeding each other easy and specific strikes, which is almost never how it actually plays out. This video does not show it that way, and I got a lot of mileage out of watching it a few times to get a feel for what chambering should look like in "actual" play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFW21ADLFW0

Watching streams is a good way to see chambers in "the real world" too. I was watching one last night and he was playing amazingly well for somebody that was account level 3

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Watching streams is a good way to see chambers in "the real world" too. I was watching one last night and he was playing amazingly well for somebody that was account level 3

if you see a lad in the default plate with no frills and an executioners sword its likely they're a chiv vet and will go hard.

Of course just as often its like facing a loving mall ninja in battle as they swirl their sword through a big arc and than prance backwards and fishhook around dragging all the while, than turn around dumbfounded to find you just stood there out of range of their choreographed routine and waited for them to spend all their goddamn stamina being a dumbass.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Some people were asking for guides earlier, this guy seems to know a thing or two: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1640297858

you guys know I actually update the OP with guides and poo poo right lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wish this game had a loadout picker more like chivalry so i could flip around stuff on the fly instead of having to build every possible contingency beforehand. or am i missing something?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

i wish this game had a loadout picker more like chivalry so i could flip around stuff on the fly instead of having to build every possible contingency beforehand. or am i missing something?
You are allowed to edit your loadouts during a match too :eng101:

Handy if you just want to swap out a couple things on a build or outfit you like, rather than make an entirely new thing. Like if I'm switching between a frying pan or blacksmith's hammer for a peasant.

Or you smash the 'clone build' button and edit that one's loadout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

You are allowed to edit your loadouts during a match too :eng101:

Handy if you just want to swap out a couple things on a build or outfit you like, rather than make an entirely new thing. Like if I'm switching between a frying pan or blacksmith's hammer for a peasant.

Or you smash the 'clone build' button and edit that one's loadout.

I made a build called something like 332 base that has no perks or weapons that I can just pick up and swap things in and out of quickly. If I want something else I can clone my 230 halberdier. It's usually quick. I need to do the same thing with a shielded build but I haven't gotten the armor/perk balance on a mace/arming sword thing working yet.