Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Perry Normal posted:

I don't have any panels, but go read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Goddamn. :cry:

No. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Perry Normal posted:

I don't have any panels, but go read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Goddamn. :cry:

Yeah that one was good, as was the newest issue of Wasp's ongoing

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Quick synopsis, spoilered just in case since it came out today, but seriously just go read it - Spidey is fighting crime with a new sidekick, Spider-Bite, who is a very young boy. They have a ludicrous adventure (they fight the Sinister Sixty, which seems like a team-up of every single Spidey villain), and in the end we find out that the whole thing was imaginary with Spidey playing out the adventure with a terminally ill kid in his hospital room, complete with hospital staff and family members in home made villain costumes.

In one story in the Batman Annual and six issues of FNSM, Tom Taylor has very quickly become one of my favourite writers.

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah that one was good, as was the newest issue of Wasp's ongoing

I heard great things about that one today, will definitely be looking into it next time I'm at my LCS.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Perry Normal posted:

In one story in the Batman Annual and six issues of FNSM, Tom Taylor has very quickly become one of my favourite writers.

You need to read Injustice right now.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Beachcomber posted:

You need to read Injustice right now.

I forgot he wrote that too. It's very good, but I think I still stand by my original comment. I liked Injustice but not to the degree that I like FNSM or "Father's Day" in that annual.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A good portion of Injustice is terrible garbage, but the latter parts actually turn it around once (presumably) the writing team is granted more creative freedom.

As for Wasp, I think I like the idea of a bipolar genius mad scientist daughter of a bipolar genius mad scientist dad dealing with issues that arise as a consequence of that, and I hope it continues to be a theme in the book.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gologle posted:

A good portion of Injustice is terrible garbage, but the latter parts actually turn it around once (presumably) the writing team is granted more creative freedom.

As for Wasp, I think I like the idea of a bipolar genius mad scientist daughter of a bipolar genius mad scientist dad dealing with issues that arise as a consequence of that, and I hope it continues to be a theme in the book.

Yeah there's a really great moment between her and Jarvis on that very topic

Also I like that they touched quite a bit on Hank Pym's issues without outright vilifying him like a lesser writer would

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Also I like that they touched quite a bit on Hank Pym's issues without outright vilifying him like a lesser writer would

The first run had a really good issue with Janet's view of the whole domestic violence situation. Which was great because of all the stuff that's been done with that incident, it's all been about Hank and redeeming him, and never really about how it made Jan feel.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jeremy's wasp has not shied away from anything, and has made a point of confronting everything imo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Whitley's somehow written the closest thing to a good Hank Pym redemption story than the umpteen writers who've tried and failed before and Hank Pym isn't in a single panel and I love it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Whitley's somehow written the closest thing to a good Hank Pym redemption story than the umpteen writers who've tried and failed before and Hank Pym isn't in a single panel and I love it.

Definitely feels like they're building up towards either saving Hank from being Pymtron or giving him a more respectful end, especially with them bringing back his and Tigra's son as well

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wasnt that uh actually not his

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

wasnt that uh actually not his

I dunno, haven't read every appearance of Pymtron, but of the ones I have it's been incredibly vague on how much of Hank Pym is actually in there

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
He was fathered by a skrull that copied him on the genetic level, so... it's kind of a philosophical question.

Adult Illiteracy fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 10, 2019

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Adult Illiteracy posted:

He was fathered by a skrull that copied him on the genetic level, so... it's kind of a philosophical question.

Whoops I guess I misunderstood what he was talking about, but yeah they bring up that issue as well, Tigra made it clear that as far as she considered it that Hank was her son's father, and that she would be quite mad if anyone told her son the "truth" regarding his parentage

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Wait does that mean Tigra's son is a shapeshifter?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gologle posted:

Wait does that mean Tigra's son is a shapeshifter?

Tigra's son is a toddler, so it's probably a little soon to tell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Tigra's son is a toddler, so it's probably a little soon to tell

When did Franklin's powers first manifest?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Definitely going to start telling people that I was fathered by a Skrull.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm kind of surprised Tigra was referenced post secret invasion at all I thought she was consigned to the Bad Ideas pit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

She's been around as supporting cast in a bunch of stuff.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

When did Franklin's powers first manifest?

At a pretty young age! OTOH Franklin's been explicitly referred to as kind of a special case.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

At a pretty young age! OTOH Franklin's been explicitly referred to as kind of a special case.

Didn't Franklin pull some poo poo while Sue was pregnant?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zore posted:

Didn't Franklin pull some poo poo while Sue was pregnant?

Yes, which was why they needed a cosmic control rod handling the birth.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think only mutants have puberty-fenced powers.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Isn't Franklin a mutant though? Like, one of those "Omega Level" mutants that they unearth every few years or so?

I'm pretty sure that was part of the reason he was kidnapped by Onsluaght back when that was a thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought he was cosmic rather than X-gene.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

goatface posted:

Franklin's been explicitly an X-gene mutant since like the 80's.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

hosed up that even with his son being a mutant, Mr Fantastic and the Fantastic Four haven't made any effort to fight against mutant discrimination.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

goatface posted:

Nah, he's been a mutant for a long time. He was one of the survivors in Days of Future Past (until he wasn't) and married to Rachel Summers.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Vincent posted:

hosed up that even with his son being a mutant, Mr Fantastic and the Fantastic Four haven't made any effort to fight against mutant discrimination.

Rich WASPs, their money and fame will insulate their child from the worst of whatever happens.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vincent posted:

Reed's response to Franklin being a mutant was to lobotomize him, so...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Random Stranger posted:

Reed's response to Franklin being a mutant was to lobotomize him, so...

Father of the year.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is that gurihiru artwork?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Val would be totally down for that idea.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Steven and the gang go to Pride

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

site posted:

is that gurihiru artwork?

Written by Brian Clevinger and art by Gurihiru IIRC but gently caress me if I can remember what the name of the mini was

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

site posted:

Steven and the gang go to Pride

Oh hey is this continuing the story after the final or is it more like side stories?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Mohawk Potato posted:

Oh hey is this continuing the story after the final or is it more like side stories?

Side stories. There's still another season and a movie to go, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TwoPair posted:

Val would be totally down for that idea.

Val would correct Reed's work.