Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Brought To You By posted:

A very elegant Spy X Family just dropped. This family is amazing.

Definitely my favorite new series right now.

Elegant Headmaster is great.

Triple costume change was great.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

I am the translator for Spy x Family, so please post all the Anya quotes you think are funny, tia.

Bald teapot. :allears:

Spy x Family is fantastic and even if the quality drops to half this it will still be enjoyable.
I love how this disfunctional family does keep an eye out for each other.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Darth TNT posted:

Bald teapot. :allears:

Spy x Family is fantastic and even if the quality drops to half this it will still be enjoyable.
I love how this disfunctional family does keep an eye out for each other.

I will say though that Anya is even more adorable in Japanese and I can only hope I've managed to convey a fraction of that.

Daijoubu-masu. Ganbaru-masu.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Crain posted:

Definitely my favorite new series right now.

Elegant Headmaster is great.

Triple costume change was great.

Gene Simmons cow was also great.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Clarste posted:

I will say though that Anya is even more adorable in Japanese and I can only hope I've managed to convey a fraction of that.

Oh, are you translating it? Neat!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Clarste posted:

Don't know if you guys have already been told, but there is a typo on page 14 or 15

That aside, this chapter was great and I'm curious how Anya's toddler speak sounds in japanese with stuff like "lettuce help him"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Don't know if you guys have already been told, but there is a typo on page 14 or 15

That aside, this chapter was great and I'm curious how Anya's toddler speak sounds in japanese with stuff like "lettuce help him"

Lettuce help him was also such a golden line. :allears:

Clarste posted:

I doubt your claim. :colbert: English Anya sets a high bar to clear.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

After a year, Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo is back at full force, baby.

On a related note, how does this logic puzzle work?

Serge Painsbourg fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 11, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a picross/nonogram puzzle, but no idea what or whether it works out at a glance

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's a picross.

The numbers tell you how many squares in that row are filled in, and what order the blocks go in. So like if it has 2 1, then somewhere in there you'll have a two squares filled in next to each other, and a single block filled in somewhere to the right of that, with at least one empty square between them.

It's a fun puzzle, there's a bunch of collections of them on 3DS and switch. But the thing is, they get way harder the larger the puzzle is. 25 x 25 would take... a long time.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Begemot posted:

25 x 25 would take... a long time.

Challenge accepted.

Here’s my credentials.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh nice. There's math methods to help you find the crossover squares easier rather than trying to picture it in your head, which you basically need to do the bigger Picross puzzles. Mega Picross I still don't have a good handle on though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

anyone else check out the first chapter of samurai 8? it has potential

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/samurai-8/en/0/1/page/1

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

just read the opening chapter for this and all the floaty bubbly effects during action scenes make it really hard to see what's going on

it's like everyone's fighting inside a lava lamp

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Begemot posted:

It's a picross.

The numbers tell you how many squares in that row are filled in, and what order the blocks go in. So like if it has 2 1, then somewhere in there you'll have a two squares filled in next to each other, and a single block filled in somewhere to the right of that, with at least one empty square between them.

It's a fun puzzle, there's a bunch of collections of them on 3DS and switch. But the thing is, they get way harder the larger the puzzle is. 25 x 25 would take... a long time.

Doing this in paint was more annoying for marking what i've done (as you can tell, from the scribbles), but it should be in the ball park of this https://i.imgur.com/kpyTwep.png

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't tell if that's gibberish or a bobobo character. there isn't much difference between the two, really.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

It's about confronting yourself and learning from the experience

It's Dengaku Man

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New Chainsawman goes places. Don't read if eating.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I'm amazed this series is running in jump!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well that happened

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That poo poo'll give you nightmares.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I'm sold on reading this. Jesus.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mulderman posted:

this series is running in jump

Hoo boy
A while since a manga surprised and made me laugh this hard.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man ftw.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pewdiepie posted:

Chainsaw man ftw.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yup that was a simultaneous cringe and laugh out loud moment.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

rannum posted:

Doing this in paint was more annoying for marking what i've done (as you can tell, from the scribbles), but it should be in the ball park of this https://i.imgur.com/kpyTwep.png

Ah, I did the same thing! I swear this isn’t a copy of yours.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Definitely not a standard shonen battle series.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was a nice little arc for Asumi in WCS.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah It was cute. Sensei next week and after a few short one offs I'm ready for my Ogata arc.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Agronox posted:

That was a nice little arc for Asumi in WCS.

Everytime I read these mini arcs, the quality amazes me. This is a comedy series with strong harem leanings. Having these mini arcs which do so much to flesh out characters and motivations all while being quite touching keeps surprising me.
I always feel a little bad that I'm not readingthem on Manga plus. :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Manatee Cannon posted:

anyone else check out the first chapter of samurai 8? it has potential

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/samurai-8/en/0/1/page/1

Just finished reading this. Based on the first chapter, I'm onboard for now. It has good characters, compelling world-building, and a well-defined endgame objective (gather all keys and use them to open the box), which I like way more than other series that start out open-ended and end up having a million chapters without the story really advancing.

Well series with a defined end point can have a million chapters too :v: see One Piece, which has the end point of "Luffy becomes the king of pirates and finds the One Piece", but we're nearly a thousand chapters in and we're nowhere near the end point, but you get what I mean I hope.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The art and action in Samurai 8 is nearly incomprehensible. The story also does nothing for me except regurgitate elements from Naruto.
I like the dad though. So willing to give this a few more chapters.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Mikl posted:

Just finished reading this. Based on the first chapter, I'm onboard for now. It has good characters, compelling world-building, and a well-defined endgame objective (gather all keys and use them to open the box), which I like way more than other series that start out open-ended and end up having a million chapters without the story really advancing.

Well series with a defined end point can have a million chapters too :v: see One Piece, which has the end point of "Luffy becomes the king of pirates and finds the One Piece", but we're nearly a thousand chapters in and we're nowhere near the end point, but you get what I mean I hope.

The plan is for 11 volumes, but then Naruto was originally supposed to have only 11 volumes as well.

Seems like they could go a lot of places given the scope of the world and the powers available at this point.

I really enjoyed the first 73 pages, and while the world and the characters can blend together somewhat due to the flowing art style, it isn't too difficult to figure out what is going on.

It will look good animated if it does well enough to become an anime. At least it's easier to figure out what is going on than one piece art, which is incomprehensible half the time to my eyes.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Mulderman posted:

The art and action in Samurai 8 is nearly incomprehensible. The story also does nothing for me except regurgitate elements from Naruto.
I like the dad though. So willing to give this a few more chapters.

As I already mentioned, the readability of the scene is not as bad as one piece.

There are some dark themes as well. This cat/dog samurai has already been around 7 other kids. Did they all try killing themselves and fail? The whole technology and philosophy around becoming a samurai is interesting and mysterious. Then there is the whole soul becoming your sword, but also being able to use other souls as swords.

Does opening this box mean the death of the samurai since their main core appears to be the key? Lots of interesting ways to go.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I didn't have any trouble following the action in Samurai 8. It has a neat premise, hopefully Kishimoto can stick to the plan and keep it short this time.

The way the samurai crack their whole bodies open is really cool. Thinking back, there was a lot of weird body horror-ish stuff in Naruto. This gives him more of an avenue too explore that directly.

Color me cautiously optimistic!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The look is more pleasant than Bort but it was kinda visually messy. This almost feels like it'd be better as an OVA or something

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Seven Deadly Sins 310:"I have to go now, my planet nee-"*SPLAT* -- Elizabeth died on the way to the Melodias' home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I dont think the author understands what an epilogue is.