Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wake up Tuttle!
*throws melted cheese in his face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

twistedmentat posted:

Wake up Tuttle!
*throws melted cheese in his face*

I'm also pretty sure he called him "Turtle" there too, gotta check on the rewatch.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just re-watched the episode, I think this might be one of my new favorites. If you took out all the jokes it would still be a solid episode of The Twilight Zone, but with all the jokes it becomes something extra magical. I think this is the best animated horror parody I've seen since the early seasons of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror specials and I hope they do more.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 7, 2019

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That was a great episode.
So the show is now leaning hard into Tuttle. After Reginald's overexposure (Lewis got close) I hope they don't do it too much.

Finally, did anyone see Liberty on the couch with Greg the other week? Makes me hope Terry will come back. Or it's a setup for another Steve dating episode.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Maybe it's a theme: one season leaned hard into the bazooka sharks, this season it's tuttle, next season who knows?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Next season every episode has Wheels and the Leg Man

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I don't say this lightly, this might be my favorite tv episode of all time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's just a microdose to help him sleep!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

I'm also pretty sure he called him "Turtle" there too, gotta check on the rewatch.

Sober and well-rested, he did not, in fact, call him "turtle."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I completely failed to realise Kovacs was played by Chris Pine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
edit: double post

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The_Doctor posted:

Who's Kovacs? Never heard of him

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

He's been doing more TV work recently. He was a bad guy on Angie Tribeca and had that prestige show on TNT.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

He's been doing more TV work recently. He was a bad guy on Angie Tribeca and had that prestige show on TNT.

...The what show on TNT?

Is that some kind of gay reference or something?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What was the other thing Kovacs was making beisdes the Fondu?

I have had fondu once, my sister wanted to try it, it was, eh? My parents set looked exactly like you'd think something from the 70s would.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I have had fondu once, my sister wanted to try it, it was, eh? My parents set looked exactly like you'd think something from the 70s would.

*Nuclear hot* chicken livers on a green platter that looks like a cabbage leaf.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

muscles like this! posted:

He's been Dr. Devizo on Supermansion since the beginning. He's a pretty talented voice actor.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

bull3964 posted:

He's been Dr. Devizo on Supermansion since the beginning. He's a pretty talented voice actor.

I was loving the line delivery in this episode. Smooth and smarmy as gently caress

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

twistedmentat posted:

Rumaki. Now I want to try Rumaki.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

McPhearson posted:

rumaki's good as poo poo, that tv demon has good taste

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

McPhearson posted:

I know right? I looked up a recipe and I'm thinking of making it: https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Rumaki-21391856

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"I panicked and showed them my dick" is one of the greatest lines to come out of this show

somehow it's managed to remain consistent and gotten even funnier over the years and that's amazing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I cracked up at the gag of Stan finding a key under the rock in front of Tuttle's house and using it to scrape off the broken glass around the window he punched through

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McPhearson posted:

Looking it up, it was popular in tiki themed bars in the 50s and 60s, so a perfect thing to pair with Jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I enjoyed his turn as the blond Peter Parker in Into the Spider-Verse. God, that was a good movie.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I cracked up at the gag of Stan finding a key under the rock in front of Tuttle's house and using it to scrape off the broken glass around the window he punched through

I saw that one coming a mile away, but Stan sniffing the rotten food and then the dead lizard and saying they are both contributing was great.

"It's a good thing I'm irreplaceable and integrable to this show" while Tuttle looks nervous was a great line.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 8, 2019

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxh02n0NNJg

Huh, it was based on a real thing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Way behind on thread but this eyebrows plot was the best thing I've ever seen

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I got this right away, though I think I would have been in the minority. Playboy Penthouse was so out of the public consciousness you'd need to be an certain level of olde timey nerd to get it.

"Lenny Bruce who is known for screaming the N word during his shows".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"The man with the trumpet."

Oh, okay, I'm just the guy with the trumpet, I'll just gently caress back off frame then. Kee-rist.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FlamingLiberal posted:

And then he jumped through the window instead of opening the door.

Nichael posted:

I love the idea of the TV Guide office having arguments over what time TV shows are on. Really great episode.

And Ed Asner basically playing Lou Grant.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Nichael posted:

I love the idea of the TV Guide office having arguments over what time TV shows are on. Really great episode.

Yeah I think that was the first time I ever imagined what goes on at the TV Guide office. This episode was fantastic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I get the episode descriptions from TVGuide’s website usually, so when they occasionally don’t have one other than ‘CIA agent Stan Smith lives with his family in Langley Falls, all while hiding an alien in the attic’, I’m now imagining someone gets fired for that mishap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

I get the episode descriptions from TVGuide’s website usually, so when they occasionally don’t have one other than ‘CIA agent Stan Smith lives with his family in Langley Falls, all while hiding an alien in the attic’, I’m now imagining someone gets fired for that mishap.

Everythings Coming Up Simpsons likes to read the Wikipedia enteries for each episode, and they often sound like that.

Bart (Homers Son) plays a prank on Homer (Bart's Father) that causes a ruckus at school.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Talking of which...

Jeff And The Dank rear end Weed Factory
Season 16, Episode 5
Jeff wins a tour through a mysterious weed factory and brings Stan along.

:420::350::2bong:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
No B-Plot?

Charley and the chocolate fabric, without any metaphors is going to be fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

None listed :/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

Talking of which...

Jeff And The Dank rear end Weed Factory
Season 16, Episode 5
Jeff wins a tour through a mysterious weed factory and brings Stan along.

:420::350::2bong:

Tokey dokey donkity doo, we've got a friendly warning for you
If you ask if he's a cop, he has to tell you he's a cop
it's the law!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

twistedmentat posted:

Tokey dokey donkity doo, we've got a friendly warning for you
If you ask if he's a cop, he has to tell you he's a cop
it's the law!

It'll be tough to beat Futurama's trip through the Slurm factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

It'll be tough to beat Futurama's trip through the Slurm factory.
I love that episode