Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Abel Wingnut posted:

the problem with flaherty is he has one excellent pitch and nothing else

do not draft starters with one above average pitch

e: also i would be looking to move kershaw immediately. his velocity is in freefall and his slider is a husk of what it was. gave up a lot of loud outs tonight. babip still way too low. now combine all that with the weather about to heat up, his back, and decent offenses in the west.

i’m afraid this is the beginning of the end :/

Kershaw may be just undergoing a period of velocity trouble but he still got an 0.98 whip and a k/bb rate over 5. I would give him some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What's everyone think about Zack Wheeler? I may try to package Kershaw for Wheeler and a small hitting upgrade...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

fawning deference posted:

What's everyone think about Zack Wheeler? I may try to package Kershaw for Wheeler and a small hitting upgrade...

Honestly in 2019, I would take that and run.

Wheeler isn't exactly the picture of good health, but he's a lot less risky than Kershaw now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

fawning deference posted:

Kershaw may be just undergoing a period of velocity trouble but he still got an 0.98 whip and a k/bb rate over 5. I would give him some time.

i mean, if you want to bet on that, be my guest. but i'll bet on the dude who's thrown more than 2100 innings and suffered several back issues that could easily recur ultimately succumbing to age and not being an sp1 or high sp2 henceforth. regardless of what you think of his velocity, there's still no doubt he's outperforming his peripherals and the weather and baseball environment will do him no favors in the coming months.

he'll still get you a decent era and whip because of his control, like high 3 and high1.1, but he's like bottom tier sp2 at best now. if you can get a nola or top 35 bat, which i think is doable, and it makes sense for your team, do so immediately. the cliff's a-comin'.

oh, and go check those velo graphs for his fb and his slider.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nola has been great lately. There is no chance I get him, but I see your point.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Can someone please remind Kris Bryant that the season started like a month ago?

Literally since the day I posted this (Apr 25), he's gone on a tear with 6 HR in 12 games and an OPS over 1.2.

So uh, thank you to whoever reminded him.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Literally since the day I posted this (Apr 25), he's gone on a tear with 6 HR in 12 games and an OPS over 1.2.

Please remind Yasiel Puig, thank you.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

descalso told him to try one of those new grip bats and voila

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Did I miss the window to buy low on Sale? I might try to trade for Syndergaard without giving up a whole lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jingleheimer posted:

Did I miss the window to buy low on Sale? I might try to trade for Syndergaard without giving up a whole lot.

He has given up 5 ER total his last 4 starts and has a 42:6 K:BB ratio in that span. It would be an especially skittish Sale owner who sells low on him now

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jingleheimer posted:

Depends on which fantasy blogs you read. Some are like 'he's back to normal' and others are like 'get rid of him'.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Same. He looks broken to me. Something is wrong in Milwaukee, I think Yelich took his and Aguilar's power.

his underlying numbers are all consistent with his norms except for K% and in-zone contact%. I know he just made some sort of mechanics change, he told one of the Milwaukee beat guys he changed something with his hand positioning I think, and either a mechanical problem or an injury make the most sense for what's going on with him. he is seeing a lot more of the shift so far, up to 47.9% from 23.something% in 2018 and 17.x% in 2017, and maybe that hurts him even if he gets right/gets healthy, but he's always done a fine job of hitting to all fields and his numbers this year are the same as always in that regard. I'm giving him another week in leagues where I own him and then cutting bait, and expecting to regret it like 2 days later. drat his tempting eligibility

The Pussy Boss posted:

Mallex Smith is hitting .375 with 5 bags in his first 5 games at AAA. No idea how long he stays down, but if he was dropped, keep an eye on him for sure (I'm holding in a couple of leagues)

they've still got lefties coming up tomorrow in E-Rod and Anderson on the 13th, so I would bet he comes up after that. the lefties get a little more spread out from there and he won't have to sit as much if he's in the majors

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm so glad I didn't target Mallex Smith as my steals guy in roto. Smart move.

Instead I went with Trea Turner

Over Christian Yelich

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Does Carrasco's 5 inning rain shortened effort today officially go down as a CGSO? I'm in a points league with dumb bonuses and CG and SO are two of them. Yahoo is currently giving me the points but I wonder if they'll disappear.

Would be swell if I got those points.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Gobias Ind. posted:

Does Carrasco's 5 inning rain shortened effort today officially go down as a CGSO? I'm in a points league with dumb bonuses and CG and SO are two of them. Yahoo is currently giving me the points but I wonder if they'll disappear.

Would be swell if I got those points.

Yep!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So if pence does anything tonight he’s pretty much a must add at that point right

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

So if pence does anything tonight he’s pretty much a must add at that point right

I'm usually very wary of flashes from dudes like Pence, but he played winter ball this year and made some swing changes, apparently, and it's not like he isn't scorching the ball:

I might want to look at what the pitch mix/outcomes have been to him to see if he's a simple adjustment away from a cliff, but yeah, likely worth a roster spot right now given the DeShields demotion.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'll take "sentences I did not expect to read in 2019" for $200, please

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Guys he did the thing again!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

there's also a guy in my league that offered me some deals for Vlad Jr., like hoping I might be panicky and sell I guess in a keeper league, which I won't... but I sent back Yordan Alvarez and David Peralta for Charlie Blackmon, because I'm overloaded at LF but need a CF. Peralta would almost match Blackmon's stats now, and Alvarez is a top prospect & strong keeper. He rejected it and sent a new Vlad request... He should have accepted it since his team is in the cellar - 16th place - and he could use a big hype keeper, but hey, if he doesn't want to improve his team that's up to him.

So instead I noticed there's a guy in my league with no third baseman... and I have no center fielder... so I offered Suarez for Gallo. Suarez is the safer money imho but I guess Gallo could end up doing something a little more insane, I could see him being too excited about Gallo and rejecting this. I think it would be mutually beneficial in terms of our roster makeup. What do you think

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My team has been carried all year on the strength of my pitching. So, of course, the one week where my hitting starts to do something, my pitching goes to poo poo.

Fantasy baseball is fun.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

What do you guys think of this trade in a 5x5 H2H redraft league?

Give:
Boyd
Flaherty
Pham

Get:
Lindor
Votto
Folty

Assuming Lindor turns it around, he's the prize of the trade, but Votto & Folty are super high risk at this point. I'd have Rhys Hopkins slide from 1B to OF to replace Pham, and Lindor would essentially send Dietrich/Shaw to my bench.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Is that on the table? Because if so, take it!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Simpsons Reference posted:

Is that on the table? Because if so, take it!

I'm going to offer it, and think it has a pretty decent shot at being accepted. I just wanted to see how high on Boyd, or low on Votto/Folty people are before throwing it out.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That's a pretty good buy-low on Lindor, even if I am not super high on Folty and Votto going forward.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tyler Glasnow just left the game twisting his elbow.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rand alPaul posted:

Tyler Glasnow just left the game twisting his elbow.

:smith:

Also saw Altuve has hamstring tightness

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wow I just unexpectedly got my offer accepted, I dealt Kershaw and Markakis for Nola - a great buy low on Nola and I won't miss Markakis, I have Soto/Meadows/Trout/Franmil in my outfield while stashing Yordan Alvarez.

So I have turned Glasnow (lucky timing), Kershaw, and Markakis into Carrasco and Nola.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
So the assumption is that Kimbrel and Keuchel will be signed after the draft in early June, right? When should I start thinking about picking them up if they're available?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

So the assumption is that Kimbrel and Keuchel will be signed after the draft in early June, right? When should I start thinking about picking them up if they're available?

Good question because they'll need a month to get ready.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bregor posted:

Also saw Altuve has hamstring tightness

Guess who has both Glasnow AND Altuve?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What is this season. Saw an O by Martin Perez and almost had a heart attack (paternity, will pitch Sunday)

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Glasnow is out 4-6 weeks with a mild forearm strain.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Glasnow is out 4-6 weeks with a mild forearm strain.

gently caress ya gently caress me in the face

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Doltos posted:

gently caress ya gently caress me in the face

Better than TJ brother

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Twin Cinema posted:

Guess who has both Glasnow AND Altuve?

I drafted Glasnow in every single league. Oh and the league I have Altuve in I passed up Senzel on the waiver wire :qq:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I drafted Glasnow who I immediately dropped before the season started for Paddack who I’ve since dropped like week 2.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bregor posted:

Better than TJ brother

No doubt he's just like my 6th DL now

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I drafted Glasnow who I immediately dropped before the season started for Paddack who I’ve since dropped like week 2.

I now don't feel so bad about dropping Shane Greene the day before Opening Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I just picked up Mackenzie Gore to stash - anyone have an instinct on when he'll be called up? He's dominating AAA.