Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chronojam posted:

If you're into what horizon offers, some new pipe guns won't replace it. It's closer to an old-school total conversion thing.

Well I have 244 esp and 1,764 esl files running so i assumed my experience Came from that mod. If you try it out and don't agree with me then I will try to find out if it's a different mod. I have never had to go Without anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Horizon changes a shitload of things. Having attempted it twice I'm pretty sure it's not very good. It's just way too difficult if you try to play it the way it was 'intended' to the point of tedium.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I started a Horizon playthrough, then made a separate mod profile to chill out with Sim Settlements and such, and found myself missing a lot of the features of Horizon. I kind of wish it was modular.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've got the mod where whenever i get shot i die from it. You really have to think about whether leaving diamond city Is worth it, and the answer is usually no.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Woebin posted:

I started a Horizon playthrough, then made a separate mod profile to chill out with Sim Settlements and such, and found myself missing a lot of the features of Horizon. I kind of wish it was modular.

The horizon guy really likes sim settlements which is cool, there's support for running both mods together. The architect buildings can be set to not load the furniture etc so you can stuff them full of interior plots and it's pretty cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What is the upper limit on esps for Fallout 4? New Vegas is something like 133-35, right?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

What is the upper limit on esps for Fallout 4? New Vegas is something like 133-35, right?

256 not counting ESLs

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Chronojam posted:

The horizon guy really likes sim settlements which is cool, there's support for running both mods together. The architect buildings can be set to not load the furniture etc so you can stuff them full of interior plots and it's pretty cool.
I tried them out together at first but didn't feel like they really went well together. Maybe next time I reinstall FO4 I'll revisit it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Woebin posted:

Which features in particular? I've decided that if I ever attempt Fallout 4 again (which is possible because I'm having a lot of fun with Fallout 76 right now) I am probably going to skip Horizons, but maybe I'll put it on that slightly lower difficulty that it offers during the install.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Which features in particular? I've decided that if I ever attempt Fallout 4 again (which is possible because I'm having a lot of fun with Fallout 76 right now) I am probably going to skip Horizons, but maybe I'll put it on that slightly lower difficulty that it offers during the install.
Most of them, honestly. Looking at the features list: The Elder Scrolls-like skill system, dynamic encounters, companion & settler tweaks, lock breaching, armor tweaks, magazine changes, the respawn system, and combat just feeling a whole lot better than vanilla.

I didn't play on the recommended difficulty but rather the one below it (Wanderer), where the player and enemies have the same damage multipliers (the recommended setting has the player take more damage than enemies do, and that just doesn't sound fun to me).

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Does anyone know of a simple mod that provides a turn off/on radio key that doesn't require going through the Pip-Boy menu?

Also I'm going to ask just in case anyone's heard of it before: I'm having an odd bug where some text in terminal logs is cut off, it just won't let me scroll to see the rest of it.

This is my load order: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vykwzsffcntc4k/2019-04-05%2010_24_31-Fallout4.png?dl=0

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Mod list time. At some point this year I might stop this, but for now lets keep it going.

Weapons!

Mk 41 Gyrojet Heavy Machine Gun A prototype heavy machine gun from before the war. Uniquely fires .51 gyrojet rounds, doing more damage the further a target is away.
Forgotten Weapons - Lahti L-35 Automatic Pistol
Stout Pistol
YK42B - Pulse Rifle
Viper Armory Inc. Krait-6712 Pump-Action Shotgun
Fallout 3 Flamethrower
Heckler und Koch - MP7
New Vegas Uniques 19 - Love and Hate Brass Knuckles
New Vegas Uniques 20 - Weathered 10mm Pistol
Foam Finger

Weapon alternatives (mods updates too)

Combat Rifle Overhaul Replaces vanilla Combat Rifle weapon mods to get endless options from submachine guns to sniper rifles. Adds new stuff as well.
M26 Fragmentation Grenade Replacer
Defense Gun - Fix NPC Firing Fix for NPCs spawning with the Defense Gun not firing their weapon.

Outfit/armour stuff!

Vietnam War Gear Collection
Joshua Graham's Head Bandages
P42 Frogskin Marine Armor
Upgradable Retro Fashion Patch Patches Retro Fashion Overhaul with Upgradable Clothing so you can upgrade Retro clothing to be useful throughout the game (and stay stylish!). Written permission given by those two mod authors to do so.

Wasteland Dress Code Change your outfit automatically depending on the weather or action... A quality-of-life mod for immersion freaks

Crafting stuff!

Quieter Crafting - Quieter Workstations - Quieter Workbenches
Pottery - Craft Ceramic Ware
Legendary Crafting Framework Craft legendary mods, add a second legendary mod slot, ammo conversion and firing mode selector for guns, modify/enhance armours and melee weapons and more. Works with mod-added custom armour and weapons, no patches required.
More Robot Voices for Automatron Adds several new voice types for Automatron robots, including Mr. Handy, Mr. Gutsy, Miss Nanny, Protectron, and just for fun...Professor Goodfeels and Takahashi.

New systems and stuff to do!

Be an Author - Write books and magazines Write books and magazines based on your experiences.
Real Readable Books Read Stories and relax.
Missions Committee - A Mission Generator Missions Committee is a unique mission generator that puts the player into uncommon situations.
Survival First Aid Hardcore First aid mod where every gun shot causes a bleed effect over time. New medical supplies to heal and keep the player alive.
SKK Dynamic Damage Manager

Quality of life improvements!

Ini Setting Switcher
Mors Sit Anywhere (and wait)
Drop Quest Items

Misc stuff!

The Loft A cozy and charming player home in the heart of Goodneighbor.
Cigarette Card smoke new cigs, get card.
Retextured Keyboards - QWERTY
DRIVABLE CARS: REDUX

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Mod list time. At some point this year I might stop this, but for now lets keep it going.
For what it's worth, I really like these posts.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks. I am happy we're still getting interesting mods.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Woebin posted:

For what it's worth, I really like these posts.

Ditto. I usually don't end up using these majority of the posted mods, but there's usually at least 1 or 2 that I end up installing. I'm looking forward to trying out that legendary crafting mod, and the combat rifle one, too. Just have to make sure they're compatible with stuff like see-through scopes, before I'll keep 'em

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Quick question.
I just started playing and modding again. I've got Sim Settlements and ROTC and Industrial exp in and working. I'm looking for an add on pack to add more city leaders as I'm still early in the game and actually using the companions I've currently got. Really I just want to get the early places like Abernethy, Tenpines Bluff and Sanctuary etc to start building themselves.
However all of the mods that add settlers as city leaders have comments saying that an update broke them.
Is there a working city leaders mod that anyone knows about?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Arivia posted:

Does anyone know of a simple mod that provides a turn off/on radio key that doesn't require going through the Pip-Boy menu?

Also I'm going to ask just in case anyone's heard of it before: I'm having an odd bug where some text in terminal logs is cut off, it just won't let me scroll to see the rest of it.

This is my load order: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vykwzsffcntc4k/2019-04-05%2010_24_31-Fallout4.png?dl=0

I used the FO4Hotkeys mod (just the Lite version) to add in a line into it's config to bind a key to radio on/off.

B=cgf "Radio.Toggle"

Where "B" is whatever key you want to use.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm probably going to be starting a new FO4 playthrough soon, trying to decide which mods to use this go around. Thinking about getting real weird with it and trying to see how much of the game I can do with a zombie apocalypse mod running.

Anybody have a favorite zombie apocalypse and/or crazy war mod?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Frost is by the same modder who did new Vegas Dust and there's a lot of feral ghouls and almost no ammo

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Doesn't Frost just remove the entirety of the quests? seems like it'd get a bit boring after a while

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nalesh posted:

Doesn't Frost just remove the entirety of the quests? seems like it'd get a bit boring after a while

Yes, that's just mostly about "can I keep away from radiation and luck out finding a ghoul mask", and most of the story clues require you to be really really really familiar with every random location so you have any idea at all where some of the notes send you since there's no markers.

grab Terrifyer, Fog of War, Pilgrim ENB, The Running Dead, maybe Darker Nights and Fallout 2287

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Just reinstalled this after a few years of not playing it. Is the "recommended mod" section + the Google docs still accurate or is there a new one outside the OP?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Just reinstalled this after a few years of not playing it. Is the "recommended mod" section + the Google docs still accurate or is there a new one outside the OP?

I'm not sure I've used (or heard of) 99% of the mods in that spreadsheet

Scroll back through for SeanBeansShako's posts, he's had some recent mod stuff.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yep just check my post history in this thread for the latest scoop.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Alternately just go install everything from LL's fallout 4 section, I'm sure there's nothing there that will get you disowned by your family

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Some mods I've been using that I'm not sure people know about :

Radioactive Lighting: Makes signs and billboards and things of that nature glow in the dark. This is one those mods that I never realized I would need until I saw it, which is what inspired me to post it here.

Player Comments and Head Tracking: Makes the player comment on things in the world. The default settings result in them talking way too much so I dialed everything down to 5% of the normal and its great. The best feature is that every now and then I remind Dogmeat that he is a good boy. A very good immersion mod.

Beast Master: I haven't gotten to the point in my game where I can use this yet but it sounds awesome as gently caress.

Here's a few that I think get overlooked. Just reiterating that the player comment mod must be set to its absolute lowest settings in order to be enjoyed, otherwise your character will never shut the gently caress up.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow, thanks for the compilations SeanBeansShako!

Just went back up to Jan 2018 and that's a ton of mods already.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Thanks for the mod lists SeanBeansShako. But is there also an up to date "essential" list with things like "Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch" and "Armorsmith Extended"? Like if I'm starting totally from scratch.

I was looking through nexus and just sorting by most popular (all time) but dunno if some of them might be obsolete.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I assume those are bog standard quality of life things and are kept mostly in date? you best just study the Nexus page for them.

At the end of the day though if they aren't up to date it is fine, F4 can be pretty buggy and unbalanced end game wise either way!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You can just do "all time best" non Adult and those will pop up in the top 50 (they did for me), since they're downloaded pretty much every single time someone installs the game.

Elianora's homes are also very good imo - Marlboro house is a good haven spot. Her revisions of the faction homes are also cool.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Honestly the mods youll want will vary from person to person based on how you derive fun from this game but a good place to start with is mod manager of your choice, unofficial patch, weather mod of your choice, a mod to either make building better or mostly get rid of it, and then just whatever QoL mods you see in the top downloads that appeal to you. From there its just browsing the nexus to look for fun stuff or realizing things you want to change while playing, and then going to see if theres a mod that does it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

And an enb/reshade if your computer can handle it. Id recommend Photorealistic Commonwealth for that

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I recently started replaying this, and my biggest question at the moment: is there a simple mod that fixes the loving horrific conversation system? Like, every time I try to turn in a quest, I have to go find a person, wait for them to finish whatever "immersive" animation they're doing, wait for them to spit out their "immersive" dialogue line about whatever they tasked me with, then tell them the exact same thing they just told me, then wait for them to respond and repeat the same goddamn thing for the third time, and then finally, hopefully, get a dialogue menu to pop up to turn the damned thing in. After the eight hundredth settlement that Preston sends me to coddle it starts to get a little old.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Can't you just click to skip the dialogue?

Is there a mod that changes the inventory UI to something more like Skyui? i.e. get rid of the pipboy interface completely and replace it with a nice clean inventory? I have Def_UI and Def_Inv but it's still pretty clunky using the pipboy for managing weapons and armor etc.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

fuf posted:

Sometimes! Other times, it shoots them in the face, because making "skip dialogue" and "shoot weapon" the same button was another insightful design decision. But usually that doesn't take effect until the conversation gets into "locked on" mode. I'm mainly looking for something that eliminates all the preamble, e.g. someone's working on a corn plant, I walk up to them and press E, they slowly go through their "planting corn" animation or whatever, then stand up, then say a line, and then just stand there because for some reason that hasn't actually initiated conversation until I hit E again. It's all just very sloppy and feels weird.

Or if I want to go sell something, I don't want to hear the guy's philosophy on why weapons are good every time I try and barter. I just want to be able to run up to someone and mash E and get my dialogue options like in New Vegas.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Wingnut Ninja posted:

e.g. someone's working on a corn plant, I walk up to them and press E, they slowly go through their "planting corn" animation or whatever, then stand up, then say a line, and then just stand there because for some reason that hasn't actually initiated conversation until I hit E again. It's all just very sloppy and feels weird.

Yeah that is annoying actually.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It not being able to handle animation switching and talking at the same time is still one of the big things that show how outdated their engine is.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

fuf posted:

In FO4 you can push the dialog selection keys to cut off npc dialog, which also gives snarky remarks from your character

Honsy16
Mar 18, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Sometimes! Other times, it shoots them in the face, because making "skip dialogue" and "shoot weapon" the same button was another insightful design decision. But usually that doesn't take effect until the conversation gets into "locked on" mode. I'm mainly looking for something that eliminates all the preamble, e.g. someone's working on a corn plant, I walk up to them and press E, they slowly go through their "planting corn" animation or whatever, then stand up, then say a line, and then just stand there because for some reason that hasn't actually initiated conversation until I hit E again. It's all just very sloppy and feels weird.

Or if I want to go sell something, I don't want to hear the guy's philosophy on why weapons are good every time I try and barter. I just want to be able to run up to someone and mash E and get my dialogue options like in New Vegas.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16229

Quicktrade, for all of your instant bartering and companion/settler inventory needs. It also has some optional files to reduce the radius at which vendors will drag you into the forced greeting conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Honsy16 posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16229

Quicktrade, for all of your instant bartering and companion/settler inventory needs. It also has some optional files to reduce the radius at which vendors will drag you into the forced greeting conversation.

That seems to help a lot, thanks. The reduced radius fix also seems to work with quest givers too, which is nice.