Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
The last part of Octavia's Anthem makes me want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its really bad. when i did it one of the bad notes was completely invisible so i had to jump around trying to find it by sonar while the little dudes shot at me constantly.

not fun!

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

"Oh there's a electricity and a melee mission I'll do them both at the same time!"

*enters Hydron*

"AWOOOOO"

*Pulls out melee weapon usually modded for radiation damage these days for reasons*

"Oh... gently caress"

5 minutes later...

*Abort mission*

EDIT: Oh and it's cold damage. :suicide:

Phigs fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 11, 2019

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Someone popped a rad relic with a saryn prime chassis (which I was super hype for!) and the host left as we were about to finish wave 10, so I didn't get my forma blueprint from the first relic either.

gently caress pubbies, that's just rude man.

e: forma came in the mail after a couple more missions, still rude af to let everyone waste their time on 6-10, though.

AzureSkye fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 11, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i try to never run endless missions with pubs

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

far more often then not i at least get pubs who announce they're leaving instead of just alt tabbing at round 9.

Rainuwastaken posted:

The operator spy thing actually sounds kinda neat. I want more wacky "I would never do this normally" challenges like that.

Ya I'm really okay with this. Operators are already pretty great at spy missions and i like some of the new operator weapons. I was really excited by Chimera Prologue's operator only segment and hope we get a lot more of that stuff. Eventually, way down the line with the new war, either like that segment with the spoiler mode just working differently than normal or after more changes are made to it and focus.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 11, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For spy requirements, invasion missions usually only have one spy room just to finish more of them faster!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Synthbuttrange posted:

For spy requirements, invasion missions usually only have one spy room just to finish more of them faster!

WHAT

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So, Hildy is alright, but I need some Range on her, I think.

Also, what are the opinions on Exergis, it seems like it should be good, but it's kinda weird.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It can hit 100% status or you can crank up the damage, great with punch through and chilling reload too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's basically a reskin of tigris prime. so, it's fine if you like tigris prime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its a non hitscan version of the Tigris. Its pretty decent. But if you use Mag a lot, then you might want one to use with the bubble.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Seeking fury and chilling reload and 100% status on exergis is beastmode. Great if you don’t like the duplex trigger on the tigris

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

AzureSkye posted:

The last part of Octavia's Anthem makes me want to die.

I must have spent like half an hour chasing down the last two notes. While constantly being distracted by eradicysts and having to duck the death beam. Frequently I would kill an eradicyst and another eradicyst would spawn next to it in less than a second.

I'm not curious about music anymore, Suda.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I want a multishot reload riven for the exergis so bad.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

I Am Just a Box posted:

I must have spent like half an hour chasing down the last two notes. While constantly being distracted by eradicysts and having to duck the death beam. Frequently I would kill an eradicyst and another eradicyst would spawn next to it in less than a second.

I'm not curious about music anymore, Suda.

I'm considering redoing the quest to complete the scans on one of the corrupted sentients. I clearly make questionable decisions.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

when's the best time to play Warframe?

Tenno clock

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm considering redoing the quest to complete the scans on one of the corrupted sentients. I clearly make questionable decisions.

At least the corrupted sentients show up before the jumping piano mission, so you can abort the quest after getting your scans.

There's no codex entry for eradicysts, is there? I'm gonna be mad if there is. I already missed pre-Shadow Stalker's entry.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

you can get pre shadow stalkers entry if you play with someone who haven't completed the second dream yet and it's their stalker that pops.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah buts going to be super rare, people that early in will have very few marks

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Alts, my dude :v:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What are some of the reasons that people use alts in this game, and some of the potential consequences?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Rampant brain issues, hanging out in different clans maybe? or special self imposed account restriction playthroughs

and

possibly bans if used to egregiously get around daily farm limits like login coupon rewards or sortie/special alert drops or uh.... maybe syndicate stuff when gifting it back to your main?

Actually i dont know if DE actually pulls through on that because the mere thought of doing the daily grinds 2x or 5x times sounds godawful to me.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Login rewards can't be traded.

The only reason to have an alt is to get around the 90 riven per account hard cap, and you would have to level up your alt a bit to do any practical amount of trading.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Avulsion posted:

Login rewards can't be traded.
I mean the plat bought with 75%ers you get from your dozen+ alt accounts

which is ultimately still money in DE's pocket, but i heard they kind of frown on trades that are "4200 plat for 1 ammo drum"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

How long are the special alerts up?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

How long are the special alerts up?

" From now until May 13, 2 p.m. ET, two Tactical Alerts are here to help you take down the Wolf of Saturn Six. Complete these replayable Alerts before time is up to get your rewards and a guaranteed chance to fight the Wolf! "

EDIT : And Raptor answers the part I totally blanked on. Teamowrk!

Tylana fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 11, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
And the palatine alerts are until the 15th

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

as i understand it, if you make an alt account you are not allowed to use it to interact with your main account in any way. no riven muling or anything.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
sounds like its time for a clan mule trade spreadsheet

i wonder if they'd actually notice anyway and ban us all

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mimesweeper posted:

sounds like its time for a clan mule trade spreadsheet

i wonder if they'd actually notice anyway and ban us all

Half the time people are giving away rivens in the clan when they're at capacity anyway.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Rampant brain issues ... or special self imposed account restriction playthroughs

Hi, this is me

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Here's a question that I was curious about. How much is eBaying a frame, or whatever, frowned upon? Or how much is it actually figured out, etc?

I'm truly not looking to go down that road, but I always get curious and see what kind of grey market is going on. It looks pretty in-depth.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Chinook posted:

Here's a question that I was curious about. How much is eBaying a frame, or whatever, frowned upon? Or how much is it actually figured out, etc?

I'm truly not looking to go down that road, but I always get curious and see what kind of grey market is going on. It looks pretty in-depth.

Anything else than plat is very difficult to impossible and worth it (for brainwormy types) only for Excalibur Prime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
excal prime is completely useless now that umbra exists, but it's rare and unobtainable which is very important to some crazy people.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hunting the wolf has taught me that Hildryn is one of the best Wolf counters. He can never just slam your health down to 0 in one hit, he attacks slow enough that it's child's play to get all your shields back (especially if you have a Sentinal with full restore) and oh yeah she got a big fukken Radiation gun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chinook posted:

you can only sell unbuilt prime frames to people. if you wanted to like sell your excalibur prime you would have to sell the whole account.

people do sell like rivens and poo poo on ebay for money and they risk being banned.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

They have started looking heavily into ebay poo poo recently too, so I would advice against going down that road.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Awesome! posted:

as i understand it, if you make an alt account you are not allowed to use it to interact with your main account in any way. no riven muling or anything.

This is barely enforced unless you're moving thousands of plat all over which could be flagged as possible hack. Just moving mods and parts should not be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

excal prime is completely useless now that umbra exists, but it's rare and unobtainable which is very important to some crazy people.

I'm a crazy and wish I would have gotten a Founder pack.