Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CityMidnightJunky posted:

T2.

John rings his foster parents. The mom answers and we learn during the conversation that she's the T-1000 in disguise.

Which means before the phone call he didn't know was happening, the T-1000 was chopping veg and presumably going to have a lovely dinner with the husband. I get waiting to see if John will call and give up his location, but why keep up the pretence, why keep the guy alive, why even bother changing your appearance for a phone call. Why is he chopping veg?!

Maybe the T-1000 is a big Dana Carvey fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

T2.

John rings his foster parents. The mom answers and we learn during the conversation that she's the T-1000 in disguise.

Which means before the phone call he didn't know was happening, the T-1000 was chopping veg and presumably going to have a lovely dinner with the husband. I get waiting to see if John will call and give up his location, but why keep up the pretence, why keep the guy alive, why even bother changing your appearance for a phone call. Why is he chopping veg?!

Doesn't it kill the Dad (through the milk carton) whilst on the phone to John? It's presumably blending in, and the moment it's not neccesary it drops the pretence.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Presumably it's waiting for John to come home.

I also get the feeling that T1000 was waiting for John to come home, and during the phone call it realizes that he hosed up the dog's name and alerted John to run. Or recognized T-800 voice modulation or something and knows that blending in became irrelevant.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Maybe the T-1000 is a big Dana Carvey fan.

:golfclap:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Doesn't it kill the Dad (through the milk carton) whilst on the phone to John? It's presumably blending in, and the moment it's not neccesary it drops the pretence.
Or it just really hates when people drink straight from the carton.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Der Kyhe posted:

I also get the feeling that T1000 was waiting for John to come home, and during the phone call it realizes that he hosed up the dog's name and alerted John to run. Or recognized T-800 voice modulation or something and knows that blending in became irrelevant.

There's a deleted scene where the T-1000 goes into John's bedroom and finds something that indicates the dog's real name and that's when he realizes he's been tricked.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sand Monster posted:

There's a deleted scene where the T-1000 goes into John's bedroom and finds something that indicates the dog's real name and that's when he realizes he's been tricked.

Sure I remember it as the T-1000 killing the dog and reading it's nametag, but it's so long since I've watched the film I could be misremembering.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

There’s an extended cut where the T1000 kills the dog and starts glitching after being frozen.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's also a deleted scene where the T-1000 enjoys a Capri Sun.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Doesn't it kill the Dad—

he's not his dad :byodood:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Darthemed posted:

Or it just really hates when people drink straight from the carton.

John did say Todd was a dick.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There's also a deleted scene where the T-1000 enjoys a Capri Sun.

Liquid Cool

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I always thought the T-1000 had a very mercurial temperament.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Can a T-1000 turn his arm into a Capri-Sun pouch and drink it himself or is that too complex?

It never occurred to me that limiting his forms to other people or swords and knives was a cop out for the FX limitations of the time. He can create fizzy hair for the foster mom as well as complex clothing patterns and textures, but for weapons it's swords and hooks and that's it.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 23:27 on May 10, 2019

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Pokemon: Detective Pikachu So I know that Howard is a crippled old man dying from a disease and got obsessed with evolution and trigger a mass merge of all humans into their Pokemon. But how the hell can you work with Pokemon for the last 25 years and not realize that *not* all Pokemons can evolve?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Episode four Bambi the waitress was wearing high heels. Nah.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T2.

I always thought it was a little weird that dogs automatically detect Terminators and go apeshit whenever they’re around but none of the dogs at the Mexican gun compound react to Arnold at all.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I thought the dogs initially barked when Arnold & the crew rolled up in their car. They stopped barking when Enrique showed up.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
My only problem with endgame is that when they come back from getting the stones and Nebula and Widow are missing everyone asks about Widow and nobody even thinks about Nebula. I know she’s a member of the family and Nebula isn’t, but you’d think maybe someone would at least notice, especially the guy she went on her mission with who was standing right next to her one second ago.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

My only problem with endgame is that when they come back from getting the stones and Nebula and Widow are missing everyone asks about Widow and nobody even thinks about Nebula. I know she’s a member of the family and Nebula isn’t, but you’d think maybe someone would at least notice, especially the guy she went on her mission with who was standing right next to her one second ago.

Also shouldn't Rhodes have noticed Nebula's not burned arm when they got back? I figured that would come into play somewhere and maybe it did and that footage was later cut, but you had past Nebula going to great lengths to look like present Nebula, but with a perfectly good left forearm. The act of damaging current Nebula was too deliberate not to have been deliberate.

Also, what's the rule on spoilers? Is it after a month? Or can we say any movie that's made 2 billion dollars doesn't need a spoiler tag?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Phanatic posted:

I thought they all came back at the same time so even though Nebula spent more time in 2014 it seemed like she was right behind him to Rhodes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Still Endgame.

Gaunab posted:

I thought they all came back at the same time so even though Nebula spent more time in 2014 it seemed like she was right behind him to Rhodes.

She was. You see her looking around a bit, paying more attention to her surroundings than the others.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mierenneuker posted:

Still Endgame.

She was. You see her looking around a bit, paying more attention to her surroundings than the others.

So many people seem to have missed that. I thought it was pretty drat obvious.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The big team up reveal has so many people it's easy to miss folks like Howard the Duck is there.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Android Apocalypse posted:

I thought the dogs initially barked when Arnold & the crew rolled up in their car. They stopped barking when Enrique showed up.

hes become "human" now, a father figure etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzvnWM_wWE&t=45s

e: lol quoted wrong post but i guess youre right anyway so

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 18:09 on May 11, 2019

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Krispy Wafer posted:

Also shouldn't Rhodes have noticed Nebula's not burned arm when they got back? I figured that would come into play somewhere and maybe it did and that footage was later cut, but you had past Nebula going to great lengths to look like present Nebula, but with a perfectly good left forearm. The act of damaging current Nebula was too deliberate not to have been deliberate.

I seem to remember a brief shot of Past Nebula putting on or taking off a glove on that arm to hide that it's not burned but I may be mistaken.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Yeah, their return devices bring them all back a couple of seconds after they left no matter how long it took or where else they went (like the 70s.)

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Endgame

My only problem is that Nebula hasn't upgraded her neural network since 2014. It's been ten years, man. You got Iron man, and Hulk around. As well as Rocket and other space people, you gotta update.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

PicklePants posted:

Endgame

My only problem is that Nebula hasn't upgraded her neural network since 2014. It's been ten years, man. You got Iron man, and Hulk around. As well as Rocket and other space people, you gotta update.

Or at least put in a firewall, poo poo.

Watch her memory playback, wouldn't Thanos have seen all of Gamora's betrayal first hand?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I don’t think they Netflix binged everything

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Krispy Wafer posted:

Also, what's the rule on spoilers? Is it after a month? Or can we say any movie that's made 2 billion dollars doesn't need a spoiler tag?

Let's wait another couple weeks. I agree with you that most or all of the people that care about Endgame spoilers are likely to have seen it already, but it's better to be courteous just in case, I think.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Let's wait another couple weeks. I agree with you that most or all of the people that care about Endgame spoilers are likely to have seen it already, but it's better to be courteous just in case, I think.

I really, really appreciate it. I haven't been able to see it yet due to the nature of my work. Hopefully next week or the week after I'll get the chance though.

Thanks for all the spoiler tags, y'all! Please keep it up for a little while longer. Not all of us have 9-5 jobs that allow us to catch a movie after work or on the weekend.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

PicklePants posted:

Endgame

I think it’s fair to assume she might have a stronger aversion to upgrades than the others after spending so much time....”disassembled” while conscious.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Also for Nebula, she said that every time she lost a fight to Gamora that Thanos upgraded her. So maybe she either doesn't know how, or refuses to, work any more on the cybernetic part of herself, since she probably didn't consent to it to begin with.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Whatever Nebula has installed in her, it's light years ahead of Earth tech. Rocket told Stark he is only the smart person here, and considering the tech we've seen on GotG he's not wrong.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Whatever Nebula has installed in her, it's light years ahead of Earth tech. Rocket told Stark he is only the smart person here, and considering the tech we've seen on GotG he's not wrong.

Then why haven't they figured out time travel :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You have to be pretty dumb to turn yourself into an antman, and only Earthlings can be that stupid.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arrath posted:

Or at least put in a firewall, poo poo.

Watch her memory playback, wouldn't Thanos have seen all of Gamora's betrayal first hand?

Endgame:

Nebula's problem wasn't that she was hacked, it was that her neural network automatically interfaced with the past version of itself. That's not the sort of thing that you'd expect to void the warranty.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tunicate posted:

You have to be pretty dumb to turn yourself into an antman, and only Earthlings can be that stupid.

what if you turn yourself into an ant, man :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Luckyellow posted:

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu So I know that Howard is a crippled old man dying from a disease and got obsessed with evolution and trigger a mass merge of all humans into their Pokemon. But how the hell can you work with Pokemon for the last 25 years and not realize that *not* all Pokemons can evolve?

I have to say I did love the movie, because while it was formula it was happy and had its funny moments without being super saccharine. I mean technically Howard should have wanted a Ditto's body because then he could still look like himself! My guess for your question would be Howard just doesn't think of the ones like Dunsparce as 'real' Pokemon, just crap ones.

What I don't get is why did Mewtwo need Tim in order to split Harry and Pikachu again?