Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My plan of juggling 4 and 8GB cards paid off in spades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is a game save basically toast once it starts going bad on a 64GB card? Or could I salvage it by resuming on a <32GB?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I nearly lost my Persona 4 Golden save that was like 3/4 of the way through the game because my memory card hosed up. I might hack the Vita just to be able to use the SD adapter

EDIT: drat, SD2Vita is only $9 on Amazon

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 8, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EDIT: drat, SD2Vita is only $9 on Amazon

They're like $2 on Ali or Wish if you're willing to wait

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
If I hack my Vita would it be an issue going on PSN to download games?

Because now it's real tempting. I would seriously consider one of those SD cards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No, you can still use the store and spend money on stuff.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They're like $2 on Ali or Wish if you're willing to wait

Yea, they are $0.01 on ebay a week or two ago when they had $3 off $3.01 coupon lol. I sold my 8gb to gamestop when i got my vita and bought a 128gb card for barely anymore money.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just transfer my saves and game data to my computer every now and then. It's easy and painless.

This, of course, does not account for a completely failed memory card though. I've got the 8gb that my system came with as a backup, but hoping it's not something I'll need to address.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly at this point people should just transition to the sd2vita. It’s not a matter of if your card takes a poo poo it’s a matter of when.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i got a 16gb card with my og vita included and it still works fine, but then again it has to since OG vita needs a card to boot henkaku anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
how do you gently caress up this badly making solid state memory cards honestly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

By not giving a poo poo about anything other than no one else being able to make them

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there an ez guide for doing the SD card thing. I have an old model vita. also a PSTV

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
My 8 gigs card died and became unreadable EXCEPT for symphony of the night, so moved to sd2vita.

Welp now I can have persona 4, soul sacrifice and xcom at the same time and it feels good. Xcom seems to load faster, even!

Rinkles posted:

I still can't get my 3.68 unlocked. Can't get it to talk with my computer to start the first part of the process. Either it asks for an update, or just fails to connect.

This is days later but that was happening to me when I was using the official content manager program. Installed qcma and used that and it let me do the stuff.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there an ez guide for doing the SD card thing. I have an old model vita. also a PSTV

https://vita.hacks.guide for the exploit itself

https://vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr.html for SD2Vita specifically. PSTV can just use USB sticks.

PSVSD is also an option for old vitas (I prefer it because it leaves my gamecard slot free) but you gotta take your vita apart and do some surgery so it's not for the faint of heart. Also means you can't change the microSD card as easily or fish it out if there's a problem that needs some quick troubleshooting so you need to make sure you get your poo poo right the first time if you don't want a headache.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 8, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sick i might try the modem one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Managed to get my 3.70 vita down to 3.5 but I don't have time to figure it out properly so back to 3.70 until the weekend when I have a few hours to figure this stuff out

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If you're setting up psvsd consider replacing your battery as well, while you're in there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I learned the hard way today that the first PSP Project DIVA game absolutely does not have autosave...be sure to seebu your games everybody.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hacked my 3.70 Vita and got it to 3.60 so Henkaku persists on reboot... drat it feels good to be a gangsta

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What happens if you have an old Vita and the memory card fails when you have SD2Vita?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hadji murad posted:

What happens if you have an old Vita and the memory card fails when you have SD2Vita?

If you're doing it properly wouldn't the plugin and henkaku be installed to the NAND?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you're doing it properly wouldn't the plugin and henkaku be installed to the NAND?

This.

There are apps to replace pointless system apps with backup copies of vitashell, so once you've got enso installed you can make it pretty much bulletproof because you can always get back to vitashell and reinstall your plugins on a new memory card.

If you're using enso and setting it up efficiently you only *need* the memory card for the initial exploit on an OG Vita.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hacked my 3.70 Vita and got it to 3.60 so Henkaku persists on reboot... drat it feels good to be a gangsta

You wanna go to 3.65 to get the combination of most modern firmware and enso. :)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Counterpoint: you can basically do the same on both firmwares except cheats

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The cheat scene seems a lot..quieter than the PSP one ever was. Especially if you're trying to find anything for EU releases.

Ended up taking mine down to 3.65 last night, installing enso and ordering a SD2V so I guess I'm pretty much set.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is kinda weird that nobody seems to making any Vita specific emulators. Everything available for a hacked vita is just the PSP stuff people made a decade ago. I feel like the hardware could be pushed way beyond what anybody is doing currently.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The initial hacks were to crash PSP mode into a homebrew menu so there was still incentive to develop it. Native homebrew only started coming out after Sony ceased development and it turns out the New 3DS has more power even with the lower resolution screen.

The Switch by far has become the new PSP however thanks to only needing a paperclip to hack.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
It feels so drat nice to have more than 3 games installed at the same time.
Before it was either having soul sacrifice or persona.

EVERYTHING! Damnit, my 8 gigs memory card dying was probably the best thing that could have happened to my vita hahaha.

... Also to play some soul sacrifice after 3 years, my last save was from 2016, hahaha.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is there still anybody playing Soul Sacrifice (Delta) online?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Annath posted:

Is there still anybody playing Soul Sacrifice (Delta) online?

Don't know. Never tried it online even back then

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have the game, but never played it online.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
there a list of games that work on the vita, but can't be seen on the vita version of PSN? I didn't realize Suikoden 2 was on PSN until I watched a stream the other day.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It's probably just a problem with the PSN storefront sucking more than anything.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I've searched the vita version of PSN for suikoden more than once, and the only result is suikoden 1. Like, yeah, the storefront sucks, but suikoden 2 straight up does not appear on it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah there's a bunch of stuff that's not visible from the Vita for some stupid reason. I think Univbee might have kept a list on his blog at some point?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're going to buy one last thing on your dead Sony handheld, make it The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants. It's my favorite VN and they added a lot of new additions (like a voiced sequel arc).

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 1, 2019

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

If you're going to buy one last thing on your dead Sony handheld, make it The House in Fata Morgana: reams of the Revenants. It's my favorite VN and they added a lot of new additions (like a voiced sequel arc).

Finally frikkin came out. 40bux though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To be fair if you were to buy the original and Requiem on Steam it'd also be $40 and you wouldn't have Reincarnation or the extra side stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Is there a handy list of good rpgs and vns on this dead system? Picked one up on the cheap and want to go back and grab what's good since I've never had a Sony handheld before