Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i also like how gogs (exploding out of a dude's torso aside) has by far the most whimsical appearance of the demiurges and the most :stonk:-worthy title of the group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

President Ark posted:

i also like how gogs (exploding out of a dude's torso aside) has by far the most whimsical appearance of the demiurges and the most :stonk:-worthy title of the group

poo poo, until your post I didn't realize she exploded out of some dude, I thought she just transformed from that appearance to her current one. That explains the gore a bit more... :gonk:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tenebrais posted:

In a live-action K6BD I'd imagine Gog-Agog's entire face to be bad CG. Obvious enough to be off-putting.

itd be like one of those videos of facial animations in games turned up X00%
She starts to clip into herself when she gets angry

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Begemot posted:

Yeah, obviously The Mind is gonna be Jags because he's a huge nerd, and The Blade will be Jadis because she used to be a huge badass before seeing the shape of the universe.

Jagganoth is literally a monumental Rodin but alive.
Jadis saw the edge.
Pretty cut and dry here.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

IUG posted:

poo poo, until your post I didn't realize she exploded out of some dude, I thought she just transformed from that appearance to her current one. That explains the gore a bit more... :gonk:

Why transform when you can get a lackey to carry your parasitic worms and devour him too?

Compared to presumably the original idea of xenomorphing her way out of some poor sap, it's a much bigger power move to have a follower sacrifice his life just so you can make a cool entrance.

It kind of adds something to the terror around her, honestly, along with her title. We've seen several of the demiurges' followers now - Mottom's are motivated by the power structure she heads, Mammon's are motivated by pity for the (apparent) gentle giant, Incubus' are in it out of addiction to the self-actualisation he gives them, and as far as we know Solomon David doesn't really have followers so much as citizens just seeking a peaceful/prosperous life.
So what motivates Gog-Agog's followers, such that one might willingly and enthusiastically be torn apart by her for her whimsy?

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 12, 2019

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like a cult that believes immortality can be found in being consumed by the queen of worms is inevitable, really

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

based on the background posted above i just assumed her "followers" were all just... her

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Given her thing is media entertainment, I have a feeling she's less into cults and more into freaky game shows where the losers are subjected to horrific punishments (and the winners get worse).

I'm not sure we have confirmation her worms thing is something known by the general population though?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i feel like a cult that believes immortality can be found in being consumed by the queen of worms is inevitable, really

Possibly. I could also see a sort of nihilistic cult of despair - gonna get devoured by worms anyway, might as well go crazy with it, that sort of thing.
An old tumblr answer described Gog-Agog as the entertainment maven of Throne, so presumably her folks can put on a hell of a show.

eke out posted:

based on the background posted above i just assumed her "followers" were all just... her

That was definitely a flesh and blood person. The evidence for that is now quite widespread.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gog-agog's followers can become her, but i assume they often only carry a seed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Possibly. I could also see a sort of nihilistic cult of despair - gonna get devoured by worms anyway, might as well go crazy with it, that sort of thing.
An old tumblr answer described Gog-Agog as the entertainment maven of Throne, so presumably her folks can put on a hell of a show.

That was definitely a flesh and blood person. The evidence for that is now quite widespread.

A human body, yes. I don't think we have enough information about the state of their central nervous system to call them a person.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my mind just goes to the rakdos aesthetic from the recent magic set whenever I think about what gog's followers are like

a little more green in theme than red/black ofc

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was oblivious to the whole exploding out of underling thing and now I'm hoping there's a way for Gog-agog to put on some matryoshkan gore show where whoever fighting her thinks they've got her beat gets depressed knowing they're nowhere close to her final form.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tollymain posted:

yeah i guess i'm less than clear on how the whole thing works, maybe it only takes a few worms before she can agent smith into your body

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

M. Propagandalf posted:

I was oblivious to the whole exploding out of underling thing and now I'm hoping there's a way for Gog-agog to put on some matryoshkan gore show where whoever fighting her thinks they've got her beat gets depressed knowing they're nowhere close to her final form.

The worms have tiny worms inside them.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty sure operant said that one of the most popular tv shows in throne is Everybody Loves Gog-Agog

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Price Is Worms

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The prize is behind one of these three doors! (all doors have worms behind them)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Synthbuttrange posted:

The prize is behind one of these three doors! (all doors have worms behind them)

The Throne version of the Monty Hall problem was kind of gross.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Whose Worm Is It Anyway?

e: vvvvv :perfect:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 12, 2019

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

President Ark posted:

Whose Worm Is It Anyway?

Who Wants to be a Million Worms?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Win Gog Agog's Worms

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Like Jadis, I prefer 'Wheel or no Wheel'

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cryophage posted:

?! It's clearly Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Cryophage posted:

:tviv:

(that's also how people react when the briefcase containing the shape of the universe is selected)

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 12, 2019

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

voting third party posted:

Who Wants to be a Million Worms?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I do like Alison's smoking gun(s).

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

holy :pusheen:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I finally realized what this latest update reminds me of:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

we are all eyepatch wifebeater man :smith:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gah the bell looks like an eye now

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

:perfect:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
We don't deserve Cryophage, but I'm happy they're here.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tollymain posted:

gah the bell looks like an eye now

There's probably a horrifying reason for all the little holes throughout her outfit, and especially the strange looking hat. It actually reminds me of a praying mantis' head.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

:perfect: Amaaaazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

SardonicTyrant posted:

?! It's clearly Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

This. Who's Throne's Peter Sagal, though? I assume Bobcat Goldthwait just lives in Throne already, so at least they have one panelist.

There Bias Two posted:

There's probably a horrifying reason for all the little holes throughout her outfit, and especially the strange looking hat. It actually reminds me of a praying mantis' head.

Especially since they're all worms. Although Allison did send actual TEETH flying when she socked Gog, so maybe some of the worms actually transform into non-worm objects like bells and clothes and that staff.

M. Propagandalf posted:

Now I want to see this too.

Tollymain posted:

Yeah, and if they're voluntary followers and not just infected, that makes her even scarier since it means that she's someone a large number of people deem worth following.