Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

In not so lovely news, everybody seemed to like The Reward when it first dropped in 2013, and that led to a Kickstarter for more episodes.

Here's the original video if you never saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18

Anyway, they made all those follow up episodes and now they're back and want to make more!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1862188728/tales-of-alethrion-season-two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

The chap who did deep space d6 has a new social deduction game on t'Kickstarter, Jumpship

It's a token based game where you draw 2 a turn and give them to other players. Some tokens advance the clock and then you can airlock/quarantine other players.

Seems like a fun twist on the resistance but it's $40 with shipping which seems pricey. Maybe the tokens are ultra fancy like iron clays...

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Holy poo poo, the crazy kid-beating wife-abusing dude who made the insanely amateurish Game of Thrones Card Game Kickstarter got his project shut down, THEN started the same project up on Indiegogo, THEN started another one on Kickstarter and is pretending to have nothing to do with the previous ones.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731021132/a-race-to-the-iron-throne-card-battle-game/description

This is peak delusion.

Edit: Hahahaha, the FAQ is the best part:

Kickstarter posted:

FAQ:
Do I have Licensing Rights for this game?
This game is using an entire different theme then the show, the only similarities are the characters names which is why I need funding to pay HBO for the Characters. All Design and photos will be sketched with a likeness of the actors on the show, but not a direct representation.

Is this game based on The Game of Thrones
Yes and No, the images are all hand drawn and the names are, but the design and theme is completely different.

Can I collect these cards?
Yes, as there will be more and more cards made in the future.

Will I be able to ship these cards Worldwide
Right now, I'd like to say yes, but there may be restrictions, I will update you on that.

How will these cards be sold?
We are hoping to sell them online and in stores.

Why don‘t I have any photos Of cards yet?
We are in The earlier developmental stage, when we make our first prototypes we will upload them.

Have you Play-tested this Game?
Yes, it was play-tested With quickly made mock-up cards, the play testing went very well.

What do you need the funding for?
All sorts of things, 3D Printers, inkjet printers, artists, certain IP rights and much more, will update with an extensive list of needed items.

You say you have a Dual Sided Calculator
The Calculator is still In the works and we want to make sure it’s perfect before we take pictures of it.

Why do you have Ned on the front cover of the Kickstarter Campaign!
Easy, in this game every character will have a card even Ned Stark and we felt he is a good representation of the series

When will you show us more sketches?
in around 3 days as soon as there are more backers to show it to.

Did someone else try to create this game ever before?
Yes they did. They had no idea what they were doing. This is a completely different game from His or Her Game. Kickstarter Never Forgets. WE HAVE NO ASSOCIATION OR AFFILIATION WITH THE PRIOR CREATOR WHO FAILED HIS OR HER GAME. Although he / she did give us ideas for the game while it was up temporarily,but nothing major. We read rumors on the internet about this creator and are trying to reach he / she for comment on the rumors.

Just a little warning about commentators, first of all they can make all the comments in the world, second of all, all imagery in this campaign is legal. It is also legal to try to gain funding for the Game of Thrones Character Names.
Any comments that are malicious are subject for review by a lawyer who has been hired, if the contents of the comments are in any way invading my private life, slanderous, discriminatory, or trying to hurt our IP they will be sued by Ganim, Ganim and Ganim P.C. of Bridgeport, CT.
Ganim, Ganim & Ganim, P.C.
He has been attained to watch the campaigns comments and is watching very closely.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 10, 2019

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
As far as I can tell he's written up completely different rules for the game every time he's posted this.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I wonder if this person is just trolling kickstarter right now. Board game publisher Twitter is super pissed about this because of the Kolassal Games kickstarter drama and Papillon that just happend.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

As far as I can tell he's written up completely different rules for the game every time he's posted this.

Yes now you deal 35 cards to each person and Jamie Lannister has a special ability to kill any king card (note, the Night King is the King card)

Entirely different game but a clearly different person

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/MISSING-CHILDREN-Milford-Police-Looking-for-2-Toddlers-and-Their-Parents-509726921.html

quote:

Two toddlers reported missing from Milford have been found and they are safe.

Authorities issued Silver Alerts for 3-year-old William Perez and 2-year-old Theodore Perez on Thursday and said they had been missing since Wednesday.

Police said they believe their parents left the area with the boys to avoid a visit from the Department of Children and Families, and that they did not think the boys are in any immediate danger.

Police said they have found the boys and their parents and all four of them are safe.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Geez, that's his family alright. If you've heard the audio people found, this guy needs to be locked the gently caress up.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Kickstarter stretch goals are starting to get really weird

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Holy poo poo, the crazy kid-beating wife-abusing dude who made the insanely amateurish Game of Thrones Card Game Kickstarter got his project shut down, THEN started the same project up on Indiegogo, THEN started another one on Kickstarter and is pretending to have nothing to do with the previous ones.

He registered both accounts under the same name :master:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
When the second campaign popped up, I did briefly wonder if it was someone else creating it as a joke.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
[quote="JazzFlight" post=""494972338"]in this game every character will have a card even Ned Stark and we felt he is a good representation of the series[/quote]
As Ned was deeply in denial about the mess he was in, and got his head suddenly cut off by the powers that be, I'd say he's a good representation of this game project.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FMguru posted:

As Ned was deeply in denial about the mess he was in, and got his head suddenly cut off by the powers that be, I'd say he's a good representation of this game project.

That's unfair, Ned Stark never abused his kids.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Jedit posted:

That's unfair, Ned Stark never abused his kids.
He forced them to watch beheadings and killed their pets.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Also lied about who their parents were.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

JazzFlight posted:

Edit: Hahahaha, the FAQ is the best part:

He chose a lawyer whose partners are his own sons.

I also really like “You say you have a Dual Sided Calculator.”

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
The campaign is also riddled with awful grammar and spelling mistakes. Arya can kill a wight walker. You can revive a character "if your holding The Lord of Light".

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Someone in the Kickstarter comments contacted the "law firm on retainer", and they have no knowledge of the dude or any of his pseudonyms and were surprised to find out that they were supposedly monitoring a project they had never heard of.

So this is bonkers every way you slice it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mojo Jojo posted:

The chap who did deep space d6 has a new social deduction game on t'Kickstarter, Jumpship

It's a token based game where you draw 2 a turn and give them to other players. Some tokens advance the clock and then you can airlock/quarantine other players.

Seems like a fun twist on the resistance but it's $40 with shipping which seems pricey. Maybe the tokens are ultra fancy like iron clays...

I tried the print and play with 5 last night. I wasn't majorly impressed. Part of it was definitely using slips of paper for tokens ending up with a bit of clustering, but but it doesn't feel like there's a ton of info floating around at any point. You're supposed to quarantining and killing players at certain junctions, but we managed enough for two scans which were done by alien players, so welp. Definitely not impressed enough for the price tag.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh wow looks like the kids are getting put in foster care, at least temporarily.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milford/silver-alert-issued-3-year-old-milford-toddler

quote:

Milford Police told the Milford Mirror that there were no signs of abuse involving the children, and that their concerns centered on the conditions of their home. The family had relatives in Rhode Island.

Police spokesman Officer Michael DeVito told Patch that the investigation is being handled by Milford Police and that DCF is also investigating. The two toddlers will be placed in foster care for now, police said.

Poor kids.

A part of me wants to make an Arrested Development Milford joke, but the whole thing is too sad.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

quote:

Have you Play-tested this Game?
Yes, it was play-tested With quickly made mock-up cards, the play testing went very well.

Oh okay take my money then.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
In less lovely Kickstarter news, Lancer has blown past the final $400,000 stretch goal in the final day with six hours still left to go. This guarantees a substantial content infusion into the already-unlocked stretch goal supplements including NPCs, player-facing options, pilot gear, a bunch of stuff that would have come in the future but will instead be coming slightly sooner. This is on top of using some of their newly gained finances to take the goon-made Comp/Con character creator program and fund it, turning it into Massif Press' very own official Lancer digital toolkit.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

I wonder if this person is just trolling kickstarter right now. Board game publisher Twitter is super pissed about this because of the Kolassal Games kickstarter drama and Papillon that just happend.

Is there a good summary of that somewhere? I see the project was suspended but there don't seem to be any details on a cursory search.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
In non-drama news, Inhuman Conditions had a big update that finally addressed how they're gonna make playing as Humans instead of Robots a bit more engaging. Part 1 is they added a little visual maze thing to the cards so that Humans have a reason to refer to their cards again, and part 2 is a yet-to-be-revealed optional roleplaying prompt. That was my number one concern from the original campaign, and I'm glad they came up with something neat for Humans.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

In non-drama news, Inhuman Conditions had a big update that finally addressed how they're gonna make playing as Humans instead of Robots a bit more engaging. Part 1 is they added a little visual maze thing to the cards so that Humans have a reason to refer to their cards again, and part 2 is a yet-to-be-revealed optional roleplaying prompt. That was my number one concern from the original campaign, and I'm glad they came up with something neat for Humans.
As far as I can tell they have playtested the hell out if it which is very promising

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

As far as I can tell they have playtested the hell out if it which is very promising

Yeah, I wish i lived in Chicago, cause they took signups for Chicago based backers to come do playtests with them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fight! 2nd Edition got funded with five days to go.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

malkav11 posted:

Is there a good summary of that somewhere? I see the project was suspended but there don't seem to be any details on a cursory search.

No one knows exactly what happened. What we do know is that Kolassal had a few (I think 3) kickstarters that were not yet fulfilled. No one was expecting them not to fulfill them, though. They were also apparently running a simultaneous campaign to Papillon under a different creator name.

Publishers, myself included, are pissed for a couple reasons. First, this breaks with traditional KS practices. Though it's always been against the KS rules to launch a 2nd campaign before fulfilling the previous one, KS has never enforced it. As such, it's become standard practice for many publishers to start another campaign before finishing the 1st.

The 2nd issue is KS killed Papillion after the campaign had closed but just before it charged backers cards. The game was beyond funded and killed without notice. It costs a lot of money and energy to run a campaign, and publishers believe (myself included) that if KS is going to kill a campaign due to their internal policies they should never have approved the project in the first place instead of killing it after funding has closed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This looks like a really sweet set of adventure seeds. I'm digging the whole vibe.

Trilemma Adventures Compendium https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trilemma/trilemma-adventures-compendium

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Just noticed the thread title change, top notch

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

This looks like a really sweet set of adventure seeds. I'm digging the whole vibe.

Trilemma Adventures Compendium https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trilemma/trilemma-adventures-compendium

It's OSR, so I automatically have to ask how many of the people involved in this are Nazi-adjacent before I decide whether to back it or not.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

dwarf74 posted:

!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/MISSING-CHILDREN-Milford-Police-Looking-for-2-Toddlers-and-Their-Parents-509726921.html

quote:

wo toddlers reported missing from Milford have been found and they are safe.

Authorities issued Silver Alerts for 3-year-old William Perez and 2-year-old Theodore Perez on Thursday and said they had been missing since Wednesday.

Police said they believe their parents left the area with the boys to avoid a visit from the Department of Children and Families, and that they did not think the boys are in any immediate danger.

Police said they have found the boys and their parents and all four of them are safe.

Bill and Ted!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's OSR, so I automatically have to ask how many of the people involved in this are Nazi-adjacent before I decide whether to back it or not.

At a quick look, none. Skerples and Johnstone Metzger are very much not the LotFP/Zak-adjacent crew.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jivjov posted:

Yeah, I wish i lived in Chicago, cause they took signups for Chicago based backers to come do playtests with them.

I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago when they had a playtest/open session at the downtown branch of the Chicago Public Library. The creators were running it, with their own cobbles together version of a VK machine. It was really fun meeting them, getting to chat about the KS, the game, and I got to play a round. I won as a robot, and got a free CPL mug. :toot:

Can’t wait to get my copy when they finally sort it all out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago when they had a playtest/open session at the downtown branch of the Chicago Public Library. The creators were running it, with their own cobbles together version of a VK machine. It was really fun meeting them, getting to chat about the KS, the game, and I got to play a round. I won as a robot, and got a free CPL mug. :toot:

Can’t wait to get my copy when they finally sort it all out.

Peaceful or violent robot?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jivjov posted:

Peaceful or violent robot?

Peaceful!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/259750074/good-society-an-expanded-acquaintance?ref=7hfavt

Kickstarter for Good Society, the excellent Jane Austen rpg, to get two new expansions in print with the existing ones. These will be one for playing as the servants, and one for increasing the scope of the game to encompass multiple generations. Those will be printed alongside one that adds Magic and one for playing as dashing vigilantes and criminals.

The game is really good, so this is probably your best entry point. It really shines with the physical tools like the cards so probably try to pick those up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I feel bad for mark mondragon. The grav-stug relaunch failed and he's been entirely silent since the failure I think. I hope he rallies and tries, like, his infantry units instead of a tank thing. I liked the tank, but I'd much rather get some sweet alien multipart kits

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Can't speak to everyone involved, but people like Michael Prescott, Johnstone Metzger and Evey Lockhart are very much from the anti-Nazi part of the OSR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, I feel bad for mark mondragon. The grav-stug relaunch failed and he's been entirely silent since the failure I think. I hope he rallies and tries, like, his infantry units instead of a tank thing. I liked the tank, but I'd much rather get some sweet alien multipart kits

I'm sure it was a technically good kit, but I thought it was pretty ugly and there are no games that I would use it in. I might find purpose for weird aliens though.