Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The mirrors are good. Everyone should look at themselves

Turkish Getup Death Stare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bomb posted:

Turkish Getup Death Stare

I agree the Turks shoud admit the Armenian Genocide

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I stare at my mediocre body all the time with sad eyes

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mirrors are awful for weightlifting and power lifting but essential for bodybuilding.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

bomb posted:

When are ya’ll going to join the kettlebell club, all I have around me are ballerinas working out using the mirrors

I have actually started doing simple and sinister on conditioning days because of your incessant posting about kettlebells as I lurk this thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Raffles posted:

I have actually started doing simple and sinister on conditioning days because of your incessant posting about kettlebells as I lurk this thread

well, that's the craziest thing I have read in a while!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My music tastes are probably pretty tame compared to some of you but I just found this song and literally looped it for my entire gym session. It's like my ideal workout song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NdYQngxgs

Which may also be because it has the same kind of feel as Heavy Day, one of my other favorite workout songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqTIEfHyKfo

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Raffles posted:

Sweet now we can have kettlebro gangtags

What do you think so far?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

bomb posted:

Sweet now we can have kettlebro gangtags

What do you think so far?

I quite like it. It’s fun to focus on Turkish get up technique.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I need a rowing machine routine that will make me want to be dead. I know someone in here rows like a beast.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I need a rowing machine routine that will make me want to be dead. I know someone in here rows like a beast.

Do you want to continuously row or 2 on 2 off?

I can’t row for 20 min so I sprint 2 min do some other poo poo for 2 min. Essentially attempting to keep my HR in the 140 range for 60-90 min.

Rowing by it self is boring as gently caress but if you start throwing other poo poo in there it will kill you and make you want to die for sure.

You don’t have to do 2 min you can also go for calories or distance. Whatever target you want.

Edit: for reference I’m gonna attempt to break the C2 world record for 500m in the next few weeks. I’m about 1.5 seconds off of it right now.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

2 on 2 off

I can’t row for 20 min so I sprint 2 min do some other poo poo for 2 min. Essentially attempting to keep my HR in the 140 range for 60-90 min.

Edit: for reference I’m gonna attempt to break the C2 world record for 500m in the next few weeks. I’m about 1.5 seconds off of it right now.

That actually sounds perfect. I guess it doesn't matter if it's something like sled pushes, push ups, etc?

Also, hell yeah get it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

That actually sounds perfect. I guess it doesn't matter if it's something like sled pushes, push ups, etc?

Also, hell yeah get it!

Na honestly it doesn’t matter just keep moving.

I’ll do squats, bench, OHP between as well.

I absolutely know I’m slowing my progress on those lifts but I’m trying to keep my cardio up.

I used to do it with my ex as well. She’d row for 30 calories and I’d do pushups / kettlebell poo poo / sit-ups whatever and then we’d switch and I’d row.

It was a great way to spend 30ish min working out with a partner.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Reminder that this isn't a fitness thread it's about getting big.

I don't want to start reporting people again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sassassin posted:

It’s possible to have both.

Just no CrossFit. 🙅🏻‍♂️

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

A really good friend of mine went from 210 jacked to 170ish shredded/smaller and now hes all like bro I don't get why you wanna be big theres no point to it

how can i report his rear end

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

MarcusSA posted:

If you row continuously, that will make you want to die too. The furthest I’ve ever gone in a single session is 24k, averaging a 7:20 2k split. Just put some headphones on, start rowing, and hate every second of it.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Raffles posted:

I quite like it. It’s fun to focus on Turkish get up technique.

Snatch test technique is fun too!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't do legs because my upper body is big enough that just carrying it around is enough.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
So youre fat

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MarcusSA posted:

Rowing by it self is boring as gently caress but if you start throwing other poo poo in there it will kill you and make you want to die for sure.

You don’t have to do 2 min you can also go for calories or distance. Whatever target you want.

Loren Howard's record? That's an awesome achievement.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Been doing a 5x5 program off of the "stronglifts" app for novelty's sake. Ratched my resistances way down to get form right. I don't know how often you're supposed to use the program, but I've been at it five days a week. Squats every day with a 5lb increase will get me to my old max (realistically only doing like 60% range of motion) of 375lbs in a month and a week, though that's probably too fast an increase to keep parallel. Still, it's been a nice change. OHP has been my bane, lol.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I think those programs are usually run 3 days per week. That rate of progression is pretty wild (100lb per month!). Unless you're starting wayyy below your current maximum you'll likely hit a wall in a couple weeks i think. Or unless you're on tren or some poo poo :shrug:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

canadianclassic posted:

I think those programs are usually run 3 days per week. That rate of progression is pretty wild (100lb per month!). Unless you're starting wayyy below your current maximum you'll likely hit a wall in a couple weeks i think. Or unless you're on tren or some poo poo :shrug:

This is realistically what's going to happen. I did go way, way under my old maxes but that was a deliberate attempt to make sure my form was proper.

Coincidentally more than a couple of the residents living in the building I work in have asked if I've been juicing and it's flattering but it's just protein, creatine and amino acids. An acquaintance is on five different cycles and I'm very concerned for their health. I know in the competitive world you need to do what you need to to be the best. It's just not for me.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Not really gym specific but I had to drop a deuce and both stalls were occupied with door open standing pissing dudes. Guy one came out, I went in, seat down with piss on it. I yelled “Dude, come on, lift the seat!” but he just kept walking. Dude two finishes, same deal. He stops and says “man, it was already like that - I didn’t touch it” and I said “yeah, you need to pick it up next time and not piss on it” to which he said “it was already like that” I asked him if his wife accepts that excuse when he pisses on the seat at home and told him to learn to be civilized.

In short, if any of y’all can’t lift the seat with your foot before you start peeing you’re animals.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

dantheman650 posted:

Not really gym specific but I had to drop a deuce and both stalls were occupied with door open standing pissing dudes. Guy one came out, I went in, seat down with piss on it. I yelled “Dude, come on, lift the seat!” but he just kept walking. Dude two finishes, same deal. He stops and says “man, it was already like that - I didn’t touch it” and I said “yeah, you need to pick it up next time and not piss on it” to which he said “it was already like that” I asked him if his wife accepts that excuse when he pisses on the seat at home and told him to learn to be civilized.

In short, if any of y’all can’t lift the seat with your foot before you start peeing you’re animals.

This is embarassing to read

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fallows posted:

This is embarassing to read

You go sit on a piss-soaked toilet seat then.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

You yelled at some guy basically cuz he didnt clean up the guy before hims' piss on a toilette so you wouldn't have to do it

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Oh I poo poo on the floor because there was already poo poo on the floor, don’t mind me.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
don’t piss with the toilet seat down, you loving goon

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

The hell was he doing if the piss was already there? Pissing around it?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm with no-piss on seat guy, I already hate having to poo poo at the gym because

a) you've probably already done at least a few sets to get the blood moving, so sweat = swamp rear end and

b) it's making GBS threads at the gym

I'm not gonna lecture the seat-pissers though, just bitch and complain about it loudly

The last time I wound up discovering that all three stalls, one right after the other, were out of toilet paper. After I finished they ended up being out of toilet seat covers too, which might have had thicker ply than the toilet paper did.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
how do you not poo poo at the gym? pwo has me making GBS threads at the gym more than anywhere else combined

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

So part of this app i use is support via questions answered by, I dunno, the stronglifts spokesman or whatever the gently caress. Spoiler alert, he's a tool.

From an email just sent out in answer to "I can't afford 2.5kg plates and my gym doesn't stock them, what do?"

Stronglifts Dingleberry posted:

P.S. I hate that "I can't afford it" excuse. Do you want get strong? Then make it happen. Stop spending money on bullshit supplements (I know you bought some). Sell some old stuff you don't use on craiglist. Get a part-time job. Make it happen.

Also gym making GBS threads 4 life. The upstairs restroom at my y is a slice of heaven when you need to unload.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

if its covered in piss before you start and you put it up to piss, its still going to have piss all over it when you put the seat back down, kinda a no win situtation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Piss in the tank

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

So part of this app i use is support via questions answered by, I dunno, the stronglifts spokesman or whatever the gently caress. Spoiler alert, he's a tool.

From an email just sent out in answer to "I can't afford 2.5kg plates and my gym doesn't stock them, what do?"

Also gym making GBS threads 4 life. The upstairs restroom at my y is a slice of heaven when you need to unload.

You can get cap barbell change plates for like 3 to 4 dollars from Amazon.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Exploring the limits of mass.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

What did he say before the PS?

Does strong lifts actually need 2.5kg plates? I noticed they are relatively expensive compared to lbs. If it's just some stupid marketing gimmick making kilos sound like magic to Americans, and you can use lbs, then just get some 5lbs. They are cheap as poo poo. Cap barbell has ones on amazon for $4 each, per the other poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
if i made a fitness app with charts n poo poo what features would people want to see?