Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm so glad children will grow up with the title of a fictional mass murderer as their name

it is extremely funny. people all sketching out their khaleesi cover up tattoos as we speak. yaaaasss kweeen burn the childreeeeeeeen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i loved this episode

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
When I read the leaks I thought they were way too stupid to be real. Lol, it is I, the dumb, for doubting.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Mountain survives, leaves Westeros to head to Middle Earth...

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This episode owned and I wish to congratulate myself for being right in 2010 that Dany is the villain and Cersei is the good guy.

I thought it was fine in the end i guess. Bullshit arya ending though. loving white horse

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In a vacuum this wasn't a terrible episode, but holy poo poo it's so bad considering everything leading up to it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

cant wait to see tormund as the night king in the next ep

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Imagine having plot armor so thick you survive out of literally an entire city getting burned.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zohar posted:

Unironically love this surreal dogshit episode lol

Look me in the eyes and tell me that Daenerys 9/11'ing an entire city isn't the greatest thing to happen knowing that morons who didn't read the books named their children after her.

I dare you.

This episode loving owns.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

also I guess winter is back? again?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

loving Dany's a team killer. She's offing Northern dudes left and right and thinks that's going to be all cool and good.

So did Jamie happen to have his hands around Cercei's throat when they were crushed by rubble? Not like maliciously, but lovingly? If so, LOL.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This was a classic GoT episode that subverts expectations. Only problem is none of it was interesting in the least. Cersei and Jaime dying by being crushed by a building. loving weak.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultimateforce posted:

Imagine having plot armor so thick you survive out of literally an entire city getting burned.

Assassin training and reflexes gives a 2+ invulnerable save

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Look me in the eyes and tell me that Daenerys 9/11'ing an entire city isn't the greatest thing to happen knowing that morons who didn't read the books named their children after her.

I dare you.

My favorite part was being able to see everything that happened.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Loden Taylor posted:

also I guess winter is back? again?

we're getting a callback to khaleesi seeing the snow falling on the iron throne

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bradzilla posted:

This was a classic GoT episode that subverts expectations. Only problem is none of it was interesting in the least. Cersei and Jaime dying by being crushed by a building. loving weak.

I was kind of hoping Arya would be trampled to death by that crowd.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I dare you.

note: morons also read the books

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Extreme, Earth rumbling, lol at people looking forward to the hound and mountain.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

I dare you.

I love it

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
looking forward to the fact that someone finally wrote an ending to this bloated piece of fantasy trash written by a dimestore tolkien and i am actually going to get to see it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Hustlin Floh posted:

In a vacuum this wasn't a terrible episode, but holy poo poo it's so bad considering everything leading up to it

Yeah, knowing who the characters are and how dumb they're all acting is one thing, but I just watched the post-episode featurette and if the bulk of the episode was chaos and pillaging and a dragon destroying a medieval city then that's cool by me.

It's also hilarious how all the white ladies who idolize Danerys are gonna meltdown now lol

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I dare you.

I got HBO on Amazon Prime for Chernobyl but now being able to see Game of Thrones end like this is icing on the cake.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

we're getting a callback to khaleesi seeing the snow falling on the iron throne

Ashes.

Expectations? Subverted, bitch.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ashes.

Expectations? Subverted, bitch.

argh d&d got me again!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zohar posted:

I love it

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Once this became a thing I rooted for Danny to go full Hitler bin Laden for just this reason.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

I dare you.

https://twitter.com/Iadytargaryen/status/1127766239206572032

you're not wrong

https://twitter.com/sirfdrakey/status/1127765463746793472

whitewashing the history of my favourite fictional character

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Remember when that northern guy looked his king in the eye and decided yea im actually gonna keep trying to rape this girl

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ultimateforce posted:

Extreme, Earth rumbling, lol at people looking forward to the hound and mountain.

It was corny epic, like Flash Gordon or Dune, and I appreciate it.

I mean, comeon, it starts with the castle crumbling and a dragon overhead.

It's so dumb and perfect and everything I hoped for.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Harveygod posted:

Once this became a thing I rooted for Danny to go full Hitler bin Laden for just this reason.

They should have ended the episode with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlfcqw_zEhU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I've hated basically every bit of this since s5-ish but holy lol am I now back onboard, this is the shittiest trash I've ever seen, it rivals dexter

(lol don't sign ur posts)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

When do we get the hot "Daenerys did nothing wrong!" takes?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
uncalled for to call this worse than dexter I mean come on

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone here ever watch Sharpe's Company? The siege of Badajoz turned into a total fuckshow of a slaughter because the attackers suffered four thousand casualties in a disastrous attack on the walls, and as retribution they massacred civilians and raped the entire town. You dont go into a city planning to rape and murder, it's something caused by stress and hatred.

What I'm saying is Grey Worm started a massacre and is responsible for the rape of Kings Landing when he decided to stab a man in the back.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

thatguy posted:

easy friend, so far it's just rivaling it

I wouldn't throw around an accusation like that casually

namaste

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

LabyaMynora posted:

By my count, 5 posts ago:

e: lol, reading these Twitter feeds to see the moment when it turned. It's like the election night 2016 thread again.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 13, 2019

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

LabyaMynora posted:

Right now. Humans should not even be in that land. Since the children and the night king failed to drive out the infestation, maybe we can get a full cleanse genocide going. Just keep burning until Dany and her dragon are the only living things left.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Remember when that northern guy looked his king in the eye and decided yea im actually gonna keep trying to rape this girl

It's hard to remember anything that happens in these, the game of thrones.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thatguy posted:

Yeah Dexter's ending is all time bad. This is just boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
arya just shrugging off her life's mission after helpfully being reminded that she might not survive killing the queen was the dumbest moment for me until that literal white horse showed up, lmao