Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

trickybiscuits posted:

The studio audience laughs, and we cut to the credits. God I want this ending.

Honestly if the show ended by teasing that the Walkers were still out there and humanity was hosed again I could see myself forgiving everything else that's happened this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

christmas boots posted:

Honestly if the show ended by teasing that the Walkers were still out there and humanity was hosed again I could see myself forgiving everything else that's happened this season

If that leak with Jon finding evidence of White Walkers after going North in a self-imposed exile ends up being true I'd be pretty happy.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

christmas boots posted:

There were rumors about that happening in an epilogue or post credit or whatever. If not it's weird that Jon goes back to the wall anyways.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Well I guess that's actually what happened

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Admiral Ray posted:

If that leak with Jon finding evidence of White Walkers after going North in a self-imposed exile ends up being true I'd be pretty happy.

Even though it makes no sense and is just a hook to get you to watch the prequel they're making?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I know that the leaks are out and are true, but I really really hope next episode Jaime and Cersei climb out of the rubble after protecting themselves under the dragon skull and they set off to leave happily everafter in Essos.

Let this all shitstorm all have been for nothing by having the main target survive

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Xanderkish posted:

Like take how wounds are handled in the show. In the first season, Drogo dies from an infection during battle, and Ned gets stabbed in the leg and has to limp for the rest of his life. These have impact in part because we've seen so many shows where heroes get serious wounds and then walk it off.

Then in this episode we see Jaime get stabbes multiple times but it hardly slows him down. The show looks like it's either rewriting its established rules or regressing to spectacle over substance.

The show handles it in a way that Drogo died from Mirri's poultice. Remember Arya got stabbed a billion times and fell into a sewer and wasn't any worse for the wear

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Taear posted:

Even though it makes no sense and is just a hook to get you to watch the prequel they're making?

It'd make for great TV. The show is schlocky enough that it'd be fine.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

The show handles it in a way that Drogo died from Mirri's poultice. Remember Arya got stabbed a billion times and fell into a sewer and wasn't any worse for the wear

Also the rest of Ned's life wasn't exactly very long anyway.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

lezard_valeth posted:

I know that the leaks are out and are true, but I really really hope next episode Jaime and Cersei climb out of the rubble after protecting themselves under the dragon skull and they set off to leave happily everafter in Essos.

Let this all shitstorm all have been for nothing by having the main target survive

Cut to Cersei lying on a beach chair surrounded by a bunch of shirtless, hunky foreigners attending to her. She lowers her sunglasses, looks directly into the camera and says "Now THIS I could get used to" and winks.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

COOL CORN posted:

Well I guess that's actually what happened

I never realized how much Cersei's ring looks like an onion ring

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Cross-Section posted:

I never realized how much Cersei's ring looks like an onion ring

Well, we never actually met Davos' wife....

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

It'd make for great TV. The show is schlocky enough that it'd be fine.

They should have leaned in 100% to the schlockiness this season. Have Dany telepathically communicate with her dragons. Make Ned's ghost manifest and talk to Jon when he's down in the Winterfell crypts. Give Podrick dragonglass nunchucks for the Winterfell fight.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

They should have leaned in 100% to the schlockiness this season. Have Dany telepathically communicate with her dragons. Make Ned's ghost manifest and talk to Jon when he's down in the Winterfell crypts. Give Podrick dragonglass nunchucks for the Winterfell fight.

Also the great Gazoo is in it now, only Davos can see him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OH NOW THE BOOKS ARE COMING OUT GRRM!? :psyboom:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I hope they sell like crap. (not bitter)

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

There's no way this is true.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Taear posted:

Also the great Gazoo is in it now, only Davos can see him.

See this, Benioff and Weiss? This is quality loving TV.

e: I don't know which is funnier, the books actually being done, or Barristan Selmy's actor just taking the opportunity to throw a grenade into this situation because he's mad at everyone involved for how his character was killed off.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 13, 2019

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

got a bridge to sell you

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
No pages.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Nail Rat posted:

There were like less than 200 left when Eastwatch was torched, if there are any left it has to be a literal handful.

Based on how quickly the Dothraki and Unsullied forces were replenished between episodes, there must be tens of thousands of Nights Watch guys by now.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

when pigs fly

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

If true, he's the greatest troll ever.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wasn't the actor who played Selmy super bitter about getting written off the show while his book counterpart was still alive and kicking? Dude's gotta be loving with people, right?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Someone posted this before and it's Barristan's actor saying it. Someone who has reason to really loving hate the show.
I mean beyond just being mad it's rubbish, you know.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Josuke Higashikata posted:

got a bridge to sell you

Mayhaps we'll throw in a wife too. Whichever one you want.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I wonder how much different Bronn's storyline would've gone if not for the fact he's literally not allowed on the same set as Lena Headley.

Also, Jaime claiming he never cared about the people of King's Landing felt like an untrue moment to me.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Iain McElhinney is getting his revenge for D&D writing him off the show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

How the gently caress would the actor who played Barristan know that GRRM has finished the last two books?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Or maybe they are both real, but they only contain the words "gently caress you" typed on all pages.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

DrVenkman posted:

I wonder how much different Bronn's storyline would've gone if not for the fact he's literally not allowed on the same set as Lena Headley.

Also, Jaime claiming he never cared about the people of King's Landing felt like an untrue moment to me.

Why is he not? He says hoping it’s not terrible or rapey but very worried.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I honestly liked the episode.

Mostly because, even though I had emotionally distanced myself away from this show way before the season even started during previous seasons, I was internally just cackling like a madman what a fitting beginning of an epilogue this is for this show that has turned into a huge trash fire. It's so bad I wanna see it burn.

edit: I also can't help but think about various viewing parties and various totally genuine reaction videos during every scene now.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 13, 2019

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Why is he not? He says hoping it’s not terrible or rapey but very worried.

they apparently used to date and it ended badly. no more concrete details available

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the last book is just a vhs copy of the final episode with GRRM commenting over it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, my uncle works at the Grum factory and he says the final book will have Mario and Luigi(he is the night king)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I could maybe see Winds being done and him waiting on the show being done to release it. But there is no way in hell he's written two books in eight years or whatever. None.

Even him having the one book done seems like a stretch tbh but a man has hopes

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
the books being finished for years but GRRM not being able to publish them cause of his contract with HBO is incredibly dumb

so of course it's real

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

the books being finished for years but GRRM not being able to publish them cause of his contract with HBO is incredibly dumb

so of course it's real

There were numerous statements from Grum about trying to stay ahead of the show, about him wanting Debate& Discussion to pause the show till he is finished, etc. Basically, that story makes zero sense any way you look at it it. It's just a dumb troll, joke or misunderstanding from the actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

I could maybe see Winds being done and him waiting on the show being done to release it. But there is no way in hell he's written two books in eight years or whatever. None.

Even him having the one book done seems like a stretch tbh but a man has hopes

Yeah I’m pretty sure he recently said he was working on Winds again after taking a break to work on other stuff. Highly doubt two books are ready to go.