Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Opferwurst posted:

Basically, that story makes zero sense any way you look at it it. It's just a dumb troll, joke or misunderstanding from the actor

And I'm telling you everything dumb or that didn't make sense in this cursed franchise turned out to be real so the books are real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It's the ultimate S U B V E R S I O N of expectations

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, for a long time he was like "Yeah, it's almost done. Like 6 months". It would be smart to publish WoW right after the show ends. It would sell like crazy.

But no way some actor who hasn't been on the show for years knows about that contract and how much GRRM has been writing.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

In all honesty, I could totally see him wanting to capitalize on dissatisfaction with the show. "Hey read the real story here, totally gonna satisfy your shipping angst pinkypromise!"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have it on good authority that Grum finished both books in 2013 but then his 1992 piece of poo poo Pentium 2 croaked and took all the files with it, so he had to write the books again. And then this happened again in 2015 and 2018 so that's why the books are not getting finished. AMA

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol I forgot he writes on an ancient word processor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope the next book comes out and it’s like 900 pages of Dany still in Meereen and like 20 new characters get introduced and the plot expands even more and nothing actually progresses forward.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope the next book comes out and it’s like 900 pages of Dany still in Meereen and like 20 new characters get introduced and the plot expands even more and nothing actually progresses forward.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
The supposed leak of Jon joining the Night's Watch again is the loving STUPIDEST thing. There's nothing to protect you dumb rear end if there's a giant loving hole there now. I hate the character of Jon, he does all these stupid decisions, he could have hosed Dany and it'd been fine but nope, gotta keep chugging along being a drat dumb rear end. Push rope you stupid gently caress and saved thousands.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This would be absolutely hilarious and subvert so many tropes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, for a long time he was like "Yeah, it's almost done. Like 6 months".

I've been pretty sure I'm like I'm 6 months away from finishing my book for the past two years.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Best case book 6 is probably ending with Dany arriving at Westeros I think anyway; only to see Young Griff on the throne

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Diabetic posted:

The supposed leak of Jon joining the Night's Watch again is the loving STUPIDEST thing. There's nothing to protect you dumb rear end if there's a giant loving hole there now. I hate the character of Jon, he does all these stupid decisions, he could have hosed Dany and it'd been fine but nope, gotta keep chugging along being a drat dumb rear end. Push rope you stupid gently caress and saved thousands.

Leaks says that Jon returns to the Wall and finds some fresh NK graffitti.

And then the series ends.

So in a way we can still get the "NK kills everyone" ending, it just happens offscreen as per usual for this series where big moments happen offscreen.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Opferwurst posted:

I have it on good authority that Grum finished both books in 2013 but then his 1992 piece of poo poo Pentium 2 croaked and took all the files with it, so he had to write the books again. And then this happened again in 2015 and 2018 so that's why the books are not getting finished. AMA

Oh poo poo he might actually have to upgrade to Windows 95

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I mean the sole purpose of the night watch for the last 8 thousand years was to police the wildlings. And there are always going to be wildlings cause there is farmland north of the wall but the terrain and distances make it impossible for a medieval state to effectively control that land, so you need a mobile ranging force to keep poo poo under control and defend against raids

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hold on somebody fixed it

https://twitter.com/david_quinones/status/1128027977218916352?s=21

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Opferwurst posted:

I mean the sole purpose of the night watch for the last 8 thousand years was to police the wildlings. And there are always going to be wildlings cause there is farmland north of the wall but the terrain and distances make it impossible for a medieval state to effectively control that land, so you need a mobile ranging force to keep poo poo under control and defend against raids

That may have been their purpose, but now there's a huge loving hole in a magic ice wall, so are you gonna guard that hole? Just the hole? Even if Jon finding NK graffiti justifies it, it's still a stupid loving move before he gets there. It's like calling MULLIGAN if you gently caress up, that's not how it works.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
This was easily the best episode of the season, not really high praise though.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

lol

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly lol at anybody who thought that episode was bad when it has inspired such powerful meltdowns

https://twitter.com/PeonFlux/status/1127970811359432704?s=20

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

I also made one of these and I hope you enjoy it.

https://twitter.com/occamsrancor/status/1128037092435603461

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

romanowski posted:

honestly lol at anybody who thought that episode was bad when it has inspired such powerful meltdowns

Spoiler: her life would have been wasted in any case

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

romanowski posted:

That's amazing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

romanowski posted:

Holy fuckin' poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

romanowski posted:

I think the episode is good now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The meltdowns have made this dumb loving show so goddamn worth it

https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/1127788263299850240

https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/1127811930805166080

I like this one a lot though

https://twitter.com/its__kojack/status/1127778903030943746

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Game of Thrones is good again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I admire Drogon's working ethics and commitment, he must have quite a sore throat after burning so many civilians with his fire breath.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should have made King's Landing out of dragon's throats since they're fire proof.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Upsetting shithead centrist white Twitter people made the show becoming bad worth it.

Seriously though, I always got the impression that taking the throne was always a more important priority for Dani that went above being beloved. Doesn’t excuse the rushed lazy writing though.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Diabetic posted:

The NW leaker replied to someone about this yesterday lol

quote:

Yeah, dude. Do you really doubt it after what you've seen the past few weeks? I got hit on that detail so hard because it doesn't make any sense, but here's the thing about lovely leaks: they don't make any sense! I swore up and down that Euron and Jaime fight even when other leaks contradicted me, and guess what happened? A loving inexplicable fight between them.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Upsetting shithead centrist white Twitter people made the show becoming bad worth it.

Seriously though, I always got the impression that taking the throne was always a more important priority for Dani that went above being beloved. Doesn’t excuse the rushed lazy writing though.

Oh wow, the Hilary comparisons are accurate after all!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Diabetic posted:

Jon killing Dany will make him all guilt ridden so he's gonna go into self-imposed exile while wearing a black cloak cause he's in mourning.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jon isn't exactly known for his keen decision-making skills anyway.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

It pisses me off that these people are genuinely pissed off about GOT

...in a way that completely validates whatever "alt right/"bros"/whatthefuckingever". Don't get me wrong, the showrunners are obviously doing a crap job with the show and arguably mishandling (as was basically foreseen) "representation" or whatever you want to call it.

But being a certain sort of public figure and going into full twitter meltdown just gives lovely people more ammunition.

I mean, I can't argue I'm not deriving entertainment from the meltdowns it in a, very, uh, goony way but it kinda hurts too.

Please don't construct your loving identity/opinions/life around a loving TV show or books written by a huge neckbeard. :piss:

Signed,
Star Wars fan

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh my god is that how it was shot? Dany just looking a bit out of breath before throwing bad computer effects on people? Wooooow

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/QueenMab87/status/1127754615955574784

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

These folks are reading a lot of poo poo into a story line that had its conclusion written 20 years ago.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yes, all those famous rational male kings this show is known for such as:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Robert Baratheon.